Zees
Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
The Demon of Carthage
Adit
26 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg - Page 5 Empty Re: Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:27 am

Massively proud of the team for their first-leg performance. Now granted, it's not really a big advantage, especially in this year's CL campaign where even a three-away-goal lead might not suffice for you to go through. But to defeat Bayern for the umpteenth time in their own backyard is definitely something to be proud of.

The tie is definitely not over, far from it, and with all the injuries we have sustained it's going to be even harder to see it through. But I hope our guys with this very narrow first-leg advantage won't get complacent like they did against Juventus.

We have had a horrendous season in the league and cup, but if we could somehow save it with a CL trophy, it would be amazing. I have already said it many times that I would rather win the CL than a double league-cup. There's nothing like winning the CL, let alone winning it three years in a row.

It's going to be difficult, extremely difficult, but if we play our hearts out and give everything we have, I'm convinced we can do it.

The alarming thing for me is that our players didn't look remotely interested in winning nor did they show any grit in both the return-leg against Juventus and first-leg againt Bayern. That's not how you should play for the last trophy you're still in contention for this year.

They must change their attitude if they want to have a chance of winning the CL this year.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg - Page 5 Empty Re: Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:35 pm

Missing Isco might be a blessing in disguise, plus Bayern suffered way more in the injury front adding Robben and Boateng to their already long list of injuries- will Alaba be back? He was a huge miss for them.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:45 pm

I disagree about Isco, honestly. Losing a player of his caliber can't possibly be a blessing in disguise.
Carvajal who, and aside from his unusual subpar performance against Bayern, has always been reliable, playing with insane grit and bleeding for the shirt every time he steps on the pitch will also be missed.

Then you have Nacho, a guy who I personally like a lot and would've been great filling in for Carvajal but will most likely miss the game as well. That right side will be more vulnerable than ever and Alaba who I just read today will most likely play in the return leg will ensure to exploit it with Ribéry.

Bayern don't really have to rely a lot on their players to execute their tactical plan because they have a very competent coach. We, on the other hand, we have a professional motivator who lacks a little bit in the tactical department and has to rely on the brilliance of his players to win games on their own. Such approach always shows its weak spots when one of those players falls injured. That's why I think that ven though we don't have as many injuries as Bayern, we'll suffer more than them from it.

But the most important part is that Z has...no MUST make sure not to send the players on the pitch without motivating the crap out of them. We really can't afford to play like we did against Juventus in the return leg or Bayern in the first leg again. We wouldn't go far with that attitude and I remember clearly I was furious at how indifferent they were against Juventus and Bayern. You can't play like that and expect to win every time. One of those days you're gonna get smashed. So Z MUST (emphasis on MUST) make sure not to let that happen ever again.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:53 pm

I just rewatched the 2nd half. Benz had like the worst cameo I have seen under ZZ. He was supposed to be an outlet but every one of his balls were to a Bayern player. Everyone else particularly Modric were busting their asses to get back and Benz was running round like a Toyota Yaris 1.0 up a steep hill.

We were kind of comfortable in the 2nd half. Watching it again I thought we defended fantastically particularity Ramos (and Varane) who played like a captain. Alot of oir players were trying to be too cute on the ball, I remember an instance where Marcelo tried to flick the ball over Kimmich and then Asensio only clearing it as far as Tolisso who played the ball into the box and Ramos just blasted the ball high up into the stand. I can imagine him giving Marcelo and Asensio the eye after that lol

We should definitely play the 451 in the return leg, Bayern defenders are going to make Benz look like Lukaku. I'd rather we remain solid at the back so that Modric doesn't have to get stretched left and right to cover for our lack of wingers

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:56 pm

The problem is Ronaldo is kind of useless in the line CF role. He looks half arsed and unhappy in that role. I would start with a CF (bezelol) ?And then looking at match course sub him off .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Not like we have any other choice. The CF options we have are all terrible. I'd rather we don't start any of them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:30 pm

i rather we start any even benz, if it get ronaldo back to his top form self.

u know kroos and casemiro mindset are bad when the bigger name like modric work harder than them.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Not like he played any better when Benz came on. When Ronaldo is on it doesn't matter if he is lone forward or not, he'll still score. And with our terrible Bernabeu record we need every player playing their backsides off next week. Can't afford to carry passengers like Benz and Bale. If a CF is all we need we can start Mayoral. At least he offers workrate

Re Modric tbh there has been alot of time this season Modric has been super lazy. Just a couple of weeks ago v Juve I didn't kniw what had gotten into Modric because he was playing like a drunk
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 pm

not a slightest fan of mayoral, he's really lacking in all department.

but since we are leading, have the luxury to try that option.

if we ever get to final, i still think we should play benzema. not a popular opinion, but i think we cant afford to have another performance like previous match.
let's see our good matches, 2 matches vs psg and 1st leg of juv, all benz starting,
then we have bad one since dropping benz, like 2nd leg juv, and the last match. (also bilbao? i didn't watch that one)

not saying benzema have much influence or contribute on these performance or ronaldo godlike, but if he's part of the formula that somehow working, maybe we should stick to it.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Benz was subbed out in both PSG games when the score was 1-1 and we ended up winning without him, he also started v Bilbao and we scored without him. 2nd leg v Juve has happened to us plenty of times before even when we were gunning for LaDecima. The team is very complacent. Our two most inform players right now are Lucas and Asensio and I am not ready to sacrifice a midfielder to fit in a guy who cant even bring himself to work hard for 20 minutes. If Bale had a similar cameo he would probably not be in the squad the next game. Mayoral is a younger, fitter Benz. He even sees him as his mentor lolz. The only thing he has going for him is his work rate and good technique
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:51 pm

As bad as we are with Benz, Ronaldo is too isolated without another forward with him.

Against Bayern we will, again, need to have extra cover on the wings so I would say this should be our line up:

Ronaldo Benz
Asensio Kroos Modric Lucas
Marcelo Ramos Varane Nacho
Keylor

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Yeah, 4-4-2 is currently our best set up at the moment to help with the either protecting the lead we have and/or scoring I think.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I would play Bale over Benz.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:26 pm

No thank you. At least Benz as bad as he is, participates in plays and has decent hold up play. When Bale plays all we do is lump it forward because he prefers to run behind the defence instead of building play patiently. Bale is just a glorified Lucas without the technique on gigantic wages
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Without the workrate too, which is essentially why he is on the bench. Its the defensive effort that he is not showing. Will start in la Liga this weekend for sure though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:49 pm

I would guess that Bayern will come at us like hounds and so we have to be prepared for this, i don't want Benzema in these types of situations, pos was jog pressing in allianz. We have narrow lead, are coming off a disastrous match against Juve, and will be facing a team who will want to cross constantly and look to catch us in transition so i mean, i dont know if we can afford 442. 451/433 shape with Bale (because i assume Lucas will play RB) doing a similar job on the wings to his 13/14 performance at Allianz which was good enough (consisted of defending and looking for passing options whilst remaining concentrated and simple). Lucas and Marcelo would need all the help they can get, Kroos is no Kovacic (used in 442) when it comes to running and tackling.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:18 pm

I dont think we should let Bayern dictate play from the get go. We both have a point to prove. They want to beat us while we want our first win at home against a big team this season. We should play like we did against PSG. We should not stop pressing, their defence were gifting us balls left right and center when we decided to press as a unit. We can't afford to bunker up in our own half, we are no Atleti. It might work once but can't make it a habit. Muller and Lewa won't stand in each others ways again
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'd rather get a player with some to prove tito... regardless of age.

I really really really want Cavani. Dude is lethal. Yeah, his technique is clumsy often. But he is all effort and he will kill himself out there.
This is actually a good shout because i think cavani is an excellent striker. PSG might be looking to sell to move Mbappe as 9, so why not?

he is not the best of finishers out there but he has excellent movement for a CF, defends and moves around the pitch quite a bit.

I wonder if Aguero would not be attainable too?

In a perfect world, i would drop Benzema and sign two or even 3 strikers, say Martial and Aguero/Cavani. young and older, but who am i kidding, benzema aint going anywhere lol.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:16 am

Aguero Laughing he brings a whole new meaning to selfishness

Icardi, Firmino, Cavani I don't care as long as we get someone who works hard and scores
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:00 am

no buying firmino hype. poorman aubameyang.

cavani have plus and minus on our situation.

i would be on board the icardi train.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Both Isco and Nacho are back in training
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Surprised about Isco, just yesterday, they said 2 - 4 weeks. I frankly don’t want him playing as he is essential to our WC bid and we want him 100% healthy. Quite frankly, he isn’t needed against Bayern, but he could be in next weekend clasico and likely in CL final.

And with Nacho, they were saying yesterday doubtful for this game and were considering starting Lucas there. Issue IMO, if Lucas starts ar RB, they have to play Bale on the wing. Who would have thought we would want Lucas starting over Bale!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:40 pm

We should play:

Navas
Lucas-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Casemiro
Kovacic-Modric-Kroos-Asensio
Ronaldo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:06 pm

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg - Page 5 DcDIZ8CXUAEzAzL?format=jpg

Nacho is back banana

Hope he starts
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:40 pm

He probably would, don't see why not.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 01, 2018 3:05 pm

It's sad and borderline pathetic that Bayern from coach to players are focusing more on whining about the referee than trying to play their own game.

I already know the game is going to be violent and full of referee crowding. I didn't expect them to stoop this low, but it is what it is.

I hope we go through. We have always been complacent at home and we need to keep that in mind if we don't want what happened to Juventus to reoccur tonight.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next