Mr Nick09
Doc
The Madrid One
sportsczy
9 posters

Go down

Giving CR his due Empty Giving CR his due

Post by sportsczy Wed 4 Apr - 14:08:47

The man is incredible.  Messi is more beautiful to watch and does things that, from an aesthetic standpoint, you can only admire regardless of the team he plays for.

Ronaldo is equally as lethal though.  He just is.  He's arrogant.  His style is direct.  He's not always the most fluid looking player.  But damn it if he doesn't just take your breath away with his ruthlessness.  

I've seen if for stretches from other players...  2, 3, maybe even 4 years...  but Ronaldo has been doing it for over 10 years at this crazy level.  

In a lot of ways, he reminds me of Kobe Bryant. Most people couldn't stand Kobe for almost all of his career. But after a while, those people couldn't help but admire him... the sheer weight of his impact and longevity forced your respect. Ronaldo is the same way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Giving CR his due Empty Re: Giving CR his due

Post by The Madrid One Wed 4 Apr - 17:35:42

I think his bicycle kick goal from yesterday should go down as his greatest ever singular moment. It was a real special moment, it was like the whole world stood up for long due applause of undeniable appreciation. I'm not even a big Ronaldo fan compared to your everyday fanboy, but for like 2 hours after the goal i felt a feeling similar to when we won the Champions Leagues, everything seemed brighter, more quieter, the world made sense, t'was peaceful. Incredible.

The guy has done everything, one of the very best careers in all of sports history. One of those bigger than life legends.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 4 Apr - 19:08:16

I personally have not seen a stadium other than the Bernabeu/Old Trafford applaud him like the Juventus fans did. Really has to be a special moment in his career where he actually, genuinely was appreciated for what he did on the field from other fans.

Yeah, a lot of Madrid fans in forums actually had to give him his just dues after yesterday. Without him, Lord knows if were even be in the quarters far less for beating Juve in Turin.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 4 Apr - 19:11:21

I can't help but think back at his Mourinho era when we were losing big games in CL knockouts with CR in his younger prime. I was genuinely thinking back then "can we win with this guy?" It was a legit question back then and Mourinho was running the argument that with CR on the wings not defending we would not win anything.

What a difference time has made, the man is improving with age like fine wine. Pay the man his millions ffs he is undoubtedly one of the best ever.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed 4 Apr - 19:57:45

Young CR that used to run down the wing, beating players with his pace and trickery was definitely more entertaining to watch but i would have this CR over him any day. He used to be labelled a big game flop but now he's probably the most clutch player out there, and has had arguably had the most ridiculous CL campaign ever last year.

Honestly i feel like this season could've been a lot different if he hadn't gotten that red card at the start. He looked like he was in the best shape since his injury in 2014 but being out of competitive football for month can seriously screw up the fitness and even mental aspects, not starting off on the right foot.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 4 Apr - 21:40:04

Our whole team sucked until january... not just CR. 10 out of 11 came around in 2018.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 4 Apr - 21:43:11

The overhead itself wasn't the thing.... he had to run backwards (so his momentum was going away from goal) and then he had to jump up 2 meters to reach the correct point to make contact. You know how hard it is to get everything right and then generate enough power under those conditions. It was superhuman.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 5 Apr - 0:54:49

cristiano has had loads of big moments for us, he has been carrying us from an offensive standpoint for like 4 years straight, cos his partners up front have been wetting the bed. yesterday was amazing, but i think the hattrick against wolfsburg was a bigger moment than yesterdays. i have never had problems with his perceived lack of humility. in fact in this day and age where we have a lot of false humility from certain coaches (who i will not name, cough....pep. but it hurts me anytime i see madridistas praise them ), as well as players. his honesty is very welcome

Last edited by titosantill on Thu 5 Apr - 0:59:36; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu 5 Apr - 0:58:37

despite all this you guys do know we have to be planning for life after cristiano; i trust that with his kind of ego he'll know when to bow out, he wouldn't want to be averaging 5 goals every 20 games and still be starting. and that will be a tough void to fill. players with his skill level will come and go, but that desire, a lot of goat players don't have his kind of desire, and that's very very tough to replace
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu 5 Apr - 1:02:44

Mr Nick09 wrote:I can't help but think back at his Mourinho era when we were losing big games in CL knockouts with CR in his younger prime. I was genuinely thinking back then "can we win with this guy?" It was a legit question back then and Mourinho was running the argument that with CR on the wings not defending we would not win anything.

What a difference time has made, the man is improving with age like fine wine. Pay the man his millions ffs he is undoubtedly one of the best ever.

For someone who was arguably a big game flop, the turnaround has been remarkable. Cant help but admire the man's perseverance and supreme will.

Let's face it. He is limited with the ball, especially now and wont influence a game throughout 90 minutes. He has reinvented himself as a goalscorer and is probably the best the game has ever seen as a goalscorer. And he now scores loads in crucial CL matches. He is definitely one of the all time greats. Certainly has a legit claim for greatest CL player of all time.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 5 Apr - 1:59:17

he was definitely not clutch a few years back, but now it's a completely different story. it's almost as if he now understands that it's better to do less to be more decisive. All the tricks, or flicks are great on youtube but do not win you games so he almost shed all of that away from his game. Obviously with time he is also holder and cant pull off the same moves he used to.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 5 Apr - 5:08:52

sportsczy wrote:Our whole team sucked until january... not just CR. 10 out of 11 came around in 2018.

Annoys me so much really. Literally everyone got their act together in January. Zidane realised that he did get his coaching license and actually remembered he can think a bit while his team figured out they can kick a ball really well.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 5 Apr - 6:00:51

sportsczy wrote:Messi is more beautiful to watch and does things that, from an aesthetic standpoint, you can only admire regardless of the team he plays for.

You make it sound as if he's ever stepped outside of his comfort zone. Or were you referring to the Argentine NT? hmm It took him ages to look comfortable playing with his NT, and as far as I know, that's the only relevant team he's played for, apart from Barca.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Fri 6 Apr - 20:06:26

So even one of the pillars of the Triumvirate has bowed down to the greatness of Cristiano.

You cowards always hide. Before the PSG game you were all calling for his head and what happened?

He demolished PSG and forced them into hiring a fraud in that vampire, Tuchel.

He has now scored the greatest goal in the champions league history and carries on dominating like no other before him.

I wonder what excuse you guys will have when he wins us our 3rd Cl in a row...

but but he deson't make key passes like midgetssi...

Some of you 'fans' disgust me.

Gracias Cristiano

Gracias EL Comandante

El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content