The Demon of Carthage
Mr Nick09
Thimmy
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Varnagel wrote:
If you wanna copy paste my posts, then at least get your facts straight.

Well what do you know, I actually got you to edit that absolute trainwreck of a post about Suarez Laughing

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Where do you rank Benzema in all time Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Benzema is top 5 all time at Real Madrid in terms of CFs... number 5 to be exact. Gento, Puskas, Sanchez, Santillana and then Benz.

gento was not a cf first and foremost he was a winger. he played nos 11. when bale scored that goal in the cdr final, there was an interview with gento where he mentioned someone called him asking if he saw what bale did, that he did what gento used to do. di stefano is a cf, so too raul, like did those two somehow not exist anymore?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm

and kevin durant is better than steph curry. i think the two championships in which gsw beat lebron is proof of that. those games especially the first one with kd are going 7 if kd wasn't there. steph had many stinkers in those games especially game 3 of both where kd just took over.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:00 am

titosantill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Benzema is top 5 all time at Real Madrid in terms of CFs... number 5 to be exact. Gento, Puskas, Sanchez, Santillana and then Benz.

gento was not a cf first and foremost he was a winger. he played nos 11. when bale scored that goal in the cdr final, there was an interview with gento where he mentioned someone called him asking if he saw what bale did, that he did what gento used to do. di stefano is a cf, so too raul, like did those two somehow not exist anymore?

Puskas was the CF. Di Stefano played the second striker role.

Same with Raul... R9, RVN, etc. were the CFs. Raul played the SS role like Di Stefano.

And Gento was a winger (may bad)... so Benzema is 4th. Good for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Thimmy wrote:
farfan wrote:I've always said that history will be kind to Benzema.

Try telling the kids in ten years that the third highest scorer in the history of the CL " sucks ".

That's assuming that kids of the future won't look up "Benzema fail machine" or "Benzema open goal misses" on Youtube hmm I think history will be kind to the majority of our players, to be fair.

You can make even make Cristiano & Messi look awful on YouTube. With enough material, one could make hours long of fail compilation throughout their careers. However, their productivity speaks for themselves.

At the end of the day, Benzema will go down as one of the best players from 2010s decade.

Mamad wrote:Yeah numbers and charts doesn't matter when it comes to Benzema. it's just the modern football and him feeding of Madrid's best run in last 50 years.

Yes, stats definitely matters when you're judging forwards in general. Although you've to contextualize Benzema's situation because he wasn't Real Madrid's main option for years.

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Varnagel wrote:
If you wanna copy paste my posts, then at least get your facts straight.

Well what do you know, I actually got you to edit that absolute trainwreck of a post about Suarez Laughing

I haven't edited about how KD & Suárez never won trophies as the best player in their own team.

I just went back and elaborated about this.

sportsczy wrote:Puskas was the CF.  Di Stefano played the second striker role.

Same with Raul... R9, RVN, etc. were the CFs.  Raul played the SS role like Di Stefano.

And Gento was a winger (may bad)... so Benzema is 4th.  Good for him.

Benzema is not a CF either, if we're being real. He was mostly used as a SS or false 9.[/quote]

Last edited by Varnagel on Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:02 pm

I am so of the opinion Durant is a better bballer that Curry. Like, almost religiously believe it too.

Also, Raul is so a CF. We can call him SS if you wanna be all technical but CF he is. That being said, yeah, Big Benz is probably top 5 CF for Madrid. Puskas, Sanchez, Di Stefano, Raul, Benzema/Santillana in no particular order.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Doc wrote:I am so of the opinion Durant is a better bballer that Curry. Like, almost religiously believe it too.

Also, Raul is so a CF. We can call him SS if you wanna be all technical but CF he is. That being said, yeah, Big Benz is probably top 5 CF for Madrid. Puskas, Sanchez, Di Stefano, Raul, Benzema/Santillana in no particular order.

Neither Di Stefano, Benzema or Raúl were CF in the same mould as Puskas/Sanchez.

They were all verstaile forwards who could play in mulitiple roles.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Benzema getting exposed with out CR.

No rescue matches, no come backs , no taking the team by individual magics.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Doc wrote:I am so of the opinion Durant is a better bballer that Curry. Like, almost religiously believe it too.

Benzema is Morientes with more job security
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Freeza wrote:

Benzema is Morientes with more job security

Except Benzema is a superior scorer with much more well-rounded game lol.

It's not really fair to Morientes with this comparison.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon May 30, 2022 7:24 am

BUMP

Many (horrible) takes in this thread aged like milk lol

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:58 pm

I think now that his career is over, we can revive this thread.

The way i see it:
1- Di Stefano
2- Ronaldo
3- Zidane
4- Gento
5- Benzema

So many great players at Madrid that this is all very easily debatable. But ending up as the 2nd best scorer ever and the number 1 assist man ever has to carry a lot of weight.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:54 pm

Today we say good bye to a legend

Definitely in the top 3 for me

1. Di Stefano
2. CR7
3. Benz
4. Gento
5. Raul

Benzema 21/22 season will live in infamy. such an insane carry job that can never be replicated.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:43 pm

I refuse to believe Raul is a top 5 RM legend. When he was around he was always in danger of being replaced by a shinier toy because he was never considered good enough. Even Ramos has a bigger claim, but guys like Puskás and Roberto Carlos are probably even more deserving.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I refuse to believe Raul is a top 5 RM legend. When he was around he was always in danger of being replaced by a shinier toy because he was never considered good enough. Even Ramos has a bigger claim, but guys like Puskás and Roberto Carlos are probably even more deserving.

When the hell was that? He was done at Madrid, when Flo took over the second time and completely changed squad with Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema.  There are some detractors, mostly in GL, certainly not in Spain. For 10 years he was the best Spanish player period. At the time, he broke all records except for Di Stefano.

He is absolutely still adored in Spain.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:00 pm

Raul is an elite legend for sure.  People forget that he was the first player to score 50 goals in the champion's league and he's still 5th all-time.

Never the best player on any of the better Real Madrid teams he was on...  we had some ridiculous talent come through...  but just consistently very good and always among the top players.

You can't take away from his consistent top performance for an extremely long time.  Like Benzema, he adapted to the teams around him.   Unlike Benzema, he never had that break through when given the alpha role... but that's ok.   He was more consistent than Benzema during his career frankly without the peak.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:35 pm

Raul is definitely in the conversation imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:42 pm

Maybe top 10-15. As far as I'm concerned, from this generation, Ramos, Modric and CR are above Benz. He's probably levels with Marcelo. With that being said, he probably had the greatest season by any player we've had in the modern era. His 22/23 was insane, and since 2018 he's constantly been a top 5 player ITW.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5