BarcaLearning
zenmaster
Beautiful Football
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ARTHUR - Page 4 Empty Re: ARTHUR

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:21 pm

You guys have obviously forgotten how Xavi played if you think this numpty is any close to the legend himself.

This guy plays safe and is more obsessed about keeping possession than actually getting the ball upfield. Tell me when he played a crucial pass in the past 3 matches? He played maybe one critical pass all match against Madrid. Compared to Xavi who would have seen a pass that your average numpty midfielder (read Cesc) would also see but Arthur not only didn't play the lob, he didn't even acknowledge it. In fact I've seen one single long ball from him in 300+ minutes despite the many runs the full backs would make in behind the opposition defence.

Don't get me wrong, the lad is doing alright but the Xavi comments are as premature as my ejaculations.

But hey defensively he is as poor as Xavi is. That's a similarity?

(sorry I love this numpty word since reading the Lopetegui Suicide Watch thread)

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:24 pm

danyjr wrote:You guys have obviously forgotten how Xavi played if you think this numpty is any close to the legend himself.

This guy plays safe and is more obsessed about keeping possession than actually getting the ball upfield. Tell me when he played a crucial pass in the past 3 matches? He played maybe one critical pass all match against Madrid. Compared to Xavi who would have seen a pass that your average numpty midfielder (read Cesc) would also see but Arthur not only didn't play the lob, he didn't even acknowledge it. In fact I've seen one single long ball from him in 300+ minutes despite the many runs the full backs would make in behind the opposition defence.

Don't get me wrong, the lad is doing alright but the Xavi comments are as premature as my ejaculations.

But hey defensively he is as poor as Xavi is. That's a similarity?

(sorry I love this numpty word since reading the Lopetegui Suicide Watch thread)

windkick wrote:Not sure if you remember Xavi's first years in the first team but he was very similar. Expecting Arthur to play like prime, World Cup winning 2010 Xavi in his first 5 matches with Barcelona in a Clasico is really not fair.

Myesyats wrote:
windkick wrote:Not sure if you remember Xavi's first years in the first team but he was very similar. Expecting Arthur to play like prime, World Cup winning 2010 Xavi in his first 5 matches with Barcelona in a Clasico is really not fair.
Also nobody expects Arthur to be EXACTLY like Xavi. We just hope he develops into a player of Xavi's profile, obviously he'll never be as good as Xavi who was a once in a lifetime player.

But obviously Dany always sees the negative side of things.

Arthur is a newcomer from a different continent and so far he's played like a veteran and bossed the pitch against 2 great European powerhouses in Madrid and Inter. Maybe those teams aren't at the peak of their form, but still, it's a big challenge for a South American player who isn't really familiar with playing in CL and the best leauge in the world which is La Liga.

:coffee:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Yeah, we just said Arthur isnt close to Xavi you numpty.....

Because NOBODY is close to the legend that Xavi was.

When reading Dany's posts I'm imagining a 15 year old girl on her period 24/7.

Blames Arthur for playing it safe against Real Madrid 5 games into his European career. FOR FVCKS SAKE

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Collblanc wrote:Hans where are you rofl rofl rofl rofl oh i see, second place: behind Ajax in the CL. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

And? Arthur still is rather the next Cleverley than the next Xavi.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Myesyats wrote:When reading Dany's posts I'm imagining a 15 year old girl on her period 24/7.

I identify as one.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Collblanc wrote:Bossed against Tottenham, Valencia, Sevilla, Inter and Real Madrid Laughing 40 million Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

zigra wrote:21 years old still playing in Brasil.. as an outstanding talent I'm sure he's absolutely dominating the lea.. oh nevermind, 6.96 on whoscored rofl

Quality aside I watched a few minutes of that video and not only does he look poor, he also is nothing like Xavi. Trainwreck of a thread imo.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  

https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/18/98/14/06/rsz_7810.png

Oh hey I found him.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Wouldn't get into our team btw. One of the worst hypes I've ever seen lol
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 am

We've played our best games in a long time when Arthur started to play, against Inter and Madrid we've had more control of the ball and we were finally able to dominate the middle of the pitch for a considerable amount of minutes at a time. Usually we were exchanging blows against Madrid for the entire game but now we just passed them into submission, especially in the first half.

Arthur is giving us the control we've been asking for since Xavi left. He dictates the tempo of the game and others feel calmer around him too because you can bet on him to keep the ball and pass it around in a way which changes the flow of the game.

He's freaking darn good. It's like he's played for us for 10 years. Didn't even have to get accustomed.

He's the best player in our squad in regards to xG Buildup per 90 minutes which accounts for all the passes in the buildup to an expected goal aside from key passes and shots.

Not to mention the performance of Busquets and Rakitic elevated considerably in Arthurs presence. He makes players around him perform better.

Future GOAT.

ARTHUR - Page 4 Dqnc_ljUcAATtvJ

Bow down before King Arthur.

ARTHUR - Page 4 Dqq-gT2WwAElRed

That pass to Alba at around 2:00. :bow: Most bums would probably go for a hoof ball but Arthur produces an inch perfect low ball that bounces a bit but is caressed so perfectly Alba dont even need to look down cause he knows it's at his feet. That's quality and you notice it right away.

And even if he loses the ball or makes a mistake, he brushes it off and continues on bossing the pitch and being brilliant. Nothing phases him.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:27 am

Thimmy wrote:
CBarca wrote:Going to be one of the best midfielders in the world in a couple years
Future GOAT, no doubt Molenation

A few months ago, I read that Messi was a fan of Arthur, but I've heard very little else about him. Even 17 year old, Victoriusudus has garnered more hype than him hmm If this guy turns out to be anything above Rakitic level, I'll gladly use an avatar of your choice for a month Very Happy

Did he ever reach Rakitic- level?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:29 am

Thimmy wrote:I don’t have any particular opinion of him. The actual quality of the player doesn’t really matter, since the GL hype train has such low standards Proud

The GL hype train still has low standards. This thread has aged well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:56 am

Is he playing badly? haven't heard much about him this year.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 am

farfan wrote:Is he playing badly? haven't heard much about him this year.

I don’t watch Barca’s matches often enough these days to know whether he’s been good or bad, but I don’t get the impression that he’s well on his way to becoming the next Xavi/Iniesta or whatever sensationalist comparison it was.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:13 am

He will be flogged together with Dembele soon. Mostly for off the field issues. Heard he is Neymar lite with his partying

Tbh, Barca would take and hype anyone who can pass a ball under pressure. Look at their midfielders. That's why they are the only ones who see some sort of super human abilities from FDJ when Alena could have been as good had they trusted him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:14 am

The guy has above average shielding skills and that's where the Xavi comparisons should have ended. He lacks the vision and the brain of the chameleon eyes.

Probably has the same STD as fartbol (his biggest admirer on GL) which causes the brain to stop functioning.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:44 pm

So the STD thing is true? I thought it was just fans making stuff up Laughing

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:23 am

Let's just decide that it is true.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's just decide that it is true.

That’s a GL tradition, anyway Proud
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:26 pm

The Xavi comparisons were always ridiculous and is just the Barça fan version of yearning the loss in the all-time best midfielder.

Definitely an impressive player to watch but hard to take him seriously due to his STD ridden state tbh.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:09 pm

The intl. Barca fanbase declares anyone the new Xavi who looks a bit good under pressure and can pass the ball. Oliver Torres was also the new Xavi not that long ago. Then Samper was the new Busquets. And Montoya was Dani Alves' successor. Laughing

We had Arthur and De Jong in midfield with Rakitic on the bench and got outplayed by Slavia Prague and some low level La Liga teams this season, literally the worst period play-wise under Valverde. Couple that with Arthur's inability to last more than 60 minutes and stay professional outside of the pitch.

Potential is there but who knows when they will fulfill it. In fairness, I don't remember many CMs who were world class at 21 or 22. Thiago was an early bloomer who looked ready around that age but he hasn't really developed much since then either.

In 5 years they might dominate. Or not. Who knows. My bet is Barca will fall apart after Messi and Suarez retire (I know, not a risky bet). They are the only 2 players who win games. The backline with Pique and Alba retiring is a joke (Firpo leftback, Roberto rightback Laughing) and the midfield is only potential as of now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:11 am

Arthur was one of Barca's best players at the start of the season, if not their best (Pre-Messi injury). Though I understand the doubts about his professionalism. Guy has been out of action with an STD for more than a month now ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:22 am

Syphilis does tend to cause neural and motor problems which is a viable a excuse for his recently underwhelming form as it is, rather than natural causes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:11 pm

Fartomeu wrote:He has decided not to return because he believes his chapter at Barca has ended.

It is his decision. No one has given him permission. I assume what has happened is that he has gone to Brazil and wants to extend his holidays. That has forced us to open disciplinary proceedings against him because he has to play with Barca until the season is completed. In this case in the Champions League, just like Pjanic.

It was an agreement between the clubs. What he has done is a lack of respect to his teammates because the team wants to do well in the Champions League and also to the club. It is unjustifiable and totally incomprehensible.

Apart from the fact that if a worker doesn't work, he doesn't get paid, it's not logical that playing for such an important trophy, a player decides to erase himself [from the team].

Congratulations to Juventus for signing this top class act. Behaves unprofessionally, late night parties, misses training cause of catching STDs from hookers :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:32 pm

What da fuck happened to him, did he have gonorrhea in his brain? Have fun being carried by refs at Juventus.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm

This is quite hilarious. Barca have 0 problems getting players to rebel against their own club when they want to sign them, but i guess the situation is reversed now? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:34 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:This is quite hilarious. Barca have 0 problems getting players to rebel against their own club when they want to sign them, but i guess the situation is reversed now? lol
yup agreed

raise crows...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pm

talking about lack of respect lmao

the guy has some nerve