Your top 5 favorite bands

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:37 am

Pearl Jam's a pretty good band that makes grunge music, as well. They played in Norway recently. Apparently, the Norwegian crown prince is a fan. I found that pretty surprising. Eddie Vedder looks damn old now.

Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9568
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Warrior on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:27 am

Thimmy do you listen to black metal ?

About Nirvana, it's good music but i won't say i'm a fan since i only listened the greatest hits. Love some of their riffs and chorus "Come As You Are" "Lithium" "Teen Spirit". Kurt Cobain's voice is unique.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:06 am

@Warrior wrote:Thimmy do you listen to black metal ?

About Nirvana, it's good music but i won't say i'm a fan since i only listened the greatest hits. Love some of their riffs and chorus "Come As You Are" "Lithium" "Teen Spirit". Kurt Cobain's voice is unique.


No, I don't. I am familiar with some of the bands, though. I had a friend in middle school/college who used to be really into death/black metal, so I've listened to some of it. He used to edit videos that me and my friends made during the whole "jackass" craze. I recall Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth as two of the bands he liked a lot. He also used a lot of songs that had a pretty unique sound, but I have no idea what genre they are.

Dug up some of the songs he used in our videos, in case you're interested.







Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9568
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Warrior on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:05 pm

Ahaha ! Funny you mention that, Dimmu Borgir is my favorite black metal band, so your friend has good taste Razz Especially the first 2 albums, those in norwegian language, they got a more symphonic vibe.

Also into some Gorgoroth, Emperor, Darkthrone etc. One of the most influentials are a band called Mayhem, maybe you heard of it. In their debut they had another singer, real name Per Ohlin a.k.a Dead. Lad was so dark in his mind that he slept in cemetery and buried himself so he would smell like a corpse. His lucky charm was a dead crow in a plastic bag. End up suicide at 21 i think.

I asked you that question because most of the bands i listen (of this genre) come from Norway. And a norwegian friend who came for exchange student in sec school kept telling me about the metal scene of Bergen. So i assumed it was popular in your country.

Love the last song you posted although it's more rock than metal imo
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:06 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Pearl Jam's a pretty good band that makes grunge music, as well. They played in Norway recently. Apparently, the Norwegian crown prince is a fan. I found that pretty surprising. Eddie Vedder looks damn old now.


great song.

_________________
Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:55 pm

@Warrior wrote:Ahaha ! Funny you mention that, Dimmu Borgir is my favorite black metal band, so your friend has good taste Razz Especially the first 2 albums, those in norwegian language, they got a more symphonic vibe.

Also into some Gorgoroth, Emperor, Darkthrone etc. One of the most influentials are a band called Mayhem, maybe you heard of it. In their debut they had another singer, real name Per Ohlin a.k.a Dead. Lad was so dark in his mind that he slept in cemetery and buried himself so he would smell like a corpse. His lucky charm was a dead crow in a plastic bag. End up suicide at 21 i think.

I asked you that question because most of the bands i listen (of this genre) come from Norway. And a norwegian friend who came for exchange student in sec school kept telling me about the metal scene of Bergen. So i assumed it was popular in your country.

Love the last song you posted although it's more rock than metal imo


We seem to export a lot of it, but very few Norwegians listen to that type of music, from my personal experience. I can count on both hands, the amount of people I've met inside of the borders that listened to black metal. Bergen is one of, if not the city in Norway that produces the most notable artists. Nowadays, the likes of Kygo, Aurora and Allen Walker are probably the most famous ones, but Bergen has always seemed to be able to churn out talented artists of all kinds of music genres.

I've watched a least one documentary about Mayhem and the controversial lead singer of Burzum, who killed their lead singer. Pretty disturbing, but interesting stuff. Apparently, he's uploading videos on Youtube with conspiracy theories and political rants, these days. I haven't been interested enough to watch a lot of them, but I saw a video where he was ranting about Norway; complained that our social security numbers was a way for our government to "identify people as digits", rather than actual people. I don't think he's quite mentally stable Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9568
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:10 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Pearl Jam's a pretty good band that makes grunge music, as well. They played in Norway recently. Apparently, the Norwegian crown prince is a fan. I found that pretty surprising. Eddie Vedder looks damn old now.


great song.


My dad listened to Pearl Jam when I was growing up, so I have soft spot for them. I heard this song a lot when I was in primary/elementary school.




_________________
Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Isco-alarcon-2
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9568
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Warrior on Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Fun fact Burzum is a one man band, its only member is the former bassist of Mayhem. Less fun fact the guy went to jail for murder, he's also an extreme-right speaker as you said, so yes he has big problems. Damn talented musician tho.

Very understandable if people in Norway turned the page on black metal, the peak was early 90s and it declines since. I thought maybe there was still a fanbase there.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:43 pm

@Warrior wrote:Fun fact Burzum is a one man band, its only member is the former bassist of Mayhem. Less fun fact the guy went to jail for murder, he's also an extreme-right speaker as you said, so yes he has big problems. Damn talented musician tho.

Very understandable if people in Norway turned the page on black metal, the peak was early 90s and it declines since. I thought maybe there was still a fanbase there.

And guess who was the victim? Euronymous, the former guitarist of Mayhem.


_________________
I ****ing hate Komodo dragons
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4716
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:24 pm

@Warrior wrote:Fun fact Burzum is a one man band, its only member is the former bassist of Mayhem. Less fun fact the guy went to jail for murder, he's also an extreme-right speaker as you said, so yes he has big problems. Damn talented musician tho.

Very understandable if people in Norway turned the page on black metal, the peak was early 90s and it declines since. I thought maybe there was still a fanbase there.


That one album that Burzum recorded in jail on a 4 track recorder is pretty fucking great

notwithstanding that he's a Nazi psychopath

_________________
Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Fbl-ita-serie-a-fiorentina-ribery-5d5fe3bd55aa31c89c000018
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 28633
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:45 pm

I forgot that he's a self-proclaimed nazi, as well. Good thing, he fled the country.

_________________
Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Isco-alarcon-2
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9568
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by CBarca on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:34 pm

@Thimmy wrote:No, I don't. I am familiar with some of the bands, though. I had a friend in middle school/college who used to be really into death/black metal, so I've listened to some of it. He used to edit videos that me and my friends made during the whole "jackass" craze. I recall Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth as two of the bands he liked a lot. He also used a lot of songs that had a pretty unique sound, but I have no idea what genre they are.

Was this that guy that joined the forum for like a month, way back when?

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18028
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:No, I don't. I am familiar with some of the bands, though. I had a friend in middle school/college who used to be really into death/black metal, so I've listened to some of it. He used to edit videos that me and my friends made during the whole "jackass" craze. I recall Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth as two of the bands he liked a lot. He also used a lot of songs that had a pretty unique sound, but I have no idea what genre they are.

Was this that guy that joined the forum for like a month, way back when?

Veslerik? I think he stayed with us for a few months. He listens mostly to rap and hip hop, if I remember correctly. And that's what most of my childhood friends listened to. I grew up mostly listening to rock and punk rock, which I guess most of my friends considered kind of "hipster".
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9568
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by The Madrid One on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 am

http://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

If you go to this website you can make and share charts of your favorite albums. Share yours, here's my top 42 off the top of my head.

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Topsters2
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4688
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Warrior on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 am

it's great

on top of my head i didn't make rankings:

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Topste11
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Young Kaz on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 am

Guest wrote:Its amazing how English-language is so widely represented on here even by people from non-english speaking countries. If the real world was Civilization England would have won via a cultural victory a long time ago Laughing

Top 5 bands
1. The Jackson 5
2. The Candies
3.The Carpenters
4. The Temptations
5.Queen

I mostly Listen to Soul,City Pop, show tunes, and jpop.



Cant jam to MJ anymore.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 479
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Unique on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:12 am

@Young Kaz wrote:
Guest wrote:Its amazing how English-language is so widely represented on here even by people from non-english speaking countries. If the real world was Civilization England would have won via a cultural victory a long time ago Laughing

Top 5 bands
1. The Jackson 5
2. The Candies
3.The Carpenters
4. The Temptations
5.Queen

I mostly Listen to Soul,City Pop, show tunes, and jpop.



Cant jam to MJ anymore.
never mind that but how did this punk have queen at 5th on that list Shocked

_________________
Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by M99 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am

Made one purely on hip hop, from top of my head, no order.

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Topste10

_________________
#JUSTICE4Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Lulcas11Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBYour top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 ZidaneYour top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 SmurffYour top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 GhelyonYour top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Hungry_boyYour top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 28060
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 96

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Young Kaz on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
Guest wrote:Its amazing how English-language is so widely represented on here even by people from non-english speaking countries. If the real world was Civilization England would have won via a cultural victory a long time ago Laughing

Top 5 bands
1. The Jackson 5
2. The Candies
3.The Carpenters
4. The Temptations
5.Queen

I mostly Listen to Soul,City Pop, show tunes, and jpop.



Cant jam to MJ anymore.
never mind that but how did this punk have queen at 5th on that list Shocked


3 of the 4 I have in front of Queen are objectively better than them. only arguable one is the Carpenters since they had a lull as Karen grew sicker in the late 70's.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 479
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Warrior on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 pm

@M99 wrote:Made one purely on hip hop, from top of my head, no order.

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Topste10



Nice, can see myself listening to your iPod
Except for Kendrick Lamar whom i don't rate
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 favorite bands - Page 4 Empty Re: Your top 5 favorite bands

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum