Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
futbol_bill
12 posters

Go down

Will new interim coach bench Benzema Empty Will new interim coach bench Benzema

Post by futbol_bill Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 am

Saturday, Benzema was severely booed by the fans at Bernabeu who are fed up with him.

Today, it is being reported that Zidane will quit if PSG eliminates Real over the next couple of weeks. It will be a major upset if this floundering team could somehow contain the likes Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani! Or even expecting a solo improving Ronaldo to somehow compat the goals by the PSG trio!

So the questions then will be who will be the interim coach and how will they play out the rest of this miserable season. Will Benzema finally get treated the way he should have been all along?

I also think the new guy has to play the kids a lot more to see who should be kept and who should go.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Will new interim coach bench Benzema Empty Re: Will new interim coach bench Benzema

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 am

that trio has to be the most overrated thing ever. have they done anything of note yet so that we should be so afraid of them ? not even the unstoptabble MSN was this scary according to the way people talk about Cavani Clownmar and Mbappe
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Will new interim coach bench Benzema Empty Re: Will new interim coach bench Benzema

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:23 pm

If we get an interim coach, it is very unlikely there will be changes to the names on the team sheet each week. I would expect different tactics and hopefully motivation, but the Benzema's, Bale's, and Ronaldo's of the world will continue to play.

The interim manager's role is to right the ship, and considering the amount of pressure there would be, I would not expect major changes to large, established players until summer with a new head coach.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Zidane is not going to quit. Apparances matter a lot for Madrid and Zidane won too much to ungraciously leave in the middle of the season. Even if he is out of all compeition it's gonna wait. He has not lost the locker room and he won't lose them if PSG win.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm

agreed with mr nick, i don't see why zidane would or should quit, you don't throw your weight around all summer and in the winter window sticking to your players and then quit after a game, unless he's fired....and i don't see flo sacking him after that game, that's unnecessary spending, hiring interim coaches and we need every peso euro dollar yen we have for the summer

two; booing and whistling benzema is ridiculous, its like beating a dead horse. these fans watch the games and pressers, they know zidane, whistling benzema will do nothing but make him get more minutes, zidane wouldn't want to admit he was wrong in pinning his hopes on him. the fact he only has two goals is even more reason zidane will keep playing him. imagine if mayoral (who has 1 league goal) of all people also starts outscoring benzema....zidane would feel it won't help benzema's confidence

and whether they whistle or not, i think flo has had enough of benzema's rubbish, and is certainly in the market for someone in the summer. i get fans whistling but after a missed effort in the last second of a game that was wrapped up? lol c'mon that's a tad extreme even for the impatient bernabeau crowd

Last edited by titosantill on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm

now as far as psg, whilst i don't have the utmost confidence in what we're doing, to already start talking about interim coaches before the game, isn't on. we've been terrible and i've said on here before that i don't think we can flip the switch but let's play the game first. just for the record, i don't want any interim anything, we made our bed in the summer let's lie in it and learn from the experience....interim coaches cost money too, i want all our moneys focused primarily on rebuilding
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 am

@tito, we are simply doing live what you lot have been doing behind the Internet all year long!

As to an interim coach costing, wrong, they will simply ask Solari to take that on.

Zidane himself has said he is likely gone if they lose to PSG.

As to talking about the defeat before it happens, you got to be kidding. We stand to lose at incredible odds. The best we can hope for  is they don’t embarrass themselves.

Zidane won’t go thru the humiliation of a firing, he will offer to resign and Flo will be an even bigger fool than he has been if he doesn’t accept it.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am

I sure hope it’s not Solari, he can’t even manage Castilla. I suppose the only bright side to that could be Guti getting his job and Solari leaving Madrid for good after he’s finished his interim stint.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 am

That’s exactly what history tells us!

You are looking for someone to finish the final 2 months of season, not a miracle worker. That has to wait until the summer. What you want is someone to demonstrate what we have, or don’t have.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 pm

The story is bullshit
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:42 pm

We have a saying in Franconia

First the trousers, then the shoes

After you blow PSG away youll be standing there without pants on
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:The story is bullshit

What story? It a hypothetical question!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 pm

i'm not saying a player shouldn't be booed, i understand booing but a last minute miss in a blow out win (a miss mind you we all knew he was going to miss even before he got the ball), its a waste to whistle at that point. lol it really serves no purpose, as i've said, the whistling will only make zidane play him more cos he wouldn't want to admit he was wrong in trusting him, its like when he was whistled in ancelotti's first year, and so carlo practically stopped subbing him out in the first few months so he doesn't get booed
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:29 pm

as far as the story, why the hell would you look for someone to finish the final 2 months if there's little or nothing to fight for? that's a complete waste of money and time (cos an interim coach with a sensible agent would have a payout clause for when he's released from his duties). if my memory serves me correctly, anytime we've hired interim managers, we've still been in the running for at least the ucl/la liga not when we're knocked out

even though i know our situation and i'm not confident, the fan in me is hoping all this interim talk is premature and some miracle can happen. and i highly doubt anyone is considering santi solari for anything (i doubt the truth to the whole interim talk, its not sensible to me)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm

The booing in the final minute was just an accumulation of all the crap football Benzema served up during the match. I think that was was gonna happen (if the same situation occurred) at any moment during the match. It certainly didn't make any logical sense but the fans at the stadium obviously were frustrated beyond "thinking logically".

As for this Interim stuff, shouldn't we wait until a ball is kicked?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 am

I actually think we have a very decent chance of beating PSG.

They haven't done all that well against the other teams in the top 4 in Ligue 1
- Marseilles 2-2 draw
- Lyon 2-0 win and 2-1 loss
- Monaco 2-1 win

In fact, the only impressive win so far was that first leg against Bayern.

Defense is suspect and midfield is a bit soft. In fact, Lass is supposed to start tomorrow Laughing As long as our strikers just score the normal goals, i think we should be favored. Our midfield will dominate them imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:51 am

sportsczy wrote:I actually think we have a very decent chance of beating PSG.

They haven't done all that well against the other teams in the top 4 in Ligue 1
-  Marseilles  2-2 draw
-  Lyon 2-0 win and 2-1 loss
-  Monaco 2-1 win

In fact, the only impressive win so far was that first leg against Bayern.

Defense is suspect and midfield is a bit soft.  In fact, Lass is supposed to start tomorrow Laughing  As long as our strikers just score the normal goals, i think we should be favored.  Our midfield will dominate them imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that you wanted us to sign Lass not too long ago? Something about him having improved all aspects of his game? hmm

As for the match today, naturally I hope the players step up to the occasion and play their hearts out. I do think our own defense is suspect, as well though, and they have perhaps the most potent attack in Europe right now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 am

lol hmm, he's right sports, i think i recall you typing that somewhere in regards to wanting us to sign lass
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 am

With all the negativity surrounding the club at the moment, I am not going to say it's impossible we pull something out over the two legs.

I don't think it's likely, but a lot of points sports brought up are weaknesses we can exploit.

I think the biggest factors in this tie will be manager level- ZZ isn't great, but we have to remember we are facing Emery, Injuries- Mbappe, nor Cavani have been the best since coming back from injury, and they don't have adequate cover for Motta in midfield who is out, and their defense- if they start Kurzawa and Alves, it is entirely possible that Bale and Ronaldo have a field day against Areola.

I still think it is a long shot to go through, but it is possible. It depends entirely on which RM shows up- if they can exploit the above weaknesses we have a great chance, if they don't then, well, we are screwed.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

When Lass was with OM and wanted leave... it was last season. As a OM fan and someone who watched him as a result, I thought he was very good.

Since then, he went on his typical self-destructive "I want to get paid" route that landed him god knows where lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am

Will new interim coach bench Benzema EJ1ZIZll

thoughts? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:23 pm

slavessi
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Six Madrid players in this chart ffs :bow:

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:28 pm

My thought is that Benzema is a very bad football player that should thank god every day that his time in Madrid coincided with Ronaldo's
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:04 pm

farfan wrote:Will new interim coach bench Benzema EJ1ZIZll

thoughts? hmm

That includes quite a lot, assists AND second assists? RM score lots of goals and he's the central most and furthest up player. It's a crime he doesn't have more tbh.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum