Valkyrja
rincon
Kaladin
urbaNRoots
guest7
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What happened to Florentino Perez? - Page 2 Empty Re: What happened to Florentino Perez?

Post by Doc Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

futbol wrote:Should have done everything to sign Mbappe, even selling Ronaldo and Benzema. As if Madrid couldn't afford that with € 100M from their own pockets plus whatever Benzema and Ronaldo bring in (easily more than € 50M in transfer fee plus getting rid of their wages).

Mbappe-Bale
Isco-Kroos-Casemiro-Modric

Don't know what more you would need tbh (except a competent coach).

Glad they didn't.

Yeah, I know you are enjoying this a lot. So is Hans.

Anyway, nothing has happened to Flo in the public eye but I'm sure he wondering why didn't he just listen to the fine folk at GL and sign the players we mentioned.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What happened to Florentino Perez? - Page 2 Empty Re: What happened to Florentino Perez?

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm

The issue is not Zidane not wanting players like Pogba or Mbappe (he obviously wanted them). Real Madrid have this stupid salary structure that paying those players would have blown up... In tangible terms, they wanted both Pogba and Mbappe to take 50% paycuts for the privelege of playing for Real Madrid. They both very obviously said no.

Second issue with Pogba specifically was Raiola's fee. Flo hates him and would never pay that to any agent.

We're just being outbid.... pure and simple. We also won 2 CLs in a row and just came off the CL/La Liga double... so there was no urgency or pressure to break the existing structure to bring in outside players. We haven't bought a WC player since Kroos and we only got him because he had a cheap release clause/or his contract was ending. The last true big splash we made on a player was Bale..

We're a reactionary club by nature, not proactive. We had very little reason to act strongly until now. Resuts were rolling in.

Just to put it in perspective... until November of 2017, Zidane had as many trophies as losses.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm

rincon wrote:Then that Barca that mocked you was wrong. I don't know if you speak spanish but the whole thing with CR was widely reported. Madrid owns 50% of his image rights regarding anything to do with Madrid imagery, like when he does something wearing the Madrid shirt, or merchandise, etc. His own share of his image rights are owned by Peter Lim as he sold it to him for publicity in Asia.

https://as.com/futbol/2015/06/29/primera/1435572644_993987.html

They are not the only club that does it too. Napoli has problems with transfer and contracts because they control all the image rights of their players. For Madrid its easier since players will want to play for them regardless.

Thank you. Just what I was looking for.

This is amazing by Florentino Laughing That can hardly be worth it for CR though
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Just sold our best player of all time after Di Stefano.

I never watched Di Stefano also it was a different era of football/different rules so I'll just leave it like this - he IS the best player of all time for us.

Wait for it... He sold him for 100m :facepalm: rofl
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 pm

This is what happened:

What happened to Florentino Perez? - Page 2 Lw0af4Y5_400x400

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:13 pm

I swear next thing I'm gonna hear is that Guardiola is coming to Juve and I'm gonna lose it.

Dominate both Serie A and CL
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Never liked Perez, great businessman but always frustrated me with his transfers

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 pm

guest7 wrote:I swear next thing I'm gonna hear is that Guardiola is coming to Juve and I'm gonna lose it.

Juve already dominates Serie A and Guardiola sucks in the CL

Pep coaching Ronaldo would be so funny though
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
guest7 wrote:I swear next thing I'm gonna hear is that Guardiola is coming to Juve and I'm gonna lose it.

Juve already dominates Serie A and Guardiola sucks in the CL

Pep coaching Ronaldo would be so funny though

It's not like he has never won CL, it's just recently hmm

Also Pep losing with Ronaldo (that is still functioning since he IS declining right now) is unlikely, most likely would probably manage to win CL.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Guest7 aren't u joining Juventus fanbase?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Guest7 aren't u joining Juventus fanbase?

Aren't you joining too? I thought everyone was doing it now hmm
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

News? Coming next week Mbappé, Hazard and Courtois
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:20 pm

futbol_bill wrote:News? Coming next week Mbappé, Hazard and Courtois
rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Unique wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:News? Coming next week Mbappé, Hazard and Courtois
rofl rofl

I agree with Unique here. That’s not happening.

Sarah is joining that trio
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 pm

He did the right thing. CR just scored goals any decent striker will replace him and score as much for a much less salary

In R.Madrid and Barcelona scoring is not a big deal. These are big teams that feed their strikers all the time. And if this feeding focuses only on one man, then he will score 50 goals a season

Madrid needs to buy one decent striker and he will do the job and score 40-50 goals. But if they buy Neymar their team will improve overall, more passing, more build ups and more scoring chances
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am

He is going all out.

First signing already: Militão (Brazilian CB, 22 from Porto) for €50 million.

danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:47 am

Kebab wrote:He did the right thing. CR just scored goals any decent striker will replace him and score as much for a much less salary

In R.Madrid and Barcelona scoring is not a big deal. These are big teams that feed their strikers all the time. And if this feeding focuses only on one man, then he will score 50 goals a season

Madrid needs to buy one decent striker and he will do the job and score 40-50 goals. But if they buy Neymar their team will improve overall, more passing, more build ups and more scoring chances

You don't just simply replace C. Ronaldo's scoring efficiency, man Laughing He may not have had Neymar or Messi's contribution to the build up, but his often thankless ruthlessness in terms of getting the ball inside the net is second to none. I highly doubt Neymar would improve our team, overall. I have no doubt that he'd help bring the ball forward, but those so-called tap-ins, headers and pens that people tend to write off as too easy to care about, are things that actually win you matches. Not just anyone has the positional awareness, physical attributes and mental strength to score that type of goals as consistently as CR7 did for us, and is still doing for Juventus at 34 years of age.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 am

VAR
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Kebab wrote:He did the right thing. CR just scored goals any decent striker will replace him and score as much for a much less salary

You don't just simply replace C. Ronaldo's scoring efficiency, man Laughing He may not have had Neymar or Messi's contribution to the build up, but his often thankless ruthlessness in terms of getting the ball inside the net is second to none. I highly doubt Neymar would improve our team, overall. I have no doubt that he'd help bring the ball forward, but those so-called tap-ins, headers and pens that people tend to write off as too easy to care about, are things that actually win you matches. Not just anyone has the positional awareness, physical attributes and mental strength to score that type of goals as consistently as CR7 did for us, and is still doing for Juventus at 34 years of age.
Who is decent striker? Bale is always injured and Benzema never was a true goalscorer. Vinicisus too
Also No Zidane, no marcelo. Ramos takes penalties. Perez is in vacation. What you expect from that team? Didnt even talk about VAR

As for Ronaldo playing 50 games a season you will make headlines from time to time. and its the end of the season first time someone tumbs ronaldo apprecation thread. Where he was untill now?
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:04 pm

danyjr wrote:He is going all out.

this was planned since last winter, this is not going all out. chill bro lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
danyjr wrote:He is going all out.

this was planned since last winter, this is not going all out. chill bro lol

Because it was planned last winter why can't it be going all out? I am not saying it is going all out, but your argument with the "last winter" thingy has nothing to do with going all out. tongue
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:14 pm

So what does going all out means for you then? Because even in terms of fees we are not breaking the transfer ceiling on centerback
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Cambridge Dictionary wrote:to put all your energy or enthusiasm into what you are doing

Well, if we consider this definition, putting all your energy or enthusiasm into a transfer is definitely possible even though it was planned since winter, but like I mentioned, I am not saying Flo Perez is going all out. I doubt that sum really means "all energy and enthusiasm" for him. If it was 200 mil euros, then maybe it was going all out, no matter if it was planned since last winter or 2002. Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Kebab wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Who is decent striker? Bale is always injured and Benzema never was a true goalscorer.  Vinicisus too
Also No Zidane, no marcelo. Ramos takes penalties. Perez is in vacation. What you expect from that team? Didnt even talk about VAR

As for Ronaldo playing 50 games a season you will make headlines from time to time. and its the end of the season first time someone tumbs ronaldo apprecation thread.  Where he was untill now?

I don’t think VAR has been particularly decisive, for the most part. Most referees seem to prefer not relying on VAR, and I don’t think we should rely on it bailing us out either. It might’ve changed the course of the game against Ajax, if VAR had correctly ruled their second goal out for being scored after what should’ve been a throw in for us, but we can’t really complain when Ramos and Casemiro still seem to often get away with cynical fouls to some degree. VAR is far from perfect in it’s current format, but I don’t feel that it’s been working against us unreasonably often.

I don’t think Zidane could’ve done much with this team, and that’s likely why he left in the first place. Brilliant move on his part, considering he not only dodged a long streak of poor performances, as well as an uncharacteristically unmotivated and generally weakened team, but was met with a reception worthy of kings after announcing his return to a massively improved transfer budget.

I’ll definitely miss Marcelo’s attacking threat, but we have plenty of quality in the fullback position without him. He’s one of those players whose quality is impossible to fully replace, but I think we’ll have more defensive solidity without him. We would’ve had to let him go at some point, and now’s a good a time as any.

I personally don’t mind Ramos taking penalties. Many were puzzled when he started taking them, but he has yet to miss one this season, so there’s really nothing to complain about. He’s come a long way since he fucked up in that penalty shootout against Bayern, a few seasons ago.

I haven’t watched Juventus consistently this season, and I think few non-Juventus supporters on here have. I’ve mostly been watching Inter Milan in Italy. CR was the top scorer in Serie A the last time I checked, and despite his slow start, he’s clearly been an important player for his team. I’m sure it’s been discussed in other threads than the Ronaldo appreciation thread. He doesn’t have any passionate supporters of Harmonica’s ilk on here, so no one’s keeping consistent track of his adventures in Italy.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm

So you don't think he is going all out and you put all this effort in trying to correct me because? Lol. Going all out in this context also implies a quick, almost not carefully thought, response to our current circumstances; which I wanted to disagree with
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm

You really think I went all out to correct you? Laughing

For me it surely doesn't mean a quick or not carefully thought response and I just thought it has absolutely nothing to do with being planned since winter, therefore it didn't make any sense as an argument.

For example, it is possible to go all out by giving everything and investing all your transfer budget after a carefully thought plan since winter.

Anyway, never mind. I'll make sure to skip your posts next time so you won't be bothered by me. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next