Valkyrja
rincon
Kaladin
urbaNRoots
guest7
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What happened to Florentino Perez? Empty What happened to Florentino Perez?

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

It seems like he is losing his marbles. First he is satisfied with a top 4 finish in the league, and even that's not guaranteed with Zidane. But what shocks me the most is not keeping Zidane, I'd have done the same thing, it's just it's very unlike Papa Flo (Notice how I call him Papa Flo since he is arguably one of the best presidents ever) - what shocks me the most is the lack of spending!!! That is one hundred percent not Flo-like.

What happened? Is the financial stability he brought just a myth? It seems so... Honestly I don't think we're as rich as people claim us to be. First off, the shirt deals with Ronaldo seems shady, why would Ronaldo give away 50% of his shirt sales to a club when it pays more than his wages? Ronaldo would be even richer if he kept his shirt deals. That's why I don't believe players like Messi or Ronaldo sells stakes of their shirt deals. They keep that shit 100%. I need sources (legit sources) that prove to me that Ronaldo really sold his image deal.

Then winning all these CLs must have payed alot. 3 CLs recently, all those bonuses etc.

But these are all theories based on our thrifting at the moment.... Maybe we're still a rich club and Florentino is just being a bad president at the moment... But consider this - Barca can spend since they sold Neymar. Without selling Neymar they would hardly spend what they spent. Maybe La Liga is starving! EPL surely must pay alot more? Every league game is bringing lots of viewers. La Liga followers outside of Spain are rare.

TLDR: What's your thoughts GL? Did Florentino lose it? Are Madrid a poor club? Did Ronaldo really sell his image rights? Does EPL pay more?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What happened to Florentino Perez? Empty Re: What happened to Florentino Perez?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 am

I obviously don't know the financial situation as well as a Madrid fan would but it seems to me that the stinginess has started since Zidane has become the manager and Real Madrid won the CL back to back.

Zidane's idea was to keep the current players who have won the CL back to back and add some youth players thinking about the future. On paper Ceballos or Kovacic should become Modric's future replacement, Theo Hernandez Marcelo's etc. but what happened is that some key players declined and Zidane is too proud to admit defeat and change his ways. Perez naturally supports Zidane as a Real Madrid legend and as someone who has made his club win the Champions League back to back.

Perez is probably thinking that Zidane can muster another CL challenge this season and then spend some money on replacements for the whole front line pretty much and other positions that need changes.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:50 am

Nothing is wrong with him, there just aren't any good black players around
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 am

Players and team's decline, it happens. You also have a rookie manager that makes the situation worse, and seems like he didn't want to sign any players, or attainable ones at least. Zidane will get sacked or quit, summer moves will happen, and Madrid will be back.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:57 am

If Zidane is as bad as you make him out to be, just buy players with individual quality. It seemed to work so fine before.

I don't really buy that he is a "bad manager". I agree he has became stubborn, hardly trying out new players and new tactics (stuck on 4-4-2 and same players, not using the bench as his first seasons) but a bad manager? Maybe right now, but he can come back.

This is down to Flo, not hiring a sporting director and secondly not acting as one himself if there is none there.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:59 am

guest7 wrote:If Zidane is as bad as you make him out to be, just buy players with individual quality. It seemed to work so fine before.

Doesn't Zidane say every week that he doesn't want any players signed?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 am

we don't have as much money as people think, that's all. we can't buy a player for 200 million, and that's what gets you world class nowadays. our reported summer budget is ~200m, and we need 4 attackers in order to replace the BBC, 3 starters and a striker backup (we'll probably get mariano for that).
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

In addition to what others mentioned (i.e. a declining squad in both physical and mental aspects), I blame oil-rich states and UEFA's inability to address the financial fair play issues.

For all of Madrid's riches, they always played by the rules in the transfer market but players often pushed for moves to such a legendary club because of the prestige that comes with playing in a club like Real Madrid. However modern players seem to care more about their wages than history and club loyalty. Just look at AC Milan.

Had not PSG and City swarmed the market not only by paying excruciate amounts for transfers but also offering wages better than any club can, I'd have trusted Madrid to bring in a couple of good players this season. The inflated market certainly scared many clubs off, including Madrid.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 am

What rules did Madrid play by? Laughing

Record after record broken on the transfer market and now you complain about that. Zidane, Kaka and Cristiano are forgotten just like that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am

Oh man, I didn't realize things were so bad at Real that it's time to place good old shirt sales under scrutiny once again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am

Should have done everything to sign Mbappe, even selling Ronaldo and Benzema. As if Madrid couldn't afford that with € 100M from their own pockets plus whatever Benzema and Ronaldo bring in (easily more than € 50M in transfer fee plus getting rid of their wages).

Mbappe-Bale
Isco-Kroos-Casemiro-Modric

Don't know what more you would need tbh (except a competent coach).

Glad they didn't.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

rincon wrote:
guest7 wrote:If Zidane is as bad as you make him out to be, just buy players with individual quality. It seemed to work so fine before.

Doesn't Zidane say every week that he doesn't want any players signed?

Yeah, he has became stubborn. It's so surprising because he wanted to sign both Pogba and Mbappe judging by his pressers but now got a different attitude.

This has definitely something to do with the inflation. I don't think La Liga can compete with it. Not with Messi and CR there.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Man, how can you be so naive? Have you never read financial papers. The club’s finances are publically available. And as to liga only in Spain, have you ever been to Latin America? As to shirt sales, club makes enough in shirt sales to pay entire salary load! Ronaldo getting a 50% share of his shirt sales is very rare and was negotiated when he joined club and that also was made public. I swear you must be a teenager!

The not signing is strictly a matter of Zidane not wanting to touch his starters!

Zidane is as good as gone.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

I remember a time when ending 4th would have led to the coach being sacked and signing the best 3 non Barça players in the summer market. It doesn't look like he is getting ready to make some moves.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:00 pm

rincon wrote:What rules did Madrid play by? Laughing

Record after record broken on the transfer market and now you complain about that. Zidane, Kaka and Cristiano are forgotten just like that.

None of them bought through shady exploitations of the legal system, nor through the pockets of a rich club owner Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 pm

He'll be back with Tuchel, Kane, De Gea and Hazard this summer imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:45 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Man, how can you be so naive? Have you never read financial papers. The club’s finances are publically available. And as to liga only in Spain, have you ever been to Latin America? As to shirt sales, club makes enough in shirt sales to pay entire salary load! Ronaldo getting a 50% share of his shirt sales is very rare and was negotiated when he joined club and that also was made public. I swear you must be a teenager!

The not signing is strictly a matter of Zidane not wanting to touch his starters!

Zidane is as good as gone.

Show me proof, you just writing a bunch of stuff doesn't make it true!

Since when were PLAYERS CONTRACTS open to the public? It just seems so stupid to do a deal where you sell 50% of your image rights to a club when you are the 2nd biggest player in the world, and arguably the most popular one. Mendes must have been smoking crack when he signed that deal.

I meant La Liga as whole doesn't bring enough viewers. Obviously Barcelona and Madrid fanbases are large enough! Less money for La Liga = Less money for clubs, basically. In EPL, even Newcastle got a fanbase ffs.

You realize I've been a member in GL since the start? So if I started in my teens, you realize I'm a adult by now right? Used to hang in the Goal.com forums too. Never was popular enough though, still ain't but hey, got a bunch of haters against me which counts for something :whistle: *cough* mole, hans, leversacci *cough*
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Look it up youself. The financial books are publically available. That is if you are capable of reading financial records!

If you have been in Latin America you would realize liga games are televised more than any other leaque. Again look into financial papers to see sources of revenues.

And it’s a contractual item in all Real Madrid contracts that club has 100% image rights. Ronaldo got that exception in his negotiations. If you can recall, one of the reasons club passed on Pogba was because he wanted to control his image rights!

You can deny this all you want, but if you’re not so lazy or unable to do true financial analysis, you can look up all of this publically available information.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Kinda funny that we always complain about managers being fired too quickly with owners being too trigger happy. Well I dont know all the other details, but at least Flo hasnt done that yet which is good. I think Zidane is probably a bit of a rookie, but a lot of ppl know that hes managed well overall apart from the recent results obviously, he just gets on with his work, no drama with the press or his players. Everyone has weaknesses and obviously his are showing up. But I think its fair to say he deserves to get to the end of this season, and then Flo can judge then what to do depending on how things went. I mean if they get very far in the CL, or even win it, and form picks up, who knows. Flip side if they continue to not perform, he can then let him go. Otherwise Real would have another manager change in a rush and to being unstable again.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Oh he will get to end of season, no doubt, but chances of picking up form and doing well in CL are slim and none!!

And he will likely resign. We can say all we want about him, but one thing is for sure. That is his class! He knows his accountability (just look at what happened to Carlo) and will save some face value by resigning.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:00 pm

It's quite simple really

We were not winning so he spent a lot to win again
We started winning again and broke some records
So he stopped spending because there was no need

That has allowed us to significantly decrease our debt which is almost non existent now.

Now that we reached the end of a cycle, he will spend again
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 pm

Qatar money, referee whistleblower.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:00 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Look it up youself. The financial books are publically available. That is if you are capable of reading financial records!

If you have been in Latin America you would realize liga games are televised more than any other leaque. Again look into financial papers to see sources of revenues.

And it’s a contractual item in all Real Madrid contracts that club has 100% image rights. Ronaldo got that exception in his negotiations. If you can recall, one of the reasons club passed on Pogba was because he wanted to control his image rights!

You can deny this all you want, but if you’re not so lazy or unable to do true financial analysis, you can look up all of this publically available information.

I'm not capable of reading a financial record tbh. Still don't make sense how CR image rights are in that report. Usually things like that are kept secret.

We're essentially robbing our players of their wealth. I don't know how we get to keep our players if we take 100% of their image rights. Consider this - when CR was at Man U, he was already a Balon d'Or winner and a UCL winner! He was considered the best player AND was at a big club. So how does one manage to fool a world class player of his calibre AND his agent Jorge Mendes (considered one of the best) so hard?

I remember reading an article that said that we got paid back in full for buying Ronaldo by his shirt sales... But aside from that, I think it's a myth. There is no way CR really let half of his image rights get owned by someone other than him. He would be better paid with it.

I'll believe it when I see a article claiming it, mostly because of outside of GL it's not as much of a "fact". I got mocked by a Barca fan for saying that we own CR's half image rights, and he told me "show me ONE source". Couldn't google it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Then that Barca that mocked you was wrong. I don't know if you speak spanish but the whole thing with CR was widely reported. Madrid owns 50% of his image rights regarding anything to do with Madrid imagery, like when he does something wearing the Madrid shirt, or merchandise, etc. His own share of his image rights are owned by Peter Lim as he sold it to him for publicity in Asia.

https://as.com/futbol/2015/06/29/primera/1435572644_993987.html

They are not the only club that does it too. Napoli has problems with transfer and contracts because they control all the image rights of their players. For Madrid its easier since players will want to play for them regardless.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

futbol wrote:Should have done everything to sign Mbappe, even selling Ronaldo and Benzema. As if Madrid couldn't afford that with € 100M from their own pockets plus whatever Benzema and Ronaldo bring in (easily more than € 50M in transfer fee plus getting rid of their wages).

Mbappe-Bale
Isco-Kroos-Casemiro-Modric

Don't know what more you would need tbh (except a competent coach).

Glad they didn't.

Yeah, I know you are enjoying this a lot. So is Hans.

Anyway, nothing has happened to Flo in the public eye but I'm sure he wondering why didn't he just listen to the fine folk at GL and sign the players we mentioned.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next