Doc
VanDeezNuts
Mr Nick09
29 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Next manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Next manager

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:44 pm

all big clubs have always been about player power; united fans used to brag that they were an exception until ferguson left and we saw it reveal itself. its why you can't sleep on what people on here categorize as a 'motivational coach'....but the situation now is not even about player power at all, at least not in my eyes.

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Vinicius is the next Neymar and Rodrygo is the next Pele... you just don't see it tito.

Oh and Asensio is just as good as Mbappe, Kovacic is a cheaper (and according to some better) version of Pogba, who needs a striker when we have world beaters like Bale and Benzema...

And people like myself said Isco is just as good as Hazard.

But we really have a problem at GK and RB...  Navas and Cavajal needed to be watched!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

for the record, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Kovacic did not play.

However, world champions and multiple CL winners like Varane let the team down today
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm

One game for Varane... he's been immense all season and the past season.

The scheme is letting us down tbh and the choice of players.  You start an attack of Mariano/Vasquez/Asensio when you're not scoring?  really??  The one kid i think has played great is on the bench... Ceballos.  All the other so-called wonderful kids we signed have been meh to poor.

But you want to blame Varane for the goals today?  Sure.  Explain the rest of the season.

Apparently Lopetegui is as mystified about transfers as we are:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/10/20/5bcb3dafe5fdea810d8b46cb.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:SHIT

Jardim is available :facepalm:

Forgot about that, that severely dampens my Schadenfreude
is that supposed to be a good thing?

Jardim would be a top appointment for any club no? I'd certainly take him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:34 pm

If the likes of Mariano, Asensio, Lucas are not good enough to beat Levante then we are living in an alternate universe.

Their normal level would normally be sufficient.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:45 pm

They're not quality... There's a reason Lyon was ready to offload Mariano with little profit. He's sooo limited. Asensio is one dimensional. Vasquez would have trouble starting for Levante.

All that is meaningless however... when your club is in crisis offensively and struggles to create chances... you don't count on Vasquez and Mariano. They have no creative ability whatsoever.

Levante has been playing extremely well to start the season so they should have been taken seriously regardless.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:51 pm

They are quality players. You are talking about guys who have contributed to the team success in recent years in a massive ways, and most importantly in Champions. And Mariano has proven his quality in ligue 1.

Saying they are not good now, when the team results are wavering, is pure hindsight, it's easy.

If we look at the situation of the team at large, saying that we do not have enough quality in the side to have won most of our last 5 games, is equally ridiculous. We are losing to average to bad teams and the reason is not because the club did not sign some hypothetical striker.

Defensively we have been absolutely terrible. I see players like Modric walking around the pitch on defensive transitions, Ramos making mistakes, varane, Marcelo, etc... the counterpress the coach worked on early in the season is gone, and that's not because we dont have a CF.

I was very harsh with Zidane when this was happening last season, when you have 10 players underperforming, then the coach is to blame. But after two years, if there is no improvements, you have to renew the team and let go of certain players. the situation is made worse by the fact that these guys have won a lot, and it seems like Lopetegui is screwing up his actual duties as coach: line ups, subs, tactics, etc...

it's bad.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Mariano was never going to be a good fit and I knew it.  He muscled almost all his goals in Ligue 1.  You're allowed to be physical in France while all those things are fouls in La Liga.   He would have been better off to go to EPL where they also allow that type of aggression he needs.

Lucas isn't proven come on.  Neither is Asensio for that matter.

The reason we're not winning is that we're not scoring.  End of.  We went 7 hours without scoring until this game...  our worse run since 1985.  When we were scoring, we were getting results.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Like i said, this is hindsight. When these same players were destroying PSG in paris last season, we were all gushing at how good and how deep a squad we have.

and you have to put back the church in the middle of the village, losing CR and transitioning from an era where you lost such a charismatic leader is hard. Whether people want to accept it or not, it doesnt matter. And it's not about the number of goals scored etc...

We are losing games to bottom table teams ffs, this is embarrassing. Perez is going to go the nuclear option and hire a coach like Conte. The players look like they have become too comfortable and are not being pushed.

If i look at how we started the season, the positives we showed at Getafe, and what we are doing now, i have to say that Lopetegui has completely lost it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Laudrup or Jardim imo

I'm out on Lope now. Starting Vazquez again is where is stop supporting anyone.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm

They were not lol. Asensio/Vasquez/Mariano were destroying nobody.

r u serious?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Lopetegui himself has frustrations with the club's summer activity, or lack thereof.

Requests were made by the coach and none were delivered, leaving him mystified as to how nobody could be brought in to replace the departed Cristiano Ronaldo, but Florentino Perez believed that Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale and, above all, Vinicius Junior were ready to step up and fill the void.

The poor planning appears to be higher up than just Lopetegui and those arrivals that came - Thibaut Courtois and Alvaro Odriozola - were not priorities for the coach.

Zinedine Zidane saw the problems during his last season in the Spanish capital.

As well as Cristiano Ronaldo, Mateo Kovacic, Danilo, Alvaro Morata, Pepe and James Rodriguez were allowed to leave in recent years and none of them were replaced.

All of this was obvious when the season started. I'm not against Zidane coming back to wave his magic wand, although I absolutely don't understand how one can realistically believe there's even a fraction of likelihood that it will happen. Captain hindsight saw this coming from a mile away. If he can instill morale into a team with players past their prime, who have won world cups, as well as set records in consecutive Champions League wins, then I'll jump on the hardcore Zidane bandwagon.

The discussions regarding the outcome of this season seemed so level-headed after Zidane had just resigned, with the possibility of going through the season trophyless being pointed out as a possible scenario. And that was when we all seemed to be under the impression that we'd get a high-profile replacement for CR7, as opposed to hilariously shoehorning Asensio on the left wing. There was even hope that Benzema and Bale were going the other way. But here we are Smile

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Laudrup is the best of both worlds

Commands respect like Zidane because what he's achieved as a player.
Plays incredible football with limited talented wherever he's been.
Doesn't sit by and accepts a subpar roster, which is the reason he was fired by a couple teams.

He's always delivered results-wise.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Asensio, Lucas and Mariano should be quality enough to actually trouble Levante though particularly the 1st and last names there. In any case, Lope is done, doubt Perez is gonna wait till the Clasico to hire Conte or Jardim. Poor fella, getting fired twice in one year, that must be a serious shit feeling.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:15 pm

wait, when exactly did lopetegui show frustration? i mean i recall him saying he was happy with the squad. at least that was the impression given. the way flo spent when he started his second term, he'll just have to go that route. and as far as a new coach, any smart manager will make sure they have an amazing severance package before they sign with us (which may not be a bad thing)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Respectfully, that Marca article is horse ass.

1) CR left, and instead of overspending on the wrong players, the club believed that Bale, who had been ostracized by Zidane, would return to a key role in the side. Not to mention the club wanted to give a bigger role to Aensio

2) Kovacic left but he left behind Ceballos who has heavily featured for lopetegui, along side Llorente who has barely played this season.

3) Danilo was a mediocre player who was replaced by Odriozola who was unanimously acclaimed in la liga as one of the best right backs.

4) Morata has been replaced by Mariano

5) Pepe has been replaced by Nacho on paper who played some big games on our way to another CL.

6) James left behind the likes of Asensio and Isco.

Also, if Lopetegui was unhappy with something he should have complained a lot more.

This is why i think Perez will now go the nuclear option and go for a guy like Conte who will step in your face and tell you that you suck, and will openly say what he wants because he knows his job depends on it. Bing shy is not a quality for this job.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:53 pm

I now notice the Laudrup mention, no. No Freeza. No. No man. No.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Doc wrote:I now notice the Laudrup mention, no. No Freeza. No. No man. No.

I disrespectfully disagree
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Jardim?

Laudrup?

These guys have records of being terrible coaches. Why sack one garbage coach to hire another. There is really a dearth of good coaches out there.

Bring back Zizou!

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Cyborg wrote:Jardim?

Laudrup?

These guys have records of being terrible coaches. Why sack one garbage coach to hire another. There is really a dearth of good coaches out there.

Bring back Zizou!

How does any of those two have records of being terrible? Laughing

Laudrup almost knocking Bayern out of Europe, and winning a trophy with Swansea?

Jardim beating PSG in 2017 and getting to the CL semis?

Yeah terrible coaches
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Laudrup:

Mallorca
Swansea City
Lekhwiya
Al Rayyan
Real Madrid

Please make it happen :bow:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Laudrup almost beating Bayern with Getafe was like back in 2008 or something. Come on, that is an hilariously bad option if Lope is to be fired. Jardim is actually pretty good despite Cyborg's comment.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Freeza wrote:

Laudrup?

Bring back Zizou!

Laudrup almost knocking Bayern out of Europe, and winning a trophy with Swansea?

Yeah terrible coaches

Laudrup was sacked by all those medicore mid-table clubs for poor performances.

Jardim was just sacked. Monaco are battling relegation.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Doc wrote:Laudrup almost beating Bayern with Getafe was like back in 2008 or something. Come on, that is an hilariously bad option if Lope is to be fired. Jardim is actually pretty good despite Cyborg's comment.

Football-wise is have never seen him deliver anything subpar. No matter what year. He's too good to do that.

Only critique I'll accept is that he's too alpha to be a pushover. He'll engage in a power struggle with Perez right way if he doesn't get his way with transfers. But that's what we need right now.

I can't see how Conte is a better option. I don't want us to go back to that.

Tired of these Italian style coached. Mou was too much.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Cyborg wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Laudrup?

Bring back Zizou!

Yeah terrible coaches

Laudrup was sacked by all those medicore mid-table clubs for poor performances.

Jardim was just sacked. Monaco are battling relegation.

He wasn't fired for Mallorca or Getafe. He resigned both places.
And then Swansea sacked him after his first bad run, despite them being pretty competetive early on. After he delivered their best season ever.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next