Thimmy
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
24 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sack Zidane thread Empty Sack Zidane thread

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Do we start this thread now or wait until PSG eliminates us in CL?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sack Zidane thread Empty Re: Sack Zidane thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Open him now, because you can then close him again after you eliminate PSG
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:55 pm

The title says Zidane, not zipper, Hans hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:25 pm

I’ll still stand by what I’ve been saying, Zidane can have a freebie this season. We can even be knocked out by QSG in the next round and I’ll still appreciate what he has done. But the deciding factor for me is what he does in this coming transfer window (doubtful), and mainly summer. If Zidane sticks to what he has been saying in the press, then he deserves to be sacked.

There are clear and evident problems with our attack, but if he thinks he can play Benzema et al. into good form he is dead wrong. And not being able to recognize that our team needs fresh blood is a death sentence for me as a coach. Loyalty to players is one thing, but if the players show that they don’t deserve that loyalty, then they need to go.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:39 pm

flo will get an striker in january, we will see from there.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Zidane is the coach u can't force him to play someone, and there is no miracle signing in January, not icardi, not Kane not whoever.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:42 am

I disagree, any striker who can actually play like a striker would be a miracle now. Benzema is such a cancerous player. Bill and the Bernabeu were really kind to him all match.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:04 am

As for Zidane, it's kinda obvious he is gonna get fired. Not now obviously but the season is shaping up like one of those trophy less seasons. Not the end of the world but a club like Madrid needs to be competitive and 14 points behind in La Liga and 4th before Christmas is a fire-able offense.

You'll think he should have some leeway for his legendary last season but Madrid does live in the now (somewhat) our "now" is so bland. We play a 4-4-2 with no wingers, he plays the excellent and skillful Kova as a sled dog chasing Messi, doesn't play Isco in the biggest game of the year, the double full back wing play, refuses to play any of the young Spaniards in any capacity and fking Benzema. I mean, what does Marcelo have to not do to get benched?

Sure, we really should have done more in transfer window w.r.t forwards but the squad is not a "14 points behind before Christmas" squad. Whatever Zidane is doing, it isn't working anymore and motivational talks aren't gonna cut it. His tenure is about to be unraveled in the usual Madrid way if he doesn't sort this out.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:25 am

I know bashing Benzema is deserved...

But Ronaldo deserves a lot more ish too.  4 La Liga goals in the first half of the season is atrocious for any striker... let alone CR.  Not much better than the 2 from Benzema.

And to me, that's really the major reason.  You can't plan for CR's performance to really drop off a cliff like this.  Even last year... when he started out also very poor...  he had 10 La Liga goals at this point,  You kind of had to expect Benz and Bale to be crap... but not CR.

CL has saved CR's season so far. But even counting the supercups to go along with CL and La Liga... he's on pace for around 30 goals this season. He's scored 4 goals against APOEL... which really should be discounted too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:30 am

I'm still disgusted by the swing and miss. And missing the 1st 5 La Liga games. Also, I agree, he has been a major let down for us. No excuses at all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:11 am

Ben Arfa is available.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:11 am

This is one of the reasons why i hate managers who only work with motivations, guys like Zidane and Mourinho, it's not healthy for the club. It's a short term fix but these guys leave you nothing when they are gone. If they happen to win trophies, they will justify everything they did with the trophies. If not, it ends badly.

At some point, it needs to come back to playing better football. Barca has been doing that for over 10 years now and even with weaker squads, they still play better football than us. it's methodical and almost scientific, yes lionel messi inspired, but i think we can see the effect that football has had in germany and in england now.

You can also see how Spain dominated world football just playing better football than everybody else. It's not perfect, but it's sure is long lasting, leverages your talented players to the max, and when applied correctly, wipes out smaller teams in la liga.

Bring me Lopetegui next summer, we need to change the football culture in this club.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:32 am

Dear god :facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:46 am

before you once again flip flop with your opinions like you did with Benzema, i will remind you that when Mourinho was in his worst years, you were on this board arguing about us needing a "talent coach".

i even remember you lapping up Wenger as a example because i guess he was still french and fashionable then,  as an example of a manager that gets the most out of his players, specially the high IQ, high talented ones, contrary to mou who has rigid scheme and just counter.

The logic being that we had a uber talented squad under mou, which was only showing 60% of their talent, and a "talent coach" would get more out of the team.

Those are the same ideas i continue to have, we have still not moved in that direction since Mou left. Juego de Posicion is the way forward.

I would honest to god even take Blanc just because of his assistant coach at this point lol.

so sports, please stop flip flopping, even if it means criticizing Zidane. you turned on Benzema, so i know you can do it with Zidane too. these are ideas we all expressed here together with with Doc, Babun, Zealous, Deez etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:55 am

I flipped on Benzema 2 years ago dude...  and for cause (blackmailing teammate lol).  It's not a weekly occurrence like some I won't mention.

As I mentioned in the general section, thank god for SAF that he wasn't the manager at Madrid.  His 3rd season after back to back EPL titles was more awful than ours so far...  Man U finished 2nd with 10 draws and 6 losses + went out in CL group stage.  But given what he had accomplished in his first 2 years, they stuck with him.  They also let him overhaul the roster and get rid of the aging stars.

Let's hope Madrid and Flo don't panic and realize that we also have an aging and overhyped section of core players that need an overhaul...  not a manager change.

Because you see... if we had players in their prime years and without injury... and played this poorly.  Then, yes, you can blame the manager.  But when you core is aging (CR, Modric, Benzema, and Ramos are all over 30 years old) and have several chronically injured players (Varane, Carvajal and Bale)....  then there's a roster problem.  Not saying ZZ is faultless...   just saying that Madrid's problems are more squad related than managerial.

Age was always going to catch up... we've been pushing the envelope due to success with making changes. But time always wins out in the end.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:02 am

you are basically saying that Zidane can only win with players in their prime and no injuries? glad we agree, he deserves to be sacked then, since he provides no added value.

he can record some motivational speeches and we will play them in the locker room when he is gone
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:05 am

Lopetegui is an actual good manager. I'm not saying I want him but he really is a good manager.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:13 am

I'm saying that you the level of players have a very very VERY high chance of suddenly dropping significantly at any age 30 and more... which is what happened.  We have an attack that has 1 perma injured player and 2 guys over 30.  CR and Benz have 6 league goals despite shooting 99 times in La Liga... think about that:  Our 2 strikers are 6 for 99 in terms of efficiency or 6%!!!!

Is that on the manager that our supposed world class scorers are playing worse than Matri at his worst?

Modric has slowed and we can all see that.

Biggest thing is that lack the depth on the attack to really make any adjustments.  

And yes...  top teams should have most of its core in their prime with a couple of younger players and a couple of veterans... and with reasonable expectation of health.  You're asking for trouble when 4 of the 11 including your 2 strikers are 30+ and you have 3 others that you can reasonably expect to miss a lot of games.

There's a reason SAF walked away when he did.  Van Persie, Carrick, Giggs, Vidic, Rooney and Evra were in their 30s.  He knew that it wasn't going to get any better with these guys and likely worse.  He left on a high.  He had no intention to start a new cycle.

WE ARE AT THE END OF A CYCLE.  It's really that simple.  Nothing to do with Zidane.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:19 am

that's not true it's not the end of a cycle, the team is fairly young enough

Keylor: still the same he was in the past 2-3, injury being a factor
marcelo: same as last year
ramos: declining, ok
varane: he was phenomenal today
carvajal: in his prime
casemiro: prime
kroos: prime
modric: declining, but he was great today, masterclass vs gremio
isco: prime
CR: declining
Benzema: finished

sorry but this is not the end of a cycle, unless by cycle you mean CR.

conveniently now, you are switching the argument to "end of a cycle" to protect Zidane.

Did you not say signing Fekir is a guaranteed title win? i mean someone saying we just need a CF to get better is surely not suggesting the rest of the team is done right?

keep pushing that cursor Sports Laughing

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:28 am

BBC - useless

Modric declining - anchor and only creator out of your midfield

Varane injured a ton, Carvajal as well, Ramos declining, Marcelo is 29 (that's 35 years old for Brazilian footballers it seems) and very poor at times.  

Navas missed half our La Liga games so far.

We aren't 14 points behind because of this loss to Barca.  It's because our regular lineup cannot be counted upon.

We lost to Barca because our strikers are incapable of scoring and we didn't take our chances in the first half...  just like we torched Barca in the supercup because they couldn't finish and we could.  That's what these games come down to:  ruthlessness of your strikes because both teams will get chances.   Red card of course killed any chance we had too.

And yes, this is the end of a cycle.  Ramos, Modric, Marcelo and the BBC are the engines of the team.  They are the stars.  They set our personality.  Navas, Carvajal, Varane, Casemiro and Kroos are very solid... but not game winners.  Isco is the only one that is a game winner, in his prime and mostly reliable.  He's all we have this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:09 am

By game winners, you mean "guys who score goals to win matches" or men you can depend on to win a match because the latter has happened...a lot.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:43 am

Guys that make big plays in the big moments that turn a match...  Ramos did that in the air.  Ronaldo goes without saying.  Marcelo could create magic out of nothing.  Bale could go on one of his mad runs.  Etc.

You know what I mean.  It's that ability to turn a match on individual effort.  It can also mean that ruthlessness in front of goal.

We have no creativity, ruthlessness or individual magic in the final 1/3 lol.  Other than Isco... and he can't do it alone.  

Against the elite, it comes down to that little extra quality.  Same in those games where you're just not at your best.

The way we are right now...  we need most things to go right to win since we don't have individual magic.  You can play like that btw.  But it takes complete selflessness and sacrifice for the team.  We have too many guys who think they're special that no longer are... so we can't execute that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:36 am

how many points were madrid behind under benitez at this stage 2 years ago?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:31 am

Bankz wrote:how many points were madrid behind under benitez at this stage 2 years ago?

Benitez left the Bernabeu with the club third in La Liga, four points behind leaders Atlético Madrid and half that amount behind Barcelona.

Now, we're fourth in the league, 14 points behind leaders Barcelona and Z is still in charge.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:21 am

Can we all just agree on that this team needs a rejuvenation?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next