Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 13 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Unique Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Joe Biden is OFFICIALLY unelectable.

If I trash Yang for Pandering to Nazis, I cant support Biden for referring lovingly to segregationists.
what has he said bad about the Chinese

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 13 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Joe Biden is OFFICIALLY unelectable.

If I trash Yang for Pandering to Nazis, I cant support Biden for referring lovingly to segregationists.

Good. Finally you understand Biden is the past, not the future.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:26 am

Beto is done.

Speaking Spanish not answering questions. You're from Texico man nobody is impressed by that.

He looks like a boy among men(and women) out here

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:39 am

Trump tweeting "Boring" while they debate the death of a child.

Don't know if anything can surprise me anymore
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:44 am

Beto is done lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:25 pm

Those debates are so pointless. People make up their mind on their own, a thousand debates won't change who they vote for,

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 pm

Freeza wrote:Trump tweeting "Boring" while they debate the death of a child.

Freeza wrote:Trump tweeting "Boring" while they debate the death of a child.

very sad to see but im sure they have found a way to blame trump for that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:37 pm

I started watching this last night, then reminded myself that it's fucking June of the prior year and turned it off.

The American electoral calendar is way too long
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 am

And that's also why no one is "unelectable" right now

Except for Swalwell. And Gilibrand. And all those people.

Oh, but not Williamson. Marianne Williamson 2020
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:44 pm

I agree with Trump for once Laughing Biden is fucking weak. Never seen anything like it.

Kamala and Bernie absolutely killed him last night. He's horrible on stage.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:29 am

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-first-democratic-debate-in-five-charts/

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:40 am

His performance was pretty bad

You can tell he hadn't prepped whatsoever Laughing

Kamala was great, I thought main man Pete Buttigieg was probably the second best, but Kamala was the best by a decent margin. It would be a great service to the country if the many black voters who will probably vote for Biden switched over to Kamala
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 am

Lol, again, as if debates make a difference. Majority of people are too stupid to even understand whats really going on. You lot chose Trump for you president and all he did in the debates was: "How are you going to solve this issue?"; Trump: "Oh, you'll see, you'll see."

As the great philosopher Socrates once compared society to a vessel; he said, who would you rather have in charge of the vessel? Just anyone or a man educated in seafearing? Why do we keep thinking any person can be fit to judge who should be the ruler of a country?

Voting is a skill, and letting people vote without a thorough education on the matter is like letting a man who doesnt know a thing about seafearing command a vessel.

Majority of people dont know how to run a country so why do they decide who should be running one?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:02 pm

Uncle Fester screwed the pooch.... but the dems better hope he gets it together.  He's the only viable option to beat Trump.   I'm not saying he's the best candidate... but the other people don't stand a chance in a lot of swing states for a lot of reasons I won't get into.  The midwest, texas and florida will decide the election.  Biden's the only one that can compete in a lot of those.

As it stands, Trump's odds of getting second terms have never looked better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:Uncle Fester screwed the pooch.... but the dems better hope he gets it together.  He's the only viable option to beat Trump.   I'm not saying he's the best candidate... but the other people don't stand a chance in a lot of swing states for a lot of reasons I won't get into.  The midwest, texas and florida will decide the election.  Biden's the only one that can compete in a lot of those.

You're wild off.

Not surprising coming from a Trump supporter though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:Uncle Fester screwed the pooch.... but the dems better hope he gets it together.  He's the only viable option to beat Trump.   I'm not saying he's the best candidate... but the other people don't stand a chance in a lot of swing states for a lot of reasons I won't get into.  The midwest, texas and florida will decide the election.  Biden's the only one that can compete in a lot of those.

Trump's own polls show him losing the rust belt to most dem candidates. No reason why Kamala, Warren or Bernie would not be electable there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Warren and Sanders with strong performances on Night #1 here in Detroit. Buttigieg had a good moment as well and Marianne Williamson also had a good night too, especially talking reparations and the differences between rich neighborhoods around here and poor ones.

All eyes will be on Biden and Harris tonight. Biden needs a strong performance or his lead will probably begin to fade.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:51 pm

My takeaways from Night #2

- CNN are trash for how the formatted this debate. It felt far too much like a reality TV show or a sporting event. Awful.

- The other 9 candidates ganged up on Biden repeatedly and forced him to defend his (and by extension Obama's) record during their administration. Very bizarre to watch. Biden responded ok at times, but he still looks way off the mark for me. Still not good enough from him.

- Harris was a mixed bag. I understand her health care plan and like it, but she often led the others in attacking Obamacare. That's just not sensible. Tulsi Gabbard also clobbered her on her record as a prosecutor. Harris is still super vulnerable to attacks there and it showed.

- Castro was strong and really did well on virtually all of the topics. Immigration is his strongest topic and it showed. As a member of the Obama cabinet, he threaded the needle well of attacking Biden without attacking Obama, something the others failed at attempting. I think we'll see him at Debate #3.

- Booker brought the zingers and 1-liners, but spent most of the debate talking about other people's plans and policies and not his own. He even ended up having to play defense on his record as mayor of Newark. I think he's as plastic as they come, but he did get a chuckle or 2 out of me when he took on Biden and exposed his age time and again.

- Gillebrand had some highlights, but if she was trying to appeal to black voters with her attempt to explain white privilege to white suburban women.....that didn't help her. She also crashed and burned when she attacked Biden on single parenthood given he lost half his family in an accident earlier in his career. This felt like the death knell to her candidacy.

- De Blasio spent the entire debate doing the moderator's job: questioning Biden. He also got taken to task for not firing the cop who killed Eric Garner. His attempt to shift blame to the Justice Dept. was ridiculous. Absolutely irrelevant.

- Inslee clearly led the stage with his environmental stance, but beyond that, he did little to attract new voters to his cause. I really really think he needs to be the new EPA Administrator in the admin of which ever Dem beats Trump. He's clearly the best of the 20 when it comes to that issue along with Yang.

- Gabbard was strong in her attacks on Harris and her foreign policy stances, taken from her background as a veteran, were sensible, but beyond that, she didn't really stand out. I doubt she moved the needle much.

- This was my first time watching Yang and while he didn't get a lot of time to talk, he likely knew this was going to be the case because he used what time he was given very effectively. He didn't ramble on, preach or proselytize like some of the others. His stances are very succinct and concise. That's going to appeal to quite a few people. I want to see him at the next debate. I see why he's garnered such a following. The highlight of the night for me was him breaking the 4th wall and really going after CNN for how this debate was formatted. That's going to resonate strongly with a lot of people. I expect him to meet both the donor and polling prerequisites needed for the next debate.

- Bennett was the Delaney of this night, trying to be the moderate alternative to Biden, Harris and Booker. I don't think it worked, but he likely attracted the attention of some disaffected Trump or GOP voters with his right-wing talking points.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Beto finally showing why he became popular. He's dropped the boring PR bullshit they forced on him and he's finally speaking his mind.

I love how he's finally calling the media out on their lack of criticism. Journalism is supposed to be the fourth estate, and the media in the US has complete forgot about that. They're basically just an extension of political agendas, because they refuse to offer any critical point of view.

Just look at this fucking headline... (they changed it for the second print after huge amount of criticism online)

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 13 EBP7_IOXoAcfM8d?format=jpg&name=medium
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:40 pm

And it's not too late for him as well. I think people forget that Beto, by virtue of being a Texas democrat, is rather centrist. He's nowhere near as left wing as Bernie or Warren and I think people were expecting that left-wing progressivism coupled with an Obama-esque ability to speak with soaring rhetoric. If he drops the DNC-heavy, PR-friendly gimmick, he can resuscitate his flagging campaign. Maybe this is the start of that. The NYT have surely given him an opening with that awful article.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Just seen this clip. #mycandidate

Would vote for him if i were an american citizen.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:58 am

Biden just had the Freudian slip of a life time lol.

“Poor kids are just as smart as white kids”

I’m done rofl

https://twitter.com/comfortablysmug/status/1159642922058489856?s=21
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:02 am

There should be an age limit

Biden is 75, imo people over 60 shouldnt be allowed to run

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 am

Freeza wrote:Biden just had the Freudian slip of a life time lol.

“Poor kids are just as smart as white kids”

I’m done rofl

https://twitter.com/comfortablysmug/status/1159642922058489856?s=21

lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:08 pm

And that's why I don't believe the polls.

Far too many people want us to just settle for Biden despite these idiotic gaffes. He's a better candidate, person and politician than Trump, but that's not really saying much.

I'll take him over Trump in a heartbeat, but I'd just as sooner take any of the other viable Dem candidates just as quickly.

He's not the answer. He wasn't 30 years ago, he wasn't 20 years ago and he isn't now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:09 pm

I always wonder where these polls come from.... They go around asking people who they'll vote for? If somebody came up to me and asked who I'm voting for I'd say "none of your fucking business"

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next