Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 29 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Talks of recount in the Florida race right now, as it seems fishy Gillum got a smaller percentage of the black vote in Florida than Hillary did
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Senile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Senile

Or just plain evil
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Sessions resigns at Trump's request.

This reeks of trump hate watching the election results and then taking it out on sessions the next day so he can get a release outside of eating two or three McDonald's fish fillets
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 pm

It's not a coincidence that Sessions has been "told to resign" simultaneously with the mid-terms. Trump is probably hoping that any Republicans who might be miffed about this cannot afford to raise a storm straight after losing the House.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:33 am

This is probably not gonna matter anyways. But holy shit this a terrible crime.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 am

Jim Acosta just had his WH credientials stripped for doing his job.

Now, that's a 1st amendmend violation if people wants to talk about freedom of speech. As direct a violation of the most important right in western civilization.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:58 am

Freeza wrote:Jim Acosta just had his WH credientials stripped for doing his job.

Now, that's a 1st amendmend violation if people wants to talk about freedom of speech. As direct a violation of the most important right in western civilization.
dude forget about freedom of speech in the western civilization it dont exist now. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 am

this is what free speech looks like in britain.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 am

a Daily Mail Journalist is saying he is far right because he expressed views against islam and extreamism. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 am

Freeza wrote:Jim Acosta just had his WH credientials stripped for doing his job.

F**k Jim Acosta honestly, the fact so much attention is given to him by the MSM is preciously the problem.

It is the aftermath of the election GOP lost the house and Trump fired his AG and appointed a man who has already wrote an op-ed on how to stall and destroy Muller
investigation.

Yet Trump again has baited the media and preciously show the media obsession with themselves. Trump is fine making his battle with the media the news. He is going to win.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 am

If the media was obsessed with themselves they’d have more actual journalistic integrity and boycott their free soft ball conferences with Trump.

Trump has installed fear in journalists (I assume, they might always have been this spineless). They’re so afraid to say and ask the president anything critical.

The US has such a horrible way of making presidents seem like gods. They’re supposed to work for the people. The people don’t work for them. People and the press should always be critical of every single thing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 am

Blue wrote:

F**k Jim Acosta honestly, the fact so much attention is given to him by the MSM is preciously the problem.

It is the aftermath of the election GOP lost the house and Trump fired his AG and appointed a man who has already wrote an op-ed on how to stall and destroy Muller
investigation.

Yet Trump again has baited the media and preciously show the media obsession with themselves. Trump is fine making his battle with the media the news. He is going to win.

Good to see a US conservative here. I disagree with you ideologically, but it's good to have your perspective.

On that note, if this was Tucker Carlson going after Obama, would you still think this a problem? No matter how bad Fox News went after him (remember the ruckus about his choice of Dijon mustard or wearing a beige suit to a press conference), he never revoked anyone's press credentials. The closest her got was booting the New York Post, Washington Times and Dallas Morning News from his campaign airplane while still a candidate. He wasn't even President when he did that.

Donald Trump doesn't like being challenged by the media. Remember what that Fox and Friends anchor said a few weeks ago? He's angry at the meeting for not reporting the news the way he wants them to report it: In a way that favors him. So instead, we're left with a big baby who can't take being asked hard questions. I've never seen someone who purports to act so tough display such thin skin.

As for the Mueller investigation, firing Sessions is alarming, but not surprising. He's been flirting with that notion for nearly a year. Firing Rosenstein would go beyond the pale however. I really hope the Democrats do not use this new found control of the House to solely go after Trump. They must govern. They must pass bills to the Senate. They need to stick with the issues they campaigned and won on. Going after Trump must be only part of the equation. They need to pick their battles very carefully as Trump, despite being an utter moron in most aspect, has become very adept at manipulating and gaslighting. I don't like Pelosi as Speaker and I hope someone challenges her seriously, but the reality is that she is probably who the Dems need right now as the leader in the House.

The only way Trump wins at this point ( or in 2020) is if the Dems go all in on trying to impeach him, something that won't happen with the GOP in control of the Senate, and then predictably fail. I truly would not put it past him to fire Rosenstein to provoke the Dems into trying to impeach him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:25 am

Freeza wrote:

The US has such a horrible way of making presidents seem like gods. They’re supposed to work for the people. The people don’t work for them. People and the press should always be critical of every single thing.

Given that the President has the (theoretical) ability to wipe out all life on this planet with a push of a button, that definitely is a reason for the deference and veneration that they receive. It's not unlike the same status Roman Emperors and their European successors in England, Spain and France enjoyed during their day, though is much higher in scale.  Historically, to be this powerful is something that usually has sobered a lot of our Presidents. It's always been one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" type notions when it comes to the Oval Office. It took a considerable toll on Washington during his inaugural 2 terms, Lincoln during the Civil War, FDR during World War II, Kennedy at the beginning of the Vietnam War and Cold War with Russia. It drove Bush Jr, a war criminal, to take up painting. Trump is a different beast entirely because he revels in the power he has and that makes him far more likely to abuse it. This is not hyperbole. I believe him to be the most dangerous world leader in decades. The Dems winning the House re-asserts the check on Executive power that the GOP were too cowardly to perform.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 am

Not sure why you think @Blue is a 'conservative', @McLewis ?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm

If Dems try and impeach or go after Trump constantly with their new power in the House they start to give Trump a path to winning.

It will also mean they would have learned nothing from the Kavanaugh debacle. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's bad what the Dems did there. They drew a strong line in the sand and they took an ideological position on him that I agree with and respect.

But let's not pretend it didn't hurt them in the midterms and it didn't hurt them in the Senate especially.

The more reason they give Trump a way to spin Democrats as power-abusing, unfair, corrupt politicians who aren't interested in governing but only stopping him from doing his job (ironically, a description of the current Republican party), the more he can turn out his base or R-leaning independents in the Midwest and elsewhere. The midterms showed that his base is still strong in the southeast.

If Dems try to check Trump responsibly, not sloppily, and get a good candidate and VP candidate in 2020, these midterms have shown that the electoral college is up for grab. Overall, Dems did pretty well in the Midwest in state level races. And without the Midwest, Trump is nothing in the electoral college.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Yeah i am not conservative, i hate political labels honestly, i definitely do not share the current republican party platform.

I certainly do not criticize the MSM for their criticism and challenge of the white house, my critique of the media is the obsession and making themselves the news. On CNN website there is 5 articles about the altercation. The media delivers an incredible amount of time about their fight with the white house, while spending little to no time on real issues that are concerns of the American people.

The white house intolerance toward the media can be discussed they just need to spend a lot less time on it and cover it in a way that the American people can care about.

The left and the right have a common enemy and that is the political establishments. And the media has for long protected that establishment with their coverage. Their airtime is filled with GOP and Dems figureheads who are there to defend and protect their party positions. No actual challenge is ever presented toward those parties, only the position is brought back and forth.

This is exactly why Trump and other right wingers are getting popular. And on the left they are running toward progressive candidates.

The media has lost the American people trust, and they are as unpopular as Trump. Like i said the coverage of their fight help Trump, not only it distracts the people from real issues but they confirm Trump position about the media.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Remember when someone said the caravan stuff wasn't election fodder to get racists to vote?

Any comments from republicans on it since the election?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:58 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Not sure why you think @Blue is a 'conservative', @McLewis ?

Blue wrote:Yeah i am not conservative, i hate political labels honestly, i definitely do not share the current republican party platform.

I certainly do not criticize the MSM for their criticism and challenge of the white house, my critique of the media is the obsession and making themselves the news. On CNN website there is 5 articles about the altercation. The media delivers an incredible amount of time about their fight with the white house, while spending little to no time on real issues that are concerns of the American people.

The white house intolerance toward the media can be discussed they just need to spend a lot less time on it and cover it in a way that the American people can care about.

The left and the right have a common enemy and that is the political establishments. And the media has for long protected that establishment with their coverage. Their airtime is filled with GOP and Dems figureheads who are there to defend and protect their party positions. No actual challenge is ever presented toward those parties, only the position is brought back and forth.

This is exactly why Trump and other right wingers are getting popular. And on the left they are running toward progressive candidates.

The media has lost the American people trust, and they are as unpopular as Trump. Like i said the coverage of their fight help Trump, not only it distracts the people from real issues but they confirm Trump position about the media.

Thanks Guys.

Thanks for the rundown, Blue. I think I may have mixed you up with another American Chelsea supporter that posts on here every so often....I think his name is @Shed. Pretty sure he's conservative, or at least appears to be based on his posts in this section. Apologies for the mixup.

I, for one, am decidedly liberal when I used to be only moderately liberal just a few years ago. Despite that, I still think it's important to read the same story from multiple news sources instead of just one. It helps keep me objective and out of echo chambers, which are incredibly harmful to civil discourse in this country.

As for CNN's coverage of Acosta, I would argue that when a sitting POTUS attempts to openly and directly silence a member of the free press simply because he doesn't like the questions he's being asked, that is going to rile up media outlets. When it's done on the backdrop of the POTUS repeatedly calling the press the "enemy of the people", the reaction we're seeing is not at all a surprise. What other president has gone to such lengths to silence reporters for simply asking tough questions? Nixon comes to mind immediately and we all know what happened to him. Trump has been repeatedly compared to Nixon and this is a central reason why. Was Acosta aggressive with wanting his question answered? Yes, he was. Did he deserve to have his credentials revoked because of it? I don't believe so. That he happens to be an employee of CNN isn't really important to me. He could've been an employee of Reuters or BBC and this still would've been out of line.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Meanwhile...

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Not the rain though, it's what the wind will do to his hair
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Trudeau is absolutely laughable though

what an idiot

what a country would elect such a guy as president?

what's wrong with those goddamn Canadians, I thought they were the one people from whom we can expect slightly better

what is this?

Looks like some  bro comedy when some dumbass high school kid wakes up as president
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next