Myesyats
40 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 20 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 am

Thimmy wrote:
McLewis wrote:
The Trump administration is announcing tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from the European Union, Canada and Mexico. The move is sure to raise worries of a trade war with American allies.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says there will be a 25 percent tariff on imported steel and a 10 percent tariff on imported aluminum.

President Donald Trump announced the tariffs in March but the U.S. granted exemptions to the E.U., Canada, Mexico and other U.S. allies.

Ross says talks with Canada and Mexico over the North American Free Trade Agreement are “taking longer than we had hoped.” He says negotiations with Europe have “made some progress” but not enough to merit an exemption.

Full Article

*sigh*  .....trying hard to figure out how this helps us and how China doesn't come out the winner here.

Trudeau's take is pretty savage though, in the most Canadian way:

"We will continue to make arguments based on logic and common sense and hope that eventually they will prevail against an administration that doesn't always align itself around those principles," said Trudeau.

Trudeau is in no position to talk about logic and common sense. You can get fined in Canada for refusing to refer to a transexual by his/her preferred pronoun ffs.

Interesting. Canada don't have a 1st amendment so the concept of fining someone for refusing to say a word or saying the wrong word is...odd.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:25 am

What's the source on Canada not having freedom of speech, religion and press?

As far as I can read it's the same as it is in most western civilization.

Edit: As far as the pronoun thing I'd guess it's because of hate speech laws, which we also have here in Denmark. I don't really see the problem with it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 am

RealGunner wrote:

Previously on The Office

The whole summit had little moments like that, but overall I actually don't think Trump did all that badly. I think he and the right-wing are straight up lying about getting NK to agree to complete denuclearization though. He got KJU to agree to pursue denuclearization, something they've repeatedly agreed to in the past, without actually doing so.

He got played, as expected.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 am

It's funny how much he praised Kim Jon un after the summit. It's a complete 180 to how his reaction to the G7 leaders was. It's almost like he is looking to strengthen relationship with dictators and theocrats while pissing off the allies.

Strange times.

And yea, he got played. Kim goes back a hero for stopping South Korea's military activities on the border, easing of the sanctions and still carrying on weapon development while Trump got nothing.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 am

Seeing our flag next to the NK flag was frankly surreal. KJU is not an ally yet he's being treated like one. The man is a dictator and he has killed tens of thousands of his own people. He hasn't earned the respect that Trump has shown him.

It's really telling that Trump gets along with guys like this and Duterte, but sees Merkel, Trudeau and Macron as the bad guys. I'm sure he thinks Nicolas Maduro is "talented" as well.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 am

Donald Trump watch - Page 20 5f396d10
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 am

Kinda looks like the NBA draft
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 am

RealGunner wrote:Kinda looks like the NBA draft

It is the 2003 NBA draft. They fit right in with the suits Laughing

Look at LeBron on the far left.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 am

Does not alter the pants of his suit after buying it? Get it tailormade fs, Who made him president

now that i see, everyones pants are *bleep*, fire the tailor
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 am

RealGunner wrote:It's funny how much he praised Kim Jon un after the summit. It's a complete 180 to how his reaction to the G7 leaders was. It's almost like he is looking to strengthen relationship with dictators and theocrats while pissing off the allies.

Strange times.

And yea, he got played. Kim goes back a hero for stopping South Korea's military activities on the border, easing of the sanctions and still carrying on weapon development while Trump got nothing.
completely agreed. It's weird waking up this morning to find everyone praising Trump for this historic achievement. Also nearly everyone is reporting that NK is committing to complete denuke while he only promised to "work towards" that. Very weird.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 am

So I'm going to slide to the middle for a bit as there is something that despite my misgivings about how Trump has handled the G7 and KJU, that bothers me.

When he was ready to start a war with KJU with the provocation and name-calling, he was rightly condemned for it. Now it appears he's trying tor the exact opposite and is still condemned for it. What could he potentially do in this situation that would earn him praise from both sides?

My personal take on this is he's on the right path in trying to get KJU to commit to rapid denuclearization, but he needs to stop treating this guy like he's some brilliant world leader prodigy. All brutal dictators are "talented" in a way and that's not a compliment. There's a way to bring to light the atrocities going on NK without directly having a go at KJU. I wish Trump were nuanced enough to know how to do that, but he's not. Dude's a goddamn bull in a china shop.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Donald Trump has ordered the Pentagon to create a US "space force", which he said would become the sixth branch of the American military.

The president said the force would be "separate but equal" to the US Air Force, adding that the move represents a "big statement".

Speaking at a meeting of the National Space Council, Mr Trump framed space as a national security issue, saying he does not want "China and Russia and other countries leading us".

He added: "Our destiny beyond the Earth is not only a matter of national identity, but a matter of national security.

"When it comes to defending America it is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space."
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:25 am

Apparently we have billions to spend on a *bleep* space force, but no money to spare putting undocumented immigrant kids in cages.

This guy Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am

Praising Kim Jong Un a ton, starting a trade war with Canada and the EU, asking to bring Russia into the G7, shitting on the G7 PMs, separating immigrant kids from families, leaving the UN human rights council, launching a space force.

What a month
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am

Good to se United States have not learned their lesson about concentration camps after what they did to the Japanese. And even the Nazis.

This is not how this starts. It’s way past that and I’m tired of hearing so many people say it’s a media narrative against Trump.
Incredible how a racist idiot like him has managed to replicate Goebbels’ tactics when I assume it’s been taught to every person in school and how to spot it. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised anymore.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 am

She was there to visit detained immigrant kids. And what did she tell them reportedly before leaving? "Good luck.".

I have no words. :facepalm:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 am

What are the chances of Trump getting re-elected?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:28 am

I think it largely depends on the November midterms. Historically, the incumbent President's party does not do well in these elections so that bodes well for Democrats. If they manage to win back Congress, they will likely move to impeach Trump and he'll be out after 1 term. If the Republicans win in the midterms, that vastly increases his chances of re-election.

As it stands, Democrats are in a good position to win back the House, but will have a battle on their hands to win back the Senate. They really need control of both chambers to impeach though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Myesyats wrote:What are the chances of Trump getting re-elected?

A LOT more than him ever being impeached or resigning or imprisoned

I think he will get another term.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 pm

McLewis wrote:

She was there to visit detained immigrant kids. And what did she tell them reportedly before leaving? "Good luck.".

I have no words. :facepalm:
i saw that story today. at least one person has to spot that and say you cant wear that. i mean how many people saw her wearing that coat that day. crazy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:24 pm

To be fair his racism aside, the country is in good shape right now.

I hate the guy, and I am sure most of this(economy) is from Obama, but its hard to be mobilized when you just got a nice big tax cut to make your paychecks bigger, and your portfolio is doing fine. Hell, even jobs are hiring hard now. Headhunters contacting me daily for high paying positions at pretty decent companies. Unless there is a recession nobody is going to be mobilized to come out against him in major force.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Agree. On top of that, Democrats historically don't come out for midterms anyway. That's an even bigger worry.

I got a pretty decent tax cut, but also moved to night shift so I got a bump in my pay from that too. The problem is, I have family members who aren't making the type of money I am that got virtually nothing from those tax cuts. Those are the people Democrats need to target and get out to vote. The people who are underemployed, working multiple jobs, barely getting by. The people that Trump says his tax cuts helped, but in reality they didn't.

But because the Democrats are too focused on "impeach" and "resist", they're probably going to miss out on these people, who will stay at home. The GOP won't though. They always turnout for any major election. Trump's a moron, but everytime he slates the media and remind them "This is why I won", that's validation for those who voted for him and encouragement for them to do it again.

So like I said, Dems must win Congress or he'll likely get another term.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:To be fair his racism aside, the country is in good shape right now.

I hate the guy, and I am sure most of this(economy) is from Obama, but its hard to be mobilized when you just got a nice big tax cut to make your paychecks bigger, and your portfolio is doing fine. Hell, even jobs are hiring hard now. Headhunters contacting me daily for high paying positions at pretty decent companies. Unless there is a recession nobody is going to be mobilized to come out against him in major force.

A lot of the measures Trump is taking will take a little time to hit, but a lot of economists expect a recession for 2020:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/06/11/recession-2020-heres-why-economists-think-may-happen/686177002/

I don't think one will be coming, but the negative outlook due to things like the trade war means "the country is in good shape" might not last much longer. Even going from growing 4.5 to 1% a year would be felt everywhere.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:20 pm

who will win this trade war.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:25 pm

No one "wins" a trade war. It's not a zero sum game. When trade barriers get erected everyone loses.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No one "wins" a trade war. It's not a zero sum game. When trade barriers get erected everyone loses.
someone has to back down in the end. but the thing i dont get is trump putting this 25% tax on stuff then he gets pissed off when other reply in kind. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next