Blue
rincon
iftikhar
Lucifer
Kick
11 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Get Emenalo and Marina out of my club!

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Kick Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 am

Rudiger is official, cringy announcement video and all.

Bakayoko is expected this week, according to Matt Law, hold up has been due to Monaco and then issues with the medical.

Matt Law also expects 4 more signings, including Bakayoko.

So, Bayoko, Sandro/Talles, Morata/Belotti, and either another CF or CB?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 am

According to reports in Spain and Brazil, we've agreed a 31m euro fee for Danilo.

if it helps us get Sandro, I am for it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 am

I really do not understand the hype around Morata, especially for what Madrid are demanding.

Past 3 seasons league goals

14/15- 8 goals
15/16- 7 goals
16/17- 15 goals

80m for a guy who has never proven to lead the line, and at best shown to be a good backup striker.

I want Belotti, it's freakin mental what they are asking for too. But i am willing bet on him.

Danilo i am okay with, but would have preferred Nelsinho or Jeremy Toljan(last year on his contract).
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:41 am

I don't want Morata either, I've been pro-Belotti since about May. That said, I wouldn't mind PEA.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 am

Kick wrote:I don't want Morata either, I've been pro-Belotti since about May. That said, I wouldn't mind PEA.

I'm a huge Belotti stan. Just wish Cairo wasn't such a money grabbing bastard and he could lower that asking price. Nobody's going to pay 100 odd million euros for him.

As you say though, I wouldn't mind PEA at allllll.

On a side note, there are some whispers that Costa is very close to joining Atletico and that Chelsea may be trying to engineer a Costa + money swap for Griezmann. Take the Griezmann bit with a grain of salt though. Don't think that's going to happen.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:54 am

Griezmann isn't an out and out 9, so he doesn't help the issue, tbh.

If Dortmund really want to sell PEA, he'd be the best option, imo. I'd like us to keep Michy to back him up though, I see no point in getting LLorente as back up.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:05 am

Kick wrote:Griezmann isn't an out and out 9, so he doesn't help the issue, tbh.

If Dortmund really want to sell PEA, he'd be the best option, imo. I'd like us to keep Michy to back him up though, I see no point in getting LLorente as back up.

True about Griezmann though I wonder if he could play in Pedro's position. Sanchez would have been amazing but that's not going to happen. We probably should go for Keita Balde. Very cheap atm for 20m euros and has massive up side.

There's no doubt Dortmund want to sell and the player himself wants to leave as well. Dortmund's CEO named his price in public too. Next season, PEA will be playing somewhere that's not Dortmund. It's up to Chelsea to decide if that's going to be London.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:17 am

Given the fact PEA is the cheapest out of Morata and Belotti, I can see it happening Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:38 am

Of course. After all, we're talking about Chelsea here.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:52 am

So he'll have 8 medicals over the next month before signing for Man U? Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:24 am

meanwhile RLC has gone to Palace for a season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:30 am

PEA being the cheapest option available and also arguably the best of the 3? By my count, that makes him the *least* likely one to be signed. This club is such a flaming shit-stenched trainwreck at transfers and squad-building it's almost comical. Let's recap how the rest of our summer activity is going so far:

Traore – gone
Solanke – gone
Ake – gone
Chalobah – gone
Loftus-Cheek – f*cked off till May
Aina – f*cked off till May
Abraham – f*cked off till May

Nice to see that those hundreds of millions pumped into the youth setup are bearing fruit. Although the club *have* succeeded in creating the first earth-based black hole smack in the center of London known as the Chelsea Academy, so there is that. Well done.

Elsewhere, we now have too few homegrown players to meet the required quota, and with the country's enormous abundance of stellar English players I'm sure that'll be a piss-easy problem to fix in the whole 29 odd days till the season starts. Because really, who wouldn't be pumped to replace promising young UK-based players who've been with us since they were 5 years old, with a passel of painfully mediocre nobodies given preference due to their foreign names? The fun never ends at Chelsea.

We're also doing blisteringly in central midfield. After all, the two whole players we now have left to play there should be plenty, yea? Supplemented of course by the now-6-week-long, imminent, anyday-now arrival of the absolute knob that is Bakayoko, who even with the start of the season still a month away is already crocked. Super.

Then we get to our situation up top. We are able to boast a £32m striker whom the manager wouldn't even play whenever his only competition was unavailable last season. So there's that going for us. We've also brilliantly burnt bridges with the only striker at the club who's scored a total number of goals in recent memory you can't count on one hand, in the most indiscreet, public way possible – ensuring that, even in the increasingly-remote event we do manage to nab one of the whole 3 half-decent available strikers on the market this year, we'll well and truly have our asses taken to the cleaners over the fee, with the selling club knowing how humiliatingly desperate we are to parachute in a replacement.

It's such a relief to have experts pulling the strings at the top.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:44 am

Shed wrote:PEA being the cheapest option available and also arguably the best of the 3? By my count, that makes him the *least* likely one to be signed. This club is such a flaming shit-stenched trainwreck at transfers and squad-building it's almost comical. Let's recap how the rest of our summer activity is going so far:

Traore – gone
Solanke – gone
Ake – gone
Chalobah – gone
Loftus-Cheek – f*cked off till May
Aina – f*cked off till May
Abraham – f*cked off till May

Nice to see that those hundreds of millions pumped into the youth setup are bearing fruit. Although the club *have* succeeded in creating the first earth-based black hole smack in the center of London known as the Chelsea Academy, so there is that. Well done.

Elsewhere, we now have too few homegrown players to meet the required quota, and with the country's enormous abundance of stellar English players I'm sure that'll be a piss-easy problem to fix in the whole 29 odd days till the season starts. Because really, who wouldn't be pumped to replace promising young UK-based players who've been with us since they were 5 years old, with a passel of painfully mediocre nobodies given preference due to their foreign names? The fun never ends at Chelsea.

We're also doing blisteringly in central midfield. After all, the two whole players we now have left to play there should be plenty, yea? Supplemented of course by the now-6-week-long, imminent, anyday-now arrival of the absolute knob that is Bakayoko, who even with the start of the season still a month away is already crocked. Super.

Then we get to our situation up top. We are able to boast a £32m striker whom the manager wouldn't even play whenever his only competition was unavailable last season. So there's that going for us. We've also brilliantly burnt bridges with the only striker at the club who's scored a total number of goals in recent memory you can't count on one hand, in the most indiscreet, public way possible – ensuring that, even in the increasingly-remote event we do manage to nab one of the whole 3 half-decent available strikers on the market this year, we'll well and truly have our asses taken to the cleaners over the fee, with the selling club knowing how humiliatingly desperate we are to parachute in a replacement.

It's such a relief to have experts pulling the strings at the top.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 2 Emenalo2405a

Emenalo has a question:
Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 am

To get serious, the sale of Chalobah is a bit annoying but it's hardly the end of the world. As long as we get our targets it'll be an excellent summer.

I do wonder who will take Chalobah's place though. Baker is the most obvious option, but he is earmakred for a loan as well. MvG could be a wildcard but I could also see us dipping into the transfer market for flat out refusing to sell Matic, now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 am

No buy back clause for Chalobah.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 2 Giphy

Ahhhhh Chelsea Football Club. Can never have an extended period of peace of mind, can we? Don't you just *bleep* love the clusterf*ck!?

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 2 Giphy
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:02 am

Kick wrote:To get serious, the sale of Chalobah is a bit annoying but it's hardly the end of the world. As long as we get our targets it'll be an excellent summer.

I do wonder who will take Chalobah's place though. Baker is the most obvious option, but he is earmakred for a loan as well. MvG could be a wildcard but I could also see us dipping into the transfer market for flat out refusing to sell Matic, now.

Apparently, Conte called Chalobah and practically begged him to stay, promising him more game time and higher wages. Can't blame Nate for having ambition and belief in himself. Imo, he's better than the absolute tits England have in midfield right now and he could very well be playing in the world cup next year if he has a great season.

But then Chelsea Football Club yet again fail to insert a buy back clause. Fully expect him to become a beast in 2 years and be bought by Man City.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:08 am

On the subject of homegrown players, we're still fine for both EPL and CL:

We can have a maximum of 17 non home grown over 21 y.o.'s in our EPL side, they are likely to be:
Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo, Rudiger, Alonso, Sandro/Telles, Danilo, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Kante, Bakayoko, Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Batshuayi, Belotti/PEA

That is 16, so we can still have one more, another CM if needed.

For the CL it's slightly trickier as we need the same number of non home grown but our home grown players must fall into two categories, club and association trained. Currently, we have:

Association trained:
Moses, Cahill, Fabregas

club trained:
Baker (if he stays)

Musonda and Christensen are U21's I believe, but both will be club trained once they are over 21.

So there is no need to freak out, if we need to boost our club trained quota, we'll just drop Eduardo from CL for a youth GK.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:12 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Kick wrote:To get serious, the sale of Chalobah is a bit annoying but it's hardly the end of the world. As long as we get our targets it'll be an excellent summer.

Apparently, Conte called Chalobah and practically begged him to stay, promising him more game time and higher wages. Can't blame Nate for having ambition and belief in himself. Imo, he's better than the absolute tits England have in midfield right now and he could very well be playing in the world cup next year if he has a great season.

But then Chelsea Football Club yet again fail to insert a buy back clause. Fully expect him to become a beast in 2 years and be bought by Man City.

Chelsea doing Chelsea things, he's been with us since 2005 so we've allowed him to leave because he wanted out, nothing new here. no buyback is a shame but I personally prefer RLC, Baker, and Kasey Palmer. There is no shortage of young English players coming through, Mason Mount is going to be huge, too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 am

Sincerely hope Baker stays. He's the reason I never wanted us to go in for Tolisso. And I know this may sound like sour grapes but I've been saying it (on other forums) that I rate Baker higher than Chalobah despite how high I rate Chalobah. All loan plans need to be shelved. Get Matic out and give his spot to Baker. Maybe try to get an old player like Marchisio in case of injuries. He's already riding the bench at Juve. Might as well come ride our bench for higher wages.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17 am

Kick wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Chelsea doing Chelsea things, he's been with us since 2005 so we've allowed him to leave because he wanted out, nothing new here. no buyback is a shame but I personally prefer RLC, Baker, and Kasey Palmer. There is no shortage of young English players coming through, Mason Mount is going to be huge, too.

RLC is a confusing one for me. He has to prove himself at Palace imo. If he can't cut it at Palace then he's not good enough to be starting/fighting for a spot for us imo, regardless of the bags of talent he has. Football doesn't end with just having talent. Needs to find his preferred position as well.

Baker is an all rounder. Great vision, can use both feet VERY comfortably, great finisher, neat passing, great late runs into the box, fantastic free kick taker, etc. I also think he'd benefit from being around both Kante and Fabregas. We NEED to keep him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:18 am

Will be interesting to see if he does stay, as I said previously. If Matic is truely off, we could do a lot worse, as long as Conte can train Baker to be a solid defencive player, the one thing he lacks right now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:25 am

Kick wrote:Will be interesting to see if he does stay, as I said previously. If Matic is truely off, we could do a lot worse, as long as Conte can train Baker to be a solid defencive player, the one thing he lacks right now.

Imo, Baker can become a Lampard if trained properly. Conte used to be a midfielder, he should be able to work well with Baker.

On that note, Conte deserves a lot of criticism for Chalobah's exit too. Kept playing Matic in the 2nd half of last season even when he was absolute shit while Chalobah sat on the bench. There's nothing Matic offered at that point that Chalobah couldn't offer and even surpass. Absolutely gutted tbqfh.

I sincerely hope our youth players continue to leave if they aren't given chances at this club and I hope they shine immensely wherever they go. We're not serious at all with playing youth. So much for a multi million pound world class academy.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 am

Mate, it could be argued that our youth academy is working perfectly. There is a strong argument that the academy is not to bring through players alone, but to give young players a world class education and a money making system.

Our youth/loan system has made us 50m pounds this summer, alone.

That said, every fan wants to see youth players make it with us, which, by the looks, Christensen will. If he is the only one, then perhaps that is all we can hope for? Clearly our standards are too high.

My personal opinion has changed in recent months. As long as we're winning, I am happy. Above all else, that is what Abramovich and co. will ensure. Anything else is a bonus.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:40 am

I get your logic, but when you consider the fact that Real Madrid just won 3 CLs in 4 years with Casemiro starting in midfield for 2 of those and Carvajal starting at RB and Asensio and Vasquez playing significant roles as well as Morata coming off the bench.....it is in fact possible to win AND play youth at the same time.

The board need to stop talking about our youth players and completely wall them off from the first team if they think they're nothing more than money making machines. No point giving kids who have grown up their whole lives dreaming of playing for the club they grew up loving false hope.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:50 am

To be fair, Carvajal and Morata are the only two youth players for Madrid, both of whom were sold before returning.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next