sportsczy
Bankz
Mr Nick09
22 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

MBAPPEEEEE - Page 5 Empty Re: MBAPPEEEEE

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:27 pm

PSG and City are elite teams. If you get paid 2x and still get to play for an elite team, you're stupid if you don't take it.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Well we both know it's not double, and PSG/city may be elite in their respective leagues but they haven't won CL or even be in a final if I'm not mistaken.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 pm

It is double.  More actually.  Real Madrid offered him 5.5 mil net per reports.  He's got 12 mil net offers from City and PSG.  The only think Real Madrid allegedly offered is a re-negotiate after 2 years despite a 5 year contract.

That gap is why he's going.  If it was relatively close, he would be here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

I haven't seen the RM offers published in any article, and even so, as a football fan it's always sad to see a young footballer with lots of potential choose money over football at a very early stage.

You think he would develop as much under Emery as he would under Zidane?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 pm

I actually think having Neymar there... who is a wing creator that can score but is still unselfish, and Cavani, who is supremely unselfish, to go along with Verratti and Rabiot long term... is a solid choice.

I never like any forward to play next to CR.  Wanted him at Madrid selfishly... but he should stay away from us as long as CR is here. Need kids to keep the scoring edge.

I also think it would have become unhealthy in terms of competition with bale and benz... we needed to sell one of those guys first.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 pm

i disagree with the unhealthy competition part. competition was what helped us in the league last season. i never got the 'bale has to be sold' rhetoric, mbappe's not a rw, selling bale to create room doesn't make sense on the pitch. selling benzema to create room also doesn't make sense, cos then a 19year old will be the only cf, what happens should he get hurt?

unhealthy in terms if wages, that i understand. it took ramos flirting with utd for him to get the ten million deal that he wanted. this deal was too much to handle at one go, i wasn't too sure cos of his age (i've never been fond of putting our hopes on kids), but with him and another cf in benz, i thought it wouldn't be bad. but the price tag and the wage, is just too heavy

btw, does anyone feel flo is losing his mojo? it seems he can get the talent when we are the primary party chasing and the question mark is "how much do we pay to the parent club"? but when multiple clubs get involved, and wage or agent fees become part of the issue at hand, then we have a problem.....changing of the times? what do you folks think?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:42 pm

btw i like that mbappe and neymar went with the money, you're never going to get anything out of this business by listening to the "ethical" moaning/b***hing by fans, spewing about 'money or glory/trophies'. you can have both, you never know how your carrier will pan out, go for the money while you can and take care of family.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 pm

CR doesn't share the glory or the ball if he can help it (this has nothing to do with Benzema before someone tries to bring him into this lol). If you want to become a superstar in a position, you don't go someplace where there's already one at that same position... unless the incumbent has a sharing and team oriented personality.

Ibra almost destroyed Cavani just as CR destroys everyone too. It's what makes them great... but other players need to be aware.

As a counter example, Falcao was very accommodating to Mbappe as he sacrificed some of his game to allow for Mbappe to play his... no way CR does that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:04 am

But I do agree with you generally tito... i just think CR is very extreme and it's difficult for a kid (especially one that idolized CR) to express his personality. He may defer too much.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:14 am

Or Mbappe could show his mettle and displace him as big dog in the yard that is Madrid. Unlike Messi/Neymar, Cristiano is actually older and his body is obviously not as it used to. That being said, I don't mind Madrid not pursuing due to their own budget constraints and Mbappe choosing the route most profitable for him as it is all about him (and his family) at the end of the day.

Maybe Perez is losing his supposed mojo or maybe Madrid is actually behaving in a more prudent manner after years of...madness. In any case, we are 2 time defending UCL champions and there is always some new prospect coming up.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:21 am

i just wonder, if we scare away from signing Mbappe now, what happens next season when the asking price for guys like Dybala or whoever it's gonna be, is at 200 mil and they ask for 15 mil net wages?

there will come a point where we will be forced to align with the market the prices team pay now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:i just wonder, if we scare away from signing Mbappe now, what happens next season when the asking price for guys like Dybala or whoever it's gonna be, is at 200 mil and they ask for 15 mil net wages?

there will come a point where we will be forced to align with the market the prices team pay now.

at least at that point, whoever is demanding that price tag will have a resume we can go by. i never said much about mbappe, cos i'm not in a position to talk about him. i go by what people say on here (which is scary), i don't go with pundits because none of the pundits i've watched are ligue un based so i doubt they reall know much about him either

what scared me about the deal was his resume and age, i admired the move and would have been happy with it had it worked. if we have to go for a 200 mill move, i take it the person would have the resume and cache.

i doubt we'll ever get mbappe if the psg thing is really true. we aren't madrid of the 2000s in the transfer market, and psg have shown with the verratti and neymar moves, that they won't be bossed around. a bid for a psg player may just end up having them up the ante for your own player. i really hope we do make a move for a forward though, especially if 4 3 3 will be the staple formation
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:02 am

I think that PSG will calm down once they win CL. They're obsessed with it. Reminds me of the decima thing with us. Flo only calmed down after the decima.

They're really one very good central defender and goalkeeper away imo.

Besides Mbappe and Neymar, they're also supposedly try to get Fabinho and Oblak is also a target lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:55 am

Doc wrote:You may not compare wages but I definitely certain the likes of Isco, Kroos, Modric and Casemiro would compare. Also, a suitable successor to Benzema would be any good striker at the moment.

Wrong. that kind of thinking will just get us another bale. and that is the last thing we need.

I like my forwards to be technical. modern.  speed is a must unless it can be compensated with intelligence and passing.

Very, very few can do the job. This was why I wanted M'bappe so badly. alternatively, Martial would be fantastic or even that Dembele fella. all 3 are fast, technical and modern. such players would give an immediate boost to our attack.

I'm not looking for the cavanis or the kanes. especially not harry kane, ewww. I want the R9 type of forwards damn it or at minimum the Raul type forwards. I want style, I want finesse. The losers like aguero and cavani have no place in Real Madrid imo. M'bappe, Martial, and Dembele on the other hand excite me.

At worst, we could bring in Aubameyang. he has the desire to wear this shirt, nobody is gonna beat him on speed, and he is technical enough that we can rely on him not to lose the damn ball in close quarters. wrong age of late 20's but short term wise he would be a great addition.

Vinicius jr scored a goal recently. why cant we bring him in now again? lets see what 45m gets us.

would have liked to have kept mariano. unlike you lot, I actually saw some slight potential in him.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 pm

I've been thinking about this a bit more. Let's take the news and rumors out of the equation. There are 3 main teams in the running for his signature- us, PSG, and City.

PSG have to move on multiple players to make way, City's forward line is already stacked with young talent, we on the other hand would need to move on 1 deadweight player (Bale).

From a purely logistical standpoint it makes most sense that we would hypothetically him. The other teams have to move on productive players/ promising players/ recently signed players. Bale has been with us for awhile now and has shown quality at times but over all has been too much of an injury concern. He is somewhat useless to us, but multiple EPL teams would welcome him with open arms.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:23 pm

He has ex teammates Mendy and Silva there... and he traveled to Manchester 2 weeks ago personally for "marketing" (who goes to Manchester for marketing lol).

And really, Aguero is the one who would be out or on the bench. You would have Jesus, Mbappe and the other dude (not Sterling) leading the line.

Besides, you can count on Pep to be creative and get his best players on the pitch.

Might be an opportunity for us to get Aguero relatively cheaply though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 pm

It would be smart to go to PSG or City and rummage through their bargain bins after they sign Mbappe to get one of Sane, or Gabriel Jesus.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 pm

One huge issue with Madrid. His salary demands! Flo may be willing to make a splash occasionally on transfer fees but he has always hung onto his salary ladder.

At this point, there is no need for Mbappe nor any other CF.

With Benz improvement yesterday, I don't believe there are any moves in the cards for us. All that is needed now is for Bale to do something similar to what Benz did yesterday, and of course both sustain the form we have all been waiting on. This squad is stronger and deeper than last year (which was the deepest we have ever had) and every bench player seems to offer something different which means tactically they can confuse the opposition.

The only worry, I believe we have in front of us, is with us likely dominating la liga, much like PSG and Bayern, will we get too complacent when it comes to real competition in CL?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm

I definitely don't think we are deeper overall. Deeper in midfield surely, but in defense and attack we lost Pepe and Morata respectively and those were huge players for us.

And I am glad you brought up complacency, because the best way to fight against complacency is to bring in new and hungry players.

I don't feel I need to list all the reasons why Bale isn't needed, so I'll just say this may be one of the last windows he could bring in big money, plus he is on high wages so let's just say that cancels out with Mbappe's wages.

We would be bringing in a young hungry player with huge potential, and losing an injury prone player who is not useful at a financial net of basically zero considering Morata and Danilo leaving.

I would love for Bale to do a 180, but he's still an aging injury prone player

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Deez, I disagree with you re deepness of squad.

I have stated many times that we should sell Bale and bring in another CF, but we can all see that isnn't going to happen. The loss of Morata has resulted in the emergence of Asensio and Isco finally be given starter status. If Benz can play more consistently like he did yesterday, our front line and overall offensive play is much stronger last year. The only player in the front line that hasn't contributed thus far is Bale. HE is just as capable as Benz to be able to do this. If he doesn't then it can happen next summer. But irregardless our forward line is very strong without him.

I also didn't like the departure of Pepe, but it is what it is. I think by end of year, you guys will be impressed with the rookies on the team: Theo, Vallejo, Marcos Llorente and Ceballos are all excellent talents and will eventually challenge at their positions. I'm sure Zidane will ease their development much the way he did with Asensio last season. All of these rookies have exhibited the same talent level as Asensio.

And not to dimmish from Flo's market efforts, the roots are well sown for future years meaning we won't need to pursue over priced talent as the aging players drop off squad.

Flo has not only dominated Barcelona in play, our team looks more like the Barcelona better years in style of play and in recruitment.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:46 pm

I think having more than one RELIABLE scorer... and more than one who can individually break a team in tight matches... is ideal. Benz, even in his best days, was wildly inconsistent. He would always match 3-4 months of WC play with a similar 3-4 months of sub par ones in a season.

It's a risk I'd rather we not take if we had the chance... but I guess one Flo is willing to live with.

The other issue is that, despite what people may think, kids with the smarts and scoring knack of Mbappe don't grow on trees. You often get super talented kids that have a raw end product. His end product is already refined. I wish we'd get him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Be careful Sports, you're going to get you know who going again!

As to Mbappe, sure it would be nice, but Flo has stated very clearly he won't pay the requested price, at this point both transfer fee nor salary.

I'm just looking at what we have and I see a lot of positives and I still like our entire lineup in comparison to either potential PSG or City!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Meanwhile it seems since being linked to us, M'bappe's play has been affected by the speculation. I think the term of alpha is wayyy too soon for him. You want an alpha, look at CR7 on his 2nd game back. he is still young. his skills may be refined but his mind is most certainly raw.

In any case, I don't see the point in discussing M'bappe. I don't see us signing him unless a new variable breaks the current equation.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 pm

He hasn't even played turok... how can it be affected. He was benched two games ago and didn't even make the team sheet in this one. He has one official game where he went out with a knock.

Freeza was at that game. He can tell you how he really looked.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:00 am

sportsczy wrote:He hasn't even played turok... how can it be affected.  He was benched two games ago and didn't even make the team sheet in this one.  He has one official game where he went out with a knock.

Freeza was at that game.  He can tell you how he really looked.
not played often you mean. yeah im aware he hasnt been playing a lot but what little ive seen so far... well i call it how i see it.

I still rate m'bappe but this is why I say he needs a mentor. Someone like Benz and/or CR7 on certain aspects as he is almost already a finished product. only his mental aspects of the game needs refining. he's ready for the big time but no one is truly ready when push comes to shove. 6 months IS rather too short a duration to fully judge a player's mentality is it not?

in any case, he chose money over us. While I respect that, it does contradict what you said before. If he really was this alpha as you claim him to be, why didn't he risk it with us? you know why he's not here, wages and playing time. if he was truly confident, he would be here already. it's okay to have skepticism and doubt but to choose PSG over us? I respect his decision to choose PSG but already from there I have some doubts. Is Real Madrid's word of an improved contract if showing up later in season not good enough? or is he afraid of the competition that we have here? doubt =/ alpha. CR7 never has doubt and that is half the reason why he is the big boss that he is.

In any case, I will be closely monitoring M'bappe for some time. though that is difficult seeing as he's on the bench for a while now. still want him bad. real bad. unlike that aguero loser, this is one the striker that we should be linked with always.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:27 am

Because he wants to play with Neymar, who is 25, and he grew up a hardcore PSG fan. His Madrid love was more about CR than Madrid itself.

This wasn't about him picking money when his dream club came along. Both his dream clubs made him an offer and he went with the best one.

Also, his father and mother have a lot of influence (his father is his agent). According to reports, he personally still wanted Madrid slightly over PSG but his father talked him out of it.

Finally, Madrid dragged its feet. If we wanted to, we could have pulled the trigger and he would have been here in June. We wanted to wait until we squeezed every last dollar for Morata... and that gave time for Mbappe's mind to change.

A lot of changing factors. He's a teenager. Kids in general, and millennials particularly, are very prone to changing their minds drastically.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: