sportsczy
futbol_bill
Doc
McAgger
Mr Nick09
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Left Back Carousel: Mendy and Theo Hernandez now Empty The Left Back Carousel: Mendy and Theo Hernandez now

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Since we have no back up Left Back, one of the most needed back up roles in the team will most likely be filled this summer (hopefully).

Thinking back, LB has been a point of controversy for a long time. Marcelo is in his prime, he is a wonderful player in his attacking duties, but in my opinion he is still mediocre on the defense end. just last game, Inaki destroyed him repeatedly and he looked hopeless. Oh and bilbao's goal came from Inaki destroying him and crossing.

I feel like the lack of elite Right winger in europe has played in his favor as he has hardly met a player that could pin him back and dominate his arse 1v1. Even that scrub Martins from Sporting rekt him so much we started talking about signing him. Last time we played Robben in CL, Coentrao was around and he shut him down. I am genuinely worried about the upcoming match up.

So every now and then we get linked with a new LB. This season, without naming the Gaya's of this world, we have been linked with Guerreiro, although he doesnt even play LB with Dortmund and he is living off his euro  level.

Now it's THeo Hernandez, the younger hernandez brother that belongs to Atltico and according to Cadena Ser, we have contacted him to show interest.

Lastly, Benjamin Mendy from Monaco who might be one of the most athletic fullback in europe.

both are rather fast actually, FRENCH (we will never get rid of french players

so what do you think? who is your favorite.

Do you hate marcelo like Chadito? please share

ps: this thread is inspired by Chad's unpopular opinion, and frankly this section is fcking dead lol. i propose we collectively fap over a new LB. after the Danilo fiasco, i am not giving my opinion here...not yet at least
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Left Back Carousel: Mendy and Theo Hernandez now Empty Re: The Left Back Carousel: Mendy and Theo Hernandez now

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Moreno is available for 12m.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

The Left Back Carousel: Mendy and Theo Hernandez now Empty Re: The Left Back Carousel: Mendy and Theo Hernandez now

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Who? Is that the Mexican player that doesn't start for Liverpool?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 pm

It's the same guy your club was interested in signing when he starred in Sevilla's EL win.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 am

And guess why we did not sign him and pool did rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 am

It's dead mostly due to internationals and me not caring about Madrid affairs during said time. However, I wouldn't mind Mendy really but we all know Perez's stand on black people.

Theo, um, I guess he is alright but I am really not sold on him. Saw only like 5 Dortmund matches all season so yes, I think Guerriero is awesome and should be signed. Forgot we were "interested" in Moreno.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:54 am

Nick, I had heard a few more names. i think they are all Spanish and young, but I really have no other info. Doesn't sound like any of them would push Marcelo! Martin, a 19 year old at Espanyol, Aaron also at Espanyol and Yuri at Real Sociedad. Also heard Marco Alonso, but the other day Marca reported that his train had already passed and since he is a starter at Chelsea, no way he would come back.

There is however one big problem in getting a new LB. That is Coentrao's contract. Club is on the hook for at least another year, might even be two. He obviously is content to sit around and collect pay check. Chances of selling him are slim and none! Club will try to buy him out, but it won't be easy. It is being said Flo may not allow acquiring another LB if a buyout can't be done.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am

none of those spanish scrubs are relevant, that's why i am not mentioning them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 am

Doc wrote:It's dead mostly due to internationals and me not caring about Madrid affairs during said time. However, I wouldn't mind Mendy really but we all know Perez's stand on black people.

Theo, um, I guess he is alright but I am really not sold on him. Saw only like 5 Dortmund matches all season so yes, I think Guerriero is awesome and should be signed. Forgot we were "interested" in Moreno.

Doc, I keep seeing this remark you just made about Flo and black players.Don't know were this comes from? We've had lots of black players. YOu may be referring to him not wanting to pay much for defensive positions!! That I would agree with, but I have never heard (in Spain) that Perez has any issue with black players.

I mean he is wiling to rely on Danilo and Nacho as cover for Marcelo just because he is on the hook for Coentrao. How much would a buyout cost particularly when you realize the exposure we have particularly on defense with Marcelo as the only viable solution. Look at what is being reported as possible defense next season. Pepe gone to be replaced by Vallejo a kid with a low salary. These kids I mentioned above all re LB with low salary demands, if they can somehow deal with Coentrao. Carvajal is not paid that much nor is Danilo or for that matter neither Casemiro (for sure viewed by Flo as a defensive spot) and also the rumoured arrival of Marcos Llorente is also a low salary. so you have one defender, the captain Ramos with a high salary and Varane with a semi decent salary and Marcelo on a good salary. Peanuts for the rest!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:34 am

It's a running joke about Perez for some on this forum. Nothing I take serious, I don't know the man to say if he is anything but a human being. Hopefully you didn't take it personally or me attacking you Spaniards.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 am

No, I've learned to not take anything on this forum seriously. But I've seen this remark several times and have no idea were in comes from.

But Flo has never recognized the need of defenders and it is a genuine concern.  I'm actually surprised he allowed Mou to sign Coentrao for 30M and Danilo a year ago for 40M. THe rumours I keep hearing are cheap incoming players in defensive positions. Some of them may be diamonds in the rough, but god help us, if the criteria is low salaries.

Oh and I suspect the reason Ramos and Marcelo are paid what they are, is because they are more noted for their offense than they are for their defense!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:58 am

Mendy isn't going to go anywhere to be a backup. Hernandez has a domestic violence case surrounding him recently from what I remember, no?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:53 am

Mendy is not all that reputation wise right now, i am not very convinced with what you are saying

the one with domestic issues is Lucas Hernandez, the older brother at Atletico. Theo the younger borther is at Alaves
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Nick, Marca had a story last week re this.

They say Ricardo Rodriquez (Wolfsburgo) as well as Marco Alonso have been discarded.

They do list the three Spaniards I mentioned earlier. both Aaron and Martin (both at Espanyol) are young and also play on U21 Spanish team. Yuri (Real Sociedad) is 27. Aaron has a 30M price tag and Yuri has a 40M price tag!!!!! Don't know about Martin. Apparently Aaron has had a breakout season and given both he and Martin are on same teams and play same position, I suspect Aaron has overtaken Martin. So My assumption is Martin is off the list.

The only other name on list is Sandro (Juve), and none of the names you have mentioned are there.

I don't believe either of Aaron or Juri would challenge Marcelo and with the price tags given, why would they do that?

Sandro however might be worth discussing!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Theo is just another Alba/Gaya/Bernat. These guys are even worse than Marcelo defensively. What we need is another Coentrao who is basically the opposite of Marcelo. Someone that gives us something different. I prefer moving Nacho there permanently and getting another CB
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Mendy is not all that reputation wise right now, i am not very convinced with what you are saying

the one with domestic issues is Lucas Hernandez, the older brother at Atletico. Theo the younger borther is at Alaves

What I'm saying is that City is going to drop... oh maybe 50 mil given their wonderful dealmaking history... to get Mendy and put him as a starting LB. They have Clichy/Kolarov right now Laughing.

Madrid will offer Mendy far less money then teams desperate for a LB. People came to Madrid to be a backup for the money in the past. That's no longer the case and Marcelo is in his prime.

I just don't see it. Mendy is all about the money too besides playing time. And of course... you have the Pep mystique.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Sidibé is the one leaving Monaco, no way they'll sell their 2 starting fullbacks in one window.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:48 pm

any update on Hermoso Bill?

Last year he was getting attention near hes off the radar lol
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Looks like he has fallen back. He's at Castilla behind Tejero, but so is Abner. It's not a very good team and they have 3 LBs. Definitely not a consideration for 1st team. Tejero had a good outing in a copa game but he also will not get any consideration. You have to stand out at that level (3rd level futbol) and even then best you can hope for is a loan to either a 1st or 2nd level team. Being 2nd or even 3rd in line for a starting spot in a so so team in 3rd level futbol does not speak well for him!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Theo Hernandez has a contract until 2021 so Atleti not gonna let it happen. Don't want Mendy, he seems to be great offensively but a bit shaky defensively.

Sead Kolašinac and Jonas Hector could be solid options if we're strictly looking for a backup. Alex Sandro or Alaba if we want someone to compete with Marcelo.

futbol_bill wrote:
They do list the three Spaniards I mentioned earlier. both Aaron and Martin (both at Espanyol) are young and also play on U21 Spanish team. Yuri (Real Sociedad) is 27. Aaron has a 30M price tag and Yuri has a 40M price tag!!!!! Don't know about Martin. Apparently Aaron has had a breakout season and given both he and Martin are on same teams and play same position, I suspect Aaron has overtaken Martin. So My assumption is Martin is off the list.

Aarón Martín is one person/player, the other LB at Espanyol is Rubén Duarte.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:25 pm

@ Perucho, apparently Hermoso has also been playing CB this year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Well, looks like Nick is right (again)! Marca is reporting club will pay Atletico Theo Hernanez's transfer fee and set to sign him for next season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Hopefully it's true and we sign the kid he Is good
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:14 pm

I don't even care who we get. I am just happy we have moved on from overhyped Portuguese league fullbacks
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Based on some youtube videos, it can at least be said he's tall, quick, and young, kinda looks Carvajalish in his technical and physical faculties.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next