Firenze
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
50 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Ramos is the GOAT - Page 4 Empty Re: Ramos is the GOAT

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Ramos was trying to bring him down, that's what he does, he was dealing with a player that is faster than him, so he had to mark his territory every chance he could.

It just so happened that on the contact, their hands were together because Salah, credit to him, doesnt go down easy and is fairly strong, and they fell on his arm.

by the way, that petition is at 120k rofl

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Oh cool so he didn't try to injure him, he only tried bring him down and fall on top of him, thus causing the injury.

Big difference.

Honestly that logic isn't the worst in the world when bringing them down means a light hug or pulling on someone's jersey. Means that won't injure the other player.
In that case you've done your job as a defender in a way that isn't extremely dangerous. It is bad logic when your means of bringing the player down is an arm bar where you throw the weight of your body onto the players arm/shoulder, also causing the rest of his body to fall extremely awkwardly.

If there is some sort of difference between simply "bringing the player down" and "trying to injure them" it's such a thin line in this case that it's invisible.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'd have to see footage but those stills don't look good.

Look like something I've seen in the NBA many, many times and it was never not intentional.

Salah using Harden’s move imo. Hooking the defender and flopping.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Anyone who does martial arts will admit half a second is enough to analyze a situation and transfer weight when falling

That said i don't think it was particularly a malicious act, Ramos who's stronger just manage to have Salah fall below him. It's also a normal reflex. As defender he tried to hurt Salah a bit while it looks a pure accident. Did he intend to precisely dislocate his shoulder ? no
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 27, 2018 4:28 pm

farfan wrote:The idea that Ramos, while being grabbed first and underhooked by Salah, has enough grappling wherewithal to land a devastating takedown with the intention of dislocating the opponent's shoulder is simply laughable. Laughing

Yeah, lots of folks are giving Ramos' intelligence way, way, waaaay more credit than it deserves. You would swear the man can discombobulate a knee cap whilst thinking of the opponent's next move when, in fact, this is the same guy that forgot to take a shit at HT and had to leave the field.

Of course he had no intention of trying to injure Salah. He did, however, had every intention to make sure Salah didn't proceed with the ball which every CB does. If Ramos had let him through, I would have been absolutely pissed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'd have to see footage but those stills don't look good.

Look like something I've seen in the NBA many, many times and it was never not intentional.

Salah using Harden’s move imo. Hooking the defender and flopping.

Lol honestly the way it's being described it sounds like what Olynk did to Love hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 27, 2018 5:02 pm

CBarca wrote:Oh cool so he didn't try to injure him, he only tried bring him down and fall on top of him, thus causing the injury.

Big difference.

Honestly that logic isn't the worst in the world when bringing them down means a light hug or pulling on someone's jersey. Means that won't injure the other player.
In that case you've done your job as a defender in a way that isn't extremely dangerous. It is bad logic when your means of bringing the player down is an arm bar where you throw the weight of your body onto the players arm/shoulder, also causing the rest of his body to fall extremely awkwardly.

If there is some sort of difference between simply "bringing the player down" and "trying to injure them" it's such a thin line in this case that it's invisible.

The way you latch onto a talking point and refuse to let it go after every big Madrid win is becoming tiresome.

Salah had a tight underhook on Ramos, Sergio grabbed him back and attempted to bring him down to thwart his progress, and since their arms were tangled Salah ended up landing awkwardly with Ramos on top of him.

An unfortunate accident, nothing to see here.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 27, 2018 5:06 pm

@Luca. In the NBA, that's not a sporting play. it's outside the scope of the game. In football, a defender making sure that an opponent doesn't get past him if he's off balance is a sporting play... you see it all the time.

Unfortunate result. But there was nothing either unusual or dirty about the play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Who the hell intentionally dislocates shoulder?

Seriously, conspiracy theories are getting out of hands.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:@Luca. In the NBA, that's not a sporting play. it's outside the scope of the game. In football, a defender making sure that an opponent doesn't get past him if he's off balance is a sporting play... you see it all the time.

Unfortunate result. But there was nothing either unusual or dirty about the play.

I agree. Given the injury, it just reminded me of the Olynyk NBA moment

I don't think it was malicious from Ramos, it's not like he went two feet from behind, stepped on his foot or anything of that nature as we've seen from many player on many occasions

It's just unfortunate

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 27, 2018 9:24 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Copa isnt third rate, the 3 best teams in the whole wide world are competing for that trophy. hmm

Nope, it's third-rate. Borderline meaningless even.

hmm

Ramos is the GOAT - Page 4 Real-Madrid-street-parade-011
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Right, that's why the royal team throws bus parades after winning it. Pretty meaningless, ain't it.

Despicable football club.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 27, 2018 10:45 pm

farfan wrote:The still posted by Nivash shows that Salah was the one who initiated the contact.

Ramos obviously brought him down intentionally but I don't see how he could plan for him to land awkwardly on his shoulder. scratch Messi gets brought down in a similar fashion in almost every game without sustaining a serious injury.

There's only one thing worse than a Real Madrid fan.

A closet Real Madrid fan.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Myesyats wrote:
farfan wrote:The still posted by Nivash shows that Salah was the one who initiated the contact.

Ramos obviously brought him down intentionally but I don't see how he could plan for him to land awkwardly on his shoulder. scratch Messi gets brought down in a similar fashion in almost every game without sustaining a serious injury.

There's only one thing worse than a Real Madrid fan.

A closet Real Madrid fan.

I agree.

Thank god we don't have anyone like that here in GL.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 pm

M99 wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Copa isnt third rate, the 3 best teams in the whole wide world are competing for that trophy. hmm

Nope, it's third-rate. Borderline meaningless even.

hmm

Ramos is the GOAT - Page 4 Real-Madrid-street-parade-011

CDR is a third rate trophy.  But, it's the copa del rey...  meaning the king's cup... meaning the king of spain.  If Real Madrid didn't celebrate it, it would seem very rude.

There's a reason we play our Castilla players until roughly the semis.  We actually hope that we lose before then.  

It''s like winning the FA Cup...  you can't disrespect it.  If you can win it, you do.  But you don't go into a season making the FA Cup a priority. CL and the league are the two things you focus on... in Real Madrid's case, it's CL followed by the league.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 28, 2018 12:13 am

The Copa is a "third rate trophy" now?

There's a reason Barca fans are universally loathed, and it's got to do with how they behaved when they were winning.
You guys are well on your way, I'd say Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 28, 2018 12:37 am

I don't put it as a third rate trophy, it's minor but it's still a trophy. Won't save a manager's job unless his name be Zinedine Zidane but it's still a trophy. That being said, the club and a lot of the fan base regards it as 3rd rate and that has long been a mentality.

The reason the club celebrated it that particular triumph is that it was the 1st trophy the club won in what, 3-4 years? It actually meant a lot, we even beat Pep's Barcelona in the final too. Nothing to do with celebrating the King or whatever. Since then, it has gone back to being a discarded trophy which goes with the usual mentality.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 28, 2018 12:37 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:The Copa is a "third rate trophy" now?

There's a reason Barca fans are universally loathed, and it's got to do with how they behaved when they were winning.
You guys are well on your way, I'd say Laughing

What are THEY supposed to do?  Laughing Every Madrid win is followed by a shitstorm of controversy and people crying foul over every little thing, it's only natural to expect THEM to respond.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 28, 2018 2:31 am

Doc wrote:I don't put it as a third rate trophy, it's minor but it's still a trophy. Won't save a manager's job unless his name be Zinedine Zidane but it's still a trophy. That being said, the club and a lot of the fan base regards it as 3rd rate and that has long been a mentality.

The reason the club celebrated it that particular triumph is that it was the 1st trophy the club won in what, 3-4 years? It actually meant a lot, we even beat Pep's Barcelona in the final too. Nothing to do with celebrating the King or whatever. Since then, it has gone back to being a discarded trophy which goes with the usual mentality.

In terms of celebration Doc...  we need to do it properly as sign of respect for the competition.  But as you said, we're not really trying to win it.

I also agree that we had gone through a trophy drought back then so that specific CDR celebration was legit happiness to break our streak with any kind of trophy... even CDR.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 am

'Punish Ramos!' - Over 200,000 people sign petition demanding Salah injury sanction

http://www.goal.com/en/news/punish-ramos-over-200000-people-sign-petition-demanding/113pjquto0x6o1bpm9esdnv1l6
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 28, 2018 11:08 am

That's the link to the petition directly. For unrelated reasons.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon May 28, 2018 12:42 pm

In this very rare case, I don't think he wanted to injure Salah, shit like this happens in every game. The chances of injuring someone by tangling their arm like that is like 1 in 50.

Having said that he is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen in my life and he has intentionally tried to hurt opponents in the past. So I get why people are accusing him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 28, 2018 12:50 pm

@sportsczy, nothing wrong in celebrating. if liverpool had won i'd expect them to celebrate (i'd also expect rivals to give us the piss, like they did for us losing la liga by like 20 points) and i'd be more concerned about my team's mess up than how a rival is celebrating. it really isn't a big deal, happens in every sport, right from time. a couple weeks will go b, the excitement and anger will subside and we'll be checking the world cup

i don't see that petition going anywhere. the ref didn't view it as a malicious intent, and didn't put anything to that effect in his notes. it was a very unfortunate incident which can happen. ramos nor olynik are jiu jitsu experts
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 28, 2018 12:52 pm

agreed with danyjr, the situation is more pronounced because its ramos as he's had a huge wrap sheet with regards his plays on the pitch
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 pm

STOP picking on my favourite player!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Egyptian lawyer files €1 billion lawsuit against Ramos over Salah challenge

"Ramos intentionally injured Mo Salah and should be punished about his actions," he claimed. "I've filed a lawsuit and a complaint to FIFA.

"I'll ask for compensation, which could exceed €1 billion, for the physical and psychological harm that Ramos gave Salah and the Egyptian people."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/egyptian-lawyer-files-1-billion-lawsuit-against-ramos-over-salah-/8pnekokp56dg1ohs9e2yuh5wz
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next