Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
halamadrid2
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Napoli vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Napoli vs Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 pm

my point is that I don't think Zidane gives 3 shits about how we look as long as we win...  what he won't like is the effort of some.  But what he can do really... the effort issue is with some of the galactico players that he has no choice but to play.

It's not coincidence that once some of those galacticos get injured and younger, less talented BUT more active players take their place... we look a much better team.  

And I include Kroos in this btw.  At his current form, were much better with Isco.

In fact, I think that we'd play far better if Morata, Vasquez and Isco were starting.  But they can't.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:02 pm

i have a question. do you guys think zidane thinks this squad is perfect or does he just say that to keep the squad motivated? the reason i ask that is, i can't imagine him florentino and any other persons involved expecting a quiet summer. it should be obvious now that there are questions to be asked of certain members of the squad
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 pm

It was supposed to be an agitated summer this past year... but we won CL and we were on a winning streak. So management decided to give the squad another go. Ronaldo was scoping out pads in Paris and chatting it up with Laurent Blanc. World changes fast.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:my point is that I don't think Zidane gives 3 shits about how we look as long as we win...  what he won't like is the effort of some.  But what he can do really... the effort issue is with some of the galactico players that he has no choice but to play.

It's not coincidence that once some of those galacticos get injured and younger, less talented BUT more active players take their place... we look a much better team.  

And I include Kroos in this btw.  At his current form, were much better with Isco.

In fact, I think that we'd play far better if Morata, Vasquez and Isco were starting.  But they can't.

Kroos is ovverated for me. It seems he is allergic to through balls. Not very press ressistant. He is like a better version of Michael Carrick. He can't dribble, he rarely plays through balls but he is great at controlling games with his passing. Can't believe some people compared him to Xavi. He can't lace Xavi's boots.

Madrid lookig like they will walk this CL. THey never looked stressed even when Napoli scored. The team is always in 4th gear. They don't waste unecessary energy and they have the legs to kill teams off in the end. Morata coming on and doing what he does best Laughing

It's a very Italian team. Zidane has got the man management down to a tee. Very SAF like as I said previously. You play a high line they kill you with counters, you have a corner, they can score on a counter, they have the best aerial presence in Europe and have too many weapons as I said in a previous thread. Only team's that can truly worry them are Bayern now that Carlo will just sit back and PSG under Emery.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Silva and Marquinhos aren't big game CBs. That will catch up with PSg sooner or later.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:10 am

These post are hilarious kroos is overrated who on the team runs and press more than him? The comments on here is getting boring, idiotic of points from wanna be experts who keep missing the facts and just trying to scapegoat the same players over and over, if kroos is overrated pogba is dog shit Laughing.

Once and for all just admit that cr does a grand total of bleep all and his decision making is trash and he never runs, everybody known this for years just man up or shut up stop trying act like geniuses for throwing hardworking players under bus cause they don't have pace or shitty dribbling clueless morons.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:05 am

Best play of game was Benz going for a header in front of Ronaldo who already had it set up for goal after Bale had purposely put it to Ronaldo.

And yet they say there is good communication amongst the two of them.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:12 am

I am convinced people are numb to Ronaldo and Benzema and Bale playing badly.

Criticizing Kroos? i dont think people understand the role of a centre midfielder.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:51 am

@bill, Ronaldo was not only in an offside position but he got in Benzema's way too.

Benz: whenever there is a tough game fingers are pointed at the BBC.

Trying to measure himself with Ronaldo who can score as much as him with his eyes closed boy sit down Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 am

jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:my point is that I don't think Zidane gives 3 shits about how we look as long as we win...  what he won't like is the effort of some.  But what he can do really... the effort issue is with some of the galactico players that he has no choice but to play.

Kroos is ovverated for me. It seems he is allergic to through balls. Not very press ressistant. He is like a better version of Michael Carrick. He can't dribble, he rarely plays through balls but he is great at controlling games with his passing. Can't believe some people compared him to Xavi. He can't lace Xavi's boots.

Madrid lookig like they will walk this CL. THey never looked stressed even when Napoli scored. The team is always in 4th gear. They don't waste unecessary energy and they have the legs to kill teams off in the end. Morata coming on and doing what he does best Laughing

It's a very Italian team. Zidane has got the man management down to a tee. Very SAF like as I said previously. You play a high line they kill you with counters, you have a corner, they can score on a counter, they have the best aerial presence in Europe and have too many weapons as I said in a previous thread. Only team's that can truly worry them are Bayern now that Carlo will just sit back and PSG under Emery.

Kroos for me is at his best when played a bit deeper, in a regista role, but you need a water carrier alongside him. I would have liked Kante tbh. Kante-Kroos-Modric is a much more dynamic midfield than Modric-Casemiro-Kroos.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:26 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@bill, Ronaldo was not only in an offside position but he got in Benzema's way too.

Benz: whenever there is a tough game fingers are pointed at the BBC.

Trying to measure himself with Ronaldo who can score as much as him with his eyes closed boy sit down Laughing

Hala, you got the wrong play! I did see the one you are referring to and yes in that occasion it was Ronaldo getting in Benz way, but the play I'm referring to Bale was actually ahead of them, on left and both Ronaldo and Benz were onside. The ball was lined up by Ronaldo and Benz jumped in front of him, actually into him ruining the scoring opportunity.

I have another example of miscommunication. Later in game both Benz and Bale were just into box on left side. Bale takes a run with ball against a defender seemingly with no chance to beat him. He does and manages to centre the ball where noone is to be found. Bale turns to Benz who is still standing behind him just inside the box and says what the hell are you doing there, why didn't you move towards the goal?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Doc... I know you've watched Serie A and Italy NT over the years.  That's what they do.  They get a lead at home and look like a pub team away... because they sit back and invite pressure.  The idea is that, at worse, you concede a goal.  They also had a great counter attack so they expected to steal a goal in that period too.  They were terrors on set pieces.  Heck, Germany NT played this way too until the 00s.

If the game escaped them (and it rarely did), Italian teams changed tactics on a dime and went on the attack.

Not saying I agree with it or like it.  I hated Italy NT for playing this crap... and making it work.  But it's about playing the odds to win, quality of football be damned.

The big difference with this so called game plan / strategy was the Italians had very good collective defense. They could keep the opposition out of the box and just literally stand back and let them try to penetrate.

Our team, actually Spanish teams in general do not have that collective defensive skill (actually they need to be taught, and this coach seems incapable of that). Spanish teams rely on possession for defense.

So if it was a game plan, it was flawed from the get go.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 pm

We had that discipline until about 2 months ago. Then Kroos started to drift, Ramos became Ramos again and Varane started to make a few more errors. Marcelo... he never changed.

I just think we've lost concentration and intensity for a little bit now.

The wingers not defending much + Marcelo puts a lot of pressure on the CBs and CMs to be very very good. Any drop off there and it's felt much more than it would with proper wingers to help and a fullback who plays defense.

It is what it is. I doubt Zidane will change tactics unless we're actually behind. We're not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:16 pm

:brickwall: Still defending the French, no matter what!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Varane shits all over Ramos defensively... come on Bill.  Ramos is an emotional leader and a clutch goal scorer.  But as a defender?  He's really poor over the course of the season.

Because of the goals and his leadership, people tend to gloss over Ramos' defense. But Varane is all about defense. So when his defense falls off, it's obviously very noticed. Imagine if Ramos stopped scoring completely... would he even be a Madrid player at this point?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 pm

I was referring to your defense of Zidane and his so called strategy. I'm not defending anyone, let alone Ramos. Zidane got lucky yesterday, his strategy was flawed. When I made the comparison (Spanish to Italians), I said collective defense. When the Italians play back, they have at least 8 back and usually in 2 lines of 4 allowing no penetration into the box. Our team, and if I generalize Spanish teams in general, have no idea of how to play that way. Spanish teams play a collective defense by pressuring and controlling possession.

If Zidane strategy was as you say, then he ought to teach / instruct his players on how to play as the Italians do. However if he wants to rely on individual talent, then what we saw yesterday, is exactly what he asked for complete with the individual weaknesses that you keep pointing out.

A decent coach develops his strategies to take advantage of the individual skills on team and to cover the individual weaknesses that team has.

If you take off your french blinders for a moment, you would see what most of us are saying!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:41 pm

There was just 7 passes played between the BBC all game :facepalm: IT IS NOT WORKING. For the love of God just break it up....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:43 pm

We have too many flaws Bill that we need to compensate for.  Just to name a few:

- Marcelo not knowing how to defend
- Ramos being inconsistent in terms of his defensive performance (from amazing to crap and you don't know which one will show up)
- Ronaldo not playing on the wing and not defending
- None of our CMs capable of breaking lines or playing a through ball.
- Overall lack of speed on the team
- Navas having an off year

So first off, you need to put together something that creates a coherent group with the starting 11.  Given the lack of athleticism, the line gaps need to be small.  As a result, if you decide to play defensive, the CMs will be very low and the attack will be entirely reliant on counter attacks.  If you want to attack, the back 4 will need to play high...  which opens up space behind you.

Etc.

There's the reality of what a group is capable of doing and what you would ideally want to do.  Our group has a lot of strengths...  but also clear limitations tactically.  After a rough start to his tenure, Zidane decided that playing attacking football is really not possible without conceding a lot of goals.  However, the individual talents of our attacking players will allow us to score goals even within a defensive system... that's the decision that was made. If we want to play total football where we can execute both together, some tough decisions need to be made. Not a ton mind you... but you will need to change 2-3 player profiles.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 pm

kroos is a cm, yeah he's been off of late, but even at his best, his area of specialization isn't the creative spark in the final third which we lack. at his best, him and modric will spread the ball across the park, but the question regarding creativity in the final third still pops up, and that's not a question kroos nor modric can answer because its not their specialty.

that ramos is the one stepping up in these late situations bothers me. the same way it bothered me when marcelo was our prime creative outlet (which he might still be). i get it, attackers can't always be clutch especially in football, cos the defense swarms them. but from an attitude standpoint, if we had half of ramos' attitude on offense, during the start of games, we wouldn't be in this predicament

our play and attitude is too damn lukewarm.....ramos is still a blockhead on the defensive end of the floor though, that i'm praising him doesn't change anything, i wish he could be a better defender, but i guess u can't teach an old dog new tricks
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 am

After today's events, I think I can say I am fully grateful for the win.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:39 am

Just because sports is French doesn't mean his reasoning for Zidane is wrong. Just saying, we've had to deal with marcelo and ramos being error prone for years. we play defensively and use crossing because that's what are players are best at, simple as. and when I mean we play best defensively, I'm saying we would leak even more goals if we played offensively predominatly esp now that navas is matching san leaker in errors.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:12 am

Lastly on tony kroos, posters on here keep proving, you guys can't rate players to save your lives, kroos is overrated cause he lacks shitty dribbling, just like illarra was deemed not good enough for no reason yet back to la real very important for them, and fighting for cl spot what a scrub, but super mega talented pogba looks like clueless chump that clearly need a kroos/illarra to control the mid so he can do shitty tricks and idiots can rave about like before at Jj, when other real midfielder were doing the job and pogba was looking to do magic tricks, tricks that make sports hate on our mid especially kroos.

the nick great telling us how much of goat Ben afra was and how Benz need to be sold for shitty the dribbler, where is ben afra now? all style no substance just like these posts, how is James doing? Still struggling to fit? Shit attitude right hala?

Where is the expert gibberish when Benz scored a brace with his weak mentality self with no cr/bale or super sub, gets a chance to focus on scoring and he does that.

cr and bale comes back 1 shot all game, while cr and bale both with great chances to pass but rather turn away from goal to do shitty dribbles and then turn the ball over, rather than passing it to your freaking cf, this happens almost every game and every season for the guy, yet media and wanna be experts keep talking out their asses, you lot want free flowing footy then hope the buyless shit dribblers and get players with brains and maybe fans will grow one as well.

Never seen a fan base so obsessed with criticising players and tactics for the most stupid reasons, while consistently being dead wrong on 99% of the players you like Laughing and about wrong with the team remember isco first season and bale second, took you lot of jokers half season to figure out something so obvious.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 am

sportsczy wrote:Silva and Marquinhos aren't big game CBs. That will catch up with PSg sooner or later.

Heh seems sooner was correct sports. Did ya see psg choke?
Top. Kek.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down