halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 pm

One trophy down. Two still up for grabs.

Please don't start Asensio again.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:11 pm

What does Benz have to do to get benched? He has been stealing a living for nearly 10 years. Worst striker in our history. We have been blessed by the likes of Raul, RVN, Ronaldo etc and then you have this obese thing moving like he carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders

Danilo we can all agree on
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Start Asensio on the right please.

Anyway, what did Z try to do today ? Have Danilo playing as some kind of RW cutting in and Ramos switching from RCB to RB over the course of the game ? Asensio playing as LWB/LM limited to just crossing whereas he should play on the right ? Don't even want to talk about Isco. Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:30 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:What does Benz have to do to get benched? He has been stealing a living for nearly 10 years. Worst striker in our history. We have been blessed by the likes of Raul, RVN, Ronaldo etc and then you have this obese thing moving like he carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders

Danilo we can all agree on

What bothers me more is the fact that the Real Madrid board is completely satisfied with him. How can you be satisfied with such a lazy-ass CF? A slow, lazy, lethargic player with the work rate of a 90 year old.

With him and Ronaldo up front, and with Bale out injured, our attack is completely and utterly stagnant.

How can you, as a Real Madrid official, or the president, watch them every week and be satisfied with such lazy strikers? hasn't Flo looked at other teams and realized that "maybe, probably, we would be much, much better with strikers with superior work rate?

Benzema staying at the club for 8 years (and counting) is the joke of the decade.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:37 pm

this loss was just ridiculous. whilst i don't care for the copa del rey, our sense of urgency or lack thereof scares me, little to no aggressiveness whatsoever. i'm not saying i want us to run about the pitch like mad men, but from the beginning we never looked into getting in the game. you're not going to snap your fingers and win these kind of games....smh, just ridiculous
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 am

i find it hard to blame danilo for that own goal. his overall defense is shambolic, but that own goal was ill luck on both him and kiko, nothing he could do but just take that one on the chin.....but yeah relying on him whilst carvajal is out, is a very scary prospect
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:19 am

For me, it's hard not to blame Danilo when he seems to consistently make mistakes that lead to things like the own goal happening.

Bad luck, yes, but if he had gotten back in to position quicker (an issue he has always struggled with) he would have been in a better position not to knock the ball into the back of our own net.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 am

as i said, his overall defense and positioning are shambolic, our whole defense was also shambolic today, but that was more deflection than own goal....the whole team was just ridiculous, attack, nonexistent, i don't think defenders are scared of facing our offense, its been beyond ordinary....the inconsistency is just too much, and if this continues, we cannot afford to have a third straight quiet summer window....thank goodness that summer ban's lifted
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Danilo is poor, he is not a defender. his attacking is poor. I don't know what he contributes to the team.

Cristiano is so slow and has lost all of his dynamism. For once I think he is stifling benzema. He doesn't press, can run pass a defender and has lost his killer instinct in the box (reaction time)

There is no one with the ability to play a final pass. No one in the team who can link the midfield and the attacked. Kroos and Modric can play great passed from the midfield but who will play those great short passed that cause opposing defenses problems.

I think Asensio can play that role, but Zidane doesn't play with that system.

Using youth players. What the point of having an academy developing youth player if you're not going to use them. There are players in the youth team whi can come in and fill in better that the fringe players in the team. These players will have energy and the passion and well.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:31 pm

have you seen our academy lately? The well has run dry. Castilla is struggling in 3rd level futbol. All of the talent is out on loans.

You seem to forget that a lot of the wins we have this year is due to those fringe players you are saying should be replaced. I will give you Danilo, perhaps Morata in the past month, but don't agree with your assessment of the other fringe players.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Benzema covered 5 freaking kilometers (while carrying a sack of shit on his back) against Celta yesterday. There has to some fines against this kind of behavior.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 am

futbol_bill wrote:have you seen our academy lately? The well has run dry. Castilla is struggling in 3rd level futbol. All of the talent is out on loans.

You seem to forget that a lot of the wins we have this year is due to those fringe players you are saying should be replaced. I will give you Danilo, perhaps Morata in the past month, but don't agree with your assessment of the other fringe players.

i get your point

but only lucas vazquez, nacho and maybe kovacic were helpful.

but james, danilo, coentrao, morata even mariano are pretty much wasting space.

that is 5 spots that could be better utilized.

maybe a proper centre, deep lying or defensive midfielder could be one of those 5.

morata has come back after much hype and has gone back to his madrid form before he left for juventus. cant control, poor passing, poor decision making.

Im not saying all the youth teamers should play in the first team. but their must be competent, hungry players there.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 am

Ok I'll give you Coentrao in addition to Danilo.

Mariano is the 23rd player ( spot when used rarely plays). He will be going out on loan next year. He only made it when Benz wasn't getting over injury.

Morata had been useful this season. Yes he has had a real bad spot the past month, but earlier he played well and was key to some wins. He is the backup after all. Both Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in him, so he may well be gone next year. But you can bet it will not be a cantera to replace him.

James has struggled but he too has been key to some wins. He also may well be in greener pastures next season and again it will not be a cantera replacing him.

Why don't you list the players in the system  that can play better than what we have?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:40 am

hungry players can only do so much. yes they'll help, but at some point, you need skill. as futbol_bill said, its not like the castilla boys are setting their division on fire....if our front line keeps regressing, i'm all for going back to having forwards compete for that slot. neither morata nor benzema have pushed each other competitively.....they need to step up immediately, and guys who are constantly injured need to address that (bale), we didn't pay 100 million for the guy to keep getting hurt
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:33 pm

@ tito, i agree with the competition. ronaldo needs to compete for his spot as well.

@ bill, like i said all the players from the youth team wont make it, but there must be someone. whether in the youth side or a youth player on loan.

I dont follow the youth side as intimately as I should, but i've seen competent performances from febas and tejero. thats a centre mid and a left back who can play right as well.

in addition to that, there are player out on loan. llorentes.

dont get me wrong, i dont think youth teamers can solve the problem, but they are a piece of the formula to come up with a solution.

that being said, our summer activity before the season started was so poor, hindsight is 20/20 but the management team deserves a lot of blame for this.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:07 pm

I follow the youth as much as anyone! Sure there are prospects, that's why we have 18 players out on loan at higher levels than they would get in the academy. and sure a couple of potential bright spots in the academy (but no where near what has been there in past several years). Why are they out on loan? They are out to get the experienced you say isn't necessary.

What you don't seem to realize is the club has changed policies in past couple of years. They have dropped one Castilla team as there isn't the same quality, the one Castilla team is struggling in level 3 futbol, they have sent all talented youth over 18 out on loan (to better develop them) and this season we have more canteras or spanish youth than we have ever had (and the coach is playing them). All these are dramatic changes from what used to happen to academy players.

and it's the same players that you have been saying we should replace that displayed the hunger and pace you asked for earlier when we were winning games with a lot of the starters out injured.

As I said before I will give you Danilo and Coentrao, but I don't agree with your assessment on the others. and don't think for a moment that a Tejero playing well in a Copa game against a 3rd tier team means he would be ready to play liga games.

The philosophy for last summer was to keep the team (as Nick has described many times) together and filling two holes (backup CB and LB) waiting to see what transfer ban would turn out to be. The fact that these two (Morata and Coentrao) haven't worked out as well as hoped is a different mattter. And they haven't gone after the other hole (backup DM) as they are awaiting M. Llorente's progression.

This summer will be different with as many as 7 positions possible for change, most being what you are saying, but unfortunately the list does not include Ronaldo nor Benz. The best we can hope for is what Tito said sign players that can compete and challenge those two.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:25 pm

yea, i know about the amalgamation of the youth teams. I understand your point.

As you follow them more, who would you say are the possible graduates from the youth team to the first team. speaking hypothetically here.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm

None of them at least not in next 3 years. As I said earlier the well has run dry and all the talent over 18 is out on loan. It's those out on loans that have potential to possibly crack the 1st team. You have both Llorentes, Vallejo, Majoral, Odegaard, possibly a couple more that I'm not thinking about right now. Perhaps Hala could give you a couple more names. But most of these are at least another year away. The onus is on the players to show significant development on the loans, like both Carvajal and Morata did. To expect someone from 3rd level futbol to jump to a top team in top level futbol is just not realistic.

As I said earlier, we may get to see as many as 8 spots on roster changed this summer, but few of them will be replaced with canteras (or young Spaniards).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2