Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
jibers
Glory
S
67 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 13 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Mes que un club

Pique in 2013: "Real Madrid they spend 160m euros on three players: [Asier] Illarramendi, Isco and [Gareth] Bale.

"Barcelona can't do that, we know that we are different because we can compete with them without having to spend so much.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 13 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by danyjr Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Fartomeu Laughing

I'd love if Barça are forced to pay another €80m.

Més que un cuck
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:11 pm

I wanted him last summer but definitely not now, not after what happened. Cant help but feel this is another bad decision by our greedy president, he and his friends must get a lot of benefits our of these deals, or its a statement signing to show we wanna keep trying to stay at the top. Whatever it is, Griezmann definitely isnt the perfect solution to our team atm, but at least hes a top player who gives us options.

Valverde has to think of something to put a balanced team our from all these new players we have, but I just dont have much confidence he will be able to. I wouldnt be able to watch much more of the forced football we tried for much of last half of last season, it was painful to watch towards the end. We lack width and balance so much, and not freakin Roberto nor Semedo is gonna improve that, so I pray that Dembele stays fit. Or we could get Dani Alves back now thats hes FREE I read??? Or Griezmann would have to be flexible in stretching the play, but imagine it would be much like Alexis v.2, forced and not too effective.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Has FLOP written all over him.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:28 pm

If Griezmann is a flop at Barcelona, Valverde should be given a public beating imo. The man spent his entire career in La Liga, this is just a matter of getting adjusted to his new teammates.

Suarez to be benched or would Valverde try to get Suarez, Messi and Griezmann on the field at the same time?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Firenze wrote:BREAKING - #AtleticoMadrid confirm they are taking #FCBarcelona to court on signing of Antoine Griezmann, they believe they are entitled to an extra €80m
nothing will happen it's their fault for having something as stupid as a decreasing release clause in the first place lol.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Lol Nick, almost all contract have decreasing release clauses. The issue is player infringement. See previous, I posted to wrong thread!

futbol_bill wrote:Did any of you see the Barca response to delay and money?

They indeed go to the bank to get it! They took it from a line of credit saying it is their own money! What a pile of shit! A line of credit is indeed a loan. Granted it is backed up by club assets, but it is definitely a loan to which interest must be paid.

They may not be impoverished, but they definitely have cash flow issues, some of it by the way is borderline illegal re payroll requirements, in Spain for a non profit organization, which Barca is.

And @Nick, that extra penalty or tax for a hostile buyout no longer exists. What Atleti are suing for (80M) is that Barca approached their player while under contract and came to a agreement with player when the 200M was in effect. I think they are on solid grounds to win!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Suarez is aging a lot, so Griezmann is also bought probably with that in mind hopefully he can help that transition if not being the out right replacement.

We traditionally always play 4-3-3, so I guess Valverde will try that at the start - Suarez-Messi-Grizemann. That would mean Suarez or Griezmann or both have to roam around and take turns going wide, etc. But over time if Dembele is fit and continues to improve, I see Suarez slowly eased out. Or if it shows that that the main three isnt effective together, than Suarez and Grizemann will have to take turns starting.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:17 pm

how can barca be taking out lones to buy players. what happend to FFP rules scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

They about to take out another loan to pay Pathetico the remaining 80 million rofl
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Barca like Catalans don’t believe in rule of law!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Barca like Catalans don’t believe in rule of law!
shots fired Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 pm

@bill most players have a fixed clause, not one that decreases over the summer. This is obviously a scheme Griezmann asked for last summer when he renewed his deal, a way out in case he changed his mind. And he did as expected.

Atletico are stupid to have agreed to it, they won't get a single extra euro from barca, good luck with that waste in lawyer fees
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Perucho21 wrote:They about to take out another loan to pay Pathetico the remaining 80 million rofl

They have no way of actually providing evidence to back up their accusations lol

non story
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:40 pm

It's not like Barca don't have a history of talking to players behind their clubs' backs Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:34 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Mes que un club

Pique in 2013: "Real Madrid they spend 160m euros on three players: [Asier] Illarramendi, Isco and [Gareth] Bale.

"Barcelona can't do that, we know that we are different because we can compete with them without having to spend so much.

I actually remember when he said that, and remember people acting like barca never spent on players.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:40 am

That clause is interesting though. Griezmann must have a great agent to have Atletico include a yearly decreasing release clause.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:22 am

We are talking about player infringement! Sure it goes on all the time, but it is usually done through third parties and certainly not negotiations on contracts. There are rules against that! It was public knowledge that an agreement was reached months ago. I think Atleti have a strong case!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

Perucho21 wrote:That clause is interesting though. Griezmann must have a great agent to have Atletico include a yearly decreasing release clause.

I'm not too surprised.
Wasn't it that Griezmann was already about to leave, and had the basic ok to be sold from the club, a couple of years ago, to Man United?
But the transfer ban was confirmed and that fell apart, and as a sweetenter he instead got a new contract and raise and I could imagine that's when the falling clause was inserted.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:12 am

Unique wrote:how can barca be taking out lones to buy players. what happend to FFP rules scratch

2 different financial issues Unique. One is cash on hand. Clubs if they don’t have capital set aside, which is often then they have to take it out of bank. In some cases that necessitates a loan. Real M. did so the year they bought Ronaldo and Kaka. This year they have set aside 300M plus what they had left from last years budget, as most of signings were done before July, last year’s budget and they will make up any difference with player sales. In Barca case, they not only are borrowing for player acquisitions, they also are borrowing for salaries!

The FFP is a different animal altogether, which clubs like City and PSG seem to get around it somehow! I suspect Barca are borderline right now with Griezmann and I believe would definitely be in violation in Neymar were to come.

As I said earlier, they are not impoverished, but definitely have cash flow issues. (As an aside, that seems to be normal business practice for Catalans!). Also this whole Neymar soap opera is a non starter!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Wishful thinking, dear Bill. I hear the same story every summer but it's Barcelona who's breaking transfer record after transfer record.

Barca plans to earn way over 100M this summer from sales (they already earned about 70M) and I firmly believe the club won't be in any financial danger even if the Neymar transfer was to go trough.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:06 pm

financial health, cash flow and FFP are different subjects, issues! Are you able to comprehend the differences?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:That clause is interesting though. Griezmann must have a great agent to have Atletico include a yearly decreasing release clause.

I'm not too surprised.
Wasn't it that Griezmann was already about to leave, and had the basic ok to be sold from the club, a couple of years ago, to Man United?
But the transfer ban was confirmed and that fell apart, and as a sweetenter he instead got a new contract and raise and I could imagine that's when the falling clause was inserted.

I think I'm more surprised on how Atletico were coerced to include such a clause, especially when it's their best player. Certainly Griezmann would force a move if that clause wasn't included. Its certainly Atleticos fault and it's a smart but shady move from Barca.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:48 pm

@perucho, because the indication was that griezmann wanted to leave last season. they didn't know if he'd stay and you know he had that whole thing he copied from lebron; shooting a video of his decision. besides an improved contract, i think it was either an act of goodwill from atleti (Which i doubt) or the players' agent negotiated that as part of his conditions to extend. with the understanding that the player might change his mind thus allowing for a relatively easier exit
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:23 am

@myesyats
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:55 am

it's a complex operation for a club like barcelona to borrow 35 millions? he sounds like an idiot
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next