BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:59 pm

If there was ever a spiritual successor to Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, that show is it. Loved it.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Lucifer Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:39 pm

Views on Dave Chapelle's latest special??

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Lucifer wrote:Views on Dave Chapelle's latest special??

Loved it. Hilarious as f and the man gives zero fucks. The epilogue is worth watching too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Been watching a bunch of documentaries/true crime stuff on Netflix this year, just finished watching Murder Mountain, decent mini-series.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:38 am

M99 wrote:

Loved it. Hilarious as f and the man gives zero fucks. The epilogue is worth watching too.

Thank god am not the only one. People are really bashing him for "punching down" lol. I admit even I felt "are we really going there?" on some occasions but all in all liked it thoroughly.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:56 pm

It was a great special. It wouldn't be great if it wasn't controversial. That's where Dave lives and it's where he thrives.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Fantastic. Not controversial at all. People are so sensitive everything is controversial for them these days.

I call it common sense.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2124
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 pm

loool i enjoyed it, mans is still one of the best out there, and one of the only few comedians i'll make effort of listening to
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:28 am

The Dark Crystal show is pretty good. I don't remember the original movie at all that this is a prequel for, but this is pleasantly surprising for it being done with puppets. Ridiculous cast too. Star-studded. It's very well done.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:45 am

Bill Burr special coming as well. Netflix spoiling us with real comedy.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:18 am

Chappele's new special was garbage ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:38 am

Firenze wrote:Chappele's new special was garbage ffs

Please elaborate.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:49 am

I just found it dull and not funny outside of a couple bits

I liked his sketch show but this was the first time I'd watched one of his specials

shitting on SJW's etc I had no problem with before you think that's why I found it shit, I actually agree on a lot of the stuff he was talking about, like outrage/cancel culture.

although who knows, maybe the MJ comments early on did influence my mood for the rest of the special as that's one thing that had me like really m8?

anyway, comedy is subjective and I personally didn't like his story-telling delivery here

more hyped for the Bill Burr special

although I saw a lot of ppl saying the Q&A epilogue thing was better than the actual special and I havent seen that
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:12 pm

I find it really ironic how these comics are supposedly being censored and they're "not allowed to say this"...

I wish that was true, because in that case by wouldn't have like 80 stand-up specials from dudes with the same material called "triggered SJW's" or something like that.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Kingdom's 2nd season will be in 2020 but no official release date yet
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Finally watching The Boys. Finished Epi 6 last night. Love it. Even my wife, who dislikes almost every superhero tv show/movie, is pretty into it. The only bad thing about it seems to be the name.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Binged both The Dark Crystal on Netflix and Carnival Row on Amazon over this long Labor Day weekend.

Loved the Dark Crystal and I say that as someone who doesn't remember the original movie. Netflix and the Henson family did good work here. This might very well be the best use of puppets I've ever seen. The story and characters aren't particularly new, yet the willingness of the writers to make this darker than it's PG-rating suggests was something that took me by surprise in the best possible way.

Carnival Row is going to scratch the itch for those that miss Penny Dreadful. It's very much a show in that vein, though it leans far more into the fantasy aspect of those worlds. It's just as dark and adult though I don't think it's better written, Penny Dreadful has it beat there....for now at least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am

Watched Chappelle's special and I agree with Firenze's post.

A lot of it was 'smile' and 'sensible chuckle' but that's it. Few real laughs. Rest boring. Felt like his last special. He made no effort in this one but then he doesn't need to.

Wasn't controversial though imo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Chapelle is my top english speaking comedian. Would never call this latest special garbage, it was good, it just wasn't Chapelle-good.

His last one and most if his other ones were better. Nothing to do with controversy, he has the tact and the delivery on point, but just some of it wasn't lough out loud great. Loved the LGBTQ car analogy.

Not his strongest special.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Freeza wrote:I find it really ironic how these comics are supposedly being censored and they're "not allowed to say this"...

I wish that was true, because in that case by wouldn't have like 80 stand-up specials from dudes with the same material called "triggered SJW's" or something like that.

I agree with this. More than any SJW complaining about stand up content, its comedians using that as an easy topic. Every other comedian complains about this censorship yet everyone (rightfully) says whatever they want to say.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 am

rincon wrote:Chapelle is my top english speaking comedian. Would never call this latest special garbage, it was good, it just wasn't Chapelle-good.

His last one and most if his other ones were better. Nothing to do with controversy, he has the tact and the delivery on point, but just some of it wasn't lough out loud great. Loved the LGBTQ car analogy.

Not his strongest special.
wondering what your top non English speaking comedians are now. Don't think I follow any Spanish speaking comedians, most argentine ones I know of are trash
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Just watched Bill Burr special Paper Tiger. Man started off where Chappelle stopped Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Lucifer wrote:Just watched Bill Burr special Paper Tiger. Man started off where Chappelle stopped Laughing

Burr's was funnier than Chappelle's though. I very much prefer his style.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Just watched Bill Burr special Paper Tiger. Man started off where Chappelle stopped Laughing

Burr's was funnier than Chappelle's though. I very much prefer his style.

Don't know about funny but bill was more "sinscere" if you will imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Watched 2 episodes of Criminal

It's okay. Nothing special. Line of Duty is miles better tbh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next