BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:La Casa De Papel is so much superior to stranger things as a Netflix Original.

Season 3 :bow:

It is better but I don't think the difference is as vast as you are implying.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Sina Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:38 pm

I finally finished Korean show i was watching,will get to La Casa De Papel soon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:La Casa De Papel is so much superior to stranger things as a Netflix Original.

Season 3 :bow:

Its a modern day Prison Break. Lots of suspense and cheap cliffhangers. Too many episodes' plot relies on characters making dumb decisions. I really needed to turn my brain off to enjoy it. It is good, but for me Stranger Things is better. Will get to watching season 3 later.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:49 am

M99 wrote:Too many episodes' plot relies on characters making dumb decisions. ==

I read a similar opinion somewhere on the world wide web earlier..... I think somebody mentioned a very common device in film-making nowadays where the plot 'relies' on one character keeping crucial information to themselves, then going to solve the issue on their own where it is painfully obvious they should not. I think this is very true in that this device is widely overused.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:29 am

RealGunner wrote:Hmm you might be right

It was initially intended as a limited series and premiered on 2 May 2017 on Spanish network Antena 3. Antena 3 distributed the series in Spain before Netflix acquired it in late 2017; Netflix edited the series and re-released it worldwide.

I wonder how you find the Spanish in it BC (if you watch it) considering your familiarity with Latin American Spanish ? One of my Latina friend always finds some of the words funny since it's in European Spanish.

No such thing as latin american spanish (regardless of what office has to say on the subject). Things may be dubbed to a generic 'latino' but people speak distinctly in each country, or even within. I sometimes struggle understanding Chileans, Mexicans or Panamanians, not so much with the Spanish version (although even within Spain there is a lot of diversity too).

Useful chart for English speakers (from the perspective of someone that learned English in the US):

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 19 Da03dcokgqa31

I haven't watched it yet, keep meaning to.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:09 am

I can't stop laughing about Chace Crawford's Aquaman parody character rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:19 pm

The ending to season 3 of La casa de papel....

:bow:

can't wait for season 4

Some of these actors are phenomenal
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:08 am

Freeza wrote:I can't stop laughing about Chace Crawford's Aquaman parody character rofl

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:08 pm

finally watching the boys, on the 4th ep, it's great.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Netflix canceled the OA

@James
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 pm

gonna watch this soon since it just released
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 pm

ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:18 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Netflix canceled the OA

@James

I canceled my Netflix subscription. It will end right on time for me to finish binging Season 2 of Mindhunters. They will most likely cancel this also after season 3.

After cancelling Santa Clarita Diet and now this, I'm done with Netflix. Can't wait for end of 2020 when The Office officially leaves this dying wasteland and they lose all of their remaining subscribers.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 am

Still think they have plenty of good shows but yeah this was really disappointing, I liked The OA and my wife absolutely loved it and is devastated. Might include netflix in the list of subscriptions I rotate though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Sacred Games S2 anyone

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Lucifer wrote:Sacred Games S2 anyone

Is it out?

I hyped it like years ago.

Not sure whether to watch Dark first, The naked director first or that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Still think they have plenty of good shows but yeah this was really disappointing, I liked The OA and my wife absolutely loved it and is devastated. Might include netflix in the list of subscriptions I rotate though.

I wanted to watch that for Brit and batman but i don't know now. Worth it still?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Is it out?

Yes, tomorrow (12 am IST)

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Mindhunter season 2 was great. Wish it were longer though ffs. The casting in the show is always phenomenal.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Three episodes in. Love this fucking show.

Really the best looking show on TV right now.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 pm

Yup, this show is fantastic.

So many excellent scenes. The interviews are amazing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:18 am

I only watched S01E01 and for some reason it didnt captivate me enough to watch the second episode.

I have 1 ep of Casa de papel left, then 13 Reasons Why comes out and then maybe it'll be time for Mindhunter

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Currently watching. Getting to halfway point. Not as dope as first season so far for me.

Also watched Orange is the New Black final season. Was reasonably good. Satisfying.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:28 am

So Sacred games 2 is good. Had its flaws. But overall very satisfying final few episodes. And the acting again in this is just excellent throughout. Highly recommending.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:49 am

Just watched The Dragon Prince S1 & S2. Enjoyed it a lot. S3 is supposed to be sometime this year so looking forward to that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:59 pm

If there was ever a spiritual successor to Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, that show is it. Loved it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next