Mr Nick09
Doc
halamadrid2
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid Empty Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 am

While the boring internationals come to an end, it'd be a good idea to start our discussion on this very important game. With Barca hot on our heels we can not afford to lose this game. However with all our injuries it'd be a miracle if we didn't. Zizou has a few conundrums to ponder with Ramos nearly fit to play the derby, will he risk him in a game of such magnitude?? With Benz working hard to get back for the game, would it even be worth it if he started judging by his poor record against this opponent?? What formation do we play and if we play a 433 is a midfield of Modric/Kova/Isco even strong enough to be able to contain Atleti's attack?

Some team news for both teams:

Juanfran and Gabi were not called up by Spain. So they will be fully rested. Gaitan is unlikely to make the game as he is nursing an injury, they have no other significant injuries of note. With Marcelo's suspension Luis will play in Brazil's next game so Marcelo will be nicely rested for the game. Koke and Griezmann will probably not play any part in their respective team's friendlies so they too will get some deserved rest.

Our team news:

-Benz, Pepe and Casemiro have made the derby their targeted return. Looks more like they are being rushed back than anything else tbh. Wouldn't want Casemiro aggravating his injury and hus presence is more important against Barca. While Benz playing will just waste a sub and waste however long he'll be on the pitch dragging his feet around

-Ramos is the one most likely to make it for the game having nearly joined the rest of the group for intense training

-Both Kova and Modric played a half each in Croatia's qualifier and have been sent home to train with RM. Nice of their coach to do that

-Marcelo has a suspension so will not play in Brazil's next game

-Varane's France are playing a friendly next, would be incredibly cruel of Deschamps if he made him partake in that meaningless game

-Portugal don't have any more games after the qualifier today

-Wales don't have any more games so Bale should be back in training soon

-Spain will play a friendly and with so much competition in that team I don't even see a single player that started the Macedonia game starting the England game too.

-Only Navas and James will join the group late but one will probably not feature in the derby and the other is a goalie

------------------------------------

It's going to be a tough game but the only way we get something out of the game is if we attack and defend as a team. I am dreading the line up tbh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid Empty Re: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid

Post by Doc Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Internationals haven't been kind to this poster and would definitely be cruel come this week so I like this thread. It is a pleasant distraction from WCQ ambitions.

Um, despite our rather unfortunate injury predicament, I still expect:
A good performance
A win
Zidane to do the "right" thing

Looking forward to Kova's performance in this match, however it may be.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:01 pm

You expect a win with our injury list. Damn your expectations are high hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:12 pm

It's Madrid. They are always high. It's a derby as well so I want a win. I guess in that sense, it's more a want than an expectation.

In any case, if we lose, we'll complain like we expected a win so why not go all in.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Nothing less than a win is acceptable
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Kovacic now injured and probably won't make the game. This is getting silly Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Morata out for a month rofl just play the Castilla players on Sunday and be done with it. At this point we won't have enough players to form a bench Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Let me guess fat ass unfit Benzema will play, will be shit and injure himself for some more weeks (as if he is ever good vs Atletico anyway).

Ronaldo as CF and Asensio. On the left ?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Let me guess fat ass unfit Benzema will play, will be shit and injure himself for some more weeks (as if he is ever good vs Atletico anyway).

Ronaldo as CF and Asensio. On the left ?

Ronaldo as CF and Lucas on the right. Bale on the left?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Just waiting for Ashton to pop out and say I've been punk'd and wish us luck in the Madrid derby with a full roster of our 1st teamers.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 pm

another injury yet again, something isn't right
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:16 am

These are the moments that separate true gladiators from pretenders. These are the moments where the team's heart and grit are put to the test. These are the moments that win you the title.

Yes, we're plagued by injuries, but that shouldn't be an excuse to lose or draw. If the players we have left put their hearts into this game, they'll win.

Some people work harder in situations like these while others prefer to get comfortable and lazy, and use the injury excuse to lose or draw.

In a couple days, we'll know whether our team is a team of pretenders or gladiators, whether we're really serious about winning this league or just keeping the first spot warm for Barça to take it the second we face a heavyweight.

I expect nothing less than a win. Don't disappoint me.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:31 am

No they won't.  Talent and team play win football games...  not only are we now less talented on the pitch than Atleti, but also the 11 we'll put out there have likely never played together, or at the least very very rarely.

It would be a miracle if we get a result in this game.  We can do it of course... but the only way is if we park the bus and counter.  If we actually try and play, we'll get smoked.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:13 am

We look very light in the middle of the pitch. But the injuries to Benz and Morata will surely make us play a 442 and Lucas a guarantee to start. Lucas and Carvajal together vs Luis should be our best utilised wing. I know it's a proper mismatch but I'd have Bale and Ronaldo playing together up front, if not for their ability to win headers from long balls and gks at least for their ability to score from crosses. This will also allow Isco to play on the left and therefore we will actually have players that stick to their wings for a change. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw going into the game, it could obviously change during the game

Demon, we are not playing Valencia or Sevilla here we are playing last year's CL finalists at THEIR ground
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 am

Also Lopetegui is a moron. Morata got the injury against Macedonia and he still subbed him on against England knowing full well he could aggravate it. Also Carvajal played 90mins in both games despite being super injury prone and now will have played 3 high intensity games in the space of a week. If there is any odds going for who will be the next guy to get long term injured Carvajal would be a good bet smfh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:05 pm

How so Hala? After the first game, both Morata and Lopetegui said it was only a precaution and that injury was nothing much. After second game, Morata didn't even mention it. It was a couple of days later that it was discovered as a problem. You have to look at Morata if you want to point fingers on this one. Kid is just trying to prove himself (on both teams) and thought he could play through it. If coach asks you if you are ok and you say yes, then that's on you, not the coach and not on medical staff!

You always take a very much Real Madrid interest viewpoint on seleccion, but reality is that coach needs to do what is in best interest of that team not to favour any club's interest.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Benz is likely a go, back in full training today.

Lineup is going to be
Ronaldo as CF, Bale on left and Lucas on right, if Benz doesn't go, otherwise it is BBC. They still have Mariano as a backup CF if needed. Plus Asensio is available.

Midfield is Modric, Kova (he is ok) and Isco. james is only midfieder available.

D is Marcelo, Nacho, Varane, Carvajal. Ramos may be available, plus there is Coentrao and Danilo.

That lineup isn't as bad as has been made out here!

I think it comes down to coach's tactics, but we don't want to discuss that!

By the way Perez announced this week that they plan to bring back both Vallejo and Marcos Llorente next summer for 17/18.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:27 pm

Well, if you think about it Futbol Senior, most of us would have a more Madrid viewpoint when it comes to Spain considering said most would not be Spanish but I get your point.

Also, injuries are part and parcel of football. Morata could have gotten injured doing an assortment of things including however Benzema gets himself injured.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Benzema has completed his training session and there's a good chance he'll start tomorrow. Ramos  has completely recovered and will start.

Squad List:

Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla and Rubén Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Coentrão and Danilo.
Midfielders: James, Kovacic, Modric, Asensio and Isco.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez and Mariano.

Probable Lineup: Navas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Kovacic, Isco; BBC.

We still have enough talent to win this game. We must win at the Calderon if we want to have a chance of winning the league.

The ability of a team to cope with injuries and still get results even against the toughest opponents is what makes them champions.

Carlo didn't win the league because he dropped points against Atlético and Barça almost every time we met. So if we really want the league, we must win tomorrow.

...or we could lose/draw and use the injury excuse to make ourselves sleep better at night.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:51 pm

By the way, Nick advised me in other thread that I fell for a reporter story, supposedly Perez announcing Marcos Llorente and Vallejo being brought back from loans next summer! The Marcos part of story not a surprise and makes sense, but Vallejo in a year when we can't buy and don't plan any sales putting 5 CBs in roster doesn't makes logical sense for next season. Year later, but not next.

So I apologize for accepting a story I saw on TV!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:04 pm

So Benzema gets himself injured on purpose now? Higuain flopping must have hit hard after that little parade, this section getting more desperate by the day, so desperate to critical Laughing, surprise how morata injury isn't some how his fault, with garbage logic on here.

anyway win is still possible as long as cr doesn't scrub it with his selfishness, everybody else will do their job.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:No they won't.  Talent and team play win football games...  not only are we now less talented on the pitch than Atleti, but also the 11 we'll put out there have likely never played together, or at the least very very rarely.

It would be a miracle if we get a result in this game.  We can do it of course... but the only way is if we park the bus and counter.  If we actually try and play, we'll get smoked.

Lmao more talented? Stop preparing zidane excuses already, their better coached that it.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:20 am

agreed with Chadinho, Atletico are not more talented, they have good player, but they are better coached to play as a unit. Except for Godin and Griezmann,
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:24 am

Timing of my post.... that was the time when Benzema, Kovacic and Modric weren't going to play. With those 3, we're obviously just as talented.

And please look at the standings before saying who is "better coached".

For some reason the fact that we're undefeated and in first place makes Zidane a bad coach Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:48 am

You know, just occurred to me Nick underestimates Zidane as a coach as I underestimate the team to follow specific instructions.

As for "better coached as a unit", understandable when you consider the achievements Atletico made under Simeone and I wouldn't consider Zizou to be a better coach than him.

However, Zidane took this talented yet fragmented group of players, shook off the madness that was Rafa and got them to play good enough football to:
Win the UCL (albeit through a relatively easy path)
Stay unbeaten after the Atleti loss to tie with Barca on points in La Liga last season
Stay unbeaten this season

I wouldn't say we are "less coached" than Atleti at this juncture but you know, that's my take on that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next