Adit
chad4401
Curtinho
Valkyrja
FelixMagic
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cr7 has never been a great dribbler

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:10 pm

El Kommander wrote:Pure jealousy from a scorned  bride. Ronaldo's success must eat at a lot of people here. You must need sleeping medication after he won the Euros and Champions from  the pure rage you felt from seeing him become the all time king.

The onl player better at dribbling than Ronaldo in his prime was Messi and it was close.

I highly disagree. Messi has always been the better dribbler, by quite a substantial margin. I don't know if he's the greatest dribbler of all time, but he's without a doubt the most fantastic dribbler I've ever seen - at least, from an efficiency perspective. People used to argue that C. Ronaldo was the "more complete" player, but that matters little when Messi's dribbling ability was so good that he could almost single-handedly drive the ball to the final third of the pitch.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cr7 has never been a great dribbler

Post by Kebab Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:46 pm

He was great when his attempt was successful. But he was inconsistent at them. Half of his attempts failed.this is why he is not known as a great dribbler.

Example his video about his top 10 best dribbles ever. Well Messi makes more that kind of dribblings in 2 months than CR did in his career. Constancy is difference for me and CR has never been in first tier. I'd take robben di maria neymar iniesta over him any day
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Fakenaldo is a bum in dribbling, nowadays. He was once good on it, not all time level great but good, when he was in United. When he started competing with Messi in goal scoring, he deteriorated his overall game, including dribbling.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:03 pm

are we talking about dribbling or beating a man. if your talking about dribbling then I would have to say Ronaldo was not one of the best. but when it comes to beating a man then he is/was one of the best.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Unique wrote:are we talking about dribbling or beating a man. if your talking about dribbling then I would have to say Ronaldo was not one of the best. but when it comes to beating a man then he is/was one of the best.
Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 16k57woCr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 Giphy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Isn't beating your man without dribbling like... passing?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:04 pm

jibers wrote:
Unique wrote:are we talking about dribbling or beating a man. if your talking about dribbling then I would have to say Ronaldo was not one of the best. but when it comes to beating a man then he is/was one of the best.
Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 16k57woCr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 Giphy
Laughing Laughing well imo dribbling is all about the ball sticking to your feet and great close control. beating a man like Ronaldo does is about he doing a few step overs and leaving a man for dead with speed. I see them as 2 different things but that's just my opinion cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Lol.. Ronaldo has never been anywhere close to messi in dribbling wether at his peak or not. Infact, they've never even been in thesame tier Very Happy That being said, back in the day ronaldo was very good at it tbh. Though he didn't do it with much more flair as I'd have hoped (say Ronaldo lima/Ronaldinho) but he was very good at it albeit with mostly pace. It also didn't help that he was seeing as a one trick pony since step-overs was his main weapon almost all the time (ala Robinho).

So yes he was a good dribber in his day but he didn't do it with much flair imo, hence it didn't come off naturally most times even if it still got the job done.

I'd easily take Neymar, Iniesta, Hazard, Messi, Robben over him today

Last edited by Bankz on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:39 pm

he was an okay dribbler, not great. the OP is right in that regard. at his peak with utd, i don't think his dribbling ability was what awed fans, at least not me. i was awed by those rocket shots, the free kicks, his ability to get into goal scoring positions, lightning quick pace, and he was fairly acrobatic. he had the skills, the step-overs and the tricks....but guys like robinho and ronaldinho were more dangerous than him whether from a stationary point, or dribbling on the run...cristiano wasn't as dangerous from a stationary point

then you also had guys like robben, kaka, messi,henry, riquelme, who didn't always do the stepover/flicks but were also very effective in their approach and better than him. he was an alright dribbler, i won't say great though. he had lots of neat tricks, but would at times overdo them and lose the ball. i don't think he had one go to dribble move that constantly worked for him

i always thought figo was a much better dribbler than cristiano
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:28 pm

@titto Figo is a better dribbler than ronaldo and its not even close tbh.. So I think you shouldn't be sorry about it cause you're spot-on.
As for robinho, he was always a better dribbler than cristiano especially with his quick feets in tight spaces. My only problem with robinho was that he loved step-overs one too many and that kind of made him predictable in his later years.. It was his go-to move most of the time, same with ronaldo except Robinho did it with much more flair.. Yes messi and robben have been effective over the years but what I hate most in players is when your moves become too predictable as it removes the spectacle. Something Neymar will always have above Cristiano and Robinho

I'd rather easily have Neymar than both and any other dribbler in the world right now (Bar messi of course)
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 am

titosantill wrote:he was an okay dribbler, not great. the OP is right in that regard. at his peak with utd, i don't think his dribbling ability was what awed fans, at least not me. i was awed by those rocket shots, the free kicks, his ability to get into goal scoring positions, lightning quick pace, and he was fairly acrobatic. he had the skills, the step-overs and the tricks....but guys like robinho and ronaldinho were more dangerous than him whether from a stationary point, or dribbling on the run...cristiano wasn't as dangerous from a stationary point

then you also had guys like robben, kaka, messi,henry, riquelme, who didn't always do the stepover/flicks but were also very effective in their approach and better than him. he was an alright dribbler, i won't say great though. he had lots of neat tricks, but would at times overdo them and lose the ball. i don't think he had one go to dribble move that constantly worked for him

i always thought figo was a much better dribbler than cristiano

If I'm not mistaken, he had a fairly long period during the 09-10 season where he dribbled past players relatively consistently, and with little flair to his dribbling. I remember having a discussion with MT about it. Even MT admitted that he was a consistently good dribbler back then, and I'm pretty sure he's always wanted C. Ronaldo replaced by someone else Razz As for his go-to dribble move, that definitely has to be the heel flicks - which he still uses fairly regularly, although the purpose isn't always to get past a player, but rather create space between him and the opposing player.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:02 am

@thimmy cristianos go-to move is the step over imo. While the heel draw back is also up there
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:52 pm

This was always the move I associated with him most:

It's also always been pretty effective for him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:50 pm

liked when he did that move against espanyol last season for a goal. @thimmy, my point was that he wasn't a great dribbler, he was good no doubt, but there are other people i think of when i say 'great'. and his dribbling as i mentioned before wasn't among the top things that impressed me about his football...he had/has other assets that i considered much more dangerous. to execute the heel chop you need a little bit of space and running motion, which suits cristiano...he was good, not great, especially not from a stationary standpoint (back when pique and alvez used to shut him down) and even at his peak he's had way too many dribble mishaps
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Early into his Madrid career i remember him taking on players with ease and scoring a few nice solo goals beating several defenders. Coincidentally i happened to see this on my feed the other day
Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 Cu6PALoWgAAYgzp
Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  - Page 2 Cu6OzrxWIAA9RD8

His statistics doesn't look all that bad considering it's in comparison to arguably the greatest dribbler of all time and it's not even Man Utd Ronaldo which was his peak dribbling wise. I can't seem to find dribbling statistics from his Utd days unfortunately, it would've been really interesting to compare them to his Madrid days.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:39 pm

While I understand you, there's no way ronaldo was ever close to messi (at his peak) irrespective of what the stats say tbh.. I'm not blaming you afterall you didn't make up those stats, but I'm just trying to wonder how they come about these things when I see a clearly different thing. Messi is not just a better dribbler but he is better by quite some sizeable distance only guys like maradona comes close.
So what I'm saying in essence is that the stat you showed is quite misleading, again its not a knock on you but those who put these things up to make it seem like its closer than it really is..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:23 pm

It's cool, you don't have to over-clarify yourself. You have your opinion and i respect that, although i never implied that Ronaldo was remotely close to Messi.

As for the stats they aren't all that misleading imo, Messi on average having what, twice as many dribbles per game throughout the years surely counts as "a sizeable distance".

Also the one who made the chart runs a barca account as you can see in the right hand corner so i doubt there's any hidden agenda to make Ronaldo look better Laughing

But of course stats are stats and they don't tell the whole story (such as Messi often dribbling in areas with more traffic thus it being more difficult) but it is what it is.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2