guest7
halamadrid2
Cyborg
Bankz
The Demon of Carthage
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid

Post by Adit Tue 27 Sep - 12:42

2 silly mistake from Navas and Carvajal gave away what would have been a deserving win.

I really liked the heart and effort showed by the team and how we didn't really panic with the ball. James Rodriguez is useless and have no idea what to do when he doesn't have acres of space to cross. Had we played with a proper mid instead of James we could've attack them much more.

Varane,Modric,Kroos,Ronaldo,Danillo were fantastic.

Navas,Carvajal,Benzema,Bale not so good.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Tue 27 Sep - 12:42

everything out there was ridiculous. we have no excuse in this game. in the past i'd say we have problems when teams sit back, but dortmund didn't sit back, they felt we were a bunch of prima donnas on the pitch and could take us...for the first time ever i'm hoping we have a couple of gems in castilla that can actually play. the thought of this exact same group for yet another year really scares me
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 27 Sep - 12:44

Compared to Fatzema and Batman, Ronaldo was very good. Easily the best out of the 3. Directly involved in both goals.

Seriously now, Varane is an insane defender. Easily the best out there imo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 27 Sep - 12:46

Ronaldo was pathetic.  WTF are you talking about. Sure he scored a goal. But he was botched many other chances just by not releasing the ball or just plain missing.

Bale is having a hard time existing with Ronaldo out there and we were MUCH better with Bale making decisions in the final 1/3.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue 27 Sep - 12:47; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 27 Sep - 12:47

Danilo fantastic ? Both Dembele and Pulisic got the better out of him many times. We need Marcelo back, he's indispensable
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 27 Sep - 12:48

As if Marcelo would defend anything. Come on dude Laughing

I want Nacho out there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 27 Sep - 12:48

sportsczy wrote:Ronaldo was pathetic. WTF are you talking about.

WTF are you talking about ? Apart from James and Fatzema there isn't a player in our team you could call pathetic in this game
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 27 Sep - 12:48

the shape of the team might need to change....this 4 3 3 (especially without a DM) is spent. nobody up front played well, nobody up front has played well the last 3/4 games. i trust they will start on the weekend again, as well as the week after that and the following week also and the week after until an injury occurs
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue 27 Sep - 12:49

sportsczy get your anti ronaldo glasses off to see clearer, Ronado was our best forward but he wasnt 100%. Not a bad game but not a dissapointing one
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 27 Sep - 12:51

There's one simple adjustment Zidane needs to make... when we have the lead late, bring in a defender to play DM. Kroos and Modric are awful and blocking the area in front of the CBs. Blind side runs with nobody picking them us is killing us late. Casemiro used to handle those... somebody else has to.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 27 Sep - 12:52

Zidane should get us play football first. Dortmund were clearly the better team. Much better in fact.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue 27 Sep - 12:56

Benzema blackmailing Zidane probably. No way at this form Benzema starts above Morata on merit. He plays like grandpa for real. That slip and then that miss.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 27 Sep - 12:58

dortmund was the better side....adit, mrnick, n demon's concerns are looking true with each passing week. one was under the impression that teams parking the bus is what hurts us, but damn even when teams open up, you get the feeling they'll score on every chance....we didn't sign any players just to play this way week in week out?!? its ridiculous. btw even without casemiro, i expected a win against las palmas (i don't care how well they're playing this season, we shouldn't need casemiro to beat them)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 27 Sep - 13:04

Without Marcelo we lack the cutting edge needed in games like this. Danilo was decent but didn't add anything offensively.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 27 Sep - 13:04

@tito...  BBC has only been back together for 3 games...  low and behold, we're not looking as sharp since.  They're all 3 out of form.  They will find it... but it will take some games. It's basically preseason for them.

With Casemiro, we were winning the close games because we were very good at blocking the game to protect the score.  We can't do that anymore.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 27 Sep - 13:12

lol stop bringing marcelo up, i'd like to have him fit. but let's not make him a hero when he too was doing a lot of stupid things before the injury. @sports, they can sit on the bench while they're finding it. not have us drop points all over the place. when they've found it, get back to starting
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue 27 Sep - 13:20

Well, bale had a proper pre season imo. He played the euros too. The truth is that dortmund were simply the better team in this game. Varane was epic too while ronaldo was very good, even if not fantastic.

The main culprits here are zidane, james and benzema.. Simply put, madrid are playing probably the worst footy they've played in ages. Up there with benitez and juande ramos imo
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 27 Sep - 13:30

All that and we haven't lost a game since last March and we're in first place in La Liga Laughing

We're not playing badly at all. We're playing exactly the way we want to. We just need the star players to get back up to form. They can't do it on the bench... you just have to play them until they get it back. Just how it works. Usually, you don't have your 3 starting forwards coming back from injury.

@Bankz... Ronaldo was awful. He scored; but all he does is poach. He brings nothing outside of that anymore. Also, Bale pulled a hamstring and was out 2 weeks until about 7 days ago. He's not going at full speed and that's a killer for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 27 Sep - 13:31

Third game without Casemiro, third game we have been unable to win, third game we have looked horrible in defence and 5 goals conceded.............. when your most reliable defender is having poor games it's time to sit back and reflect on your defensive tactics
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 27 Sep - 13:57

lol so they play until they get it back. and let's just hope while they're playing like prima donnas we don't drop more points. i don't think they understand the magnitude of what's going on, a fire needs to be lit to spark them into life....this game was appalling. i didn't care much about the other games because villareal for example just sat back. i already know when that happens, we rarely have any imagination to make something special. but in this game we didn't even click on counters, we went forward and then dortmund nearly made us suffer when captain ramos conveniently mistimed a long ball....and we're going to be stuck with the same group. i just hope some miracle happens and they start performing
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue 27 Sep - 14:31

Madrid should have tried to get William carvalho. Still wondering why noone was in for him. Would be perfect as the #6 and is much better on the ball than Casemiro.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue 27 Sep - 14:54

I read this on MM and it pretty much sums up the problem here:

This game points again to an alarming pattern where Madrid play to the level of their competition- no matter whether it is above them or below them- and fail to string together a full performance that is required to win matches at the top level.

The problem here is that we seem to be content to go one goal up and then drop the tempo, voluntarily cede the midfield to the opposition, whether they are inferior or superior to us, and then cower in our own half and wait for them to equalize before we start attacking again. It's like we're trying to win with as little effort as humanly possible. When did we stop playing like predators? Why has Real Madrid become one of those teams who protect 1-0 lead instead of going for the kill?

If your plan is to absorb the opposition's pressure and hit them on counters, that's fine. But don't ever drop the tempo or feel satisfied with 1-0 leads; that's unacceptable. You have to keep on scoring until your opponent breaks psychologically. This is what I meant by "worrying trend", and it happened against Sporting, Villarreal, Las Palmas and now Dortmund. Get rid of this cowardly approach for the love of god.

Now, let me briefly comment on the performance of some of our guys:

Ronaldo: Upped his work rate, scored a goal, was involved in the other and was dynamic throughout the whole game. He missed a good chance later which would've given us the win. But knowing us, we would've probably lowered the tempo and conceded again. Not a fantastic performance, but definitely not a bad one either. Glad he's now progressing.

Benzema: Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ! Could this guy be anymore lazy and apathetic? I mean good lord! I don't know what bothers me the most, him embarrassingly wasting countless chances or him being completely indifferent to those misses. This was one of his worst performances in a Real Madrid shirt, and that says something. What a lazy and useless player! I remember looking at the clock at '81 and wondering "why hasn't Z replaced him with Morata yet?!"

Bale: brilliant backheel assist and great help defensively and offensively. Again, just like Ronaldo, this wasn't a fantastic performance by the Welshman, but it definitely wasn't bad either.

Danilo: I'm disappointed because I really wanted him to provide width in the LB position and I thought in the Las Palmas game he was really solid. This one, however, he couldn't contain Dembele. However, I'll say this, even with this performance, he still looked better than all the times he played at RB.

Varane: I just love when a player proves me wrong. Just a couple days ago, I criticized him and said he still hasn't been able to live up to that goat performance he had against Barça. And I while I believe his performance tonight pales in comparison to Barça's, I still think he made tremendous progress from the average performances he had had prior to Dortmund. I hope he keeps it up.

Overall, this is our third straight draw in all competitions. And while I believe tonight's performance was better than its predecessors, the result was the same.

Unhappy with the result, a bittersweet performance, and still looking forward to improving.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue 27 Sep - 15:08

Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale tracked back like never before against Dortmund - Marca.
I'm really glad they both tracked back and made contributions in defence. I just hope they'll continue like this and not get lazy with time.

Benzema is a lost cause.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue 27 Sep - 22:01

Bales tracking back was fantastic. It's no wonder that none of Bvb major attacks came from that wing. Bale often ended up as RB and Carvajal RW during pressing situations.

CR pressed until around 70 minutes. After that you can see him walking in the middle, clever way to avoid tracking the left back. It's not a wonder that their most of the chances came from there. Still largely erratic pressing and tracking back.

Benzema, similar to CR except he stopped pressing by 30 minutes and was always late to mark his man allowing bvb to play it out. Morata should've played against bvb , zidane sigh.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed 28 Sep - 3:22

When Demon of Carthage was crying everyday about how bad we were in victory, he foresaw this coming, but we were all telling him to enjoy the victories.
Demon of Carthage to replace Zidane!
I dont care if its a demon coaching our team, all i care about his beautiful victories.

Horrible match!
my bet slip was win or draw in favour of Dortmund and i won.
The team was horrible!
Dortmund sliced through our midfield with just one pass, time after time.

Wtf! was Zidane thinking bringing Morata in at 88mins
Was he expecting morata to conjure up some magic in 5 mins.

Last edited by shadexticos on Fri 30 Sep - 9:19; edited 1 time in total

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 28 Sep - 8:22

I need to take back some of my criticism of Danilo. He has been great as a LB so far- seriously a revelation.

It's truly bizarre that he has not been able to translate that to RB.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next