dostoevsky
Casciavit
Kaladin
18 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Serie A Season 16/17 Empty Serie A Season 16/17

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:49 am

Feel its much more convenient to talk about the current seasons' games in one thread, what do you guys think?

-------

Lapadula is set to start against Samp because Bacca got into a confrontation with Montella
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Serie A Season 16/17 Empty Re: Serie A Season 16/17

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:06 am

Lapadula is a pit bull.

I wouldn't mind seeing him start a game or two.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Got a feeling Bacca is out the door come January, probably PSG
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Good thread idea, ES Thumbs up

Bacca was completely anonymous against Udinese, he certainly deserves the bench after his last two efforts. Niang helped to bring him into the game against both Torino and Napoli by presenting for the ball and holding it, while always staying close to Bacca, which helped us find the Colombian. When flanked by Suso and Sosa however Bacca was nowhere to be seen, it was like playing with 10 men. We can't function without a centre forward who can act as a reference for us in possession, Niang was essentially doing the work of two players for us in our opening fixtures. Perhaps Lapadula will give us 11 men once more, he's looked energetic in his first few cameos. Having him and Niang up top should give us a very flexible, mobile forward line at the very least.

Excited to see Calabria starting, though it's a pity he'll be on the left. He was excellent in his previous cameo, we really need a greater impact in attack from our fullbacks. Been disappointed with Abate's lack of drive down the flank in our past two outings and wanted him to start this game in any case. We need players like Calabria to wake up some of our starters and put them under pressure to either perform or hit the bench.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Don't know about you guys, but I really like Bacca.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Is it me or has Bonaventura been really lackluster lately?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:25 pm

M99 wrote:Don't know about you guys, but I really like Bacca.

Id like him more if he could play like that from the start of games and not as a sub who comes on to take advantage of the work from another player who ran his ass off.

Other than that hes fine.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:25 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsutMYMWcAA-i__.jpg

Sky reports the midfield will be Sosa--Montolivo--Kucka

Sky also says that MDS and Calabria will start as fullbacks
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Regarding the Sampdoria match:

- Lapadula was decent on his first start though not outstanding. Made a few excellent runs which were very nearly found by our midfield but couldn't really fashion any clear cut chance.

- Niang had less of an influence in this game than in his first two. Against Napoli and Torino he would successfully drift centrally and inside out in the opposition half but we too often moved the ball at a glacial pace and struggled to pin back Sampdoria. Niang tried to stay wide often to enlarge the pitch but generally received the ball too high to make a real impact. When he did receive the ball in good positions he was the victim of rough treatment throughout but was essentially ignored by the referee, so I truly do sympathise with him. Was also not helped by the lack of an overlapping threat as Calabria was on his wrong foot essentially. Should have won a stonewall penalty but was denied by a blind official.

- Suso, like Niang, was in desperate need of an overlapping fullback who could relieve the pressure on him but Abate very rarely advanced forward to aid him. It was a performance we've often come to expect from him, showcasing a lovely touch but lacking the pace to push back a defence when picking up the ball on the halfway line or the acceleration to beat someone in the final third, leading to him checking back and passing into midfield. As always though, he also came up with some lovely through balls for Bacca and picked up an assist for the winning goal. Suso generally always provides a moment of quality, we just all wish he could do it more often. Despite having an excellent shot, I feel Suso's used too far up the pitch given his physical characteristics but I doubt we'll see him used anywhere but RW.

- It was a mixed bag for Jack, much like Suso. Flashes of quality but his lack of industry does also tend to frustrate at times. This very much reflects the state of the side in general however. He's much more to offer but changes to the team around him will have as much an influence as Jack himself in getting the best out of Bonaventura. Like Niang, should have been awarded an obvious penalty but Irrati was turning a blind eye.

- Nothing much to write home about Montolivo in the first half but he improved in the second half. Stopped taking too many touches or sharing five metre backpasses with Romagnoli and spread the ball quickly, first time, which helped raise the tempo of our play. Defensively, read the game well as per usual and mopped up play neatly, though one over-zealous attempt to chase Muriel up the pitch nearly backfired when he failed to shut down the play and was then caught on the wrong side of the Sampdoria man. Montolivo was never grease lightning but he used to get around alright but now he really lacks the pace to recover on the transition and without Kucka we lack speed in general in the middle to cover him. This is one of the reasons I really wanted a new anchor in the summer who was physically dynamic, so we could use Montolivo's experience sparingly, rather than stretching him thin over the course of a season, especially with his injury problems of the past years. Still, a decent turnout.

- Sosa's not a terrible player but I don't understand quite why we were so obsessed with getting him during the summer, especially when you consider that the money spent on him and Gomez together might have been used to pursue Paredes, Diawara or anyone else not on the old age pension. Still needs more time to adjust before we pass any judgement, he just looks to be of a similar quality to what we have on the bench though.

- Calabria struggled greatly with Muriel when the Colombian drifted wide in the first half but improved in the second half and made some important blocks in the end. Needed to do more to help out Niang in attack but he's obviously not used to playing on the left. Promisingly however he sent in two beautiful through balls from in his own half, showcasing great vision and making a contribution even if it wasn't on the overlap. He's looked excellent in his cameos on the right under Montella thus far, I hope he gets his chance against Lazio to feature in his natural position.

- Abate, as mentioned in relation to other players, needed to show far more initiative on the ball. He made the occasional foray but we simply can't expect to impose our game on our opposition when our fullbacks are barely getting past the halfway line. Didn't allow anything to come down his flank to his credit, and as a result of his reserved approach.

- I'm drawing a blank on Romagnoli when I'm trying to remember this game for some reason but I do vaguely recall two incidents in which Alessio put us in danger. Still, contributed to a clean sheet in the end, but must cut out these lapses in concentration, on and off the ball.

- Paletta genuinely amazed me in this game. Every time a teammate made a mistake, he was there to make a block or an interception. Probably his best performance in a Milan shirt to date, hopefully it's the start of a renaissance, not one great day.

- Dinhorumma made an appearance again as Gigi's insane confidence nearly came back to bite him when he dallied on the ball too long in Muriel's presence but once more, he came up with the goods when we needed him to. He was fortunate to benefit from an offside decision when he was deceived by the flight of the ball with Barretto leaping in front of him but rescued us late on with a fingertip save on Muriel to force the ball onto the post.

- Bacca provided us with the response we wanted. He was no longer the isolated figure up front but he ran hard to create opportunities for his teammates. He showed great strength to hold, turn and shoot in the box, only to be denied by a terrific low save by Viviano. He made an excellent run in behind for Suso to find him, though he scuffed the finish. He was alert for Montolivo's backheel on the edge of the box to get on the end of another chance and didn't stop harassing the backline until it all finally paid off for him to snatch the winner. This is the forward we want to see, one who is constantly presenting in the box, one who is working hard for his teammates - Bacca was even chasing back and making tackles - and who believes he can score, no matter how long is left.

- It was great to see Locatelli given some time off the bench, though he showed he's still very raw. Nearly cost us the game with a terrible pass out from the back that saw us caught on the break and gave away a freekick in a dangerous area late on but made one important defensive intervention to help out Romagnoli in the box and was lively in the middle, throwing himself into challenges and trying to move the ball on quickly.

- It's never nice to have to talk about the officials but Irrati was disastrous in this game. We may have benefited from a fortunate offside call which would have seen Sampdoria take the lead but he also ignored two stonewall penalties that should also have seen Pereira dismissed on both occasions, in addition to one questionable incident on the very edge of the box involving Suso that was again completely ignored. He did nothing to protect Niang all night despite several obvious fouls and generally let too many rough challenges go unpunished, for both sides. The only major decision he got right was to disallow Muriel's goal for handball.

- On a final note, I don't know why, but our first half game plan could have been summed up as: kick Torreira in every possible instance. Normally teams gang up on flashy wingers and strikers, it's not often I've seen an entire team target a defensive midfielder. Laughing Whatever the reason, I'm glad we focused more on playing football in the second half. This was a great result from a decent performance, but we'll need to show far more to achieve our objectives this season. Hopefully this gives us a bit of confidence to go forward though and to build on our first clean sheet of the season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:18 pm

ES wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsutMYMWcAA-i__.jpg

Sky reports the midfield will be Sosa--Montolivo--Kucka

Sky also says that MDS and Calabria will start as fullbacks

I really do like Kucka but I've been a bit concerned by his showings against Torino and Napoli. He was always a major presence last season, whether for good or bad, but the game just seemed to pass him by in the first two rounds. Hopefully it was just a poor performance rather than a greater incompatibility with Montella's game because he's a truly forceful personality in the centre of the pitch.

Excited to see Calabria from the start at right back potentially, he's looked excellent when subbed on in this position under Montella thus far. He's potentially tailor made for his game, I'm glad that he might get a chance to prove himself.

I've watched Lazio twice this season and I've been impressed with their new central defender Bastos. It's early days of course but he looks an instant upgrade on the mental patients like Mauricio they used to field and with De Vrij's return, they might actually have a reliable defensive partnership to build around. The good news is, their new left back Lukaku can't defend to save his life. Laughing

Immobile has also hit the ground running but if there's one weakness Lazio have, it's central midfield, particularly with Biglia injured. Lazio possess a very hard working engine room but they are not a side that can control the tempo of a match from the middle. We need to be very wary of their ability to attack the flanks but this is a midfield battle we can and should be winning, to suffocate Lazio and force them to play to our tempo. Lazio are a direct competitor for the Europa League, so we must be on the ball tonight. We're fortunate that our rivals have also slipped up early, it's imperative that we keep close to them so that we are in a good position in the league come January when we'll no doubt reinforce the side further.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:04 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
- On a final note, I don't know why, but our first half game plan could have been summed up as: kick Torreira in every possible instance. Normally teams gang up on flashy wingers and strikers, it's not often I've seen an entire team target a defensive midfielder. Laughing Whatever the reason, I'm glad we focused more on playing football in the second half. This was a great result from a decent performance, but we'll need to show far more to achieve our objectives this season. Hopefully this gives us a bit of confidence to go forward though and to build on our first clean sheet of the season.

Torreira isn't a DM. He plays deep for them but he is the playmaker. He had been looking great and I think he looked great against Milan too. If you gave him any more space he could have done some damage. Closing him was a good call from Montella.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Agree dost. I've also been very impressed by Lazio. I was surprised when they only drew Chievo. Simone Inzaghi seems like 100 times the coach that Pippo is. The change to 3-4-3 against us really worked wonders, they were a bit unlucky and just lacked a bit of quality in that match, but they did really well.

All their players seem like they are clicking. Immobile looks great again, the midfield 3 are really solid, Anderson improved, its an interesting team. And Keita isn't even in the mix yet.

Gonna be hard tonight for Milan.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Kucka Serie A Season 16/17 Firing_M1A1_tank_in_Djibouti
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Galliani: "There is a duel between me and Montolivo on who is disliked the most by fans. At the moment I'm winning."
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 pm

Montolivo calling ES out.

"The San Siro crowd is demanding," he told Mediaset Premium. "Some of the crowd do not like me and I can never make it right. There's nothing I can do about that."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:24 pm

That was a good win.

Again, our performance wasn't all that, although we did produce moments of brilliance every now and then, and our defense is a little solid.

Very good game from Kucka and Niang. I am really liking how Niang is developing. However, he is not finishing well, and I don't think he will ever be a prolific goal scorer.

Hope he proves me wrong though.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Calabria has taken Abate's spot as the starting right-back for Milan. [Sky's @PeppeDiSte]

cheers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Our formation

Serie A Season 16/17 CtN8aXyWYAAeZvr
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Calabria rightfully starting. Montella Molenation
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Illicic misses a spot kick.

Yeah we gonna lose.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:10 pm

MDS :facepalm:

Calabria :facepalm:

They are lucky Fio pissed the pen.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:37 pm

MDS.... seriously... fiorentina didnt make most of his mistake! and this is not the only one where calabria failed to clear after de sciglio failed to, de sciglio is doing nothing here...bernandeschi is moving up freely towards our defense and he doesn't give a sh..t about it!!!
why wasn't napoli offer accepted... he is the worst player i have seen that came out of our academy to play regularly... hell i would prefer antonini there than him!

and montolivo.... sigh... on what ground his contract is renewed, still captain and still regular... i will never understand... i think he needs glasses cuz all he does is back pass or side ways... put himself to awkward position and shoots wherever he wants...

Last edited by JespSwe on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Can't wait until we sign Paredes in Jan. I'll never have to watch Montoleader ever again.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Casciavit wrote:Can't wait until we sign Paredes in Jan. I'll never have to watch Montoleader ever again.

i have seen this guy pass backwards or sideways always, he never ever finds or encourages attackers or fullbacks to draw defender or move in spaces so he can find them. he never makes defense splitting passes or is visionary...

just predictable football. well fioretina can play with 10 men and montolivo is still unlikely to find anyone in space...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Casciavit wrote:Can't wait until we sign Paredes in Jan. I'll never have to watch Montoleader ever again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtOfbRRXgAAxq26.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next