shadexticos
titosantill
VanDeezNuts
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 6 Empty Re: Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by Adit Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm getting tired of this scoring first then sitting deep tactics of Zidane. We played that football last year and it almost came back to bite us in the ass. I need to see much better football, the positional structure is still lacking.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 6 Empty Re: Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:09 pm

No. You're expecting way too much dude. You're acting like Sevilla right now is some kind of pub team. No other team would've been able to escape the press we put on them
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:29 pm

I agree that Seville were excellent through out the game at keeping the ball and especially pinning our midfielders back by pushing their midfielders very high up along with their fullbacks. They were positionally on a suicide mission yet we couldn't exploit that. Their tactics worked as Morata and Benzema were isolated easily.

I thought the situation screamed for a 5 at back from our side. Our midfielders were pinned back and were confused whether to press the center backs or follow the midfielders which made Morata alone and he ran alot trying to win the ball back to no use.

Had we switched to 5 at back we could have covered their fullbacks with our wing backs. Their striker and pushed up midfielders with our now 3 men CB line which would have freed up the mids from the confused state. A five at back would bring numerical equality and further players for pressing game.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:49 pm

I think you're overcomplicating it. Morata was utter trash with his movement and link up (although his touch and hold up play was decent). You're giving him too much credit. There's a reason we started destroying Sevilla once benzema came on (but then again you hate the guy so whatever).

and the midfield actually did well, we all know what a disaster our defense can be as well so no surprise that Marcelo and carvajal were back the whole game. You're telling me it wouldn't be more then two goals if those two didn't bomb forward?

Our defense has no idea how to play 5 at the back, that's a complete tactical change, cut the nonsense you were just telling me that we were too defensive and you want a 5 man back line? Oh man.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:56 pm

We destroyed no one. Benzema did just like Morata isolated and very far from the box most of the time. Tiredness also plays a big part, I give no credit to team for 'destroying' a 10 men tired Seville. Show me how many chances we created in proper time.. very little.

I'm not complicating anything. How did we end up having 35% of the ball after 90 minutes? Are you telling me it's OK to get outplayed on the ball by Seville side which appointed a new manager 4 weeks ago and bunch of new players in new system?

We are still bypassing Casemiro so much that it was pretty easy for Seville to win the ball back.

5 at back does not mean defensive. I forgot that you are a teenage boy who probably haven't watched our own legendary 532 .... How defensive that was.. May be you can you tube it. Not born at that time is not a crime but not putting effort to understand and watch football before mouthing off is.

If you even watched the game properly both the fullbacks were confused whether to stay with the cbs or stay closer to the Sevilles high positioned fullbacks. Their first goal was perfect example for that.. Marcelo decides to go after the fullback all of a sudden, he breaks the line. Now if we had an extra CB Marcelo could have easily pressured the fullback with confidence knowing that numerically we are safe at the back.

We couldn't win the ball back because Seville were able to exploit the free fullbacks all the time. Wingers couldn't track them because Seville CMs were higher up so inorder to block direct pass to them wingers stayed narrow. In the end we chased after them more than we should have done.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:06 am

Sevilla were more fit than us. They started training nearly a month before us so it's only natural that they looked more fit than us.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:51 pm

I wonder what people feel about Morata's performance vs Sevilla now that they have seen Suarez'. At least Morata was able to hold the ball up, win headers and make good passes. Sevilla have completely neutralised Suarez
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Two players playing crap = both relatively good compared to each other?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:06 pm

No but it means we are awfully harsh on our players. Sometimes you've just got to put your hands up and laud your opponent and pat your players on the back. Sevilla are damn good right now. Might not last all season but they are as tough as Atleti imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Suarez is a goal waiting to happen out there. Not sure how you can compare his performance with Morata's. You're being a complete homer here.

By Suarez' standards, he's been quiet. But he's making all the runs when he gets the chance. Morata has no idea how to make a proper run STILL, which is the issue. If he made the runs and our guys just missed him, it would be fair enough... but he doesn't.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:20 pm

And as I wrote my post above, Suarez scores and has almost set up two more goals.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I wonder what people feel about Morata's performance vs Sevilla now that they have seen Suarez'. At least Morata was able to hold the ball up, win headers and make good passes. Sevilla have completely neutralised Suarez

hala pls
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 am

lmao, football is not logic. morata is no suarez. even if morata by some super miracle or divine intervention scored 3 against sevilla and suarez didn't, it doesn't tell one anything. we were desperate to have him back, seeing as we "restocked" by bringing in him and coentrao before a possible transfer ban
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:23 pm

My point was not about Morata being as good as Suarez. The latter is the best CF in the world while the former is just getting his career up and running. My point was that some RM fans don't care about opponents when rating its players imo. Just because they don't look amazing does not mean they are bad or have played a bad game, just that they played as good as could be expected against a particular opponent (unless they are balin dor level podium players) in which case they'd have no excuses. Sevilla did well to neutralise the attacking threat of Barca in the first half. After around the 50th min Barca got a foothold of the game and started creating chances. That goal kind of sucker punched them

Looks like Sevilla are using up all their energy in the first half which would be a good plan if they had a good CF to put balls into who can score and not the sorry excuse of a CF they have right now. I reckon Sevilla along with Atleti are going to be the toughest games we play this season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:36 pm

How many goals has Morata scored in the preseason Hala...  Even worse... how many shots has he managed to get.

I'll save you the effort.  He's got 0 goals on a grand total of 3 shots in 4 starts.  

I'm not even sure what to say about that.

A half fit Benzema played half a game and managed 4 shots.

His big issue is that he was considered fast in Serie A because the play is slow and the players slower... in La Liga, he doesn't have a quickness advantage on defenders. Also, Bale and Ronaldo are faster... so when we counter, he's not going to be the one ahead of the pack unlike Juve... and that was really the only way he was effective at Juve.

I have grave concerns here. Although, he's better than nothing which is exactly what we had in terms of backups last season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:14 pm

Massive reason why stats don't show the full story. Morata's overall game was very good against Sevilla. I dont care about the other preseason games as they are just there to help our player bring up their fittness level, hence why Marcelo was allowed total freedom in those games and told to play conservative vs Sevilla
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Morata is actually fast though. That speed argument is poor. He just sucks at making runs period. Benzema makes great runs at times and he's very strong but he's definitely slow
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Morata is fast he just has no smart off the ball movement. No occupying the CBs and no runs.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:01 pm

People giving a lot of flack to Morata.

We have a very dysfunctional attack and it is hardly his fault. For one, it's preseason and it takes time adjust attacking tactics and player movement. And two, we barely have any of our starters in attacking positions.

Let's ease up a bit. This is going to take time, and Morata hasn't been with us for 2 seasons. It's going to take time to readjust.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:08 am

No way. He's playing with kovacic, bale, Isco, asensio, Marcelo.. Some badass playmakers with great final passes or in bales case, an excellent crosser.. And you're giving him excuses? He's looked decent on the ball but he's like a kid trying to find an Oreo off of it. And his finishing has been poor. He has his speed and aerial ability (where he either gets muscled or not even in the right position anways)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 am

We didn't take advantage of aerial ability though because the crossing so far has been absolutely horrendous. Particularly from Marcelo and Asensio
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 am

I can't even remember the last time we crossed the ball properly.  I think you have to go all the way back to the Michel Salgado/Roberto Carlos days lol.

We either nail the first defender or send it completely over the box. I feel that we cross it blindly a lot of the times instead of our fullbacks actually lifting their head and seeing where people are. At least I hope that's what it is... if they miss our guys by that much while knowing where they are... it would be tragic Laughing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6