shadexticos
titosantill
VanDeezNuts
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 5 Empty Re: Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by titosantill Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:47 am

its not about 'finding reasons to criticize'. when you bash a cb for not being able to shoot the ball well, or for his poor dribbling skills, that's finding reasons to criticize. all i ask for ramos are basic defensive duties with unnecessary cards. i respect ramos for his heart, and the ucl goals, but i hope he can relax with the cards. its a very fair criticism.

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 5 Empty Re: Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Better as in who? Name some players. Sevillas 3-4-3 press and the lack of attacking from our fullbacks put a lot of pressure on our midfield.

And I expect a response because you're questioning our most important player
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks Hala!
I just downloaded and watched the game.
I think we should have rated the coach too based on his tactics, Starting line up and Substitution.
I would give him a 5

Negatives
IF we had lost the match, we would not have had much to complain about. Zidane even said he didnt know if we were deserved winners.
Team Chemistry was inexistent, passes were awful. We hardly strung up to 10 passes together, except back passes.
Players didnt understand each other's movements.
Now i know its easy to blame it all on the absence of players but Sevilla has about 4 new players and a new coach!
They evaded our pressing with so much ease and showed alot of chemistry.
Asensio is the new favourite of the bernabeu but to be honest, he lost as many balls as casemiro if not more. too little highlights for 120 mins
Its annoying Zidane had to play him on the left..Lucas plays comfortably on both wings and he could easily have shifted lucas to the left. The goal he scored, he scored it coming from the right! Zidane should please not play him on the right.
Ancelotti killed Jese with that same decision by always playing him on the right.
Casemiro was horrible, morata was below average,

my positives
That never say die attitude Zidane has brought..
captain fantastic! such a blockhead, though, he deserves a statue.
I loved our pressing, Sevilla were just too good at getting out of tight spaces. I bet we would meet very few teams who can evade such press with ease.
Isco was running like a mad man, Asensio's wonder goal, lucas the ever reliable, kovacic's speed....

We had better getter our shi! together, especially Morata, or we better get 75 million for him now.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:31 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Better as in who? Name some players. Sevillas 3-4-3 press and the lack of attacking from our fullbacks put a lot of pressure on our midfield.

And I expect a response because you're questioning our most important player

The reason we need a DM is that Marcelo doesn't defend and Kroos isn't very good either... to go along with BBC. Football has evolved to where you don't need a DM mostly. You have a deep playing CM who is good on the ball and passes well (Motta, Marchisio, Busquets, etc.) but he's surrounded by B2Bs or CMs that are good enough defensively so he doesn't need to cover horizontally (Matuidi, Pogba, Modric, Rakitic, etc.).

Our team balance doesn't allow this however. So, yes, Casemiro is very important under our current circumstances. But we could have improved our circumstances but chose not to.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:48 pm

The match went about as well as I predicted. Sevilla look like a boosted side and Sampaoli has organized the team very well.

Although I believe Sevilla played very well, I think they were a bit lucky on their first goal.  It was well taken but that shot could have deflected anywhere on any other day- especially considering he contributed nothing leading up to the goal.

Just like the rest of our preseason has gone- we have looked very rusty and not well connected.  That will come with time.

Overall I think the result could have gone either way.  The team that wanted it more won, and luckily we wanted it more yesterday.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Little worrying that >90% of the goals scored this preseaaon has been by a defender Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Well we've been without our 3 starting forwards 99% of the games. And despite showing flashes, James and Isco are relatively useless nowadays. Morata hasn't shown a thing either.

Other than BBC, the only other hope I see is Asensio.

Our midfielders can't score either so no hope there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:40 pm

I thought James did well yesterday, he was just unlucky to not score.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:23 pm

HALA MADRID BITCHES!
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:02 pm

We won without half our regulars and no BBC (a half fit Benzema and Modric don't count).  That's pretty crazy Laughing

While I am critical of performances (looking at you Marcelo and Morata), you can'd deny how much character this team has.  Madrid NEVER win games like this... yet we keep doing it since Zidane took over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:We won without half our regulars and no BBC (a half fit Benzema and Modric don't count).  That's pretty crazy Laughing

While I am critical of performances (looking at you Marcelo and Morata), you can'd deny how much character this team has.  Madrid NEVER win games like this... yet we keep doing it since Zidane took over.

I will say this for Marcelo he was a lot more shackled than in other games, actually taking care of defence first which was impressive in itself.

Lucas, Asensio and Carvajal were all very impressive though, starting with 7 Spanish players and 4 home grown was also great, can't remember the last time that happened.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Asensio is the most impressive in terms of talent. Carvajal and Lucas are just warriors who do the most with the talent they have.... But Asensio has the talent to become special imo.

You're really impressed by Marcelo defensively? He gets back mostly nowadays... but he doesn't bother anyone. I feel he never contests crosses and tries these crazy suicide lunges all the time. He drives me crazy. Not that there's better out there... but I think he needs competition. Letting him have his spot without a threat is a mistake imo. And no, Coentrao doesn't count.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Asensio is the most impressive in terms of talent. Carvajal and Lucas are just warriors who do the most with the talent they have.... But Asensio has the talent to become special imo.

You're really impressed by Marcelo defensively? He gets back mostly nowadays... but he doesn't bother anyone. I feel he never contests crosses and tries these crazy suicide lunges all the time. He drives me crazy. Not that there's better out there... but I think he needs competition. Letting him have his spot without a threat is a mistake imo. And no, Coentrao doesn't count.

Coentrao isn't back till December and will prob get injured again haha, LB's are a dying breed atm, I do like Sandro though, pity Juventus got him.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 pm

i really can't believe we brought back coentrao. the saddest thing about that is, the guy's actually a good left back, at least on the defensive end. but what's the use of that if you get injured just from getting out of bed? who remembers the time mourinho didn't list him on the team sheet and he went to sit on the bench? lol
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Coentrao is superior to Marcelo defensively. That can be no question. Was a key man for us in the Decima year.

But I feel his mind is not with us... I question the decision to rely on someone who doesnt want to be here, let alone being injured all the time.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Coentrao has not been relevant for years. He hasn't been reliable, and he hasn't been needed.

I guess if we don't sign a new LB he might be okay as cover.

He won't be playing much so maybe he won't get injured as much. Big maybe.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Coentrao didn't even play at Monaco... he was injured the whole season basically there too Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:Asensio is the most impressive in terms of talent. Carvajal and Lucas are just warriors who do the most with the talent they have.... But Asensio has the talent to become special imo.

Carvajal is very talented. Especially in the fitness and physical department.. You can't get more complete with any other fullback. In an era of average fullbacks he's easily more then good enough there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Might get a lot of disagreement but Dani Alves could lift his head pretty high among those great full backs. He was genuinely a dominant right back for years at Barcelona and if it weren't for what I consider a poor international career with Brasil, he probably would have been talked about with high regard (outside of Barcelona).

Edit: That pos Sports removed his comment. Damn the French. Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Dani Alves is definitely one of the best if not the best Outside Back of this generation. Like Fennec was saying, RB/LB has been a huge issue for the past 10+ years or so. Average

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:04 pm

I agree, alves has to be the best. He was a master class in attack and could do the job defensively. In his prime he easily had Ronaldo shackled
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 pm

You can't be an elite players...  at any position...  if you look like a pub player on NT.  Especially one with the talent of Brazil.  Alves has been crap for Brazil.

Compared to his peers, he seems great.  But compared to the historical right backs?  Pub player.  That's all he is.

I'm talking in comparison to the Thuram, Cafu, Amoros, Zanetti, Zambrotta, Jorginho, Santos, Carlos Alberto, Vogts, etc. Not in the same stratosphere. Heck, I thought in his prime that Maicon shat all over Alves' prime.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Yeah, I think thats what we are all saying. The drop in quality of RB/LB positions has been significant. But for this era it's hard to not include a player like Dani Alves despite NT performances

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:25 am

I'm pretty close to youth football here when I'm around... and the reason to me is simple, at least in France. These guys are all converted something or another. Strikers convert to fullbacks, CMs, etc. So you teach this kids the fundamentals/instincts of one position then you turn around and move to something entirely different later on. Not saying this didn't happen before in the past because it did.... but nowadays, it's prevalent.

The second issue I noticed is that youth academies emphasize offense for the position. They think that defense can be taught while the knack for attack is just talent. So if you're a good defensive fullback at the youth level but you can't attack while another is a better attacker, you're blocked.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm telling you sport. It's idiotic. Fullbacks are the most important position nowadays. Why?

You need a combination of everything to be good at that position. Athleticism, speed, passing, technique, flair in the attack, defensive ability.. You lack one of these things and it becomes very obvious.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm getting tired of this scoring first then sitting deep tactics of Zidane. We played that football last year and it almost came back to bite us in the ass. I need to see much better football, the positional structure is still lacking.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next