Adit
The Galactico 10
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:30 pm

And to be clear Mbappe played fine next to Falcao and both scored plenty.  But Falcao is a really good and unselfish footballer.  He sucked defenders out to allow for Mbappe to make runs behind them and vice versa.  Same with Mbappe for Falcao.

Giroud just doesn't have the ability to suck anything or make those runs.  Not that there's anything wrong with Giroud...  but he's not that type of players.  Mbappe should have played WIDE with Giroud.  Instead, our wonderful coach puts Mbappe next to him. What's worse, he puts Lemar wide of him so Mbappe moving outside is a crowd. Incredible.

With CR, it would be great imo.  CR makes runs and uses his speed.  Likes to move around.  That's what Falcao does (nowhere near as well either).

And the big thing is that Mbappe loves to make that near post run that Benzema NEVER does.  When Cr is looking to cross, it's crying for that near post run.

Also, Mbappe missed the last NT game due to a thigh bruise.  So he hadn't played or trained much for almost a month.  If he would have come back into Monaco where he knows the system great and his teammates, it would have been fine.  But playing an unfamiliar role with new teammates for 10 mins only... never had a chance imo.  One of those strange subs that should never have happened. Ousmane Dembele was sharp and ready (let alone Lacazette)... they should have been the ones coming in.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm

this sure has been a slow summer. the pains of being successful?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Well for the first time in awhile we have hit an area of stability. We don't need to replace 4-5 positions both starting and bench. We really just need depth and maybe one FW change.

Since we have a good blend of youth/ experience I am hoping this can continue for at least 2 more seasons. But then again football changes so quickly

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:47 am

So according to the media we may buy Mbappe but send him on loan back to Monaco. Well this certainly clears up any doubt in regards to whether Benz will be a starter next season. Also according to Marca we're about to renew his contract........... :brickwall:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 am

He could go an entire season without scoring and we would still not sell him rofl . Hope he and Bale get injured so we can win something next season
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:11 pm

You don't pay 140 mil to sign a player and to send him on loan, that's stupid as *bleep*. He is going to come here pronto, fear not
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Well it's a sacrifice the club would have to make if they're as crazy about him as yourself, world cup year and all. With Benzema's renewal there is no doubt im my mind that the club has no problem with him staying and starting. In fact they probably think he had an excellent year
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Whats the difference between coming now or in a year, benzema will not leave next summer. They would both be at the club and because of how much he cost he will play a LOT. This sign and loan thing is nonsense to me.

I see how when you guys talk about benzema you sound resigned like we are stuck with him and we refuse to improve his position. Nope this is actually why I want this move, for the fee we pay benzema will sit his ass on the bench more often than not
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

If I was ZZ I'd forget all about Mbappe and go for Dembele. That kid can ball I tell a
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 pm

We already have asensio playing on the right
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 pm

They're both exceptional Hala... the sad part is that Dembele is hell bent on going to Barca. The idea is to move Messi into the 10 role behind Suarez and put Dembele on the right.

They'll score 200 goals... but concede 100 lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:55 am

If there was ever a time to buy a player just to block a Barca move this would be it. He has it all bar alittle bit of composure in the final third which can be fine tuned by lining him up with the best players. Besides with Bale permainjured he'd get tons of playing time. Asensio is a LW and is being played as such. I mean imagine Carvajal having a partner that is open to passes and can dribble past players
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 am

halamadrid2 wrote:If there was ever a time to buy a player just to block a Barca move this would be it. He has it all bar alittle bit of composure in the final third which can be fine tuned by lining him up with the best players. Besides with Bale permainjured he'd get tons of playing time. Asensio is a LW and is being played as such. I mean imagine Carvajal having a partner that is open to passes and can dribble past players

I know. It makes me sad that we've never been rumored with Dembele so i won't talk about it.

I think it's because he's so hell bent on going to Barca that Madrid don't want the negative PR of going for him and losing out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:13 am

Dembele is a fantastic player, young and boasting of potential, but unless we sell Bale I don't see how he fits in. Even with Bale being injured he's not going to get the time needed.

I have a feeling the only way Zidane is able to sell our team to Mbappe is that he would be playing CF displacing Benzema most of the time and when Bale is out (which could be a lot) he would be playing with Benzema and Ronaldo in a front 3.

Dembele would be an impossible addition to that scenario, plus I'm honestly not a fan of rocking the boat much after such a successful season. The foreseeable future should be reserved for tweaking- even if we miss out on a talented youngster in Dembele. Mbappe just fits better IMO

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 am

I'm not sure how Dembele is gonna get games at Barcelona either. Needless to say, Neymar is still very much at the club and he too demands playing time.

Still, Dembele and Carvajal on the right wing just has the look of something absolutely devastating.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:09 pm

I just read today that Zidane feels Mbappe will play with Benz and Ronadlo with Bale (and Isco) being out of normal starters!!!!

Also read a few days ago that club is expecting to spend on 35M this summer with most of the costs being absorbed by sales including the Diego Llorente that has happened this week. This included the purchase of Mbappe and De Gea (that has sence been discarded). IMO that's why things seem a little slow, ie wait on Morata, James in oreder to heighten their sale value before acquiring Mbappe.

My wonder though is, Bale being put put up for sale?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Sell Bale and ... boy can we dream.

Think about having a pacy winger devastating in 1v1 and comfortable dribbling in closed spaces WHO DOESNT GET INJURED FOR 3 MONTHS EVERY SEASON FFS
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:17 pm

I think Bale's time in Madrid has come to an end, he has won anything with the club, and PL suits better for his type of game, he's the one member of the BBC whom Zidane doesn't like too much.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:12 pm

The possible Bale sale was suggested in a marca article. I am just asking how they intend to accomdate Mbappe? If Zidane's comments are mean to say there is some sort of rotation between Mbappe, Benz and Bale, then OK, but otherwise one of Bale or Benz has to go or become a rotational player.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Ya tbh, i hope Bale gets the James treatment one way or another soon. The guy can proudly say he was part of a dynasty with the greatest club on earth, he's won everything, thanks and bye. If he keeps getting injured and keeps getting hate from fans and media, then i can see him going to United or Chelsea or whatever. He's more well suited for another type of team and club imo.

No way Asensio and Isco will flourish as much with Mbappe, Benzema, and Bale here too, the coach and president have to realize that something has to give and seeing how our team structuring culture has actually changed the last few years, i can see this happening. If you want to sell this "madrid of the future" thing, then you have to realize as a president that Bale is a sort of predicament in that.

I can understand some of the reasoning for Mbappe not coming this season, and i'd think that he wouldn't come and we wouldn't go for him unless there was an established plan to give him minutes now. If that sort of agreement can be reached, Benzema will be the one who gets affected, and maybe even further ostracized if Asensio and Isco are given their dues.

I wouldn't mind Mbappe not coming now at all actually, only thing is that he's the only political move that can shake Benzema away from his seemingly unshakable starting role. We already showed last season that a backup striker like Morata can be ostracized considering the way Ronaldo plays now and that we have Asensio, Isco, Lucas, and soon Mayoral, as well as Benzema of course. We have so many options. Very Happy

It will be harder to keep everyone happy with Mbappe coming, and i hope Zidane follows through with the squad policies everyone's been raving about recently. Bale's injury contributed to Asensio and Isco getting more minutes, the latter was heavily rumored to be unsatisfied and wanting to leave prior to this.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:this sure has been a slow summer. the pains of being successful?

the summer is just starting, the final was less than 3 weeks ago. still early i think
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am

Nick and others have raved about Asensio's phenomenal performance last night in another thread. I thought it might be worthwhile noting the other performances in that game.

Vallejo - this guy is the complete deal, not only did he shut down anything that came his way, he has a certain calm and maturity. He doesn't seem to feel pressure at all and has excellent vision. He regularly looks for the best pass forward and seemingly always makes that pass.

Marcos Llorente - very solid DM, initially with two other very offensive mids (Saul and Suarez), he was the anchor of the mid. However unlike Casemiro, he also had a decent passing game, much like Busquet. I think he will challenge Casemiro for starting minutes.

Caballos - this target, we have been after for two years now, is everything we could want in a CM. he came on with game 3-0, when Spain changed from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 and completely changed the tempo of game. He not only controlled the mid, he dominated it. his vision and passing is phenomenal. he (and Asensio) completely outshone the more noted players on team (deulofeu, Saul, Denis Suarez).

The other Madrid product on team, Borja Mayoral, didn't get called for this game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 am

Vallejo and Mere struggled with over the top balls alot earlier in the game. From this game he reminded me alot of Varane. He just kept bouncing off their strikers' backs all the time. If you are going up to challenge make sure you get the ball. He is very calm on the ball though. Don't know if it was a tactic of Spain but every time Gaya went up Vallejo wouldn't challenge until their winger got to the edge of the penalty box. He is very good on long ball duels though, very smart, always nudges the forward giving him a free path to head the ball eco smile

Llorente I thought was the calmest on the ball, always wanting thr ball no matter how marked he was. Did well to close down passing lanes just infront of the penalty box. Still defensively Spain were very porous in the first half. Suarez failed to help out at all leaving Saul and Llorente having to cover toomuch space. When Ceballos came in order was restored. It became alot easier for Saul and Llorente to defend and circulate the ball

Asensio I dont need to mention. Spain were struggling earlier on, i think there was a peeoid of 10 mins where they were just clearing the ball after the whistlr. Then bam Asensio gets the ball in his own half runs past 4/5 Macedonian player in the middle and realeses Gaya with acres of space to put a nice cross in for Saul. From then on they just countered Macedonia all gamr and kept scoring on nearly every attack

Ceballos is amazing. If he wasn't such a cnut I wouldn't be against getting him. But seems like he is destined for Atleti. He is 10x better than Suarez. He should start next came
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:09 pm

ceballos is truly great, we are still looking into signing him and sending him loan
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 pm

ceballos is great in every sense of the word. vallejo is the best cb prospect in europe and llorente is the best DM but he needs a season at the highest level to be recognized. much better footballer than that scrub casemiro
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 39 Img_cpiedrabuena_20150721-184939_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_ceballos2-069-k7zH--572x373@MundoDeportivo-Web

gtfi
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next