Renato Sanches

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Renato Sanches - Page 5 Empty Re: Renato Sanches

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 pm

@Firenze wrote:Bayern's Bebe

Bebe was Pele level compared to Sanches.

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 pm

After we have now added Cuisance and Coutinho, I have the feeling the club will allow Sanches to leave this window after all.

A few weeks ago, a decision was made and publicly communicated that Sanches was told he had to stay, that he was very much counted on by both club and coach and needed as part of the squad.
This corresponded with an excellent preseason by Renato, starting in most matches and consistently being one of our most eyecatching midfield performers.

I had the distinct feeling that, after his unfortunate and frustrating last years, he had made a big step performance-wise and that maybe indeed he could become a part of Kovac's team.
Three competitive games in the season it is however clear that Sanches will not get meaningful minutes, let alon a string of games to start, which he would absolutely need and which he frankly deserves at this point.

Already in earlier preseason games he did well, but always only in phases of the games which alternated with phases in which he seemed to overheat, get ahead of himself, lose touch with the game and make bad decisions and headless mistakes as a result.
Nothing of this was seen in this summers game, he was calm, present, reliable and had an impact.
Rummenigge and Brazzo keep repeating how "everyone believes in him", Süle said that he could understand Renato's frustration as he was "often the best player in training", it seemed to be the club's will to have him stay, yet after the Hertha game where he was subbed in with 4 minutes to go, Renato communicated his frustration to the media and said again, publicly, that he wants to leave and the club is not letting him.

I think we should let him leave now. The kid deserves a chance, if not for us (would not mind to see him get games over Tolisso honestly), then for another club.
And whatever we proclaim, I don't see Kovac starting him at all over a pack of central and attacking midfielders containing Tolisso and Goretzka as most direct rivals and now Coutinho as another possible part of a 3-man midfield too.

Lille seems to be the club wanting him, but honestly:
Renato is a young midfielder that is going to be a top player, I believe in this again now.
He has immense qualities in holding the ball under pressure, he turns and dribbles past opponents in midfield with sometimes stunning ease and power, his runs with the ball from midfield can become a serious weapon, he's got a good shot, he's a good and inventive passer.

There's a number of clubs out there, big clubs too, which could make a massive steal in buying this player now, when he will be comparatively cheap due to the anti-hype of the recent 3 years.
There's a monster of a player there waiting to be nurtured.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Sanches' issue is that his opinion of himself is far superior to his performances so far... and he makes demands based on his opinion.

If he wasn't so outspoken and just let his game do the talking, he'd still be at Bayern imo.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Nah he's trash, wasn't even good enough for Swansea lmao.

His attitude is regrettable but doesn't negate the fact he's not good enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:51 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Sanches' issue is that his opinion of himself is far superior to his performances so far...  and he makes demands based on his opinion.

If he wasn't so outspoken and just let his game do the talking, he'd still be at Bayern imo.  

I don't think you get the point. He IS still at Bayern, and the club does not want to sell him.
He wants out because he, correctly, expects not to get any meaningful playing time, again, like he didn't the whole of last season.
His performances last summer in preseason were already good, and this summer they were excellent.

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah he's trash, wasn't even good enough for Swansea lmao.

His attitude is regrettable but doesn't negate the fact he's not good enough.

I don't think you know the player well enough, and only his spell at Swansea isn't representative.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 pm

What is representative then? Because he's done nothing in his career to actually warrant that response tbh.

He's played 35 games since 2016 for Bayern and 12 for Swansea and fuck all outside of that.

Eventually you're going to have to accept the reality that he's not good, there's enough evidence already.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 pm

I just gave an update on his situation in this thread about him.
I think I know more about the player than you do, frankly, and while over the last 2 years I was very much accepting of the fact that he seemed like a dud whose career was going nowhere as he couldn't cope, based on new evidence I now think there's a seriously good mifielder there waiting to have placed faith and playing time on him.
We'll see.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:48 am

His real issue is that he is older than he says he is

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:36 pm

@Hapless_Hans
He'll go to Lille, kicker.de says the deal is almost done.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 pm

still too good for him

man wouldn't stand out for my local non-league club
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:His real issue is that he is older than he says he is

Wikipedia wrote:On 8 July 2016, the hospital where Sanches was born published the document which proved he was born on 18 August 1997 at 15:25 local time

Never heard of this so looked it up (because it seems plausible). Looks like his age is legitimate though. Unless someone in the hospital was bribed to forge a record or something

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Him and Kessie are 30+

Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Kessie (c). Kindly respect your best midfielder please.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 pm

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-c-est-fait-renato-sanches-est-lillois-1754606.html

Lille player.

If that photo is any indication, I think the man smokes too much weed lol.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:21 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@Mr Nick09 wrote:His real issue is that he is older than he says he is

Wikipedia wrote:On 8 July 2016, the hospital where Sanches was born published the document which proved he was born on 18 August 1997 at 15:25 local time

Never heard of this so looked it up (because it seems plausible). Looks like his age is legitimate though. Unless someone in the hospital was bribed to forge a record or something

There's really no doubt about his age whatsoever. He's always looked his age. He's been at Bayern for 3 years now, he's a kid, he was a full on kid when he joined, now slightly less of a kid.

It doesn't seem 'plausible' at all, why would it seem plausible?

It's just casual racism that does seem to be tolerated on here.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum