BarrileteCosmico
zigra
urbaNRoots
Jonathan28
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 11 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by silver Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:37 am

Do you think Jon Snow's real name is going to be Aegon Targaryen? How do you name both your son's Aegon...

Do you think it's going to get confusing with the first born Aegon (or fAegon o.O)?

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 11 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by zigra Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:29 am

I don't think so. Neither Aegon nor Targaryen.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:04 pm

You guys think the next book will be out before the final season?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Possible but certainly wouldn't count on it. Think 2019 is more likely.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:42 pm

silver wrote:Do you think Jon Snow's real name is going to be Aegon Targaryen? How do you name both your son's Aegon...

Do you think it's going to get confusing with the first born Aegon (or fAegon o.O)?

No way would Rhaegar name two of his sons Aegon. There is some foreshadowing that Jon's name is Aemon.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Yeah I'm in team Aemon, but I also think he is a bastard, no way that GRRM pulls off the 'secret annulment and wedding' card just like that in the books, it's far too dumb.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah I'm in team Aemon, but I also think he is a bastard, no way that GRRM pulls off the 'secret annulment and wedding' card just like that in the books, it's far too dumb.

Probably polygamy. There's no way Jon is a bastard imo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Eh, I don't know, feels like if it was a marriage it would probably be ilegal under Westerosi law and no one would recognize it as such, and the people able to argue for it's legitimacy are all dead now anyways. So even if they did get married the fact that it was secret kind of defeats the purpose. I think most of Westeros will see him as a bastard rather than the rightful heir of House Targaryen.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:36 pm

I think he won't be a bastard. It feels like this was the kind of thing that GRRM told D&D from the beginning.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 pm

There is a conspiracy theory that DnD have paid GRRM to not publish any books till the TV show is finished.

Thoughts?

If TWOW isn't out till Season 8. I will believe that one for sure.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 am

I doubt that considering the show would benefit greatly from a new book. When A Dance with Dragons release date came out right before the first Game of Thrones episode, the hype was what basically made the first season.

Also getting a new book would mean more details and foreshadowing for the end game which I'm sure the GoT writers have counted on when they started writing the show.

The more likely reason is GRRM introduced too many new storylines/characters after the third book (and after he killed some of the best characters in the story) and now has no idea how to resolve them without writing ANOTHER book on top of the already planned books. Dorne/Iron Islands/Aegon/Lady Stoneheart etc... *bleep* him up.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Thoughts?

Rhaegar is Azor Ahai. Jon Snow is Lightbringer aka The Prince That Was Promised. There were three attempts to create the sword according to legend.

He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer

Here is three attempts:

1) Aemon said, that at first Rhaegar thought he is the prince that was promised. He died at the Trident. "When he went to temper it in water, the sword broke".

2) Later he started to think his son Aegon is the one. But Aegon was murdered under Tywin's orders, who wanted revenge on Aerys. Lion's heart.

3) After Azor Ahai (Rhaegar) pierced Nissa-Nissa (Lyanna) with his sword true Lightbringer was created. It killed Lyanna but her blood, her soul and her strength went into the steel.... Lightbringer is Lyanna's son - Jon Snow. He is The Prince That Was Promised and his song is The Song of Ice and Fire.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:40 am

All I read was "Rhaegar pierced Lyanna with his sword..."
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/7wqddm/spoilers_extended_grrm_states_that_fire_and_blood/

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/632/211/aa0.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 am

Laughing

How is this not out yet, I haven’t thought about these books for so long.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Lmao, the books are just not coming out at all.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Urbi read The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson then research about the 'Cosmere'
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Maybe he died.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm

What is dead may never die
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 pm

I know no one cares about it anymore but GRRM pretty much confirmed WOW won't be released in 2018.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:04 pm

lazy pos
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm so shocked...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:04 am

RealGunner wrote:I know no one cares about it anymore but GRRM pretty much confirmed WOW won't be released in 2018.

It's ****ing April ffs
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am

lol, at this point Half-Life 3 is coming out before TWoW.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:03 pm

'I've been struggling with it': George RR Martin on The Winds of Winter

“The Winds of Winter is next, then I’ll decide what comes after that – whether it’s to go on to A Dream of Spring, the last one, or whether I switch back into Fire and Blood II, do another Dunk and Egg story or two. But I’ll worry about that one thing at a time – that’s too far ahead.”

It sucks for you book fans, he is absolutely NEVER finishing this series. Lazy pos. It seems to be a trend with a lot of fantasy nowadays where the authors ambitions and plans just cna't be realized for whatever reason, or they just lose interest. I'm never starting a fantasy series again that isn't a standalone or finished.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm

What a shame.

It sucks even more because it's one of the greatest fantasy series ever written. He is a unique author. basically the American Kentaro Miura

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next