BarrileteCosmico
zigra
urbaNRoots
Jonathan28
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 10 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:16 am

Clearly. Set pics confirmed a lot of stuff the dude was saying.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 10 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Well that blows
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 pm

http://grrm.livejournal.com/540063.html

*bleep* Wild Cards
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:46 am

Guy obviously hates writing ASOIAF. It has become a chore for him. He has lost all interest, otherwise he wouldn't spend times on wild cards.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:47 am

Pretty much that.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:42 am

RealGunner wrote:Actually can't predict his end game.

I do think GRRM has something bad planned for him. Either turning him into the next night king or being killed by Arya. But he is going to survive till the last 3-4 chapters at least.

More appropriate for this thread. I think Jon's gonna take a really dark turn post resurrection. Beric said that you lost a lot of yourself and your memories when you die and come back again. Beric does not remember the name of his mother or what his wife looks like. I think Jon is gonna forget what Arya looks like and when Jeyne Poole shows up, he's gonna think its Arya.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:06 am

Alright, when I saw people saying Cersei standing on the Neck and Jaime on the Fingers (on the huge floor map) from the trailer was foreshadowing Jaime is gonna choke the f out of Cersei, I wrote it off as prime tinfoil. But after today's episode which had Ed *bleep* Sheeran singing "for hands of gold are always cold", yeah its definitely happening.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 am

Pretty clever if this what they are planning :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 am

Thoros: What do you see in the fire?

Hound: A mountain

HYYYYYPPEEEEEEEEEEE
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:29 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/24/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-could-be-out-in-2018-says-george-rr-martin

2018 release date. Not that anyone still thought he could make it this year.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

lol dont care
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/24/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-could-be-out-in-2018-says-george-rr-martin

2018 release date. Not that anyone still thought he could make it this year.

Maybe 2018. And not the good maybe.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Some prediction of the books based on this season's events.

- Arya will get Dark Sister from Bran who gets it from Bloodraven. They changed it to the dagger in the show because its already established and they never talked about any of the legendary Targaryen swords.

- Jon Connington "friends in the Reach" are the Tarlies. House Hightower and House Tarly were the two most popular candidates. They are combining Aegon and Dany's storyline from the books into one in the show. Aegon will have Tarlies from The Reach at his side (like Daenerys had the Tyrells) and the Martells through marriage with Arianne (like Daenerys had the Sand Sneks). Still think he will be a Blackfyre.

- Field Of Fire 2 is 100% happening in the books too and I expect Jaime's charge to be in as well. He already did it to Robb in Whispering Wood and I can see history repeating itself. I don't know who will save him though, it won't be Bronn. Either Brienne or a minor character like Adam Marbrand, Garlan Tyrell or Daven Lannister.

- Tyrion will use the drains to take over Casterly Rock just like the show. The difference being it will be Brown Ben Plumm and the Second Sons who does it and not Grey Worm and the Unsullied.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:26 pm

GRRM has gone really overboard with the plots and subplots in the last two books, it's not a surprise that he can't seem to finish the story.

He has hinted at Cersei getting powerful again after the trial, he has fAegon and the Golden Company already in Westeros conquering castles (Storm's End), he has hinted at Jon Snow becoming King (with Robb's will), Dany will at some point move to Westeros, he has hyped the f out of Euron, he made a big effort to put Littlefinger on top of the Vale in AFFC, Randyll Tarly being a wildcard in King's Landing.

I have no idea how he will resolve all these things tbh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:51 pm

That's why he is struggling. Not to mention the shows taking over his work must have dented his spirits.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 am

urbaNRoots wrote:GRRM has gone really overboard with the plots and subplots in the last two books, it's not a surprise that he can't seem to finish the story.

He has hinted at Cersei getting powerful again after the trial, he has fAegon and the Golden Company already in Westeros conquering castles (Storm's End), he has hinted at Jon Snow becoming King (with Robb's will), Dany will at some point move to Westeros, he has hyped the f out of Euron, he made a big effort to put Littlefinger on top of the Vale in AFFC, Randyll Tarly being a wildcard in King's Landing.

I have no idea how he will resolve all these things tbh.

Don't forget Davos sailing to a land of *bleep* unicorns and cannibals to find Rickon, Areo Hotah and Obara Sand pursuing Darkstar in Dorne, Nymeria Sand joining the small council in KL, Tyene Sand infiltrating the High Sparrow's Faith militant as a septa, Sarella Sand impersonating a boy in the Citadel where Sam and Jaqen H'gar (who stole the face of an apprentice) are, Tyrion and Jorah fighting with the Second Sons in the Battle Of Fire, Victarion arriving in Meereen with Euron's dragonhorn and the Greyjoy fleet, Nymeria and her wolfpack wreaking havoc in the riverlands, Jaime being led to Lady Stoneheart by Brienne, Cotter Pyke and the Nights Watch stranded at Hardhome surrounded by wights, Aurane Waters going rogue with Cersei's fleets turning into a pirate lord.

I'm pretty sure I missed some things too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:08 am

Don't know how you could have remembered all that stuff unless you've just (re-)read the books.

In a way I'm glad the TV show got rid of some less important characters (well not fAegon...)
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am

Most of that involves major characters/plotlines so it's hardly a surprise. Aurane Waters turning into a pirate was in a WoW chapter though (afair).
I guess it would be easy to forget about a few Sands but then again them being everywhere was a big point.

Also both urban and M99 forgot to mention that the one true king won't fall against the Boltons Molenation
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Stannis... how did I forget that, it's probably my favourite storyline in ADWD. We haven't even mentioned Arya and Braavos, the slave revolt in Volantis, the Second Sons and their obsession with sacking Pentos, Edric Storm in Lys, the fate of Tyrek Lannister, the mystery of Rosby's heir... much and more

What's worrying is that GURM said Tyrion and Dany will not even meet until much later in TWOW, which means she reach Westeros until ADOS which will never come out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm

zigra wrote:Most of that involves major characters/plotlines so it's hardly a surprise. Aurane Waters turning into a pirate was in a WoW chapter though (afair).
I guess it would be easy to forget about a few Sands but then again them being everywhere was a big point.

Also both urban and M99 forgot to mention that the one true king won't fall against the Boltons Molenation

I omitted everything that was shown on TV. sadly I think Stannis will fall against the Boltons and that the Pink Letter was real, the timelines were a jumbled up and GRRM wanted to end ADWD with Jon's death. The TV show won't do such a major deviation from the books imo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Well I always said I don't expect wow/ados to have very much in common with the show so we'll see.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Sad thing is that despite all those sub plots and numerous threads, it will all end up the same way as it will in the show.

So if you are "enjoying the journey rather than the destination" kinda guy you'll be fine. If you already know how it pans out in the end, your motivation level won't be as high.

GRRM is an amazing author so it will still be a privilege to read his work though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Good thing is I can always say that's not true because ADOS will never be released Proud

Stannis WILL rule the 7 kingdoms Molenation
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Have a sneaky feeling that next book is last.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Lol exactly what was going through my mind at that scene.

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 10 PghtA2GC5X1PX81OstEd3TbkWBOd-MOuJ3f3egYP3xI
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:37 am

Do you think Jon Snow's real name is going to be Aegon Targaryen? How do you name both your son's Aegon...

Do you think it's going to get confusing with the first born Aegon (or fAegon o.O)?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next