Harmonica
futbol
Hapless_Hans
CBarca
33 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

WHO WILL PREVAIL?!

Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina - Page 6 Vote_lcap50%Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina - Page 6 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina - Page 6 Vote_lcap50%Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina - Page 6 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina - Page 6 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:12 am

Masche limping... hope it's nothing serious.

In spite of the scoreline I'm not entirely happy with the performance, felt like we weren't really dominating the midfield (kinda inexcusable considering USA didn't have a midfield) or brought the game to them. Many times we were  needlessly passing between CBs when we should have been trying to create from the midfield. I suppose it comes down to the Augusto Fernandez - Masche - Banega midfield we played, where only one of them is technical and was relegated to cover the gaping holes Walkessi leaves. Feels like our only source of creativity is still Messi.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina - Page 6 Empty Re: Copa America 2016 - SFs - USA vs Argentina

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:16 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Masche limping... hope it's nothing serious.

In spite of the scoreline I'm not entirely happy with the performance, felt like we weren't really dominating the midfield (kinda inexcusable considering USA didn't have a midfield) or brought the game to them. Many times we were  needlessly passing between CBs when we should have been trying to create from the midfield. I suppose it comes down to the Augusto Fernandez - Masche - Banega midfield we played, where only one of them is technical and was relegated to cover the gaping holes Walkessi leaves. Feels like our only source of creativity is still Messi.

Probably because you had the game in control from minute 3. When you guys felt like playing seeing that transition from defense to attack was so sexy to watch.

It was easy to see that Argentina even with 30% effort, were totally fine so I guess they didn't see a need to really exert themselves.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Masche limping... hope it's nothing serious.

67% possession and you are worried about your midfield? Not that I'm the possession obsession kind of guy, but if you watched the game it really looked like you were in control the whole game.

I think that was the whole point... why risk dominance if the other team is not doing anything to disrupt it? By that time, the scoreline was way up and there wasn't any need to really increase the tempo, plus, you had 1 less day off than the other semifinalists, so the more energy you save, the better.

Messi being Messi is unmarkable, so this means you maintain your structure while giving Messi freedom to wreak havoc. Higgs is not the creative striker type, so you pretty much have to feed him constantly, which means there's less creativity down the middle than if you had, say, Aguero.

This means you're left with Messi magic and the wingers. You looked much better defensively, I'd say, so that's great. I think the balance payed off at the end. Goals galore and the USA looked completely stiff.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClhXjauWMAADlBo.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 am

70% possession for Argentina, 1 shot on goal out of 2 shots for USA. Score might of not been as bad as the Chile scoreline vs us but thats still domination.

I honestly don't get the gameplan here for Kilnsman, the team did zero pressing for like 40 mins straight. Would just stand around, not even parking the bus, with full space everywhere, not doing anything. When you do that its like the other team is out there practicing with cones. Couldn't hold the ball, wouldn't press and win it back, couldn't get nothing past the defense. And funny enough, I told my buddy that I was gonna go online and everyone was gonna single out Bradley, as if it wasn't the entire team that did absolutely shit out there. They all blew it, and the orchestrator was Klinnsemen

Lets face it, we both got CONEMBOL'ed. Hope Argentina can get Di Maria or Lavezzi healthy for the final (I'm still LOL at Lavezzi, funnies thing I've seen in a while LOL) as I want to see the best possible 11 face the best possible 11
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:01 am

I mean, I'm sure the US weren't planning on conceding so early either, but yeah, the tactical confusion, the nonexistent midfield.

On one hand, that was awful from Klinsmann. On the other, if you look at the quality of the US team and Argentina, none of this is unexpected.

I was hyping it up because I wanted to believe :/
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:13 am

Lavezzi broke his arm with that fall he took
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 am

CBarca wrote:Hope it's not bad, looks to me like he may have broke his arm tho, from what I saw

Lamela in tho, guess I will watch the rest

Take it from someone who has broken his arm Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:10 am

A comment I find

Trump after the match "Folks we gotta build a HUGE WALL .... to keep Messi's free kicks out"

rofl
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:01 am

https://i.imgur.com/4A2Rng3.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:34 am

Abysmal. Why oh why should Wondolowski start this game? Why isn't Zardes up front? Where is Nagbe?

So many questions. So many unnecessary changes.

We deserve all of the ridicule after that performance. Embarrassing.

Between us and Mexico getting blown out, CONCACAF don't deserve to merge with CONMEBOL, we'll just end up weakening the Copa at this point although the argument could be had that playing this level of opponent more often will make us better as well.

Either way, I don't think there was a plan we had that would've stopped this side. They are that good.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:01 am

Casciavit wrote:Tata wearing suits these days

ffs where did the pistachio colored shirt go

Rewatched a bit of this now and didn#t even recognize Tata for about 25 minutes, until his name was mentioned Laughing
Honestly though he had been fired hmm
Why did he change his prime 2007 Messi hairstlye? is he going to get rentboy tattoos and a red beard too now?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Pictured: Harmonica

https://i.imgur.com/aG04ZsX.jpg
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:34 pm

That's photoshoped! Harmonica doesn't bow down to Messi, he hugs him 10 Mississippi followed by quick peck on mouth and subtle smack on butt.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Klinsmann should be sack for starting Chris Fracking Wondolowski :facepalm:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Was never going to forgive Wondo after WC2014, now my disdain has grown. Offered nothing all game and was responsible completely for the second goal
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:18 pm

The joke's on all of you for still not having fired Klinsmann.

I don't think there's anything as sad and pathetic, in all of football, as watching the USA national team perform.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:36 pm

windkick wrote:70% possession for Argentina, 1 shot on goal out of 2 shots for USA. Score might of not been as bad as the Chile scoreline vs us but thats still domination.

I honestly don't get the gameplan here for Kilnsman, the team did zero pressing for like 40 mins straight. Would just stand around, not even parking the bus, with full space everywhere, not doing anything. When you do that its like the other team is out there practicing with cones. Couldn't hold the ball, wouldn't press and win it back, couldn't get nothing past the defense. And funny enough, I told my buddy that I was gonna go online and everyone was gonna single out Bradley, as if it wasn't the entire team that did absolutely shit out there. They all blew it, and the orchestrator was Klinnsemen

Lets face it, we both got CONEMBOL'ed. Hope Argentina can get Di Maria or Lavezzi healthy for the final (I'm still LOL at Lavezzi, funnies thing I've seen in a while LOL) as I want to see the best possible 11 face the best possible 11

Exactly. I thought Argentina controlled the game from start to finish and were in total control of the midfield. The American press was a joke. They had no clue what to do when Masch dropped between the CB's and made it 3 vs 2 at the back. Their pressing was non existent then. Made Masch look like prime Busquets and Argentina like prime Pepcelona. Shocking coaching from Klinsi.
Maybe he ought to go back to Europe. Maybe another stint at Bayern. What say hans Thumbs up

Still, Argentina looked really good like they have all tournament. They beat Chile without Messi and look a very good team playing good football.
Massive credit to Tata for finally getting the best out of Argentina and Messi. He is a much better coach than he is given credit for.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:01 pm

4-0 rofl, worse than 7-0 imo.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 pm

My issue is that yes, we controlled and had possession, but we didn't really use it in any meaningful way. Messi was still dropping to Masche's level to pick up the ball. I accept that as Falcao said we were at 30% capacity after the 2nd goal, but I feel like Argentina has a duty to play like a "big team" and be proactive when we're playing the US. We were never in any danger, so why are our CBs passing the ball between each other?

Again, I think it comes down to the midfield we played. Augusto looks to be injured and replaced by the recovering Biglia, who is more of a CM than a DM, so perhaps this will change next match.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 pm

i took it as argentina just stalling to waste time, conserve energy.

they were up 2-0 and usa were fine just defending so argentina passed back waiting for usa to come more forward and give more space
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:50 am

LOL @ MLS starting while the copa america is still being played AND United frickin' States is playing on top of it. Thats just terrible.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6