Adit
Perucho21
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
11 posters

Go down

Highlights of the Season Empty Highlights of the Season

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 29, 2016 9:08 pm

What are some of your guys favorite moments from this season? It can be goals, assists, victories, crucial moments within the club, players that stood out, etc

My top 3 (la undecima is a given)

1.Keylord
2. Lucas Vasquez
3. Casemiro

There's a lot more too but these are the 3 that stood out to me all season for all different reasons :bow:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Highlights of the Season Empty Re: Highlights of the Season

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Highlights of this season:

1) Fax machine problems which meant an honourable gentleman like Keylord could lead us to LaUndecima. No disrespect to DDG who would probably have been just as good but surplus nonetheless

2) The sacking of Rafa who in just 5 months successfully alienated half the team, some of them before he even stepped a foot in Valdebebas

3) Appointing someone from the Carlo era coaching team. Not only did they know these players best but the squad respect them. Be it ZZ or Clement or Carlo. ZZ had the CL win as a player to win the madridismo over. Lets face it, he has made us play defensive a few times since he came, particularly in CL if Rafa had done that he would have been criticised by everyone bar his buddy Guillem Balague

4) ZZ restoring order by putting Carvajal and Pepe back in after they were benched under Rafa

5) The revelation of Lucas Vasquez who was rewarded by both coaches and got to play in some very important matches

6) Casemiro coming in and showing Kroos how to really act like the DM which has let Kroos focus less on defence and more on controlling the rythm of the game

7) ZZ's positive rotations and learning from his mistakes. He rectified everything he did bad when he started

8 ) Ramos and Pepe stepping up when it mattered from the horrendous defending we saw under Rafa

9) Marcelo staying injury free, thank God

10) Bale Shocked his close control Shocked his dribbling Shocked stepping up when it mattered Shocked Keep it up ffs

11) Undecima Smile
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun May 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Adit and Valk overreacting to everything was a main highlight
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Ffs Laughing

Any way my highlights are

1. Bale becoming the biggest threat from our attack. When he gets the back my hope also goes up.

2. The walk fest on display to get Rafa sacked in clasico.

3.Lucas contributing a huge deal to the whole season.

4. Casemiro showing he is as good as it gets defensively for a DM.

5.Zidane abandoning structural discipline after he realized the players can't do that. Went pragmatic after that.

6.Keylor Navas being best keeper in the world.

7.Pepe showing in the final he can be used to rotate dynamos. Unlimited energy production method.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 29, 2016 10:36 pm

lowpoints of the season
1. slow summer
2. hiring rafa
3. de gea transfer; not cos i wanted him, but the whole situation made us look irresponsible, especially the fact it was going to cost a lot of money for a goalie with just a year left. i try to tell myself maybe flo did that on purpose but i doubt
4. copa del rey knockout
5. el clasico
6. losing at home to atleti
7. beating crap sides and scoring multiple hattricks vs the likes of malmo , getafe, rayo et al and being complete crap against reasonable teams

Highlights
1. introduction of carvajal and casemiro, and doing away with a midfield 4 of modric, kroos, isco and james
2. cristiano, ramos and zidane after cron's roma goal- one sensed unity in the team...still didn't expect much, takes more than unity to win titles, but at least the team was together
3. el clasico - the fight we showed in that game, to actually comeback was great
4. wolfsburg comeback
5. introduction of lucas as a valuable backup
6. rayo vallecano comeback- didn't win the league, but once again showed attitude
7. Another champions league winning experience.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 29, 2016 11:32 pm

The fax machine fiasco was way too hilarious and embarrassing to not warrant a mention. The CDR elimination at the hands of incompetency was just stupid and embarrassing and I really hoped someone quietly got reprimanded for that.

Um, Rafa's tenure was also something else and the now legendary 4-2-4 formation that saw get a complete hiding from Barcelona. Danilo was a highlight as well for all the wrong reasons but you know what, he kept trying to improve and I respect that. Still, he made quite a few wingers look incredible.

Lucas and Casemiro were a joy to watch for various reasons. We all know what those reasons are. Seeing Barcelona go from sure treble winners to looking like they can finish trophy-less to eventual double winners was also an highlight on its own due to the various moods of the Cule.

Of course, the biggest highlight is winning the UCL with a newbie manager in Zidane who most of our rivals ridiculed. Said newbie manager also showed great promise in how he can run this mad mad club.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon May 30, 2016 1:34 am

Every single moment. Super season.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unrighteous Mon May 30, 2016 2:58 am

1) Ronaldo tracking back, never thought I would see it, Zizou is the man.
2) Keylor Navas, MVP this season, took a yellow in the final and psyched out Griezzman causing him to miss the penalty.
3) Ramos stepping it up as Captain when it mattered!
4) Getting rid on Rafa, should of done that way sooner, now we need Florentine to GTFO
5) LA UNDECIMA!!!!
Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 30, 2016 4:30 am

This is the highlight of the season :

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 30, 2016 4:33 am

The guy in my sig is the true MVP.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 30, 2016 4:58 am

In order:

1- Zidane
2- Bale
3- Navas
4- Casemiro
5- Carvajal
6- Modric
7- Ramos

Ramos for coming up big in the biggest game again. Otherwise, he doesn't even sniff the list.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 30, 2016 5:05 am

The underrating of Ramos is unbelievable. Btw, no Ronaldo in the hightlights of the season ? Without him we would have been out in R16 Laughing

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon May 30, 2016 1:09 pm

As anyone noticed we cannot truly pick a player of the season who will get fans' uninamous vote.
At times, you feel like keylor Navas deserves it, all our attacking efforts would have been in vain, but then you remember how important kroos and modric were, they made the whole team tick. It also feels befitting to give it to Casemiro as he restored balance to the team and was the pivot around which the team was built, then you have Benzema's habit of scoring the opening goal which made him look like he was heading for player of the season, but he spent so much time on the sideline.
Ronaldo started the season stat padding, but immediately Zidane came in, he became a big game player. Memories of his performance in the Clasico and particularly his Hatrick against Wolfsburg is simply the stuff of legends; and then we have Bale, who spent almost half his season injured but always, always turned up in the big games and had his best season so far.
In lisbon, he scored the winning goal; in Milan, he assisted the winning goal, constantly harrassed atletico and helped track back.

We also have the blockhead Captain Ramos. Started the season badly but towards the end of the season, he and Pepe became reliable and impenetrable. Just like in Lisbon, he scored the only goal in normal time.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon May 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Keylor would have won it but the introduction of Casemiro and improvement of pepe ramos gave us more security in defense and meant that he had less work to do.

On that note, I think I will give it to casemiro for the ripple effect it had on the team.
He reduced the pressure off keylor and the centre backs, he covered up for marcelo, he allowed kroos and modric to finally express themselves and he gave the team an overall balance.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Well said shade, echoing my thoughts exactly on every single player

I felt Navas had less to do when ZZ came over which could be attributed to the fact we actually started playing with a DM then

Come to think of it I feel Casemiro was the biggest revelation this season, to think he came over after being cast aside by Carlo and started performing from minute one. We are unbeaten against Atleti with him and we only conceded in late second half against them after our subs let us down both times as well as 2nd half defensive tactics in both games. He helped us snuff anything resemblind like attacks in the 1st halves. Hope he does a Bale and suddenly looks like prime Ronaldinho on the ball out of nowhere so people can stop complaining about his passing accuracy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon May 30, 2016 4:07 pm

@hala
Do you know he had the highest passing accuracy in milan
He even had about 3 shots at goal.
People seem to forget the Casemiro at porto. He was an allround player.
He has the ability to contribute to the attack like any of our midfielders. You just have to make him believe he doesn't always have to pass the ball to kroos or modric!

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 31, 2016 3:19 am

As long as he has time on the ball (which won't be the case all the time), his passing is very accurate particularly those Xabi-esque cross field long passes. And it isn't his passing that worries me, it is his technique under pressure but I too hope he just evolves into preferably a Redondo over the summer.

Would solve everything in one fell swoop. Still need a back up DM though hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 31, 2016 10:57 pm

Lucas Vasquez got called up to the NT at the expense of Saul and Isco. Congratulations to the kid he deserves it. Isco must be devqstaged though but truth is he has no done enough to be selected this season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:49 am

That is honestly surprising by Don Vicente but I guess his hard work paid off. Isco and Saul must be feeling real crappy though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down