S
Freeza
RealGunner
rincon
urbaNRoots
60 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 am

sportsczy wrote:I think Barca is very unique in that the same philosophy of play is practiced at every level going on 25 years now...  so the manager's job is really to adapt that philosophy to the current day squad.  As long as the club has success, this won't change.  Brazil NT was the exact same way until they started losing...  and then they changed (too much unfortunately for football).

I think Enrique is doing a good job. He's adapted the players to the style of play and sold them on their roles. For example, Messi agreed to take a back step in terms of being the go-to scorer when Suarez was struggling in the first half of last season. By allowing Suarez to be the focus on top, Messi compromised for the success of the team. That was not an easy sell and he did it. The team is well coached too obviously.

I think they expectation that you need to win everything or you've failed is ridiculous.  That's not how football works.  A treble followed by a double is more than great.

I see what u mean, but players need to be sold in order for them to be willing and convinced right? I mean big player such as Messi sure, but others would do anything to get into the team I would have thought.

Yes I guess most ppl judge too much based on winning, when margin between winning and not is so small these days, or when the CL u have so many clubs wanting to win it every season but u can only have one, etc. Its probably more realistic to see the performance and level of the team to appreciate them in addition to just purely of trophies if that makes sense.

What do u think about new players he brought in though, like Turan?

And do u have an opinion about Mou @ Man U vs Pep @ Man C? Would be interested to hear it Smile

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:17 am

Well Barca had a transfer ban to deal with so they had to take whoever they could for depth because they didn't have the option to react to anything for a couple of windows... so I understand the Turan signing. Iniesta gets injured often enough that you need quality depth. On this same topic... I didn't understand why a good backup forward wasn't signed.

Not sure who decides on transfers at Barca tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Well Barca had a transfer ban to deal with so they had to take whoever they could for depth because they didn't have the option to react to anything for a couple of windows... so I understand the Turan signing. Iniesta gets injured often enough that you need quality depth. On this same topic... I didn't understand why a good backup forward wasn't signed.

Not sure who decides on transfers at Barca tbh.

They wanted Nolito but didn't want to pay what Celta was asking, their counteroffer was a loan with an obligation to buy, but Celta wanted the money right away

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Thanks guys, and hopefully this summer we will get to see more clearly exactly how we do and who does the transfer business now.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:48 am

Im only now just reading this thread...

Zidane did great job and showed tactical acumen. Only missed marks  was mancity 1st leg. Everything else Zidane had a A+ game plan. What is this man managed no tactics success nonsense? This isnt remotely close to di matteo, Zidane actually has us playing football. Disgusting lot the some of ye.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:53 pm

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2016/09/11/57d5441846163f955f8b45e7.html

La Liga point totals since ZZ became RM's manager (23 La Liga games):

RM - 62 points
Barcelona - 55 points
Atletico - 52 points
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:52 pm

Just equaled Pep's 2010-2011 Barcelona side with 16 wins in a row in La Liga. Somewhere in Germany, Futbol nodded with approval then reported his nodding.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 am

none of these "records" matter right now. i consider them 'carry over' records, kinda like super cups. get them based on what you achieved the previous season (granted you still have to play matches to win them). a "record" when the season is still early is of very little importance. i liked kiko casilla's comment regarding it, and trust the players are not enamored by it
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Zidane is the real fraud :bow:

I can't believe it tbh...though I can't wait for when this clown goes on a losing streak, you'll find me here after every reply Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:31 pm

How exactly is Zidane a fraud?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:38 pm

And how is he a clown ? Laughing  the nerves on these kids smh.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Yepp can't wait for him to go on a losing streak in the next preseason tbh. After all who cares about those games Thumbs up until then however, may his winning streak continue
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Playing mediocre football at best with those stars. I can name 10 managers in La Liga alone who are better than that headbutting clown Laughing

Seriously, I can't wait for the day his luck runs out Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Dany is probably jelly that Zizo is going to break Guardiola's consecutive wins record very soon. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:03 pm

Winning the champions league in your first 6 months as a coach and leading your team to more league wins than any other team isn't enough apparently,you have to do it playing total football and shit otherwise you're a fraud . :facepalm:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 pm

I mean, if you wanna harass Sports danyjr, you can do it in a less obvious way.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Pedram wrote:Dany is probably jelly that Zizo is going to break Guardiola's consecutive wins record very soon. :coffee:

I could care less about Fraudiola tbh, not a fan of his :coffee:

farfan wrote:Winning the champions league in your first 6 months as a coach and leading your team to more league wins than any other team isn't enough apparently,you have to do it playing total football and shit otherwise you're a fraud . :facepalm:

Playing Meh City and almost getting eliminated by Wolfsburg towards the run to the final is a great achievement indeed Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Doc wrote:I mean, if you wanna harass Sports danyjr, you can do it in a less obvious way.

Noted Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:51 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Yepp can't wait for him to go on a losing streak in the next preseason tbh. After all who cares about those games Thumbs up until then however, may his winning streak continue

Dat self-jinx hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:04 am

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Curu2fAWYAIyV5W

hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:05 am

Some of the draws have been unnecessarily hard-fought and/or fluky, but I'm really surprised they haven't lost, yet. "Tough nut to crack" is definitely not the right expression to use here. God knows how opposing teams have been failing to score against a team with habitual possession leaks, and a defense including Ramos doing his best impression of a drunkard for 90 minutes. It's pretty extraordinary. I suppose they've yet to meet a relatively strong team, bar Dortmund.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:35 am

Zidane's tactics are actually better suited against better teams... with Modric and Marcelo out, we haven't had even a little bit of creativity to feed the forwards. So we've had a hard time creating chances against teams that play very low.

Against, teams that actually try to attack us, we can just play the counter attack and not need that technical/creative touch in tight spaces.

It works better for us.

Besides, Ramos is out... but even when he's healthy, he seems to do better against top teams as he actually concentrates. He goes crazy in the other games mostly ALTHOUGH he did have brainfarts against Dortmund.

We should have won two of these draws btw. Last second goals to ties us. If Casemiro was healthy, we don't concede those imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:49 am

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/real-madrid-zidane-ne-se-considere-pas-comme-un-grand-entraineur-1048200.html

"I'm not a magician. I never considered myself a great manager and I probably never will. I may have won the Champion's League but that doesn't mean that I will ever think that I am the best manager. I am a young manager with the desire to learn. I am managing a big club, with its complications, and I have to keep working, nothing more."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:04 pm

So why doesn't his biggest supporter, think the same!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next