Mr Nick09
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
72 posters

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

Ousmane Dembélé - Page 20 Empty Re: Ousmane Dembélé

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:36 am

I haven't overrated Dembélé at all. He's actually been great when he was able to play, for Barca, as he was for BVB.

Difference is that Barca instigated him to move ambush-style when he wasn't yet actually planning to, had him go on strike to make it happen, created a bad reputation for him in the process, created a bad environment of expectation,  threw stupid money at the transfer because they got fucked over by Neymar, have an army of mean-spirited, entitled psychopath fans, who are just terrible people, and who are then let loose on a player leaving him no time to settle in, and then have quite obviously not taken care of him properly in terms of medical care and careful rehab as he keeps injuring himself right after he returns (with muscle injuries no less, not accidents).

Bottom line, Barca have ruined an exciting, entertaining, spectacular young player, of the sort there aren't actually many around.
You guys keep targeting me for telling it like it is, for some silly reasons, and I don't mind, but it's actually all of our loss as football fans, not just mine, yours too.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:24 pm

A lot of disrespect for a top talent, would love to see him in the Premier League (preferrably at Arsenal). The injuries are a bummer, I hope he can stay healthy in the future.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Barca did ruin him and it started with their maniac style transfer policy where they encourage players to burn bridges with their clubs for the sake of a transfer request. And when they (barca) dont get what they want they start throwing out words like 'slavery'. Now I bet they're planning to dump this talented player in lieu of the injuries
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm

Are you serious. Barca fans were excited for his return all across the board. Nobody shunned him for having a ridiculous price tag. He had all the time in the world to recover. Received the best treatment in Dubai as well as constant care and attention.

Barca gave him everything in order to succed and it is him who threw it away. I've never seen anyone get so many injuries, so frequently and every one worse than the one before.

But apparently Bartomeu counts on Dembele for next season. So I guess he will get another chance that he doesn't deserve.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Myesyats wrote:Are you serious. Barca fans were excited for his return all across the board. Nobody shunned him for having a ridiculous price tag. He had all the time in the world to recover. Received the best treatment in Dubai as well as constant care and attention.

Barca gave him everything in order to succed and it is him who threw it away. I've never seen anyone get so many injuries, so frequently and every one worse than the one before.

But apparently Bartomeu counts on Dembele for next season. So I guess he will get another chance that he doesn't deserve.

Do you want me to find your quotes about him right after he had his first games?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:14 pm

I'll do that for you!!

Myesyats wrote:His passes were off but he had a couple great runs and he was tracking back really well. Also he played a big part in creation of the first goal.

Im liking what I seen from him for now. He needs to be more agressive with his runs though, his speed is insane and he needs to take advantage of that.

and the argument that he better perform at Neymar level from the start becauase of the amount that was spent on him,is ridiculous! its not his fault that the market is inflated right now.

Myesyats wrote:I think he has the potential to be WC but his mentality might stand in the way..

Myesyats wrote:Dembélé was successfully operated today to repair a ruptured biceps femoris in his left leg and is expected to be out for 3.5 months. [fcb]

I feel so sorry for the kid...

Myesyats wrote:He's back!  cheers

Ousmane Dembélé - Page 20 DQXVHDxW0AAkzjJ

Myesyats wrote:
danyjr wrote:Black Deulofeu is most fitting.

fútbol Proud

Nah... come on

Every player needs time to settle, especially the young ones. Also, Dembele hasnt had much luck with avoiding injuries that keep him sidelined and hinder his progress.

I think people expect too much considering the little amount of games he played so far. If I go back in time, I don't exactly remember Neymar scoring hattricks every game since his debut... He looked pretty colorless too, to be honest.

And from what i've seen so far, Dembele is pretty good on the ball and can beat his opponent in a 1v1 with ease. Goals and more assists will come.

Myesyats wrote:
eelir wrote:He tends to release the ball to far away from himself on his first touch. Probably because in Dortmund he had space and could beat his marker with the help of his speed. It is not working so well at Barca.
That's only a matter of adjusting himself to the system and the leauge though. He definitely has great control of the ball and his touch isn't heavy at all.

He's got the skill and the quality, the only question and concern is his mentality imo.

I think that he needs to believe in himself more because the quality is there, the monster just needs to be awaken.

etc etc

I knew he had the quality but mentality was lacking from the start. From there came injuries and I started to become more hesitant but I was quite optimistic from the start.

I was even saying that Neymar looked "pretty colorless too in the beginning"!!! I mean come on. I had, more often than not, very high hopes with a little bit of reservation. Late 2018 is where it went downhill I think.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm

fair enough Proud

I'll exclude you
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 pm

But don't you think enough is enough Mr Hans?......he joined summer 2017, now injured until summer 2020 and we're yet to see him play 5 full games in a row, let alone 5 impressive games.

the guy will double his salary through medical bills... You have to understand our frustration as fans seeing as those 120m could've been spent so much, much better.... very regrettable and impulsive post-neymar panic transfer move :facepalm:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 am

Myesyats wrote:But don't you think enough is enough Mr Hans?......he joined summer 2017, now injured until summer 2020 and we're yet to see him play 5 full games in a row, let alone 5 impressive games.

the guy will double his salary through medical bills... You have to understand our frustration as fans seeing as those 120m could've been spent so much, much better.... very regrettable and impulsive post-neymar panic transfer move :facepalm:

But would it really have been? Track record suggests not. Best you could hope for is that there would have been another body in his place, not necessarily someone better

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:09 am

We could have signed 2 or 3 players for that kind of money..... Of course the probability of all of them being a flop is much lower than spending all of it on a young, semi-promising talent.

Ziyech just went for 40m euros. We could have seriously strenghtened our squad's depth with this money. Instead we have a mediocre starting eleven and a limping bench.

same goes for Coutinho. Over 250m royally screwed and wasted.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:50 am

Dembélé
Coutinho
Griezmann

Don't think any club has ever spent this poorly in the history of the sport. Not even Woodward era United.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Those are not poor signings, you act like u signed a bunch of scrubs. They're all brilliant players. Brilliant to the point where barcelona basically promoted all 3 burning bridges with their clubs in order to force a transfer request. I think players need to be more careful now when it comes to moving to barca, I bet when barca where encouraging griezmann to force his way out he expected he wud be treated better. Same with dembele.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Griezmann is a system player - decent signing although poor considering 120m fee

Dembele, semi-promising talent with fragile mentality - poor signing

Coutinho, longshot merchant, goes missing when it matters, not brilliant at all even at Bayern in bundesfodder - poor signing

Coutinho and Dembele were supposed to be Neymar replacements. Even worse if you look at it this way.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:23 pm

We are just fans so its near impossible to find out if its the club or Dembele himself causing all these injuries. If he had avoided all these injuries Im sure he would have improved at least during his time here and that would have then made ppl say oh yes a good signing, no?

Grizemann is still a decent signing, a top player who will likely be with us long term, so I dont get this one.

Coutinho was a flop for sure, I keep forgetting but as with any transfers there are always doubt whether he would be suitable. IIRC most or at least half thought he was good for us when it was annouced? Price had to be overpriced because every club knew our situation after being fecked by Neymar walking out lol.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:33 pm

griezmann isn't a system player; france and atleti played completely different styles and he thrived in both; not to mention, whilst he wasn't at his peak at la real, he made a lot of noise there in a totally different system. its not like he's been playing at one club or at a national team that has all his club mates his whole career playing in a similar system

coutinho's a good player, an attacking midfielder who was signed and played in positions which he wasn't used to and didn't cater to his strengths ala james (although i don't know what james' strengths are these days lol)

ousmane is a star; yes he is self destructive, but if the club put half as much effort in assisting him as they did in encouraging him force his move out, the situation might be different. you made this guy go on strike to force a move from dortmund, then he comes to a team where he feels he'll be pampered and now he's on a team where he has incurred one disciplinary fine after another, and these fines have been made public....at some point, the player will begin to care less

and if dortmund refused to sell him, people would call it 'slavery'......i hope neymar doesn't return to la liga. unless its with madrid ofcourse lol
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:43 pm

Man, its like the majority on this thread unironically want Dembele to fail..
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 pm

I would gladly take Griezmann and Dembele at Madrid, Zidane would do too. Coutinho, not so much but that's on Barcelona. They bought a player that never fit the mold that suits their team. Basically like Fabregas tbh.

But those 3 men are good to great footballers that were signed by a club that really didn't put much thought into how they'll be of real service.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Doc wrote:I would gladly take Griezmann and Dembele at Madrid.

Do you want to die, Doc?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:45 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Do you want to die, Doc?

Dembele is a risk, I'll admit but Greizmann would flourish at Madrid. I mean, he flourished at La Real, Atletico and with the France NT.

So I guess I kinda wanna die...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Sports and Hans either paid you to post that or hacked your account imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Griezmann would be another Asensio for us. He'd never flourish. Thank God he's Barca's problem and not our
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:17 pm

One, Griezmann at Asensio's age had no problems taking on defenders when he was playing as an inside forward for La Real so Asensio is pretty alone with that one. Two, how'd you know he won't flourish especially under Zidane? Griezmann is the quintessential Zidane forward and he'll certainly get way more appreciation than what he is getting at Barcelona plus more minutes than Jovic.

He is Barca's "problem" until he finds his proper function in that team but another Asensio is a really bad comparison.

Also, not hacked, just a fan of both of them. Bayern could still be deleted as a club imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Griezmann would be nobody without referees in Uefadrid. Zidane needs referees for players to flourish, and would've have zero tituleros without them. Give Barca your reffing power and even Turan would be world beater for us.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Doc wrote:

Do you want to die, Doc?

Dembele is a risk, I'll admit but Greizmann would flourish at Madrid. I mean, he flourished at La Real, Atletico and with the France NT.

Griezmann will flourish at Barca too, next season when he's playing behind Lautaro Martinez.

He is not good as a lone striker.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Doc wrote:
Do you want to die, Doc?

Griezmann will flourish at Barca too, next season when he's playing behind Lautaro Martinez.

He is not good as a lone striker.

Neither is Lautaro. He is best behind a striker, such as Lukaku.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Griezmann is used to leading the attack as he did for years at Atleti and France.  He likes to have the freedom to roam.  At Barshit, he was commoditized until Suarez got injured.  He wasn't even getting a lot of chances.  Now, he's getting chances but just needs to pick up confidence.

As long as Grizzy is involved like he has been the past 2 weeks, he will find form.  He was doomed before that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next