The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Adit
21 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid  - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid

Post by Thimmy Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Hart is getting a lot of praise for his 2 major saves. I honestly don't think he did anything spectacular. He did well to react fast and put out his leg for Jese's header, but both the header and Pepe's shot went straight at him.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid  - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:56 pm

i respectfully disagree; from the position of both plays, they should have been goals. quick reactions of a goalie can't be downplayed, they just can't. i thought they were very good saves especially when you take into account where pepe was for his shot, the first too, the ability to react, and maintain balance to have his foot out, they were good saves.

now if pepe was a striker, and a good one, that would have been a goal regardless of what foot he was using. the difficult part was getting the ball down, he did that, a good striker would have recognized he had enough time for the finish....i wish we had an offensive player in that position....btw this doesn't mean i'm hyping joe hart, i repeat this doesn't mean i'm hyping joe hart, cos any small compliment these days and people throw the "hype" term around
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 am

sportsczy wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:casemiro misplaced some passes though and put unneeded pressure on our backline though. same with modric and kroos.

Casemiro had a mixed game for me. he did get bested by fernando/inho at times too.

Casemiro's just limited technically.  He's always going to get exposed with the ball in the very big games because the spaces and time are both far shorter and he doesn't have the talent to cope with it.

Like I've said before, he is SO damn good defensively it's a shame he has to be so average with the ball. I mean, I'm gonna go on a limb and say he is a better defender then kante or pogba, all old school and he saved our asses many times. That being said, we need one of kante or pogba to replace kroos and modric.

Kroos and Modric have been our problem for a while now, especially kroos. They are the reason we couldn't create anything. It's like they are two useless bodies in the middle.

We played a good game tactically, DoC you have an incredibly high view of our players and you tend to be too emotional when it comes to rating performances/tactics. Kun and KdB were absolutely shackled, City created NOTHING, and that's a huge plus. We keep a clean sheet away like that, that's pretty good.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:52 am

At least Modric keeps the ball away from the opposition and creates passing angles... granted, horizontal ones as opposed to vertical ones Laughing  But passing angles nonetheless.  Too bad he's allergic to the box.  Kroos is allergic to the box AND can't create passing angles horizontally or vertically.  

I like Modric as he can be useful in creating a midfield link from defense to attack.  I don't like Kroos.  I'm torn on Casemiro because he could be elite IF he just could find some half decent ball skills.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:54 am

The save on Casemiro was big time.  Pepe shot the ball right in his chest... so that one wasn't really a save.  More Pepe finding the keeper imo and the keeper being lucky.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:15 am

Absolutely and I think he will grow into getting decent with the ball sports. When you make the brainless duo of pepe and ramos look good, you know you're damn good at defending.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:34 am

I think the question now is 'if Ronaldo is not fit for the second leg, what do we do differently?'

Cos its obvious we are going to the Bernabeu with the same Strategy that depends on luck

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:50 am

I have my own doubts about us playing like what we saw Tuesday gone. We need to win the 2nd leg. Not even an option as any scoring draw sees us out. So I expect a more attacking performance from us and if I'm not mistaken, we attacked them in the 2nd half and they still couldn't muster anything on the counter.

As for no Ronaldo, sigh, that is a real issue and one I really hope isn't the case. Hopefully Benzema would be match fit so we can at least have his talented ass doing something. I know our views of him are at an all time low but he provides a real creative(ish) outlet for our forward line.

I think James or Isco might get the nod for that match.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:43 am

Benz needs to wake up.

Come 2nd leg he best not play like that again. Though the midfield was no help, he didnt do himself any favors...

I actiually think his creative output has decreased a little for some time now. Him not being able to hold the ball and losing it so cheaply is really not helping him right now. What happened fo his technical ability that he used to hold the ball and requires double team to dispossess him?  Now it only takes only one guy.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:09 am

I don't have high expectations. I just want my team not to play like cowards and kill the tie when the opponent is inferior to us.

If I had high expectations, I would expect us to win the CL. I don't. But at least, the very least, don't struggle to beat the likes of Roma, Wolfsburg and City. And most importantly, don't park the bus against Pellegrini's City and play for a draw. That's a small team mentality.

If we lose to this City, whether on away goals or through a defeat, it'll be a disgrace. I don't have high expectations, but there's a limit to how low they can be.

They better kill themselves in the return leg, with or without Ronaldo, I expect nothing less than a win.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 am

He is useless if he can't hold the ball up anymore.
He manages to score the opening goals but most of his goals have an element of luck to them.
Morata holds the ball up just as much and he has a lot of energy. I say we bring Morata back next season and let him slowly replace Benzema.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:19 am

Morata is not good enough. Why do people keep on bringing him up? Replacing Benzema with him is like replacing Carlo with Rafa.

We need someone elite or with the potential of becoming elite to compete with Benzema, and/or replace him if needs him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:20 am

I'm tired of complaining. I'm just going to wait till the second leg to see who starts and what we end up playing. But it will be a monumental failure if we lose to Man City..dats just as bad as losing to Wolfsburg

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:27 am

shadexticos wrote:He is useless if he can't hold the ball up anymore.
He manages to score the opening goals but most of his goals have an element of luck to them.
Morata holds the ball up just as much and he has a lot of energy. I say we bring Morata back next season and let him slowly replace Benzema.

Morata is absolute garbage. This better be sarcasm.

Benz still has his intelligence but yesterday that failed him. I wold rather wait and see if whether this was the one odd game or will this be the first of many.

Would rather have Aubameyang. Need more speed up front. Morata not fast.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:34 am

Dybala anyone ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:38 am

Aubemayang would be better. That frontline is too slow without Ronaldo.
But don't go saying Morata is garbage just to prove he is not a better option.
He scores crucial goals for juventus. Remember how we got knocked out last season?
If he is Garbage, I wonder why he has been linked to almost all the top clubs, including Guardiola's City.
He might not be the solution, as I would prefer Aubemayang, but morata is not garbage

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:10 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:That doesn't excuse Z for this cowardly approach. We didn't score and we didn't get our away goal. That's a huge problem. For every City goal, we have to score two.

Terrible, terrible tactics and terrible result.

That's misleading. We just have to win. Granted if they score 1 we'll need 2 to win, but we could win 3-2 and be fine.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Why not use James as a false 9, Jese didn't bring anything to the game bar that header that hit the post, he runs like a madman but without any logic just for the sake of it , i don't think James would press less than Benzema, Lucas is good as a sub for occassions when we need to close the game he helps a lot on defense  or we need to widen our attack,

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Ronaldo out for Anoeta.

Source
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Dybala anyone ?

Yes please.
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Ronaldo was never going to play at Anoeta especially with CL so close. He will definitely play the 2nd leg
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Yeah, no way he doesn't play against City
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Jese almost scored and played very well, wtf? He should be playing CF if Benzema isn't fit.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:12 pm

You really thought Jese played well? I saw bad dribbling, erratic running and poor passing. The header was lovely but the replays did show Hart had it "covered" or whatever.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Ronaldo was never going to play at Anoeta especially with CL so close. He will definitely play the 2nd leg

Not according to EI confidencial, He has 2nd degree tear and will need at least 10 days. he is highly doubtful for return leg (some are even calling it wishful thinking that he will be ready). Meanwhile Silva is definitely out for City. silva means as much to City as Ronaldo is to Real. OUr real issue then is can Benz and Bale step it up?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Benz won't be healed.... they keep rushing him back because of our dire CF situation and it keeps getting aggravated.  The healing period is min 15 days.  You play and the clock resets if you feel anything... so it's 15 days from yday.

Reason he played yday was that Jese didn't have 90 mins in him and you couldn't bring in Benz as a sub in case he got injured.  It will be the exact same situation next week.  You can't cut, accelerate or do anything very sudden with a muscle injury.  They basically numb it with a cortisone shot and you try to do what you can.  

The guy plays injured to help the team and you guys are all over him for it Laughing Laughing Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next