+2
Cruijf
Lord Spencer
6 posters

Go down

The Loss of Hope Thread Empty The Loss of Hope Thread

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 pm

I was stupid.

I thought Allegri was a key reason we lost the 2010 momentum, and thought a Seedorf shakeup will do it for us. With Seedorf, we will have another Carlo, I thought. Then came reality, and with it the sack. Then, I thought Inzaghi would be another Carlo, and hey, Bee is coming to invest in the team, so there is hope for us left.

Inzaghi was sacked, and then came Miha. With him, I didn't have much hope at the beginning. I was beginning to feel duped by my previous optimism. Yet, the man's character, and the way some of our players began to improve, I thought we could build something out of this. Not anything big, just a seed that could grow tall if we nurtured it.

Then came Berlu with the pesticide.

Now, I no longer have hope for Milan, and the game became flavorless because of it. Since 2008, I saw this team being run to the ground by the clown in charge, and every year, it steadily went downward despite the occasional revival. In 2010, the old guard had their final hurrah, and the Milan of old went with it.

Serie A in general is struggling, and Milan in particular is going to mellow in mediocrity because of it. Nothing can grow with the shadow of B&G starving it from the sun.

All that I hope now is that we sell Donarumma and Romagnoli to decent teams that will continue to develop them, because seeing them deteriorate with this team just like it happened with MDS and SES would make it even worse.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Loss of Hope Thread Empty Re: The Loss of Hope Thread

Post by Cruijf Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:35 pm

I can't do anything other than reiterate what you already said. It was the Juve game that made me realize just how much damage this toxic management has done. Normally I would've been looking forward to that game for weeks and would've eagerly watched the whole thing. With this team I only found out we were playing Juve the day before and I practically had to force myself to watch it. Didn't help that Miha was idiotically sacked right after.

I will always be a Milan fan I can't change that, but I'm done with even emotionally investing myself with this team. I hope it improves but I won't be holding my breath.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:29 am

I don't know why, but I am getting a hunch that Berlusconi is serious this time (Acting on his own opinion and getting Brocchi, writing a letter to the Curva Sud). Regardless, I am still mad about the decision to fire Miha.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Whose to say that he wasn't serious the past few years. I think he's serious, but incompetent and doesn't see his own faults. In the letter you refer to, he also talks about how the team has been underperforming and how much he has done for Milan over the last 30 years. More of the same bs hes been saying for years.

Maybe when he sacks Galliani and brings in a new CEO, we can say he's "serious". But he continues to think that the problem is the managers...

I think the reason Brocchi was brought in was because Berlusconi wants someone to implement his own ideas on how the team should play, and Brocchi will do that.

I share Spencer's disappointment and loss of hope.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Oh how I anticipated such a thread. There is no hope? Really?

We've got the best team we've had since Allegri, with an actual spine forming that has the potential to last. (Bacca, Niang, Bonaventura, Romagnoli, Donnarumma for starters) Not only that, but we are actually using our youth options. (Felicoli, Calabria, etc) We actually have a top 10 youth academy in Europe and can last via the slow insertion of those players over time.

Who did we bring in to do that? The actual youth team coach. Now before one is reminded that Inzaghi was also a youth team coach, we need to remember that this is a different team now. Miha taught them how to defend at least somewhat, and its not as though this team will suddenly forget how to defend. They now have a Milan veteran looking to revive some of the spirit from the last decade, and surely this team has something to learn from Brocchi.

As far as people being surprised...I ask why. Miha had clear objectives from the start, not only that but he was also expected to play a certain way. Both of those things he did not do, and a five game slide toward the end of the season does not bode well for the club at all. I will say the players were getting on with him but in the end he lacked a true method of winning, and we may have been a fringe club for some time, who knows. If the players were trully behind him, they would not have been so shitty as of late, that much i know. Miha made some bold moves and for that he will be cherished, but I'm indifferent at the moment.

More importantly, Brocchi is contracted for 2 months which to me seems like theyre looking for a viable replacement so we shall see how that pans out.

In sum, not to worry. This is the same old management that has acted in a consistent way throughout this messy period in our history. I really cannot see how any Milan fans are surprised at this, there is a very palpable aspect of realism in the way I see Milan. Berlu does want more success and is gradually improving the team. All we need is another summer like the last one and Im sure we can fight for top 4 at least.
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:57 pm

I think you're missing the point. We're not surprised (I can only speak for myself), however I feel most are disappointed. For starters, the last 3 coaches haven't really been given an opportunity to prove successful. Managers need time and we have become a revolving door over the last few seasons...this makes finding an identity difficult. I believe our owners want a yes man and if that's the case, I don't understand why they don't make this clear when bringing in a manager. If they are honest about what they desire, it shouldn't be that hard to find a guy who will look the part and just follow orders.

At the end of the day my main concern is that we lack consistency with a a manager and a philosophy. This makes transfers all the more difficult. That being said, we don't even use logic when making transfers - it's all about bargains and working with teams we have a good relationship with.

For me it all started with Leonardo. I understand people were behind his firing, but making him coach was managements decision. With him gone, we lost the same guy who had been finding us young talented players. The decision making from ownership has been suspect (at best) and hear decision have held us back while other teams around us have proven how stability can turn around a bad situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 pm

I think our owner is really dumb.

The real problem for this team is management, ceo, etc. Firing yet another manager wont do any good to the team's future lol. We'll be battling for the 10th spot every season for the next decade now until we get new management. Berlusconi is an idiot.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down