Kaladin
S
63 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Upcoming Stadium projects - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming Stadium projects

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Surag wrote:
Idiot wrote:its not like i was wrong mclewis, average attendance 40 thousand or less in the last couple of years,
surag u bring a good point as yes the current stadium could be a reason for roma fans avoiding to visit although i find it not enough if correct

im certain it will be the same with the new stadium though and the capacity chosen for it, will be solely for the big games.
cute

-Having their own stadium ,there will be a sense of pride amongst Roma fans.

-Juventus after moving into the new stadium have had the attendances increase dramatically as opposed to a few years ago.Juve had 30,000 average attendance when they were playing in the Old 67,000 seater Delle Alpi and if you compare it to the new stadium,Juventus stadium has an average of attendance of 37,000 in a 41,000 seater stadium ,that says a lot.

-I think the capacity chosen is fair considering Rome has a population of 2.7 million people(whereas Turin on other hand has a population of 800,000 people),it definitely is more supported than Lazio in the city.In 09-10 season when Roma were battling for the scudetto ,they recorded high attendances for each and every game , who is to say they wont with their new stadium especially considering this is an ever improving Roma side who aim to win the Scudetto in the coming years.Besides that Roma play wonderful football and i'm sure the Roma owners will try to provide the best of facilities from a spectator perspective to make sure he/she have a great experience at the stadium.
and again fair points all of them although you mention both places population number as if the 1 million+ people rome has compared to turin contributed anything plus in roma's current stadium attendance all these years,
yes the new stadium will bring more people, but i dont think it will bring as many as the given capacity of 60.000, at least not weekly

it will be plus couple of thousand, just like juve

nothing wrong with it since the stadium can be sold out in the big games

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:15 pm

By the way Juventus board increased their ticket prices for this year(including season tickets) and the season tickets were sold out even before this season season started.Just saying.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Swanhends wrote:60k is too big

Agreed clubs keep making these ridiculously large stadiums they cant fill and suffer for it.

Juventus did it right, start small and have the ability to expand if you need too.

Mclewis would know more than me but i would be concerned that Roma could fill 60k stadium out every week.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Idiot wrote:
Surag wrote:
Idiot wrote:its not like i was wrong mclewis, average attendance 40 thousand or less in the last couple of years,
surag u bring a good point as yes the current stadium could be a reason for roma fans avoiding to visit although i find it not enough if correct

im certain it will be the same with the new stadium though and the capacity chosen for it, will be solely for the big games.
cute

-Having their own stadium ,there will be a sense of pride amongst Roma fans.

-Juventus after moving into the new stadium have had the attendances increase dramatically as opposed to a few years ago.Juve had 30,000 average attendance when they were playing in the Old 67,000 seater Delle Alpi and if you compare it to the new stadium,Juventus stadium has an average of attendance of 37,000 in a 41,000 seater stadium ,that says a lot.

-I think the capacity chosen is fair considering Rome has a population of 2.7 million people(whereas Turin on other hand has a population of 800,000 people),it definitely is more supported than Lazio in the city.In 09-10 season when Roma were battling for the scudetto ,they recorded high attendances for each and every game , who is to say they wont with their new stadium especially considering this is an ever improving Roma side who aim to win the Scudetto in the coming years.Besides that Roma play wonderful football and i'm sure the Roma owners will try to provide the best of facilities from a spectator perspective to make sure he/she have a great experience at the stadium.
and again fair points all of them although you mention both places population number as if the 1 million+ people rome has compared to turin contributed anything plus in roma's current stadium attendance all these years,
yes the new stadium will bring more people, but i dont think it will bring as many as the given capacity of 60.000, at least not weekly

IIRC, Juve's average attendance increased by 7,000 - 10,000.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm

how the hell is 40k average attendance not big enough?LOL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Idiot wrote:and again fair points all of them although you mention both places population number as if the 1 million+ people rome has compared to turin contributed anything plus in roma's current stadium attendance all these years,

Let me remind you from the fact that FC Torino has a considerable percentage of supporters in Turin even more so than Juventus perhaps,so assuming Turin has only majority of Juventus fans is wrong.

Its a similar scenario in Rome only difference is that it has a larger population and Roma is far more popular than Lazio in the city.

Last edited by Surag on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Agreed clubs keep making these ridiculously large stadiums they cant fill and suffer for it.

Juventus did it right, start small and have the ability to expand if you need too.

Mclewis would know more than me but i would be concerned that Roma could fill 60k stadium out every week.

yeah agreed

If we were building a stadium I'd probably want 50k max to start
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 pm

I think they've chosen that capacity because they probably want to comply to UEFA's '5 star standards' to be able to host the Champions League final.

Juventus on the other hand cant host the CL final because the capacity is too small.Although i agree with you it was a wise decision to start with a smaller capacity.Now as we see,the demand is increasing which is good.

Yeah there's certainly a risk involved, no doubt.Either ways i believe attendances are going to be generally high bar Coppa Italia games and rest assured new stadium is going to bring them a lot of money regardless of attendances.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Talking about new stadiums ,have Valencia Stadium's construction work re-started ? Last time i heard it was almost complete..Any idea when is it going to be ready ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 pm

We have a 5 star stadium by UEFA standards and its not 60k.

Does anyone know what the requirements for 5 star stadium is?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Well 60K is the max size. Zanzi put the ballpark at about 55 to 60K, so it will be somewhere in between.

I think we can fill out it honestly. There are sure to be more incentives to make sure that happens.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm

A 5-star rating enables a stadium to host the finals of the UEFA European Football Championship and UEFA Champions League. They can also host finals of the UEFA Cup. All have seated capacities in excess of 50,000 spectators (with the exception of Ernst Happel Stadium, which is being expanded to 50,000-plus capacity for Euro 2008) and meet a number of additional quality criteria.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm

True if that's a reason then fair enough but i would like to see a stadium of my football club filled out every week and not see empty seats go to waste.

Also Mclewis if you think you can fill it out then fair enough thats my only concern i just dont like seeing clubs have stadiums and not fill them out....

Its sort of a pet hate of mine, strange as it maybe.

Having said this their was concerns when we extended our stadium to 52k that we wouldn't fill it out and we continue to do so and quite comfortably so perhaps my concerns on Roma are ill placed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Average attendance in 09-10 was 41K..Back then when they were Scudetto contenders.

It was considerably lower in 10-11 though with 34K.It was 35K in the subsequent season.Its 36K so far this season.

So you could say results on the pitch could decide attendances to an extent..With stands close to the pitch now and with the sophesticated infrastructure and all the modern facilities provided to the spectator i'm sure they can record an average of atleast 50K come the time of the new of the stadium considering how well they're supported too.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

I think it's inherently tired to our success, which is why getting the CL is so important for us. If we can continue to consistently make a good showing in Europe, raking in that money, then we should be fine in stadium numbers.

The Stadio della Alpi was pretty poorly designed for the growing fanbase of Juve has so with the new Juventus Stadium, they've been filling that out pretty regularly and that's down to how well the club itself is doing.

Roma can achieve something similar to that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Sports brought up a good point on ticket prices..I think Roma owners can initially keep the ticket prices low to fill out the stadium and depending on the demand they can always increase it depending on the games be it CL or Serie A and so on.Besides there are always the VIP boxes which would bring you more money.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Surag wrote:Sports brought up a good point on ticket prices..I think Roma owners can initially keep the ticket prices low to fill out the stadium and depending on the demand they can always increase it depending on the games be it CL or Serie A and so on.Besides there are always the VIP boxes which would bring you more money.

It's those prices that give me a bit of pause. The Red Sox are undoubtedly one of the best run sports franchises out there, but at the height of their dominance, the ticket prices were outrageous, nearing almost 100 bucks for regular season games, which was about the norm really for MLB, but for Roma? That would be disastrous and when I think about that, I immediately think about Arsenal and the woes they have with ticket prices.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Tbf Mclewis despite Arsenal's ridiculous prices they don't exactly struggle to fill out their stadium each and every week.

I think the moral here is be entertaining and people will get their wallet out Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf Mclewis despite Arsenal's ridiculous prices they don't exactly struggle to fill out their stadium each and every week.

I think the moral here is be entertaining and people will get their wallet out Laughing

Yeah true enough. In that regard, I have no worries. We've been entertaining regardless of the result after all.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 pm

I'd pay just to see Lamela and his skills Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm

That's because the UK is still doing well economically. People can afford it. In places like France and Italy... you have to wonder. And the people with money don't like to show it because the tax authorities are hunting them down.

That's why it's crucial to have a business model that doesn't significantly increase ticket prices.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 pm

This is great news... Now we await Milan to make a move and all the big clubs will have a stadium to call their own soon... this will mark the return of Italian soccer...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:26 pm

I said it in the other thread on this, but I believe it comes down to the Stadium being used as a multi-use facility much like Reliant Stadium.

With the Stadium having the ability to be used for multiple purposes will mean it will always be generating income for the team, even when they are not on the pitch.

As of right now, is there a better American ownership group in football?

Now if they could just find a way to freeze Totti in time so he can lace them up when they open our new home. I really hope they sign him to a one day contract or something when the new stadium opens and do a tribute match in his honor. I forsee a King of Rome statute of Totti at the main entrance of this beauty.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm so glad for Roma. Elegant club deserves an elegant stadium. Totti statue is a must :bow:

Also we're going to be expanding Anfield from 45k to 60k. We'll be able to host CL finals :bow: The project is expected to commence in 2014 and finish in 2016.

So by 2016 both Roma and Pool will have bigger stadiums :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Based on that Reliant stadium design i think it would be something similar to Veltins Arena with that retractable roof.

Also on some forums i heard it could be modelled on the Gillette Stadium.Either ways Roma's stadium design will ape any one of those NFL stadiums i guess.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 pm

I really hope the fans will be really close to the pitch kind of like in the PL. Reliant Stadium still has a lot of empty room between the pitch and first row. Player safety could be an issue but the atmosphere would be incredible with fans close to the pitch.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next