M99
Nishankly
Lucifer
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17 - Page 5 Empty Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Sri Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:38 am

That's part of the story, but not the entirety of it.

That said, kudos for backing it up with some stats. God knows we need more fact based statements these days.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17 - Page 5 Empty Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 am

Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Liverpool - Man United 0-0
Liverpool - Man City 1-0
Man United - Liverpool 1-1
Liverpool - Chelsea 1-1
Liverpool - Tottenham 2-0
Liverpool - Arsenal 3-1

:facepalm: :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 am

Games played (games newly added in red)
Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Man United - Man City 1-2
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1
Man City - Chelsea 1-3
Man United - Tottenham 1-0
Man City - Arsenal 2:1
Liverpool - Man City 1-0
Tottenham - Chelsea 2-0
Man City - Tottenham 2-2
Liverpool - Chelsea 1-1
Chelsea - Arsenal 3-1
Liverpool - Arsenal 3-1
Man City - Liverpool 1-1

Standings

Klopp 20 points 10 games
Conte 13 points 8 games
Poch 9 points 8 games
Pep 8 points 7 games
Jose 6 points 6 games
Wenger 5 points 7 games

Standings translated into a points per game table
1. Klopp   2 ppg
2. Conte  1.625 ppg
3. Pep   1.143 ppg
4. Poch 1.125 ppg
5. José 1 ppg
6. Wenger 0.714 ppg

Cup Matches

Liverpool vs Tottenham 2-1 (EFL cup last 16)
Man United - Man City 1-0 (" " " ")
Chelsea - Man United 1-0 (FA Cup quarter final)

Conte 1 win 1 game
Klopp 1 win 1 game
José 1 win 1 loss 2 games
Pep 0 wins 1 game
Poch 0 wins 1 game
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am

Klopp has won this.

He's played all games and cannot get caught anymore.
He has also remained UNDEFEATED.

Hell, he hasn't lost against top 10 opposition. All his losses came against relegation fodder.
Borderline moronic if you think about it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Klopp has won this.

He's played all games and cannot get caught anymore.
He has also remained UNDEFEATED.

Hell, he hasn't lost against top 10 opposition. All his losses came against relegation fodder.
Borderline moronic if you think about it
and that is why I have a mini rant now and then
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm

That isn't necessarily Klopp's fault though is it? If you want to consistently beat the weaker teams you need a strong squad which Liverpool right now doesn't have.

Klopp is the GOAT, no doubt about it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:59 pm

How do you consistently beat the top opposition with a weak squad though?

It's tactics more than personnel
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Its being an idiot is what it is
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:56 pm

No amount of tactics can make Origi look good so I say personnel. And definitely a mental thing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Doc wrote:No amount of tactics can make Origi look good so I say personnel. And definitely a mental thing.

This post makes zero sense in the context of beating shittier teams. It has nothing to do with Origi. Kid barely gets any game time Laughing

If anything our wannabe big shots like Firmino, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Milner, Can and Coutinho since his injury at fault for this. They shit the bed against relegation fodder. It seems it's easier for them to raise their games in bigger matches but when we need flat track bullies they all go back to being shit.  

Mane and Matip are the only two that can hold their heads up.

It's quite obvious, to be honest. There's just not enough quality in our starting XI.

We have serviceable players like Lallana, Firmino, and Wijnaldum acting like they are superstars just because they put in a performance against big teams where there is space to a land a spaceship on the pitch.  

These players are complimentary players. You need to have a team spine and key players first and then build around that with these complimentary guys like Firmino, Lallana, Wijnaldum, etc.

Klopp is not at fault. It's the exact same squad David Brent had except for his 2 big additions in Mane and Matip who have become our key players.

This summer we will hopefully sign more quality even if it's only 2 or 3 guys. It will help significantly.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Doc wrote:No amount of tactics can make Origi look good so I say personnel. And definitely a mental thing.

This post makes zero sense in the context of beating shittier teams. It has nothing to do with Origi. Kid barely gets any game time Laughing

If anything our wannabe big shots like Firmino, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Milner, Can and Coutinho since his injury at fault for this. They shit the bed against relegation fodder. It seems it's easier for them to raise their games in bigger matches but when we need flat track bullies they all go back to being shit.  

Mane and Matip are the only two that can hold their heads up.

It's quite obvious, to be honest. There's just not enough quality in our starting XI.

We have serviceable players like Lallana, Firmino, and Wijnaldum acting like they are superstars just because they put in a performance against big teams where there is space to a land a spaceship on the pitch.  

These players are complimentary players. You need to have a team spine and key players first and then build around that with these complimentary guys like Firmino, Lallana, Wijnaldum, etc.

Klopp is not at fault. It's the exact same squad David Brent had except for his 2 big additions in Mane and Matip who have become our key players.

This summer we will hopefully sign more quality even if it's only 2 or 3 guys. It will help significantly.
klopp is at fault for our bad defending. the shit teams all use the same tactics against us to get a result and we play into there hands time and time again. our defending from set plays is a joke tbh. the goals we give away from losing the 2nd ball is also a joke. these are things that with work on the training pitch can improve
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 am

Don't call me James wrote:
A bag of long talk

You went to the same school Chad learn to read I see so allow me to break down my complex statement to you.

No amount of tactics can help Origi look good...
A dig at Origi because I can't stand his average ways. The tactics part was in response to those who say it is tactics is the reason Klopp's Liverpool keeps dropping points to mid and below mid table teams.

...so I say it is personnel...
Literally, what you wrote is just a much longer version of me saying it's the personnel of the club i.e the players.

...And definitely a mental thing
Self explanatory. Liverpool players seem to be able to rise to the bigger occasion due to, I guess, whatever. When they are playing in more humble matches, they definitely play with less confidence and conviction of their abilities.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:43 am

There are any number of reasons a team might occasionally give up points to relegation fodder yet also occasionally knock off the best of the best. I've seen Spurs do it with Chelsea, and I'm sure at some point they've dropped points this season to some absolutely dire teams. That's fine, I'm alright with that.

To do it at the consistent basis that happens to Liverpool? You lot really think it's the players who can mentally perform to another level against top opposition and then lose to Sunderland? Mind, like I said, every once in a while is ok, but this is consistently.

Klopp has to take some of the blame and for sure tactics are a part of it.

To be sure, Liverpool needs better players, but if you make the case to me that Liverpool should be getting the results against the shit teams they're getting the results they are against...Nah. I don't think anyone can make that argument. Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho are good enough to put the likes of Burnley and Crystal palace to the sword and there is no excuse to be dropping as many points to the teams that they are.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:20 am

CBarca wrote:There are any number of reasons a team might occasionally give up points to relegation fodder yet also occasionally knock off the best of the best. I've seen Spurs do it with Chelsea, and I'm sure at some point they've dropped points this season to some absolutely dire teams. That's fine, I'm alright with that.

To do it at the consistent basis that happens to Liverpool? You lot really think it's the players who can mentally perform to another level against top opposition and then lose to Sunderland? Mind, like I said, every once in a while is ok, but this is consistently.

Klopp has to take some of the blame and for sure tactics are a part of it.

To be sure, Liverpool needs better players, but if you make the case to me that Liverpool should be getting the results against the shit teams they're getting the results they are against...Nah. I don't think anyone can make that argument. Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho are good enough to put the likes of Burnley and Crystal palace to the sword and there is no excuse to be dropping as many points to the teams that they are.

You mention Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho but do these players consistently play at the level that they are supposed to be? I only see it in big games where Liverpool take full advantage of the "underdog" mentality which you can't use against the Burnley's and Bournemouth's. In these games you need to show your quality because they will outfight you and it's them who are the underdogs.

An example is Wenger's Arsenal, who is a mediocre team tactically but is a well known flat track bully which is how they finish in the top 4 all the time. Arsenal at their best beat these teams with ease because it's either Alexis or Özil, or Cazorla who steps up and makes the difference individually. While Lallana, Firmino and to a lesser extent Coutinho also do it sometimes but at other times they all are unable to make difference in the same game.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 14, 2017 6:24 pm

FINAL UPDATE (excluding cup games)

Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Man United - Man City 1-2
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1
Man City - Chelsea 1-3
Man United - Tottenham 1-0
Man City - Arsenal 2:1
Liverpool - Man City 1-0
Tottenham - Chelsea 2-0
Man City - Tottenham 2-2
Liverpool - Chelsea 1-1
Chelsea - Arsenal 3-1
Liverpool - Arsenal 3-1
Man City - Liverpool 1-1
Arsenal - Man City 2-2
Chelsea - Man City 2-1
Man United - Chelsea 2-0
Man City - Man United 0-0
Tottenham - Arsenal 2-0
Arsenal - Man United 2-0
Tottenham - Man United 2-1

Final Standings

Klopp 20 points 10 games
Conte 16 points 10 games
Poch 15 points 10 games
Jose 10 points 10 games
Pep 10 points 10 games
Wenger 9 points 10 games

Final points per game table
1. Klopp   2 ppg
2. Conte  1.6 ppg
3. Poch 1.5 ppg
4. José 1 ppg
    Pep   1 ppg
6. Wenger 0.9 ppg

Summary:
Klopp wins the Managerial Death Match with an amazing big game record, Conte and Poch with average to decent big game records, both Pep and José with rather poor big game records and Wenger the worst, albeit only slightly worse than Pep and José.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Bonus Update: Cup Matches

Liverpool vs Tottenham  2-1 (EFL cup last 16)
Man United - Man City  1-0  (" " " ")
Chelsea - Man United 1-0  (FA Cup quarter final)
Chelsea vs Tottenham 4:2 (FA cup semi)
Arsenal vs Man City 2-1 (" " ")
Arsenal vs Chelsea 2-1 (FA Cup Final)

Table

1. Wenger 2 wins 2 games
2. Conte 2 wins 3 games
3. Klopp 1 win 1 game
4. José  1 win 2 games
5. Pep 0 wins 2 games
   Poch 0 wins 2 games

Arsene Wenger owns the FA Cup, the oldest and most honorary club football competition in the world.

When is he finally going to be knighted?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 pm

We are going to have Rafa next season. Seven great managers slugging it out. Chaka
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 am

Conte Vs Mourinho today

No holds barred

The build up/storyline has been amazing

Will the match live up to expectations ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 pm

S wrote:Conte Vs Mourinho today

No holds barred

The build up/storyline has been amazing

Will the match live up to expectations ?
This is last season's thread. :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Final Standing: 2018-19

Pep Guardiola: 8-1-1-25
Jürgen Klopp: 5-4-1-19
Unai Emery: 3-3-4-12
Maurizio Sarri: 3-3-4-12
Mauricio Pochettino: 2-1-7-7
Ole Gunnar Solskjær: 1-3-2-6
José Mourinho: 0-1-3-1
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5