LeVersacci
McAgger
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Griezmann  - Page 2 Empty Re: Griezmann

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 pm

the current context is the first month of the 2015-2016. Why should we make a decision on one month of competition in september when nothing matter?

If we look at the whole of last season, I dont exactly see how Griezmann was overplaying Hazard.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Don't understand the point of this thread.

- Ronaldo likely is not going anywhere

- Bale is supposed to be his successor

- we have several talented kids owned by team, some of whom will be on team by the time Ronaldo does go

- and when was the last time, we ever had a chance of getting a good player from Atleti?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:14 pm

I don't know bill but if Ronaldo has declined a lot. He seems like half a player hew was 2 years ago. He almost never completes a pass in the final third now days. Takes the shooting option more than ever and doesn't defend at all, he is reaching Ibra level defending. He is no longer a player we can afford not having to defend, to warrant such a position you have to become a such a threat on goal which he isn't now days. If CR continues this kind of form through out the season then it is better to sell him.

Griezzmann is a very good player but he isn't really a special player. While his knack of scoring isn't to be under estimated most of his goals came against scrubs and with Atletico I have yet to see him have a big game performance. What turns me off isn't his big game performance though, it is his lack of threat away from box that is my problem with him. He is basically a second striker. If we are going to play him as a wide player then he will struggle a bit. I don't think we will give v him the freedom currently CR enjoys, so I don't think Griezzmann will be crashing the box a lot. I also haven't seen Griezzmann taking initiative to unlock a parked defense as his best football came when his team was counter attacking.

I will prefer Hazard from the realistic list of players we can land, especially considering Mou isn't really fond of Hazard.
Contrary to what Mou says Hazard defends really well. Only in Chelsea a winger is expected to defend like fullback. He tracks his player well and defends better than all your top players out there.

He has that ability to unlock defenses. He always takes the responsibility in creating chances, despite having apziculeta as his helper he has managed pretty well to establish as best attacker of Chelsea. One on one he destroys anyone. Oppositions tries to stop him with putting 2 players upon him, one probably ignores apzi and helps to double team Hazard. He has many tools in his pocket, dribbling, through ball, one twos. Where he lacks is the shooting department which we can see he is not good at. His techniques are flawless, he values ball possession and he always goes for the decision which has highest probability of reaching goal.

Long story short, a highly underutilized player under Mou, will blossom under better conditions and I don't see better players than him available.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:30 pm

X-Kroos-Isco
James-Jese-Hazard

hmm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Excellent points Adit, i have the same issues with griezmann, on the ball he is not very impressive. Just look at how Neymar rekt Rayo today, on and off the ball he was unstoppable. We dont have that kind of neat dribbler that can beat his marker in 1v1 consistently to get in the box or to score.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:47 pm

The way Kroos is defending I would rather have Casemiro-Modric-Kovacic midfield. I think that will work better than current one too. Mainly because all three are defensively flawless. Kovacic can bring that link between attack and defense. Modric can control the game and casemiro can use his long passing skills and Tracking to full effect. I definitely want to see that midfield against Barca but I doubt it.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:48 pm

you should go for N'tep or Boufal , future world class players . :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Adit wrote:The way Kroos is defending I would rather have Casemiro-Modric-Kovacic midfield. I think that will work better than current one too. Mainly because all three are defensively flawless. Kovacic can bring that link between attack and defense. Modric can control the game and casemiro can use his long passing skills and Tracking to full effect. I definitely want to see that midfield against Barca but I doubt it.
I always argued for having a true DM in front of the defense, someone who can actually defend, and to top it off Casemiro is a great passer too. When it becomes obvious that he needs to start, it will be interesting to see what happens then...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:53 pm

I think we found a gem in Casemiro. A very rare player.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:07 pm

A Mauro Silva in the making? hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:10 pm

[/quote] I always argued for having a true DM in front of the defense, someone who can actually defend, and to top it off Casemiro is a great passer too. When it becomes obvious that he needs to start, it will be interesting to see what happens then...[/quote]

THIS. i'm old school in that way, as much as i like slick passers i'm a fan of the gritty players in the middle of the park supporting the slick passers and deep lying playmakers. that casemiro can pass is also a positive. that said, i think the subject is being approached carefully, you're not going to just have him become a starter all of a sudden and then he has one bad game and loses confidence.....but my guess is, with games here and there and proper coaching, he could be a starting defensive mid in two seasons, if not next year even. the important thing is we musn't rush nor hype him, it should be a gradual process
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:38 am

Since when did Griezmann become, not only up to par with Hazard and Reus, but a player who supposedly outperformed both of them last season? hmm You sure you're keeping your french bias in check, sports?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:50 am

chad4401 wrote:Just let kovacic settle in without the whole gotta exaggerate every touch and start looking to drop players,can't wait till the kroos hate gets into full swing, gonna be glorious Proud.

so easy to predict Proud.

all this casemiro praise too, after being labeled as a scrub to the player we needed since forever Laughing

love this forum rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:13 am

hazard is being overrated to pieces.

you know whos playing better right now? riyad mahrez. and no, i'm not kiddng. i actually think he's a better player then all the names mentioned in this thread. shows up against big teams with a team that basically would collapse without him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:32 am

FennecFox7 wrote:hazard is being overrated to pieces.

you know whos playing better right now? riyad mahrez. and no, i'm not kiddng. i actually think he's a better player then all the names mentioned in this thread. shows up against big teams with a team that basically would collapse without him.

I'm sensing some Algerian bias here.......... hmm
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:Since when did Griezmann become, not only up to par with Hazard and Reus, but a player who supposedly outperformed both of them last season? hmm You sure you're keeping your french bias in check, sports?

Reus was garbage last year.  Compare performance.  It's not even a contest there.  It was the first season Reus was asked to carry Dortmund with Lewandowski gone and he couldn't...  ended up with 11 goals and 6 assists in 27 starts.  Griezmann had 25 goals and 2 assists for Atleti in 37 starts.

Hazard started out like a world of fire last season then faded to end it...  Griezmann went the opposite direction:  started out slow and had a great second half of the season.  Hazard had 19 goals and 11 assists in 49 starts last season.

This season:
Hazard - 2 goals and 2 assists in 12 starts
Reus - 3 goals and 1 assist in 8 starts
Griezmann - 6 goals and 3 assists in 10 starts

Take the hype away and Griezmann has been better.

Simeone has made him visibly stronger physically so he can carry the whole season. I think he will hit the 30 goal mark this season.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:05 pm

His goal today for those who don't watch

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Yeah, he literally just ran in a straight line. I laughed and laughed and laughed some more. Then realise Moyes would probably lose his job over obviously nonsensical defending.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Thats not special enough adit? Oh boy what a goal

Look how fast he is going, there ia punt and run and how easily he is lofting that ball above the keeper. He ia near technixal perfection there. Griezmann is improving all the time its scary
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am

Nick and Sportz it ain't worth arguing. Just let his play speak for itself. The guy is scary good and is improving.

And how can anybody hate on that goal ffs. Ran in a straight, jesus christ, look at that beautiful finish.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:46 am

He ran in a straight line and scored a goal, not hating but I'm sure as hell not gonna give any real praise for that. Horrible, sheer down right stupid defending.

That being said, he is a lot better than GL is giving him credit for. Really has improved as a footballer since I saw him at La Real.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:12 am

@sports hazard has 0 goals and 2 assists in 12 starts.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

:bow:

Look at James.

what in Gods name is he doing??