RealGunner
elitedam
LeSwagg James
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official Cell Phone Thread Empty The Official Cell Phone Thread

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Don't think there is an official thread for this but yeah. I lost my iPhone a while back and I've been using the Nexus 4 (got it for free). It is my first Android phone and I *bleep* hate it, but I am not sure if its the phone or what. So I have a few questions for Android users to see if its the same on your phones as well or it's just a Nexus 4 problem.

1. Sometimes my phone will turn off on me, and then when I start it up it says 'optimizing application 1/150' (or whatever I have at the time), which sometimes can take a full 10 minutes. It's *bleep* ridiculous, what if I need to make an urgent phone call? Does anybody else have this problem?

2. When you open certain pages/links for the first time, it asks to choose a program to open it with and you can select 'always open using this program'. I have chosen always on most things but still get asked that same question regularly when opening similar files, it doesn't save my settings for some reason and I don't know why. It's *bleep* annoying.

3. Is it possible to group all photos into one folder? When I open 'pictures' I only see a few pics that I took with the actual camera. I have to navigate to 'device folders' in order to see individual folders like 'screenshots' and pics I received while using specific apps. That shit is annoying as *bleep*. Also, the album covers get saved in the photo gallery :facepalm:

4. When I type a number into keypad, I can't just copy and paste it from that screen. This of course comes in handy when jotting down a quick number to text to someone.

I was thinking about getting a galaxy s6 edge or sony z5 but I really can't live with these features. Might have to go back to Apple.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

The Official Cell Phone Thread Empty Re: The Official Cell Phone Thread

Post by elitedam Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:29 pm

It sounds like you got a shitty phone. I've never had a problem with 1 or 2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean with 3 since I use an app called Quickpic to view pictures and it lets me exclude whatever folders I want. As for 4, have you tried long pressing on the number you want to copy? It works for me.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Just downloaded quickpic, its basically the same as the device folder option of the standard photo gallery. Still is ugly and don't like the way it's organized compared to iOS.

#4 doesn't work on this phone, good to know its not an android issue. The nexus is supposed to be a good phone but this one is a poverty smartphone ffs.

I get that iPhones are not as good in terns of specs as the other high end smart phones but I guess people just buy it for the iOS because its so great and essentially bug free. $1000 for the operating system Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:50 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Don't think there is an official thread for this but yeah. I lost my iPhone a while back and I've been using the Nexus 4 (got it for free). It is my first Android phone and I *bleep* hate it, but I am not sure if its the phone or what. So I have a few questions for Android users to see if its the same on your phones as well or it's just a Nexus 4 problem.

1. Sometimes my phone will turn off on me, and then when I start it up it says 'optimizing application 1/150' (or whatever I have at the time), which sometimes can take a full 10 minutes. It's *bleep* ridiculous, what if I need to make an urgent phone call? Does anybody else have this problem?

2. When you open certain pages/links for the first time, it asks to choose a program to open it with and you can select 'always open using this program'. I have chosen always on most things but still get asked that same question regularly when opening similar files, it doesn't save my settings for some reason and I don't know why. It's *bleep* annoying.

3. Is it possible to group all photos into one folder? When I open 'pictures' I only see a few pics that I took with the actual camera. I have to navigate to 'device folders' in order to see individual folders like 'screenshots' and pics I received while using specific apps. That shit is annoying as *bleep*. Also, the album covers get saved in the photo gallery :facepalm:

4. When I type a number into keypad, I can't just copy and paste it from that screen. This of course comes in handy when jotting down a quick number to text to someone.

I was thinking about getting a galaxy s6 edge or sony z5 but I really can't live with these features. Might have to go back to Apple.

Most of it seems like your phone mate.

1) Used 3 Android phones in a row and that never happened to me. Phone fault here.

2) same thing again mate. It saves all my settings and I don't have to do it again.

3) There should be 'gallery' app which will have all the photos.

4) Just save that number as you type?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Ok, guess its just this particular phone that's glitch infested. The more a phone is like a PC the more glitches I think? I had my iPhone for 3.5 years and the only issue I had was that it started to lag from time to time, but that's expected with a device that's turned on almost every second of the day for over 3 years Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:59 pm

I have a galaxy note 4. and it was ment one of the best phones in the world. trust me it is shit. it lags more than baloteli on a bad day.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Unique wrote:I have a galaxy note 4. and it was ment one of the best phones in the world. trust me it is shit. it lags more than baloteli on a bad day.

hmm interesting..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:27 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
Unique wrote:I have a galaxy note 4. and it was ment one of the best phones in the world. trust me it is shit. it lags more than baloteli on a bad day.

hmm interesting..
the phone is bad mate. when I type it freezes for 2 seconds and then the words show on the screen. it always over heats. and when I scroll the screen down it sticks bad. If I factory reset the phone it is fine for a few days and then it plays up again. I sent it off 3 times and all they do is factory reset the phone and send it back.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Too much is looked into phones anyway these days. Just settle for something that can access social media, can call/text, has a good battery, can take screenshots - because those are crucial Laughing Not this fancy OS stuff, google play, itunes bullshit

I mean. We used to roll with these and had no problem with them

http://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/no1100.gif
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:29 pm

El Gunner wrote:Too much is looked into phones anyway these days. Just settle for something that can access social media, can call/text, has a good battery, can take screenshots - because those are crucial Laughing Not this fancy OS stuff, google play, itunes bullshit

I mean. We used to roll with these and had no problem with them

http://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/no1100.gif
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Why not go back to an iphone? They're great phones and it's something you're used to already.

I've only had android phones and I haven't had any of the problems you guys are talking about but if it's not for you then it's not for you.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:54 pm

elitedam wrote:Why not go back to an iphone? They're great phones and it's something you're used to already.

I've only had android phones and I haven't had any of the problems you guys are talking about but if it's not for you then it's not for you.
tbh apple are rubbish. ive had iphones. I pods and ipads and they were all crap. after a month or 2 the batteries are fooked. updates give you nothing but problems.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:57 pm

elitedam wrote:Why not go back to an iphone? They're great phones and it's something you're used to already.

I'm leaning towards that, it's the camera that's drawing me to the other phones to be honest Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:06 am

Really? I thought iphone cameras were supposed to be some of the best smartphone cameras around? That's what I read anyways.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 am

elitedam wrote:Really? I thought iphone cameras were supposed to be some of the best smartphone cameras around? That's what I read anyways.
tbh they are all the same. forget what the stats say. your eyes cant tell the difference
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 am

The Galaxy S6's camera looked a little bit better to me tbh lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:41 am

LeSwagg James wrote:The Galaxy S6's camera looked a little bit better to me tbh lol
that will be more down to the screen on the phone and not the mega pixals. my galaxy note 4 on paper has a much better camara than my sons iPhone 6. but put them on a pc and they both look the same.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:32 pm

man iOS 9 is a disaster! glitches, bugs, music player sucks!!!! now i want to revert back to my old IOS .. apple has STOPPED signing off to 8.4.1 firmware ! and u cant restore!

is Apple being the biggest jerk ever???! thats user choice to go back to old iOS, not them dictacting everything!

my sister updated my ios and i was so pissed but , man i m seriously done with APpple!

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:35 pm

JespSwe wrote:man iOS 9 is a disaster! glitches, bugs, music player sucks!!!! now i want to revert back to my old IOS .. apple has STOPPED signing off to 8.4.1 firmware ! and u cant restore!

is Apple being the biggest jerk ever???! thats user choice to go back to old iOS, not them dictacting everything!

my sister updated my ios and i was so pissed but , man i m seriously done with APpple!

you can jail break your phone and restore any IOS you want.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:38 pm

any advice on this??? i want to go back to 8.4.1 OS even if i have to pay few hundred bucks!

cuz seriously i cant stand this disasster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Unique wrote:
JespSwe wrote:man iOS 9 is a disaster! glitches, bugs, music player sucks!!!! now i want to revert back to my old IOS .. apple has STOPPED signing off to 8.4.1 firmware ! and u cant restore!

really??????

there is one slight problem to this. in Japan, my mobile iphone is provided provider called AU, and they have strict contract 2 years and does the not jailbroken iphone will violate terms with contracted services?

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:50 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Unique wrote:

really??????

there is one slight problem to this. in Japan, my mobile iphone is provided provider called AU, and they have strict contract 2 years and does the not jailbroken iphone will violate terms with contracted services?
over here jail break only voids the warrenty on the phone. it has nothing to do with service provider. so I'm not sure what you can do.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:52 pm

what I phone is it mate.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Unique wrote:
JespSwe wrote:
Unique wrote: you can jail break your phone and restore any IOS you want.

really??????

over here jail break only voids the warrenty on the phone. it has nothing to do with service provider. so I'm not sure what you can do.

oh really? if thats the case, i want to get back to my old iOS in whatever way possible.

i use iphone 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:20 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Unique wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

really??????

oh really? if thats the case, i want to get back to my old iOS in whatever way possible.

i use iphone 6
http://www.iphonehacks.com/jailbreak-iphone-6-plus

have a look at that and go on youtube for instrctions. but if it asks you for money at any time then don't pay. you can get everything you need for free online. I used TaiGJBreak for my sons ipad and my ipod. but they were not the latest apple devices so I'm not sure if that will work for you. but spend a little time on the net and you will find out what you need for your phone. the TaiGJBreak was as simple as pluging in the ipod and clicking go. but you will need to get the IOS that you want. I just wanted to jailbreak to use kodi on the ipad.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next