zizzle
M99
silver
Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
28 posters

Page 22 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Go down

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 22 Empty Re: #ThankYouDanielBryan - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:35 pm

I think they'll treat Nakamura and Styles alright. I mean with WWE you obviously never know, but considering they're going to be paying them big bucks, it wouldn't make much sense to strip them away from everything that got them over.

Of course they are going to have to adapt to the restrictions here, but they're way too talented to not overcome them IMO. I don't necessarily see them as main eventers, but they will be upper midcarders for sure.

Also unlike Cesaro, I can see Vince liking Nakamura. Nakamura's gimmick is the type of stuff Vince loves. Sure the language is going to be an obstacle and he probably will need a manager, but Nakamura's the most charismatic wrestler out there. If they don't strip him of everything that got him over, I can see him having some main roster success.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 22 Empty Re: #ThankYouDanielBryan - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23

Post by silver Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Isn't Styles over 40 now?

Does Vince know he got rid of the Cruiserweight division years ago?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm

That's what i meant by it should have happened years ago, he's 38 but yeah he's too old for a legit run imo.

Although don't quite understand the Cruiserweight comment hmm For one he's probably heavier than that and although a high flyer his moveset is a lot more varied than a standard Cruiserweight.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:29 pm

Styles is no cruiserweight. He's a bit of a chubby which makes him look shorter, but he's probably just an inch shorter than Cena. Semi-strong wrestler as well, not just a high-flyer, stylist.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:08 am

If Nakamura is given a dancing gimmick rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:03 pm

From the guy who broke the Styles, Nakamura, Bullet Club news.

I was told early this morning that Rocky Romero, Bad Luck Fale and Tama Tonga are all negotiating with WWE.

Romero has talked about being a guest trainer, he is well liked by everyone. He is close with Matt Bloom from their time in NJPW. He would likely be a player/coach in NXT.

Tama and Fale appear to be trying to negotiate a better spot with NJPW. Fale would have to move continents to work for WWE, while Tama actually lives in Tampa. With Karl and Doc leaving, it would make sense that they move up into the top gaijin tag spot.
I'd guess none of them go anywhere and end up with better deals from NJPW.

From what someone on the ground in Japan right now said, everyone is in shock. Gedo is shuffling but stunned. Guys will be sad to see AJ go, they are sad that Anderson and Gallows will go, but they know its time. The Japanese are said to be their typically stoic quiet selves in regards to Nakamura leaving.

I was told that NJPW will likely be offering Michael Elgin a full time gaijin deal.

I think its a combination of everything. Bad ratings, stale talent, NXT expansion, Japan debut of the network.

Also what shouldn't be lost is the power Fergal Devitt has with HHH. HHH loves him and trusts him. While HHH is the boss in NXT, Fergal is the leader of the NXT. The Balor Club will without a doubt bring comparisons to The Kliq.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:10 pm

I don't quite understand all of this tbh.

Why now is WWE so interested in poaching outside/indie scene talent lol? ( well poaching isn't really the word as they are out of contract but yeah)

You would hope it means that they will diverse the roster and actually make it like the old days where there's multiple talented guys with relevant story lines and not just one or two.

But obviously nobody in their right mind actually believes that is gonna happen which makes these moves even more perplexing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Did you honestly think NXT was purely for developmental? A lot of those indie guys they sign aren't going to be on the main roster.

The hoarding of the 'good' indie talent is so that the smarks buy the WWE network to see their favorite wrestlers compete on NXT. It's pretty much another way for WWE to monopolize the wrestling industry even more.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Casciavit wrote:Did you honestly think NXT was purely for developmental? A lot of those indie guys they sign aren't going to be on the main roster.

The hoarding of the 'good' indie talent is so that the smarks buy the WWE network to see their favorite wrestlers compete on NXT. It's pretty much another way for WWE to monopolize the wrestling industry even more.

Yeah i understand it then, but i thought you said yesterday they are going to be signed to the main roster lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:11 pm

AJ Styles and Nakamura will likely go to the main roster straight away, since they'll be paid big bucks, but I'm talking more in general. A lot of the indie signings won't be on the main roster unless upper management think they can get over with the casual audience and not just the smarks.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:31 pm

why is that balor guy still on nxt btw?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:32 pm

He sells NXT tickets. Will be wrestling Adam Rose in smackdown if he was moved up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Firenze wrote:why is that balor guy still on nxt btw?

NXT is pretty much it's own brand now. People get promoted only when they are done with all their NXT storylines and they still have plenty to do with Balor.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:08 pm

so reigns is going to be defending his title in the royal rumble match itself? good move, i'm in now

they knew the rumble itself lacked a draw this year
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Makes it predictable as *bleep* that Reigns is gonna retain though lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:18 pm

nah

could see lesnar winning it setting up those 2 at mania
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:05 pm

For some reason I forgot to read the Raw results from the past week.

My god Vince is ripped for a 70yr old man. Puts Roman Reigns to shame.

Is Jericho really back? Hasn't he done enough jobbing already? Does he have any credibility left?

My initial reaction to Regins defending the title in the actual Royal Rumble match was "that's the stupidest idea ever!", but now I think about it I'm actually intrigued on how this will go. However if this leads to anything other than Lesnar winning, then it goes back to a stupid idea.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:35 pm

news that cena's injured and likely out of mania hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:37 pm

if that's true the WWE is truly *bleep*. That's the price you pay for putting all your eggs in one basket...
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:42 pm

As for Reigns defending in the rumble...My initial reaction was why the hell are they throwing away the rumble like that, but then again the rumble itself is pointless this year so why not..

The news of AJ styles joining WWE is really good. Obviously we all know how this will end (he will job to Cena, Reigns, Orton, HHH, whatever new guy they wanna push, but he'll go over Ambrose, Owens, Cesaro and the likes in pointless IC title feuds and random matches) but hey, we can hope, maybe this guy will get really over and they'll be forced to do something with him (Like Punk and Bryan)
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:27 am

When's the Rumble? Are we watching it together again?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:15 am

They are lacking stars for RR atm. Wonder if Bryan will show up?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:03 am

This is when years of 50/50 booking and burying stars because they get over on their own catches up.

They are trying to make it the biggest Wrestlemania in history and now they have to do it without Cena and Orton. I think these two made every Wrestlemania in the last 11 years.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 am

Cena's injured, I was actually looking forward to a Cena-Taker /Cena-Reigns passing of the torch match TBH Neutral

But like M99 said, years of not wanting to create any stars is now starting to bite them back. I do really wonder how the Mania card is actually going to look like. Maybe they'll bring back Bryan after the Rumble/Fastlane?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Wrestlemania without Cena lol

They best start begging steve austin to wrestle
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Can't remember the last time Cena had a good match at WM tbh so won't be missed IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next