Unique
Kick
free_cat
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Too many perma banned users - Page 5 Empty Re: Too many perma banned users

Post by Sri Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:15 pm

I like the forums now, tbh. There is some leniency towards good banter and no excessive trolling.

The latter was a big reason why I limited myself to the Arsenal section in the early years at this forum.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:46 am

RealGunner wrote:Just because you want the trolls back for your own personal enjoyment doesn't mean it's going to happen.

They are banned for a reason. If you can't understand that then there is nothing else we can do.

Yeah, that's the reason, but I think most people enjoyed some good trolling and banter. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:40 am

I might be late to the party but these are my two cents.

I dont believe that Perma ban should be used for repeated offenses, especially if these offenses are minor. Now i understand banning someone for being blatantly racist or posting something really offensive, but in other cases i would stick with longer bans, every ban is automatically longer, but never permanent. After all you never get death penalty for something like robbery, even if you did it a 100 times.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:While I have no pity for the banned, I feel this forum has become more lenient and moved in the direction of being more banter friendly. Which I'm not a huge fan of and a big reason I won't post as frequently. I personally felt there was a time year or so ago when this place had to make a decision which direction to head. But since they went in a more laid back direction, I do think it would be ok to bring some members back.

Perhaps I'm wrong since I don't even lurk as much as I used to. That is just my two cents.
really. you don't like banter on a football forum.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:37 pm

zizzle wrote:I might be late to the party but these are my two cents.

I dont believe that Perma ban should be used for repeated offenses, especially if these offenses are minor. Now i understand banning someone for being blatantly racist or posting something really offensive, but in other cases i would stick with longer bans, every ban is automatically longer, but never permanent. After all you never get death penalty for something like robbery, even if you did it a 100 times.

Most perma bans are for multi. People get temporary bans then stupidly make another account and gets banned for life. If idris just had the patience to wait 10 years and not make the Last Bullet account, we would have seen him in 2023 again.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5