If Benitez fails, it will be because.......

+10
izzy
futbol_bill
Doc
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
Magricos
titosantill
shadexticos
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If Benitez fails, it will be because....... Empty If Benitez fails, it will be because.......

Post by shadexticos Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Majority of Madrid and football fans did not support the idea of swapping Ancelotti with Benitez.
A few months into his tenure and we are starting to confirm the concept we formed of the guy - His lack of imagination and rigid team structure.
Surprisingly enough, i have a good feeling about him; he seems to have taken note of the two major problems with the Ancelotti era which are:
1 refusal to integrate the substitutes into the team which resulted in fatigue of key players and inability of the subs to adequately cover up.
2 - Inability to tailor his tactics to his opponent.

With benitez, we have seen him use the substitutes a number of times and their contributions have been vital in the games they were brought in.
Against atletico madrid, He started Casemiro in midfield ahead of Bale which turned out to be a genius idea until he and arbeloa had a brain fart.
Againt atletico Bilbao, he used 3 ball holding midfielders which worked in our favour.

He is not without his mistakes but of all his mistakes so far, there seems to be one which i feel like i am the only madrid fan really taken note of.
We heard about the training ground spat between him and Ronaldo because he disqualified a goal scored by ronaldo in training and described Ronaldo as 'one of the best players in the world'

The press jumped on his ass and since then, we have heard him backtracking on his statement and calling Ronaldo the best in the world. He has learnt about how much of a diva ronaldo is needs to be praised constantly to fuel his ego. He has learnt about the power Ronaldo wields in the club and how important he is to the revenue of the club. So no matter what he really thinks, he must continue praising ronaldo and calling him the best player in the world even though we all silently and some, openly admit he is not.
In an attempt to win Ronaldo over, Benitez has made some of the most dangerous decisions and has said some of the dumbest things. I cant go through the stress of putting a link to every statement he said but i expect that an ardent madrid fan like me would have read it somewhere.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

If Benitez fails, it will be because....... Empty Re: If Benitez fails, it will be because.......

Post by shadexticos Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Benitez mistakes highlighted among others.
1 - In order to show Ronaldo how important he is, he has started calling him the best player in the world shamelessly and without conviction in his mode of utterance.
2 - He has constantly taken off any threat to goalscoring and turned the shape of the team to a 4-5-1 with every body working for Ronaldo.
3 - Ronaldo was never the type to track back but he hasnt be really poor in the department but since the spat with Benitez, i realized that Ronaldo doesnt even bother marking a player 2 feet away from him.
4 - He constantly talks about Ronaldo and how many goals he has scored!
5 - He called Real madrid 'Ronaldo and ten more' which didnt go down well with Ramos.
6 - He has been substituting our big game striker and highest goalscorer - Benzema almost every match in order to reduce the chances that the final pass would end up with another person. The decision has never made has stronger with Ronaldo as the lone striker.
7 - He said Benzema needed to score more goals to stay on when we have all seen that Benzema has been the one bailing us out in the big games.
Ronaldo does not influence the big games enough and his desperate attempt to get Ronaldo's attention by sacrificing players with more impact in the tough games would be his downfall.

Despite his Ronaldocentric and negative tactics, i still believe in him. In order to succeed, there are a few things he could do:
1 - Reduce the frequency and desperation in trying to get Ronaldo's attention and focus on every other player.
2 - Attack

If you all havent noticed the body language of his teammates lately, i have.
- Bale doesnt make eye contact with Ronaldo anymore and passes only to who he thinks is free enough to receive a pass. Bale doesnt even look at him or smile when he goes to celebrate Ronaldo’s with him.
- Bale doesn’t always look for Ronaldo anymore or run to him when he (Bale) scores a goal.
- Benzema does the same except that he makes some eye contact. Benzema now gesticulates his disapproval with Ronaldo's on-field selfishness.
- Isco tries to shoot even when Ronaldo is in a better position.
- Ramos definitely is not a Ronaldo fan and only maintains a professional relationship with him.
- Marcelo does not hang around ronaldo as frequently as before and does not get all childishly jubilant with ronaldo when he scores a goal.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

If Benitez fails, it will be because....... Empty Re: If Benitez fails, it will be because.......

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:28 am

no big deal yet. he is still getting used to his players, playing politics and being diplomatic. as far as relationships go, its sports, u argue more with your teammates than opponents. we can't look as body language and make assessments on how the season will turn out, without results being put forward. and no reason for marcelo to stay the same, he is a vice captain now behind ramos, when cristiano joined, marcelo was still one of the youngest on the squads and had no position of authority, now he's more mature.

to be honest we don't know rafa's tactics yet so we can't draw conclusions on whether or not they're 'ronaldocentric'. we've played a few games, 9 to be precise and we haven't had a full squad for about half of those if not more (bale and james missing alter the plans significantly). so we don't know if the present tactics are makeshift or permanent. and if i were a betting man i'd say they're makeshift till we get a full squad and play some more games

i know we are very wary about rafa, but i'd like to focus on positives than if rafa fails. i think i would rather the thread becomes "for rafa to succeed at Real Madrid, it will be because".... and one of my  answers to that will be, "it will be because arbeloa remains on the bench and supports the team from a distance by cheering them on till his contract expires"
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 am

His biggest downfall will be man management if he fails.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:15 am

Because He is managing bunch of divas who are more interested in personal achievement rather than collective goods hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 am

I consider cryuff one of the greatest football visionaries and philosophers. Hardly has any of his assessments or opinions been off. We all saw what barcelona achieved with him as their honourary president. Barcelona owe a great deal of their dominance to the foundation he built.

We know about his detest for real madrid but Which non-madrid fan would not hate our mode of operation. Even as a madrid fan, i hate the management style. Despite that, he never fails to give credit to madrid or a madrid player when it is due.

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/10/06/english/1444150661_458086.html
OR
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2576443-johan-cruyff-talks-lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-ballon-dor-race-xavi-more

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/10/07/english/1444204977_104411.html

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:27 pm

shadexticos wrote:

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/10/07/english/1444204977_104411.html

Jesus Christ. I had heard AS were anti-Perez but I wasn't aware that they were this toxic. A hit job on Benitez after 2 months smh.
Who needs enemies with friends like these.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:33 pm

If he fails it will be down to the ridiculous expectation put on him, full stop.

There is not a single manager in the world who could come in and deal with all the BS that comes with the job and come out clean on the other end. Carlo is probably the closest thing we have had since Del Bosque

The expectation is to win everything all the time, it just isn't possible to sustain for more than a season or 2.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:53 pm

i think the expectation is to win one trophy a year at least... one of CDR, La Liga or CL. If Rafa fails in any season, he is out. it's pretty simple actually.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:13 am

i think its more between la liga and ucl...cdr is alright depending on the situation (if we're playing a major rival in the final). but if a rival wins liga or ucl and we take cdr, i consider that a failure, almost as bad as winning nothing
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:11 am

Basically every manager will eventually fail.

The dream of having an SAF or Del Bosque last at RM is just fantasy because the environment won't permit it.

It also has to do with the modern footballing era. There is no margin for error and if results don't happen immediately then you are gone. Simple as that, so we can throw all the so called "factors" out the window TBH.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 am

Also a big reason why developing kids unless they're phenoms is a non-possibility. Managers have too much immediate pressure to take that kind of risk.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:46 am

Rafa has his flaws and it would be shown throughout the season. Whether he wins anything of any note is something that is an unknown element. If he fails, then yes, he'll be held responsible for what took place on the pitch.

But at the same time, I think the club itself leaves any manager that would come here with very little room to wiggle. Our transfer policy is utterly ridiculous and for a club as grand as Real Madrid, they give players way too much "power" in terms of influence. For all the FC Hollywood Bayern are, upper management doesn't mess around too much with that. And the expectations are honestly unsustainable for such a long period as Deez pointed out. Then there is Madrid media...

So bad transfer policy, a squad that has way too much influence on your own squad, expectations that really is demanding and the Madrid media, most if not all managers would eventually fail under these conditions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:59 pm

I agree with all three of you (Sports, Deez and Doc).

Part of the problem with Benz complaining about being subbed out, is he sees Ronaldo and Bale still on the field. That is Perez not Benitez that is requiring these two not to be rotated.

And yes, Ramos, Ronaldo and earlier Bale complains are because they have too much influence.

Honestly, I don't believe Benitez was the wrong choice and he hasn't really done anything wrong yet. Sure perhaps he got the 2nd half tactics wrong last weekend as Ramos says, but who knows. And how could Benitez know that both his RB would be injured at same time and his insurance RB would play so badly.

All this Benitez talk in this past week is the media and given it is a slow week for them, they go back to basics, stir up some controversy to sell papers.

Benitez (or any coach) has a very delicate tightrope to walk on. I would much prefer a Benitez or Carlo as opposed to a Mourinho or Van Gaal.

Let's wait to see how he does in his next big test (PSG).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 am

@shadexticos wrote:

So no matter what he really thinks, he must continue praising ronaldo and calling him the best player in the world

Rafa Benítez was interviewed on Onda Cero radio's 'Al Primer Toque
Cristiano Ronaldo: "I've decided to say yes and yes whenever I'm asked whether Ronaldo is the best player I've ever coached"
i can imagine how he feels whenever they throw that question at him.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Terrible thread, just terrible.

It's October ffs. Give the dude a damn chance. :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:35 pm

izzy wrote:Terrible thread, just terrible.

It's October ffs. Give the dude a damn chance. :facepalm:
maybe if u read a little closer you would see where i said i am actually positive about him despite the observations.
Its more of a negative view to what he could do to succeed.
An alternative title would be "If Benitez succeeds, it would be because"

Its just what i noticed in the few games we have played so far.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:08 pm

shadexticos wrote:maybe if u read a little closer you would see where i said i am actually positive about him despite the observations.

It's a HORRENDOUS thread.

Observations? How many competitive games has he been in charge in so far?
How many times has he been able to fully play his best team? Do we even know what his best first 11 is?

"If he FAILS......" Are you kidding me?

It's fcking OCTOBER!

Predicting the guys failure..... Joke.

He's learning, he'll make mistakes like everyone else. He'll learn from them, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and point out the reasons he will fail in fcking OCTOBER.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:52 am

izzy wrote:
shadexticos wrote:maybe if u read a little closer you would see where i said i am actually positive about him despite the observations.

How many times has he been able to fully play his best team? Do we even know what his best first 11 is?

It's fcking OCTOBER!

He's learning, he'll make mistakes like everyone else. He'll learn from them, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and point out the reasons he will fail in fcking OCTOBER.

you seem so pained by the thread, I'm sure you wanna shoot yourself now.I think u need a hug or something. That's the joy of a madridista community - you watch matches, take observations, ask the community what they think, clear/reinforce your doubts/assurances.

I think my next thread would be "If izzy shoots himself, it will be because....."

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 am

izzy wrote:

It's fcking OCTOBER!

you seem so pained by the thread, I'm sure you wanna shoot yourself now.I think u need a hug or something. That's the joy of a madridista community - you watch matches, take observations, ask the community what they think, clear/reinforce your doubts/assurances.

Regardless, i am optimistic about Benitez and i believe we will win one major trophy come may.

I think my next thread would be "If izzy shoots himself, it will be because....."

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:13 am

Madrid defence undoubtedly is the weak link. They have been more than once bailed out by their keeper with streak of stellar performances. Personally I think there is not very diffence between de gea and him. Benitez is known to tightened the defence which is not seen yet though its a very short time to judge someone. If benitez fails it will be because of the very same reasons imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I like him. He really wants to be and succeed here. But it seems like all our players regressed under him. Modric, Kroos, Ronaldo, Isco all play like shit compared to last season. And there is also the mental part where I think it was one of Carlo's biggest strenghts. I haven't seen so much lack of aggresivity since the galacticos era.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Let's not overreact on one game. If they play like this again, then alright go for it, but for now let's wait to see how they overcome this esp. against Barca.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Sacked according to media.

Lmao like I said should have benched James a while ago. He kept playing the stars and still got sacked. I hope he learns from this and stick to his own philosophy in the future.

Zidane the interim.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Adit wrote:Sacked according to media.

Lmao like I said should have benched James a while ago. He kept playing the stars and still got sacked. I hope he learns from this and stick to his own philosophy in the future.

Zidane the interim.

i would have stick with Benitez we aren't winning a thing anyway, and now we are gonna burn Zidane, he deserved a preseason, not this interim thing.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next