BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
DeletedUser#1
70 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 12 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:32 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Unique wrote:money has nothing to do with it. prem lge teams will be charged more for any player because the selling team knows they have lots of cash. I agree the german lge is stronger than the prem lge now. but I don't buy this English teams are 5 years behind german teams.

Even when PL teams are overcharged, they still are worlds beyond stacked compared to all BL teams bar Bayern.

But I don't even think the German league is stronger than the English one. And I don't think BL teams are 5 years ahead strength-wise.

I just think that the continental game is tactically ahead of the British game, and my guesstimation is "by about 5 seasons", could be 3, could be 8, who knows. I just think that even record Champions ManU employed very dated tactics for the longest part of their reign.

I'm not discussing who will win in an imaginary tournament or anything. I'm just saying, that continental coaches are much more adept at kitting over holes in their squads with good tactics and coaching, than their British counter parts who have a tendency to throw money at the problem, and then ignore it, which is why you have teams laboring on the same shortcomings for several seasons, something that really wouldn't happen on the continent, unless that problem is "losing all talented players due to lack of funds".

this

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 12 Empty Re: Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Thank you for rephrasing it Viva because I was just about to disagree with your initial "4 or 5 seasons behind" post.

Things can change very quickly.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Klopp is the best manager in England and it's not close. Some people were 'laughing' the notion off in the BPL thread a week ago.

lol it's not even a notion, it's a suggestion, comment or opinion.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:Things can change very quickly.
They can, and they're changing as we speak
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:39 pm

I think the difference is indeed that in Germany the coaches don't have the money to buy big in case of problems, but they have to be inventive with what is on their hand.

I read a bit through the comments sections at the Guardian of an article where Kloppo was quoted that he thinks his Liverpool squad is fine as it is. Many of the people wrote "Well, just wait what Klopp can do when he will spend 100 GBP for new players in the winter transfer window!"

There were one or two people (probably from Germany) commenting that Kloppo would likely not buy anyone at all in the winter as he is not really used to that, but that he will work with the players he has and rather make them better than just throw out money to buy more stars.

IMO Kloppo works best when he has young players who do what he wants and not superstars.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:42 pm

.. and that's why he's such a good fit at Liverpool
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:49 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:PS: I also don't agree with Hans that the BL is ahead as a whole

Just saw this. Wasn't saying that, I was responding to Unique's claim of what 'stats show' with CL wins etc with a reference to the UEFA 5 year valuation where Germany is on top of England.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Kloppo will probably buy some players, maybe even in the winter. But it'll mostly be youngsters for the bench, who'll get gently nudged towards first team action over the course of the next three seasons.
He's probably more interested in what players offer his system, than in their "white room" quality. Don't think he's all that interested in the total football approach, and perfectly fine with coaching idiot savants, if he can find a niche for them.
He was very happy with Bender for example, who is kind of a one trick pony with titanium lungs.
(And glass bones, sadly)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:PS: I also don't agree with Hans that the BL is ahead as a whole

Just saw this. Wasn't saying that, I was responding to Unique's claim of what 'stats show' with CL wins etc with a reference to the UEFA 5 year valuation where Germany is on top of England.

Yeah I misread you, sorry about that, I read Uniques post who implied you said that and answered to that, without actually noticing that you didn't say that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:17 pm

He wouldnt have been happy with two Manni Benders though, he did have a Gündogan or Sahin alongside after all..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Yeah sure, but the transition to having Gündogan play together with Sahin was mostly due to injury, or against opposition they didn't deem all that scary, against the tough ones they always had one of either Bender or Kehl on the pitch, both of whom are mostly just tackle-machines, filling roles that player like Milner probably can as well.

But yeah, that's the position I'd most expect Klopp to spend some cash. He'll want at least one player in the mould of Gündogan or Sahin. Though he might also try to get that out of the players he has, maybe Can.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 12 Klopp10
(click to enlarge)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:02 pm

wouldent mind a class cb. left back. and cm player in the next 2 windows. hummels would fit the bill for cb. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 pm

If you try to snipe from Dortmund, I'd suggest you go after Ginter, who's cheaper, and can play DM, CB, and RB.

Also awesome prospects in defence from Germany are Süle, and Knoche. For CM get Weigl or Geis, maybe Goretzka. None of those except Weigl play for Dortmund though.
I'm only talking German players because those are who I know.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Kirchhoff seems an ideal candidate.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:31 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:If you try to snipe from Dortmund, I'd suggest you go after Ginter, who's cheaper, and can play DM, CB, and RB.

Also awesome prospects in defence from Germany are Süle, and Knoche. For CM get Weigl or Geis, maybe Goretzka. None of those except Weigl play for Dortmund though.
I'm only talking German players because those are who I know.
we have a much better chance at getting a few good players from Germany with klopp in charge. he will know all about them. and they will know all about him. Liverpool have had a few good german players in the past. a few more now will be welcome eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Kirchhoff seems an ideal candidate.

Wasn't he just injured for, like, forever, or am I confusing him with Wollscheid?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:48 pm

He was, just getting fit now. Obviously he won't get into our team now so he'll need to go somewhere else.

Isn't Wollscheid at some scrub PL club too now?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Isn't Wollscheid at some scrub PL club too now?

No.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Eh? Thought he transfered somewhere underwhelming

Edit: Stokecelona!! Ok yes I'm sorry, he's at a fantastic club now.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Eh? Thought he transfered somewhere underwhelming

Edit: Stokecelona!! Ok yes I'm sorry, he's at a fantastic club now.
stoke used to be hard to beat. now they have good players they are scrubs Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:22 pm

I wouldn't make any statements of that sort BEFORE having played that semi if I were you
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I wouldn't make any statements of that sort BEFORE having played that semi if I were you
I know. I'm just messing. I'm just happy we have him cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:03 pm

klopp that is eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:12 am

Proud

Jürgen Klopp - New Liverpool Manager - Page 12 RYXakh9
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

That loss against Crystal Palace though.
Klopp's got a good track record against French clubs though, you'll be fine for your next match.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next