Adit
Mr Nick09
81 posters

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Thibuuuu: welcome to Madrid - Page 22 Empty Re: Thibuuuu: welcome to Madrid

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:22 am

guest7 wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:Honestly, there is no reason to change something that is good and Keylor Navas is very good. Why take a risk and make changes? Keep him until he doesn't play well anymore or until he retires.

Ever since Madrid was interested in De Gea Man U fans started rate Keylor to the roof rofl

It's okay tho, I'd feel the same if Madrid were about to take your best player

Lol. I wasn't even speaking about De Gea. Do you even know if I care if he leaves or not? You can't know because I haven't said a word and you don't know me. I just watched Real Madrid this season and I saw that Navas is a very good GK. You just judged the fact that I am a United fan and never considered to use your head and not your ego when you were typing the reply to my post.

I feel that it is impossible to share an honest thought with good intentions because some .... will come and interpret it in an unimaginable way.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:46 pm

okay fair enough

just saying though if Man U were to buy De Gea from us all of U would be happy to do it. maybe not for that price being offered atm but he would be the desired player for sure
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Courtois (to @sportfootmag ): "If Real Madrid want me, I'd have to speak with Chelsea. If they are interested, my personal situation would affect things. My two kids live in Madrid with their mother. The family aspect has no price, my heart is in Madrid"
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Courtoi - "Madrid sucks and has a sissy." @sportfootmagisbull
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Yeah those quotes sound HIGHLY suspicious Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:45 pm

Here is the Interviee it's in French. His family lives in Madrid  he is saying he would prefer to live in Madrid the city so if RM want him they are welcome to a bid. Nothing surprising he is negotiating a new deal with Chelsea and putting pressure on both clubs. It's well reported Madrid want to buy

http://m.sportmagazine.levif.be/sport/foot-national/courtois-mon-coeur-est-a-madrid/article-normal-795231.html

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Why does RM need to replace Keylor anyways? Wasn't he basically as good as DDG and Flo a genius for failing to send the fax in time?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 pm

Keylor is turning 32 soon, he is good keeper, but it's a position we can improve.

i think the idea was to sign Kepa for 20 mil, a young keeper to grow behind Keylor like you did Mats, but Zidane veto'd the transfer. Now he has a new deal and a high release clause.

so in this ever inflating market, there is a keen interest to secure a top 5 GK for the next couple of years.

i mess around with Thibu but De Gea is the best GK in the world. he is the real target even now. I think we will go for him again this summer, even if he cost 60/70 mil. we are going to torch the next transfer window anyway
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:09 am

32 is not the end of the world for a GK, if he's still good I think Madrid can prioritize other positions for the time being...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:32 is not the end of the world for a GK, if he's still good I think Madrid can prioritize other positions for the time being...

Keylor has been mediocre. He's either incredible or awful. He can save so much, but usually it results in rebounds and other horrible actions.

There's no need to settle for his caliber. He had two amazing years, and been declining ever since.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:39 am

Navas' position is the very last thing this mad club should be looking to rectify but they insist that they must replace him. As if that'll solve our tactical ineptitude, dog poo football and awful finishing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Agreed with Doc, our tactics are all over the place, our starting striker has 2 league goals, and all of our players have the mental/emotional fragility of chad.. Keylor is literally the least of our worries.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:59 pm

World-class players aren't always available, though. If Madrid don't try to sign Courtois this summer and he signs a new Chelsea contract instead, your chances of signing him in 2019 or 2020 will be much lower.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Navas has been a temporary solution. The game plan has been for the past 2 years is to replace him with a world class keeper. That guy has been DeGea all along but a few things have gotten in the way to prohibit it, such as a fax machine and an inflated transfer price. The other options have been Courtois and Kepa, although Kepa mid season never made sense.

Although Navas is good and no doubt not the issue with this year’s pathetic performance, he does have his moments and it is a position that can be improved. Keep in mind that all moves over past two years was preparing club for future as the over 30 players decline. Our problems are not the entire team, it is the coach and the lack of a strategy or movement with replacing the front line.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Navas has been better than Courtois for at least the last 2 years. Pls don't do it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:03 pm

But given RM's recent transfer history, we are likely not going to fix all of our problems in one go. I'll pass on a world class keeper for now if it means we sign a competent striker.

And like I said, Keylor is really the least of our problems. He hasn't been bad imo. He hasn't been his best, but the goals coming in are because of poor performances/injuries/suspensions and tactics in front of him in our back line.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:08 pm

I like Courtois. I'd rather that Real get De Gea tbh.
Would weaken Man Utd while at the same time I could keep calling him overrated and I would not have to execute shifts and revisions in my aversions
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:World-class players aren't always available, though. If Madrid don't try to sign Courtois this summer and he signs a new Chelsea contract instead, your chances of signing him in 2019 or 2020 will be much lower.

Great. Excellent. Madrid have way more pressing issues than Conetois, like the very last thing that needs replacing is our goalie.

Meanwhile, Benzema has 2 La Liga goals and Zidane keeps doing the exact same thing expecting different results.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm just saying that if you want either De Gea or Courtois in the next few years, this summer is the time to sign one of them. As it stands both are out of contract in 2019, but likely to sign new 4-5 year deals if they don't move this summer. Although I would absolutely love it if De Gea did an Emre Can and let his contract run down and joined Madrid in 2019 on a free.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Doc, you have to assume that Zidane and BBC are going to be replaced this summer.

Given that, the rest of agenda is replacing older declining players. That’s Modric, Marcelo, Ramos, Navas. There already are potential replacements for Modric and Marcelo on board. That leaves a CB and GK.

Any other moves are either to fill out roster or changes to new coach’s strategy / tactics.

But, I will agree, these changes don’t have to be next summer. Priority definitely is to replace Zidane and BBC.

As to GK, it doesn’t necessarily means Navas departs. The idea of Kepa, and I suspect Donnarama, was to allow the youngster time to earn the role aka ter Stegen at Barca. But if it’s either Courtois or DeGea, it will have to be the exit of Navas.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Keylor is turning 32 soon, he is good keeper, but it's a position we can improve.

i think the idea was to sign Kepa for 20 mil, a young keeper to grow behind Keylor like you did Mats, but Zidane veto'd the transfer. Now he has a new deal and a high release clause.

so in this ever inflating market, there is a keen interest to secure a top 5 GK for the next couple of years.

i mess around with Thibu but De Gea is the best GK in the world. he is the real target even now. I think we will go for him again this summer, even if he cost 60/70 mil. we are going to torch the next transfer window anyway

Riiight. In a world where virgil van jik goes for 75 mil you will persuade woodward and co. to sell the best goalkeeper in the world for 60/70 mil.  Rolling Eyes

As for courtois, I thought Madrid wanted to improve their team, not go backwards. They already have a much better keeper. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Glory wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Keylor is turning 32 soon, he is good keeper, but it's a position we can improve.

Riiight. In a world where virgil van jik goes for 75 mil you will persuade woodward and co. to sell the best goalkeeper in the world for 60/70 mil.  Rolling Eyes

As for courtois, I thought Madrid wanted to improve their team, not go backwards. They already have a much better keeper. :facepalm:

Has he signed a new contract yet? You're getting very close to an Alexis Sanchez situation - from Arsenal's perspective - the longer he goes without putting pen to paper.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:32 is not the end of the world for a GK, if he's still good I think Madrid can prioritize other positions for the time being...

Honestly at 32 keepers can probably have a solid 5 or 6 years of their best football still. Around 37-38 is when the age starts to show a bit, and even then the best keepers are still good enough for most teams.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 pm

I do not know how much De Gea or Courtois would cost, both will have 1 year left of their deals so 60/70 is not an unreasonable price for an elite GK. The asking price will decide which player we sign but if it's too high there is a talented keeper like Alisson Becker that we are also looking at.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 pm

Jesus, you got blatant issues all over the pitch and you make a thread about signing a GK Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:50 pm

danyjr wrote:Jesus, you got blatant issues all over the pitch and you make a thread about signing a GK Laughing

Pretty sure it’s possible to buy other players also. The squad needs a whole new foundation, and a GK is part of that. If it can get better, they should improve.

The reason we’re in this mess has been the complacency and unwillingness to improve in areas that worked the year before.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next