elitedam
futbol
Myesyats
Kaladin
BAYERN_MUNICH
46 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Douglas Costa is a Beast and you couldn't see it Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Douglas Costa is a Beast and you couldn't see it Thread

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Utd is just better Juventus tbh

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The Douglas Costa is a Beast and you couldn't see it Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Douglas Costa is a Beast and you couldn't see it Thread

Post by S Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Khedira has been off late in his prime Germany WC 2014 form tbh so i'm not sure i'd take losers like Matic over Pogba over a World Champion :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Not made more than Bernardeschi this year tbh
He is very good though. As mist number of foreign players he has suffered Serie A adaption on first half of season. About it Serie A is still a tough league
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 06, 2018 9:44 pm

I've heard commentators get it wrong so often, I think I need to post this.
To all Juventus fans, here's Thomas Müller explaining how to say Costa's name correctly:

@1:21
Reporter: "Do you call him Doo-glass, or Dug-less?"
Müller "No, no, he's called Doh-glass. That's his name. And so that's also how he should be pronounced. Not Dugless and not Dooglass. Dohglass, Dohglass."

Please take note.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 pm

why'd you delete your post rincon?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 pm

I realized I was reading "Doh" in Spanish. Which has a different sound than in english. So it seemed wrong to me as in portuguese Douglas is read letter by letter, so the U has a sound. But then I figured "doh" in english probably has that sound too, remembered homer simpson. Basically the way to say it is as if saying "dough".
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Bottomline is, Müller's making an important point.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Tbh its not an annoying mispronunciation for me. Balkan names by sport commentators outside of Serie A kill me.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Hits out at a player with the elbow, then a clear headbutt followed by spitting the same opponent in the face..

How long should/will he be banned for? That cannot be a normal suspension of, like, 3 games.
Surely this has to be much longer, no?

(btw, can't believe the ref initially shows him yellow after that clear head butt right in front of him ..)
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:58 pm

It's probably gonna be like 6 games.

Whatever suspension will be well deserved. Acted like a total idiot, he only played about half an hour and managed to do that. I can see Allegri giving him the Bonucci treatment in CL too.

Last season he was our MOTM for the second game against Napoli. Now he went ahead and ruled himself out of the match :facepalm: Maybe will lose Genoa too which is always a bitch.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Anything he gets is fine. It’s out of character for what he’s shown at Juve. He was actually great last night when he came into the game up until all this transpired.

4-6 games seems about right

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:26 pm

I only saw the extended highlights. What Di Francesco did to receive so much rage ?

Allegri said Douglas will be fined by the club as this is shameful behavior. Suspension should be 4 games, one for every straight red he should have received (tackle, elbow, headbutt, spit).
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Di Francesco caught him with a trailing arm and Douglas went down clutching his face, which was uncalled by the ref (fine call imo, unintentional). This was only a few minutes before everything popped off. Douglas went berserk

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 am

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 am

Would love to jump him in some dark alley.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

What a disgusting human being.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm

How weak do you have to be to do that to someone on a football field. Bet he'd run behind his teammates in the tunnel
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm

wow

I thought it was all in the heat of the moment, but he had time to cool down and went after him again (which is why I think he should get a more severe ban)

the initial arm that triggered this was absolutely nothing and no intent behind it too

worse than anything I've seen Suarez do, 10 game ban IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Yes i bet Di Francesco ask for his recipe of spaghetti sauce and for no reason Douglas responded by spitting on his face Rolling Eyes clearly he was provoke and took the bait

Shame but not such a big deal, i've seen FAR worse unlike those who consider him as disgusting human and want to 1v1 in the backstreet. Would you believe. Just a moment of madness, the player has no history of violence, 4-5 games ban is sufficient.

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:38 pm

Maybe he was mad at being benched?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:07 pm

banned for 4 matches
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Douglas Costa alluded that Di Francesco said something which he can't repeat... which is probably true but doesn't change an inexcusable response. He also said he was wrong and apologized. All in all, spitting is just disgusting and cowardly

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Nishankly wrote:Utd is just better Juventus tbh

Are you trying to say something different and forgot the appropriate article or preposition, or are you being serious that Manchester United is better than Juventus? ?
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:18 pm

4 games is a joke tbh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Reading that Di Francesco is a known fascist? Obviously what Costa was wrong but don‘t feel sorry for him anymore.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Reading that Di Francesco is a known fascist? Obviously what Costa was wrong but don‘t feel sorry for him anymore.

The Douglas Costa is a Beast and you couldn't see it Thread - Page 5 DnXKeXUX0AIbe_X
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next