RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 39 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 am

He's looked good but it's just too risky to place your eggs in that kinda basket when your team is as shit as ours, all good for teams like City that can give them playing time and still beat most teams in the league easily but we have to fight tooth and nail for every point. Sad reality. But if we do go into the season with no more additions, would much rather see him getting minutes than Mata etc.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 39 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:37 am

Looking at the game vs Milan now, how come Rashford is now wide and Martial centered? Surely the other was around is more logical, and last season Rashford was central and Matrial wide under Ole.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 am

They switched now nvm
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 am

Or is this a two striker formation with Mata behind I am confised
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 am

They are better this way. CF has always been Anthony’s best position. It’s a shame he was rarely played there in the last 3 years. LvG bought him to be a CF and gave no 9 and was really good in his first season. JM then came, bought Zlatan, stripped Martial’s no., and shoehorned him in the left side. Glad Ole has seen the light. Rashford on the other hand, his inconsistency as a striker means his best position is slightly away from goal in the flanks, with his pace up against a caught out of position full back.
Having said that first few games I am expecting Ole to revert back to Rashford at 9.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:54 am

Firenze wrote:He's looked good but it's just too risky to place your eggs in that kinda basket when your team is as shit as ours, all good for teams like City that can give them playing time and still beat most teams in the league easily but we have to fight tooth and nail for every point. Sad reality. But if we do go into the season with no more additions, would much rather see him getting minutes than Mata etc.

But if our established players are unable to 'fight', I hope Ole is brave enough to throw these kids into the deep end. Like how LvG did.
Remember the no. of youngsters he gave debuts to. Now people only mention Rashford, but it was way more that. Remember scrubs like Blackett and McNair who to their credit played really well and even looked the part. It was all lvg. Guiellermo Varela, another mediocre player looked capable in right back under him. This time around, we have better standards of youth than we had back then. So, hope he wont persist with the dross if they continue to be you know dross.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:28 pm

What is happening with Sanchez? Isn't linked anywhere, not in teams plans.

For some reason I think if Sanchez never came Mou's tenure would have turned out differently. Screwed up their chemistry and a couple players development.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:31 pm

He's on like 400K p/w

there's no chance of him moving on and I think he has a contract until 2022

Proud

He has also looked exactly like he did in his final season at Arsenal throughout his time here, slow, demotivated and absolutely shit in general

he will still get gametime because we have terrible depth
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Martial
Rashford Lingard
Pogba Matic Mctominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Bissaka
DDG

Subs: Fred, Romero, Young, Smalling, Greenwood, James, Gomes

make no mistakes, we are weaker than last season and will finish 6th at best

Ole will be gone by December and it won't even be entirely his fault

same old shite
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:49 pm

can't even blame Pogba for wanting out, unreal lack of ambition in the team

Wolves have a much better starting 11 than us ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Nevermind Wolves, even FC Bacon 'N Eggs have a sporting director. Good thing you have multi-talented, ED Wood who can compensate for all that overrated crap Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 pm

going into a season with martial, rashford and greenwood as your strikers

dear oh dear
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:03 pm

just heard a United fan call Fred a Brazilian Tom Cleverly

perfect
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Tom Cleverly is a champion.

The disrespect is disgusting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:01 pm

It is quite funny to think that United - after finishing 6th - let go of a striker who still scored 12 league goals last season and brought in no attacking reinforcements.

Inbe4 they sign Sturridge in desperation.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:11 pm

United finishes 6th so as a response they sell their best striker and their best midfielder with no replacement Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Wait, they didn't replace Lukaku?!

Poor Ole. Reminds me of Numptegui when he was given a shit squad and got fired midseason because he didn't meet their expectations.

I'm afraid Ole is as good as gone, but I think he'll be kept until the end of the season.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 pm

yeah it's truly madness, like self-sabotage. Woodward is a cancer on the club, completely inept. Like I keep saying, Maguire is a marginal upgrade on Smalling - we dropped 80m on him and then refused to strengthen midfield or attack. While having 7 CB's in the squad.

I'll watch the season ahead, because that's what true fans do. You'll see be getting bashful and bragging when we nick a lucky win against City, Spurs, or Loserpool etc. But for the first time ever I'm resigned to the fact that the season ahead will be 95% suffering. I am expecting our worst ever finish in the PL.

Why fucking give Ole a bumper contract if you won't support him properly in the summer? he's gone by December. Can see Woodward getting Allegri around then. But the circle will continue until we install a DOF.

Pray for me friends.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:57 pm

Things were supposed to get better after Mourinho. And I'm not saying he's faultless here but this is like beating the final boss in a game and then discovering there's a true secret final boss.

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 39 Image
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Firenze wrote:Things were supposed to get better after Mourinho. And I'm not saying he's faultless here but this is like beating the final boss in a game and then discovering there's a true secret final boss.

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 39 Image

you should've been able to reach this conclusion far before you actually did...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Great upgrade on the defense.

Midfield needs another starting-caliber player.

You also needed an entirely new front line Laughing

Ole has his work cut out for him, that's for sure.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Firenze wrote:. But the circle will continue until we install a DOF.

Pray for me friends.

The prayers have been answered. It's almost magic Proud

BBC wrote:Manchester United will turn their attention to appointing a technical director now their summer transfer window business is complete.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49282584

rofl

What a sentence. Ed Woodward in a nutshell.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:10 am

I feel Mourinho could have done a lot if he had control over transfers.  United could have had mcguire last summer, along with targets mou thought would strengthen united's weak points.  But at the same time, his presence was also negatively impacting the team because of said lack of control over adding enforcements.
This transfer window for united was pretty shit, but bassika and mcguire enforce the squad defensively.  What ever happened to targets like perisic, savic, or fernandes?  Anyway I do like seeing Martial and Rashford as strike partners and wondering if the following formation can work:

Rashford      Martial
Pogba       Matiic
Shaw               McTominnay               Bassika
McGuire   Linelof   Defender
DeGea

I don't think they are gritty enough to pull off 3-5-2 though
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Firenze wrote:. But the circle will continue until we install a DOF.

Pray for me friends.

The prayers have been answered. It's almost magic Proud

BBC wrote:Manchester United will turn their attention to appointing a technical director now their summer transfer window business is complete.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49282584

rofl

What a sentence. Ed Woodward in a nutshell.

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 39 Face-punch1
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:39 am

Uncanny wrote:I feel Mourinho could have done a lot if he had control over transfers.  United could have had mcguire last summer, along with targets mou thought would strengthen united's weak points.  But at the same time, his presence was also negatively impacting the team because of said lack of control over adding enforcements.
This transfer window for united was pretty shit, but bassika and mcguire enforce the squad defensively.  What ever happened to targets like perisic, savic, or fernandes?  Anyway I do like seeing Martial and Rashford as strike partners and wondering if the following formation can work:

Rashford      Martial
Pogba       Matiic
Shaw               McTominnay               Bassika
McGuire   Linelof   Defender
DeGea

I don't think they are gritty enough to pull off 3-5-2 though

I like this team but the problem is Bissaka and Shaw arent attacking enough to pull off as wing backs. You have to play Dalot in place Shaw.

Anyway, now that the dust is settled and there's no point in moaning anymore, will try to be optimistic.

I dont like saying this, but our season now completely depends on Paul Pogba. If he starts enjoying football again and starts having the same kind of games he was having during Solskjaer's first couple of months, we will look like a whole different team than what is expected of us at this moment. If Pogba plays well, which is a BIG IF, then the whole team, and his henchmen like Rashford and Lingard will lift their games too.

Honestly tho, I dont care about a top 4 finish. And these claims that we can attract better players if we do so is the biggest bs that's propagating. Last time we did that, we got Fred and Dalot. rofl So, all i want to see is progress, youth and a little bit excitement even if we finish 7th in the end.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:57 am

Don't forget Sánchez too. If he starts performing like he did for Arsenal there is something to be excited about Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next