RealGunner
futbol
Mr Nick09
55 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Goodbye Xavi - Page 6 Empty Re: Goodbye Xavi

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm

My favourite part of the interview is definitely how he brings up pretty football vs good football.

The one thing that I've always questioned about Xavi as a coach is how inflexible he sounds. Qatar aside, his footballing thoughts are Barca through and through.

At least with Pep he went to Italy, Mexico, and Qatar. Countries with completely different footballing ideas and concepts. That's something Xavi has never experienced, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was even more stubborn about his football than Pep is. Laughing

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Xavi being our coach.... would be so awesome eco smile

Agreed that one cant be too rigid and Xavi will need to evolve and also be more flexible when he starts to coach and manage....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Casciavit wrote:My favourite part of the interview is definitely how he brings up pretty football vs good football.

The one thing that I've always questioned about Xavi as a coach is how inflexible he sounds. Qatar aside, his footballing thoughts are Barca through and through.

At least with Pep he went to Italy, Mexico, and Qatar. Countries with completely different footballing ideas and concepts. That's something Xavi has never experienced, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was even more stubborn about his football than Pep is. Laughing

Yeah, i'd argue Pep's experience in Italy was fundamentally vital for his success as a coach.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Casciavit wrote:Busquets can't do that because even I'm faster than him.

This was great Laughing

All round great read though, can't wait to see Xavi as a coach.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Magnificent player and, from the looks of it, quite the tactician. His off-field comments, however, don't always measure up to his legendary talent. In fact, they were at times cheap, distasteful and downright disrespectful.

He might have Guardiola's knowledge, but he certainly doesn't have his class. This is why I respect managers like Zidane, Carlo and Guardiola more than the likes of Mourinho even though the latter has won enough trophies to be included in the same brackets as the best managers of this generation.

Those three when they lose, they don't throw their players under the bus. They don't justify their losses with refereeing mistakes and usually think long and hard before they speak to avoid creating controversy. That and the fact that they don't jump up and down on the touchlines like a 6-year old when their team scores.

I can't repeat this enough: if there's one thing I respect Zidane for, it's his class and calm on the touchlines.

Xavi doesn't strike me as someone who thinks long and hard before they speak; and for that reason, I don't think he'll ever earn the respect Guardiola has as a manager.

Yeah about Zidane's cool head...

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 pm

LOL, but maybe that's how we all would react when someone says something nasty about our mother!!!

What I find interesting about his comments is he thinks only Barca teaches the concept of managing space. I have two 15 year old nephews (twins) playing for Real Oviedo and they have been taught that way since they were 8 years old, actually I believe it is being taught throughout all the Spain academies. Why?, not because of Barca, it's the way the seleccions (including all youth teams) play.

Xavi makes a lot of good points, but you can clearly see his bias in his interview.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Magnificent player and, from the looks of it, quite the tactician. His off-field comments, however, don't always measure up to his legendary talent. In fact, they were at times cheap, distasteful and downright disrespectful.

He might have Guardiola's knowledge, but he certainly doesn't have his class. This is why I respect managers like Zidane, Carlo and Guardiola more than the likes of Mourinho even though the latter has won enough trophies to be included in the same brackets as the best managers of this generation.

Those three when they lose, they don't throw their players under the bus. They don't justify their losses with refereeing mistakes and usually think long and hard before they speak to avoid creating controversy. That and the fact that they don't jump up and down on the touchlines like a 6-year old when their team scores.

I can't repeat this enough: if there's one thing I respect Zidane for, it's his class and calm on the touchlines.

Xavi doesn't strike me as someone who thinks long and hard before they speak; and for that reason, I don't think he'll ever earn the respect Guardiola has as a manager.

Yeah about Zidane's cool head...

But I'm sure you agree with me that it's a little unfair to judge someone on class based solely on the reaction they had shortly after someone insulted their mother. I'm sure most people would react similarly or at least resort to a certain degree of violence (verbal or physical) to take a down a shameless, manipulative coward.

Besides, I was referring to the Zidane the manager when I made my remarks. For the two seasons he has been in charge of Madrid, I never heard him complain about referees or insinuate that we were victims of a conspiracy or insult other managers or throw one of his players under the bus. I also never seen him do this:

or this:

or this:

This is basically his reaction in the CL final against Juventus, in a game that would see become the first manager ever to win the CL two years back-to-back:

He may run a couple meters in excitement at times, but you'll never see him behave like a teenager on the touchlines. It's something I truly respect and admire about him.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Besides, I was referring to the Zidane the manager when I made my remarks. For the two seasons he has been in charge of Madrid, I never heard him complain about referees or insinuate that we were victims of a conspiracy or insult other managers or throw one of his players under the bus.
You know why? Because Madrid owned referees and Uefa officials. Why on earth would he complain for the easiest opponents, or when they eventually got a tough draw, opponent gets 2 reds for your two offside goals. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 am

behave like a teenager on the touchlines ? shit i love it when managers celebrate like crazy, celebrations in general play a huge part of football, at least for me.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Barcelona legend Xavi has announced that he will retire from professional football at the end of this season.
https://www.goal.com/en?ICID=HP

Now get your coaching Certificate.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 02, 2019 10:23 pm

Thought he retired 4 years ago
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 02, 2019 10:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thought he retired 4 years ago

He might as well have done lol, same case with most players tbh.

They tend stop being relevant multiple years before they actual retirement.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 03, 2019 9:34 am

So what is best for these kind of legend and past players who would wanna go straight into management? What should be done to prepare and the best path? There are so many high profile failures in recent years, but also some successful ones, but Im sure they do need some thing at a smaller club on their own to learn their trade or at least sharpen their sword b4 they go on to manager a proper big club?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sat May 04, 2019 1:14 am

LOL he was still playing? goddamn ... I thought he would have been the Bacelona B coach already
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 04, 2019 5:42 am

Don Xavi truly our last hope for proper possession football.

Pep betrayed it for robotic wingplay where his teams spam crosses on the underlap ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6